PDA

View Full Version : Impressions with boosted monsters?

DoubleCannon
Apr 21, 2012, 08:14 PM
So I have been waiting for this and now get to see how the boosted monsters are from 2 videos that have been posted and not in a million years did I think bosses could become boosted. Friggin amazing lol. How often are people finding boosted monsters and how are they drop wise compared to say PS Zero where it never seemed to matter lol. Btw if anyone has videos of boosted monsters plz let me know I would like to see them :) Thanks!

Oh also has the ending of a missions music been changed? From the mission where the ppl fought the boosted bears the music was epic and that terrible end mission music never came and hope its gone! lol can this be confirmed or is it still around?

Randomness
Apr 21, 2012, 08:32 PM
Well, I'm trying to figure out what the different changes mean...

I once fought one that had a giant pink "flower" on its head.

FOkyasuta
Apr 21, 2012, 09:06 PM
Best bet its the same way PSU handled it. Physical appearance on what is boosted.

Ex: Bigger fists, Claws etc. when Melee boosted.

Randomness
Apr 21, 2012, 09:09 PM
Best bet its the same way PSU handled it. Physical appearance on what is boosted.

Ex: Bigger fists, Claws etc. when Melee boosted.

Eh... no. Most boosted stuff has a dark red coloring and weird growths. But they don't occur on obvious body parts.

Kraiseson
Apr 21, 2012, 09:11 PM
B-b-boosted? Pics or die.

FOkyasuta
Apr 21, 2012, 09:19 PM
Eh... no. Most boosted stuff has a dark red coloring and weird growths. But they don't occur on obvious body parts.
Well sorry geez... No need to bark at me Pitbull status.
Mutation much?

/lawl seed-type stuff

GreenArcher
Apr 21, 2012, 09:29 PM
Fought the Vol Dragon boosted, do not recommend.

SpishackCola
Apr 21, 2012, 09:47 PM
Rockbear boss was boosted one of the times I fought it. Ran even harder than normal.

youcantcatchtheblue
Apr 21, 2012, 09:50 PM
On normal enemies, Boosted ones don't seem much stronger at all... the weakspots make them die really quickly... I haven't noticed an increased drop rate either... so far I'm disappointed in boosted enemies.

But I'm looking forward to seeing a boosted boss!! that would be so awesome. I hope I get to fight one soon ^^

Xaeris
Apr 21, 2012, 09:51 PM
Fought the Vol Dragon boosted, do not recommend.

Same. Moreover, I was solo when I got it. That...that was unpleasant.

Rei-San
Apr 21, 2012, 10:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yv8m7a98m5U&hd=1

This isn't me. faved this cause it was so epic. "A BOOSTED BOSS!?" Plus a rappy with a blade. :p

This thing almost wrecked their shit. I wish I could have been there. :D

Kazzi
Apr 21, 2012, 10:33 PM
There was a JP stream where they ran into a Boosted Dark Ragne, it took them all out with one attack because they were around level 12. It was pretty hilarious to watch.

I've battled the boosted dragon, and I have to say I like the boosted the enemies. They're gross to look at, but they're also a good challenge over just fighting the normal enemies all the time.

foreignreign
Apr 21, 2012, 10:49 PM
I fought a boosted Rockbear at the end of Forest Exploration.

Didn't think it was that much trouble though since he was still slow as ever.

Kraiseson
Apr 21, 2012, 10:52 PM
What program do you use to record?

NoiseHERO
Apr 21, 2012, 11:05 PM
Fought Invasion Dark Ragne boosted...

Couldn't tell much of a difference cause he's a pain in the ashimar anyway, but took longer to kill.

Rei-San
Apr 21, 2012, 11:29 PM
What program do you use to record?

I use fraps, and edit with sony vegas. But I haven't uploaded any vids to show anyone. :(

Others use bandicam I believe.

Reia
Apr 22, 2012, 12:40 AM
Fought a Contaminated Dark Ragne. It got a Weak spot on the front, giving him an exposed hitbox rather than the one behind its head when you hit the legs. But it got lot more time to hit. Also I noticed it spitted way more dark disks.

Zinaida
Apr 22, 2012, 12:47 AM
Fought a boosted Dark Ragne in an Emergency Code: Attack. ...Then it went to Change-Over Code: Duel and we had to fight it again.

