PDA

View Full Version : 4/22 Emergency Maintenance (2pm - 4:30pm)

Mike
Apr 21, 2012, 09:26 PM
Once again, there will be emergency maintenance today but thay haven't said when exactly. It will probably be from 2pm to 4 or 5pm so get your playing in before then.

Kraiseson
Apr 21, 2012, 09:30 PM
Nooooooooo !

FOkyasuta
Apr 21, 2012, 09:31 PM
Killin em with that daily Maintenance Sega.

eharima
Apr 21, 2012, 11:02 PM
14;00-17;00 jst
【緊急サーバーメンテナンスのお知らせ】通信遅延、回線切断の原因調査と、一部不具合の対応のため、4月2 2日(日)14:00~17:00まで緊急サーバーメンテナンスを行います。詳細は、プレイヤーズサイトを ご確認ください。迷惑をおかけいたしますことをお詫びいたします

Polantaris
Apr 21, 2012, 11:56 PM
Fourth time's the charm?

foreignreign
Apr 22, 2012, 12:00 AM
Figures.

SELENNA
Apr 22, 2012, 12:01 AM
Wtf, I was just playing and got booted, now all servers are offline. Thought I'd be ok at this time. Poor SEGA...

Sidney
Apr 22, 2012, 12:02 AM
Dammit, I was having fun, too! :p

foreignreign
Apr 22, 2012, 12:03 AM
Wtf, I was just playing and got booted, now all servers are offline. Thought I'd be ok at this time. Poor SEGA...

Logging on at 1 AM EST is probably the worst time to try to log in. =p

Dragwind
Apr 22, 2012, 12:03 AM
Grr, I was just owning a rockbear alone. So much for that.

BIG OLAF
Apr 22, 2012, 12:04 AM
Yeesh, every night.

Also, I second Soubrette's comment. I was having fun.

Fix whatever needs fixing and leave it be, SEGA. Or else ya gonna get slap'd.

buri-chan
Just in time for me to watch E-Rank Luck in action then go to bed.

Sanada Yukimura
This daily maintenance is crazy.

Priest
Apr 22, 2012, 12:05 AM
Darn it, just the excuse to go to sleep I wasn't looking for. >_<

Azazel7108
Apr 22, 2012, 12:05 AM
well its nice to see most the time they shut it down. its always the same time. no random 15min warnings. & its down for 4hours.

Dragwind
Apr 22, 2012, 12:06 AM
It's all part of tweaking and making sure everything works right and well.

Xaeris
Blah, I was in the middle of fighting Vol Dragon. I was fighting like garbage too, so ending it like that left a nasty taste in my mouth. I guess I'll have to wait for tomorrow to take proper vengeance. Trying to play during the JP primetime that comes after maintenance is just folly.

foreignreign
It's funny how some of us are angry about this.

This is going on at 2pm in Japan, where a majority of people are probably getting their play time in. Now they must be mad.

Kimil Adrayne
Apr 22, 2012, 12:10 AM
Was JUST turning it back on too. Shitty.

youcantcatchtheblue
Apr 22, 2012, 12:11 AM
I really hope they find some counter-measures for the lag / disconnecting. I want the smooth gameplay we had at Alpha!!

Spellbinder
Apr 22, 2012, 12:13 AM
It's funny how some of us are angry about this.

This is going on at 2pm in Japan, where a majority of people are probably getting their play time in. Now they must be mad.

Is mad... (ノ ゜Д゜)ノ ==== ┻━━┻

But I suppose this just means I can do some work while I wait... *grumbles*

Crystal_Shard
Apr 22, 2012, 12:16 AM
Was just about to start a new mission, then bam, error 630. Oh well, managed to get some decent playtime in. As for all the comments/complaints about lag, so far the servers have been a lot more stable than it was on the first day. Gotta give them some credit.

DayDreamer
Apr 22, 2012, 12:16 AM
Emergency!
Code.

