PDA

View Full Version : ERROR 434 Fix

zerolegends
Apr 20, 2012, 09:28 PM
Those of u who are just like me who spent countless hours trying to figure out what the Damn Error 434 is... i've finally fixed mine. Now this is Here to provie help to those of you who have the Same problem since it took me nearly 8 hours to fix this issue... OK ima get to the point now...

The Problem lies within ur Antivirus (namely Avast) and your firewall...i know its a risky choice but please trust me on this.... You should disable both of those things for a few seconds as u can reopen em up within a heartbeat anyways thats how you fix it...

I hope this helps the people in the future and may the force be with u ... good luck

goombazoid
Apr 20, 2012, 10:44 PM
You can also just add pso2 as an exception in avast if you don't want to disable it.

cr0zzb0ne
Apr 21, 2012, 02:25 AM
i already did that and it's still not working.. T_T
any other way to fix it?

Lucidia
Apr 21, 2012, 03:20 AM
I believe the other solutions is to delete the downloads folder in /documents/sega/phantasystaronline2

Good luck.

Nuja
Apr 21, 2012, 04:26 AM
I had this problem on two different computers: one was because of the web protection of gdata and one was because of windows defender service.

If you want to play and get this error I would suggest you to disable any firewall (from windows and antivirus), windows defender services and any kind of web protection (from windows/software) once the game is updated you can try to re-enable all of it one by one to see if its still working and to know what was causing this.

piootr
Apr 21, 2012, 12:04 PM
I have this same issue that I have been trying to solve for a few days now. I have disabled any firewalls, windows and otherwise, and added PSO2 exceptions just in case. I have disabled windows defender, I have no antivirus installed, I have my router firewall turned off, and I have deleted the download folder several times. I have also ran as administrator and tried reinstalling. I want to play this game so damn badly though, so this really sucks. I also found that I can't download the client from the official site, as the download server always times out before anything pops up. I assume this is related, but I am clueless on how to fix it. I really hope someone can come up with a fix.

Taitu
Apr 21, 2012, 12:38 PM
I've already mentioned the answer to why some people can't bypass the error 434. The problem lies in whatever host they are utilizing for their servers. They are blocking certain IP regions, so some people no matter what they do short of finding a way to proxy their IP to the program will not be able to connect.

As this seems to be my issue I've looked into quite a few programs to try and proxy myself; however, there does not seem to be any proxy software(That is easy to find anyway) that will proxy you to programs on your computer. Almost all of them proxy you by interfacing with your web browser which of course is only useful for web browsing.

Of course this DOES mean you can check to see if your IP is the issue by downloading proxy software and testing to see if once doing so you are able to download the downloader off their site. Of course besides discovering if this is your issue is as far as this can take you.

piootr
Apr 21, 2012, 12:52 PM
Thanks Taitu. I tried a web proxy and was able to download from the site, which means my ISP is screwing me over somewhere. Guess I need to arrange to go to a friend's house or something.

Galactic Brofist
Apr 21, 2012, 04:34 PM
Taitu, you are 100% right. After days of trying to even patch the game correctly and constantly hitting 434 errors, I got it working. I'm using the CyberGhost VPN program as my proxy, but it's not exactly ideal. There's a limit as long as you want it to stay free, and it's not exactly a fast connection either.

It's better than nothing though. I have to wonder why Sega is blocking some specific IPs in the first place though.

Taitu
Apr 21, 2012, 04:39 PM
I honestly doubt it's SEGA blocking people. I believe it's just whatever server they're hosting on already had these locks built in to their system.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion on the proxy, I'll give it a shot.

Xaton
Apr 21, 2012, 04:44 PM
hmms if the server the are hosting on has these locks then it has to be sent in like tell them its happening if they want to try to go global.

Taitu
Apr 21, 2012, 06:01 PM
Alright, I have some excellent news. It seems like CyberGhost does indeed get passed the update flawlessly, so again thank you Brofist for suggesting it. Now of course it goes without saying that the download/update servers are seperate from the game server. The excellent part is that whatever region locks were on the update/download server are not in place on the game itself. With that being said the update will be slow; however, you can play the game at your own regular internet speed.