Of course, when we reached the next block in the forest the Hollowed-Corpse one appeared. It wasn't boosted, thankfully. Got another Change-Over Code, though.

Four in a row.

Finalzone
Apr 22, 2012, 01:18 AM
I met some of them except the bosses. They seem attacking faster and damaging than normal. I had emergency attack against a boosted trilobite like creatures who killed me with its charging move. Fortunately, the NPC revived me in the multiparty area.

Macman
Apr 22, 2012, 01:59 AM
Boosted monsters have those things Breadas spit out stuck in them.
That's gotta hurt! D:

Ryudo
Apr 22, 2012, 10:20 AM
fought a boosted dark ragne, wasnt too much worse than the regular version but there seems to be different levels of boost? red orb seems smallest boost, then red...insecty thing? then a small tree on them lol

Clunker
Apr 22, 2012, 02:35 PM
I"ve only seen vids with the 'red orb'; anyone got links to example vids for the other two boost-types?

DoubleCannon
Apr 22, 2012, 02:58 PM
fought a boosted dark ragne, wasnt too much worse than the regular version but there seems to be different levels of boost? red orb seems smallest boost, then red...insecty thing? then a small tree on them lol

Oh now this is interesting. Anyone else see this type of thing?
Also that video of the dragon and rappy is the 1st video of beta I seen lol and yes its epic

Pillan
Apr 22, 2012, 03:08 PM
Oh now this is interesting. Anyone else see this type of thing?
Also that video of the dragon and rappy is the 1st video of beta I seen lol and yes its epic

I have seen three types of boost as well. However, since I only saw the standard (smallest) orb on bosses, I really couldn't tell if there was a difference in strength. Everything else dies too fast if you hit the orb.

Unfortunately, I haven't really done any videos myself.

Dragwind
Apr 23, 2012, 12:12 AM
For regular boosted enemies, there doesn't seem to be much of a difference. I think it would be neat if they made them a bit more of a challenge.

Fujiko
Apr 23, 2012, 12:17 AM
The ones I have fought seemed to be more of a let down/not different enough from normal. Would be better if they did offer a greater challenge/tricks.

Have to wonder though on the harder difficulties. These boosted monsters could put up good fight on something like say Ultimate.

DoubleCannon
Apr 23, 2012, 09:06 AM
The ones I have fought seemed to be more of a let down/not different enough from normal. Would be better if they did offer a greater challenge/tricks.

Have to wonder though on the harder difficulties. These boosted monsters could put up good fight on something like say Ultimate.

Yes my thought exactly. Because this is just normal, enemies are not strong to begin with except bosses which I find have like 30k+ HP haha. Love it though gives it a good challenge. Now imagine these monsters being say level 150+ .. Oh god the annihilation there would be on players lol

youcantcatchtheblue
May 5, 2012, 03:07 AM
Here are some Boosted boss fights:

Boosted Rock Bears in HD 1080p
Both Rock Bears were boosted!! I don't know if this is true, but it seems that if a boosted enemy spawns it raises the chances of another boosted enemy spawning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEyPE0qooxE&hd=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEyPE0qooxE&hd=1

And a Boosted Vol Dragon in HD 1080p
It also appears that the longer you stay in a quest doing Interrupt Events and killing monsters, the higher the chance that the end boss will be boosted, because I stayed in this quest a pretty looooong time before going to the boss stage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgSlOwj7A-M&hd=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgSlOwj7A-M&hd=1

BIG OLAF
May 5, 2012, 03:14 AM
I honestly think it's kind of stupid to have the "boost spot" be extra-sensitive to damage.

As for the boost types, I only encountered the level 3 boost twice. Once on a Dagan in Urban Recovery (which looked hilarious, as it was bigger than the Dagan itself), and once on Vol Dragon...

For some reason, it was sunk like halfway into him. Kind of weird, and made it hard to hit.

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/uHcQF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/zSGry.jpg[/spoiler-box]

EDIT: I wonder if Dark Falz will be able to have "boosted" infections...considering he's, you know, like the root of the infection (I'm guessing).

Saotome Kaneda
May 5, 2012, 03:39 AM
For some reason, it was sunk like halfway into him. Kind of weird, and made it hard to hit.

It sinks in because it's a Darker seed. lol In fact I've seen Lv2 infected monsters respawn immediately as Lv3 infected, usually if I don't kill them by hitting the weak spot.