Maintenance 8'D

But on a serious note yea this stinks >>

BahnKnakyu
Apr 22, 2012, 12:25 AM
We're playing a beta, we should expect random stuff like this to happen.

The frequency that this is happening IS causing me to raise an eyebrow though. I wonder if they're still trying to do load balancing on their servers.

Mike
Apr 22, 2012, 12:56 AM
The frequency that this is happening IS causing me to raise an eyebrow though. I wonder if they're still trying to do load balancing on their servers.
That's because they don't actually know why all this is happening. In additoin to the lag and general disconnections, the maximum number of connections to the servers also have somehow been capped and when the cap is reached, the servers throw a fit and disconnect a bunch of people even though there is still room for more people. You can read a bit more about it on the official blog.

http://ameblo.jp/sega-psblog/entry-11229687310.html

foreignreign
Apr 22, 2012, 12:59 AM
All I heard from that post is:

They should get new server hardware or find a different vendor.

pkersinc
Apr 22, 2012, 01:18 AM
this fucking sucks... 3rd night in a row. Just so happens the only time I could play the last 3 days was during maintenance -____- REALLY? wtf i want to play PSO 2 DAMN IT. I live in PST sooo every time i get home from my second job at 10:30 -11pm the servers are down.......

Maverick_Arcane
Apr 22, 2012, 01:19 AM
When will the server's be up according to -8GMT?

Itoshi
Apr 22, 2012, 01:27 AM
EMERGENCY! CODE : P-ATCH!

Asai
Apr 22, 2012, 02:12 AM
Emergency!
Code.

Maintenance 8'D

Fucking lol...

Nuja
Apr 22, 2012, 02:29 AM
Hi,
since this morning I get this message for any button of the launcher:

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/854377error.png

anyone know what it is ?

TylerR3
Apr 22, 2012, 02:31 AM
Hi,
since this morning I get this message for any button of the launcher:

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/854377error.png

anyone know what it is ?

Its been down for maintenance. About 2 1/2 hours now.

Nuja
Apr 22, 2012, 02:34 AM
Its been down for maintenance. About 2 1/2 hours now.

thx, i knew about the maintenance but didnt know if it was normal to not be able to even launch the game and try to connect It was not like this in previous maintenance.

Reia
Apr 22, 2012, 02:37 AM
Updater started. I guess the server is up now.

TylerR3
Apr 22, 2012, 02:38 AM
thx, i knew about the maintenance but didnt know if it was normal to not be able to even launch the game and try to connect It was not like this in previous maintenance.

Yeah, that happened to me. I'm on the ship select sign-in screen. If I close it all out I would get the same one you are having now. I need to learn this language.

Reia
Apr 22, 2012, 02:41 AM
Okay guys the server is up!

Mike
Apr 22, 2012, 02:44 AM
Yup, maintenance is done early.

Arika
Apr 22, 2012, 02:46 AM
Emergency!
Code.

Maintenance 8'D

So how do I clear this code? and what is the reward ? >,<

Reia
Apr 22, 2012, 03:17 AM
I wonder what SEGA is experimenting, different NETcodings to fix their lag problem?

Meena09
Apr 22, 2012, 03:29 AM
Does anyone know what this patch will fix exactly?

Vent
Apr 22, 2012, 03:29 AM
If I would take a random guess I would say that they are disabling features. The servers are probably more or less the same compared to alpha-2, but the game got a lot more extensive. Take those lobby chairs for example, I believe the lag improved by a bit after they removed them. The small updates indicates that probably not a lot has changed. They might have changed the client/server polling frequency of some features.

Miyoko
Apr 22, 2012, 03:31 AM
I wasn't having disconnecting issues before, but now I am! >:l

Nuja
Apr 22, 2012, 03:31 AM
not completely fixed: 630

Arika
Apr 22, 2012, 03:36 AM
They are testing different way.

Since the connection seem worse than before maint.

Enforcer MKV
Apr 22, 2012, 03:39 AM
So how do I clear this code? and what is the reward ? >,<

Lag free servers? This is gonna be a looooooooooong code.