As far as contacting them about the issue with their update server I would love to let them know; however, while I can read Japanese relatively well my grasp on their grammar system isn't very tight. If anyone a bit more fluent would care to write to them about the issue that would be great though.

Anyway, this should be the last major roadblock for anyone having connection issues to the game. Hopefully all of you who still can't play can use this method to get into the game. Enjoy everyone.

Shuten
Apr 23, 2012, 10:47 AM
Well I tried Cyberghost, but I'm still getting the error. Must be missing something here.

Derp I forgot to disable G data's web protection, in the end I didn't even need the proxy, remember that time where you were sure you checked it all? Better go back and check again dude <.< >.>

Fossil
Apr 23, 2012, 08:33 PM
Just got the game installed and I am having this same problem. Avast is not causing issues that I can tell, I made an exception in my firewall even though I do not believe it was the cause either. Everytime I tried running the game it would freeze at the patch screen. My network monitor would show a download in progress but after 20 or so seconds it would stop and that 434 error would pop up.

I've tried reinstalling the game several times/deleting the download folder and I went through the hassle of installing Cyberghost but it does not appear to be working either. It looked like the 'download' was initiating longer than before, but it stopped and gave me the 434 error too.

I am unsure what to do at this point.

goombazoid
Apr 23, 2012, 08:49 PM
Just got the game installed and I am having this same problem. Avast is not causing issues that I can tell, I made an exception in my firewall even though I do not believe it was the cause either. Everytime I tried running the game it would freeze at the patch screen. My network monitor would show a download in progress but after 20 or so seconds it would stop and that 434 error would pop up.

I've tried reinstalling the game several times/deleting the download folder and I went through the hassle of installing Cyberghost but it does not appear to be working either. It looked like the 'download' was initiating longer than before, but it stopped and gave me the 434 error too.

I am unsure what to do at this point.

I'm not sure what you mean by avast not causing issues that you can tell, maybe you've looked into it deeper than I did, but that sounds like the exact issue I was having before I lowered my avast's shields to patch. Apparently you can also add an exception in avast (I noticed you said you did in the firewall, wasn't sure if that implied avast) for the .exe, but I just lower my shields whenever I want to patch.

Again, if you've looked into it deeper than I have and have determined that avast is definitely not the issue then I'm sorry, but it seems like that's the same problem I was having.

Fossil
Apr 23, 2012, 08:54 PM
Ugh... Avast was the problem. Which is really odd, but whatever. Thanks for bringing it up again, goombazoid. It patched right away and the game loaded. Now it's time for bed! :\

Taitu
Apr 24, 2012, 02:03 PM
I suppose to elaborate on the proxy issue for those that don't quite understand how it works. Your IP is likely only the issue if you can't connect at all. The server won't let you connect to it at all if it's not accepting connections from your IP range. If you've managed to connect but can't stay connected it's much more likely that your anti-virus or firewall is blocking you.

RahvinWT
Apr 27, 2012, 07:54 PM
Those of you that are still having issues with error 434 AND are using avast, it's not enough to disable it. You'll have to actually go into services and stop the actual Avast! service. Worked for me and my wife's PC. (if you open the task manager and click the services tab, it should be in the list)

riezahughes
Apr 28, 2012, 05:21 AM
My 434 has fixed itself, and i was just launching the game... but now not even gameguards loading after i click play.

noisedemon
Dec 21, 2012, 12:08 PM
You know whats funny ? i played pso2 for couple hours after i found this security code and then it simply disconnected me and when i tried to log in back i got this error .thats something new xd

Ardow
Nov 7, 2013, 02:54 PM
I honestly doubt it's SEGA blocking people. I believe it's just whatever server they're hosting on already had these locks built in to their system.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion on the proxy, I'll give it a shot.

Can i have a proxy that works cuz i cant find enything i really want to play PSO2 ive been trying to fix all the errors i have gotten (4th if you count error 434 433) and i think im close........