PDA

View Full Version : Mag client quest not working?

Rhypht
Apr 20, 2012, 08:22 PM
If I'm not mistaken, the quest where you can get the mag is the first quest from Koffie in the West quest counter. Acquire two of something, which I've found out is rockbear horns. I have that client order, but rockbears just aren't dropping Rockbear horns. I've killed about 11 of them since I got that client quest, and not a single one has dropped a quest item. Anyone else having this problem/know a solution to it?

Mike
Apr 20, 2012, 08:26 PM
Keep at it. They drop but are rare-ish.

Xaeris
Apr 20, 2012, 08:32 PM
That's odd, I got both of mine on the first try. Are you farming the horns from the Rocbears that randomly show up as Codes in the Nab Rappy quest or are you going after the ones that show up at the end of Forest Exploration?

Akiyama
Apr 20, 2012, 08:32 PM
Got mine earlier. They most certainly drop. Just keep at it.

Rhypht
Apr 20, 2012, 08:38 PM
My friend said that he got them right away. I'm doing the free exploration quest since you have to fight one at the end anyway, I've also seen at least one in a random encounter during the quest every time I've done it. But I'll keep at it I suppose, I guess some people were just getting lucky.

EDIT: I've killed a bout 25 rockbears now, and still not a single horn has been dropped. I'm starting to think that there actually is a bug.

PKS
Apr 22, 2012, 12:09 AM
Either I'm very lucky, or they're not that rare.
1st Rockbear dropped nothing.
2nd killed me (boss so I failed)
3rd one dropped one
4th one dropped nothing
5th one dropped one.

Reia
Apr 22, 2012, 12:10 AM
I spent like 10 runs! I noticed a glitch that happenned to me twice. Every maintenance the Mag License quest "Turns OFF" by itself so you have to speak with Koffie to get it again. If you don't the item never drops!

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 22, 2012, 12:15 AM
I got my rockbear horns from the free field quest for forest.. you fight one (sometimes two) at the end. I got both of my in two runs...

Alenoir
Apr 22, 2012, 12:15 AM
It took me about 6 to 7 Rockbears before I get both horns. Just keep doing it.

0.03% spawn rate for Dark Ragne in the forest exploration map, yeah right. =_=;

Reia
Apr 22, 2012, 12:17 AM

Out of 100-300 enemies that spawn in the multiparty zone everytime you explore it around. Also Dark Ragne takes a lot of time to kill in the unconfortable places he picks to spawn. The 5 times I fought it I happenned to come across with a party already fighting it.

Crystal_Shard
Apr 22, 2012, 12:22 AM
Wasn't there some tip about aiming for the horns when fighting a Rockbear to up your chances? Got one on the last run and I was aiming at the horn all the time.

youcantcatchtheblue
Apr 22, 2012, 12:27 AM
For the Rock Bear horns you should do Cofii's 3rd Client Order first. After that you'll unlock the forest Free Field quest where you get 3x Rock Bear duels at the end. Just keep fighting those guys.

Seems about right to me.... I haven't seen him at all :-(

Alenoir
Apr 22, 2012, 12:28 AM
Seems about right to me.... I haven't seen him at all :-(

I ran that quest about 7 or 8 times, ran into him ...around 4 times. =_=;;

You should tag along with me next time I run that or something.

Reia
Apr 22, 2012, 12:29 AM
Wasn't there some tip about aiming for the horns when fighting a Rockbear to up your chances? Got one on the last run and I was aiming at the horn all the time.

The famous Yellow box is known for quest items, mostly for Client Orders. It drops appart of your drop, When I counted the drop of the yellow box I saw 9 items rather than 8. So I think the horn drop chance is appart of breaking his part.