Mike
Apr 22, 2012, 03:46 AM
Yeah, don't expect this maintenance to have fixed anything. Fixes are to come later if what the Twitter account is true.

Polantaris
Apr 22, 2012, 03:49 AM
Well I was experiencing minor lag, not really anything unmanageable (Slight damage delay, occasional small lag spikes). Then after the mission I was on, I went to hand in a client request...got booted talking to the NPC...and now I can't login at all.

Did their login servers break again, or am I just unlucky?

Tsukento
Apr 22, 2012, 03:53 AM
Honestly, this is a Beta. It's to be expected. The amount of people that got in and are inviting friends is more than likely bigger than the amount that were able to get in during the Alpha tests. With more people, more lag is bound to happen. Wouldn't surprise me if they're also fixing things that ended up being broken now that more people have access.

Bior
Apr 22, 2012, 04:00 AM
Are the Japanese players getting lag/disconnects during these time periods too? Or are they getting like priority on the bandwidth or something? Not sure how this all works but it just seems like every time it gets to be around this time the lag just gets unbearable for 5-10 hours. If the Japanese players are getting it too it can't be very reassuring for them, right?

Polantaris
Apr 22, 2012, 04:07 AM
Honestly, this is a Beta. It's to be expected. The amount of people that got in and are inviting friends is more than likely bigger than the amount that were able to get in during the Alpha tests. With more people, more lag is bound to happen. Wouldn't surprise me if they're also fixing things that ended up being broken now that more people have access.

I was stating what happened. I was not complaining, I was asking a simple question to determine if it was just me, or if it was a server issue.

Just because someone mentions lag/disconnects does not mean that they do not understand that this is a Beta and that it will happen.

I'd be surprised if anyone didn't realize this after 3+ days of the same exact situation every single day.

But here's the thing: Since it's so commonplace, when it happens one wants to make sure that it's happening to others, and it's not a problem on their end. Imagine that.

Hayde
Apr 22, 2012, 04:13 AM
The lag was definitely more noticeable now than the previous nights around this time. Although there was a decent amount of lag on the lobbies, I was able to do quests without much huss and fuss. Tonight, I had several occurrences where I literally timed out with a 630 error after I failed to do damage to mobs and they failed to do damage to me--timer was ticking, and they were still moving.

The other times where I didn't DC, there was a huge spike and suddenly everything was caught up. Still, I'm glad they're taking care of this now than later. Presuming they don't do any sort of region-blocking with release, we can only expect more players and not less--at least for the initial launch since this game is F2P.

Dragwind
Apr 22, 2012, 04:13 AM
Are the Japanese players getting lag/disconnects during these time periods too? Or are they getting like priority on the bandwidth or something? Not sure how this all works but it just seems like every time it gets to be around this time the lag just gets unbearable for 5-10 hours. If the Japanese players are getting it too it can't be very reassuring for them, right?

From what's been reported, the Japanese players are experiencing the same lag. Most of this has to be a huge stress test project. If you consider the fact that nearly anyone will eventually have access to at least log into this game, coupled with the fact that this is a big name title (Sega's PSO2), Sega really needs to make sure they can fully handle it compared to what they've had previously. Also consider the fact that there is a lot of information being collected back and forth. They might be collecting too much data that is unnecessary, so things need to be tweaked too.

Well, I logged out just to change my resolution, and bam. Can't get back in.

Xenobia
Apr 22, 2012, 06:30 AM
Server still down?!

Ah nope, seems to work now. Im gonna play until im smashed down, because kinda feelt i invested way to less time for it.

?!!? Logged, but ingame my character been stuck when i want to warp into game. Now it doesnt move anymore.. guess i close my account.

Macman
Apr 22, 2012, 08:25 AM
I've had cases where I was waiting a solid 2 minutes for damage to register.
These servers aren't even close to 100% capacity and they're keeling over from all the activity. I fear for another release delay.