Freshellent
May 5, 2012, 03:42 AM
So uh. Am I the only one that thinks they should get a crazy speed boost too? Like, I wanna see whole parties wipe because they don't dodge the Vol charges in time.

Yes, I'm serious.

youcantcatchtheblue
May 5, 2012, 03:43 AM
[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/uHcQF.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/zSGry.jpg[/spoiler-box]

That's some really nice screenshots, OLAF!!

Looks very epic!! I'd love to see a video of that fight

Hrith
May 5, 2012, 06:11 AM
I honestly think it's kind of stupid to have the "boost spot" be extra-sensitive to damage.It's called an excrescence, but yeah, I agree. As a ranger, it makes corrupted enemies easier to kill >_>

catwat
May 5, 2012, 07:30 AM
Yeah they are getting easier to defeat instead of being harder. That extra weakspot on bosses especially makes killing them alot easier, they just got more HP. I think they should work over this again and make boosted monsters actually harder, meaning: remove the weakspot completely, make them a bit faster and bigger in size, give them more attack power. imho

H3Av3NS PUNISH3R
May 5, 2012, 11:14 AM
Well, it's still in it's testing stages, so I wouldn't count out boosted enemies just yet. Also, we're fighting them on Normal mode. Eventually, they will get harder and start biting back. Remember the drastic change from Normal to Ultimate on PSO? I'm pretty sure that we will get a challenge soon.

Cayenne
May 5, 2012, 11:22 AM
Boosted enemies should make you want to gang up on it because you have to but that isn't the case, which is sad.

I agree with you all, they need to have a lot more HP, not just like 10% extra, shouldn't have a weak spot, a little quicker, hit harder, and make enemies spawn the longer it's alive, making you needing to kill them quick!

That's what I would want for a boosted enemy.

youcantcatchtheblue
May 5, 2012, 12:39 PM
Well, I don't necessarily think they should remove the weak-spot. It's really satisfying to hit those - they just need to not die so fast.

Peejay
May 5, 2012, 01:38 PM
Actually, I've noticed a few of them acting differently and more aggressive in the closed Beta. Ragne was a bit more intuitive in his actions, and it seems to not scale. If you fight it solo, it definitely would be more of a challenge, but in a party, everything else scales up but it doesn't.

That's my observations.

Cayenne
May 5, 2012, 01:46 PM
Pretty much I want to react to seeing a boosted enemy like I do when a RockBear pops up.

Ghalion
May 5, 2012, 07:35 PM
I too felt that boosted enemies only seemed to die faster if their weak spot was accessible, and didn't notice them really dropping any extras at all. I think I may have encountered a boosted rockbear the very FIRST time I met one though seeing as it would knock about 3/4 of my health from each hit (the level 5 random version too, not the level 9 one), but maybe I just got a lot sturdier in the 2 levels I gained when I found a second one (Even though my armor was more or less the same).

Personally I think that the weak spot should be MUCH less devastating to them, and everywhere else should be slightly less resistant. Like with regular enemies I'd be hitting them for 40, and if I hit a weak spot, like 150... I think better ratios would be more like 55/90.

Hrith
May 5, 2012, 07:49 PM
It'd be fine if they had 300% HP like in PSP2.

ClothoBuer
May 6, 2012, 01:56 AM
Fought boosted versions of all the bosses in the beta, it can be quite a white-knuckle affair, but it's enjoyable. Drop rates really aren't much different, at least that I noted, slightly more Meseta as compared to a normal version, but seldom anything major aside from the occasional Photon Drop/Grinder.

Miyoko
May 7, 2012, 04:14 AM
So far, I don't like it. I absolutely HATED it in PSP2 and PSZ. It was just a huge waste of time and so extremely tedious. Their HP was boosted to retarded levels, and they NEVER dropped anything better.

I don't mind it as much on PSO2 so far, because it doesn't make them take obnoxiously longer to kill, but, they still don't drop anything better. :l As long as it doesn't get to PSP2 levels where you can kill 5 non boosted enemies in the same time, and have less of a chance of getting something as if you'd just killed 5 regular enemies.

Rath-Kun
May 7, 2012, 10:27 AM
That's going to be scary going through hard mode and fighting a boosted monster boss unexpectedly..

Rauten
May 7, 2012, 11:10 AM
Well, drops may not be better, bu the extra exp is delicious!