PDA

View Full Version : I was Solo'ing... At least I thought...

TylerR3
Apr 22, 2012, 12:54 AM
I solo'ed through Forest Quest 1, 2, and 3 and all was well.
I did quest number 4 and when I entered the last part I saw HP attacks. It was a name in English and was white and did NOT play like an NPC.

Next run was the same thing but a different name and on quest 5 the name was in Japanese. They always seem to pop in on the last part.

I tried talking to them but got no response but one ran circles around me to get my attention.

I had the same Party name with a password and had friends only checked the whole time.

I didn't mind it but thought it was odd.
Do I have to do anything besides typing in my password to lock the party?

Macman
Apr 22, 2012, 12:56 AM
You were in a multi-party area.
Either the other parties were using public speak, or they had NPCs with them who talk to everyone despite using party-only chat.

I really hope they fix that in the future, NPCs are the most annoying thing.

Spellbinder
Apr 22, 2012, 12:56 AM
This is just a guess, but I think the password lock on the party only applies to single party areas.

GrandTickler
Apr 22, 2012, 12:57 AM
nope there are public maps, everyone have access to that place

ashley50
Apr 22, 2012, 12:58 AM
Thus "Crossroad(s)".

Crystal_Shard
Apr 22, 2012, 01:01 AM
You can lock the party to multiplayer quests I think. Under the password field, there's two checkboxes. The 2nd option is what you are looking for

TylerR3
Apr 22, 2012, 01:01 AM
Thus "Crossroad(s)".

That's exactly what I was thinking when it happened.

You can lock the party to multiplayer quests I think. Under the password field, there's two checkboxes. The 2nd option is what you are looking for

Cool, I'll try that when I'm back on.

Dragwind
Apr 22, 2012, 01:04 AM
Thus "Crossroad(s)".

That's a good way to put it. No matter what you do, you're going to end up in the open-world type areas regardless if you're soloing and put a password on your party. Depending on the quest you're doing, it seems to be required. I second the notion that they should silence the NPCs to those not in your party though, it's annoying.

Edit: I could be wrong about being forced into them. I'll have to fiddle with that other option to see if it's really avoidable. (Although I rather like those open party areas)

FerrPSO
Apr 22, 2012, 04:15 AM
I like those areas a lot. I found really cool to be there and suddenly find other players.

Also, it seems like they're progress doesnt affect yours, so is like a free-help.

NPCs are annoying, that is true.

Polantaris
Apr 22, 2012, 04:27 AM
You were in a multi-party area.
Either the other parties were using public speak, or they had NPCs with them who talk to everyone despite using party-only chat.

I really hope they fix that in the future, NPCs are the most annoying thing.

Oh yeah I agree. We all need to suggest to SEGA that they remove other parties' NPCs from being able to talk in our chat. It's so annoying.

My friend leveled during a Forest area Multi-Play map that happened to have a lot of people...like 15 NPCs spammed Congratulatory messages. It was insane.

But outside of that, Mutli-play areas being part of regular missions is an awesome concept. The magnitude of PSO2's PvE is great. Makes a PvE fan like myself very happy. It's so flawless too, it doesn't disadvantage your party in the least, but it has many advantages.

Fox2Tails
Apr 22, 2012, 05:53 AM
I've seen a few reactions about this, one person thought I was a NPC :(

Noel Vermillion
Apr 22, 2012, 06:30 AM
I just had a conversation with a Japanese CAST. He ran around and said some stuff I didn't understand so I ran away.

Is there any way you can avoid multi-party areas? It annoys me when Japanese people crack my password :P (I just put in my name hahaha) and I tick those two boxes when making a mission. Is it mandatory to see other players or what? I don't really mind I just find it a bit weird :P

FerrPSO
Apr 22, 2012, 06:35 AM
I just had a conversation with a Japanese CAST. He ran around and said some stuff I didn't understand so I ran away.

Is there any way you can avoid multi-party areas? It annoys me when Japanese people crack my password :P (I just put in my name hahaha) and I tick those two boxes when making a mission. Is it mandatory to see other players or what? I don't really mind I just find it a bit weird :P

Multi Party areas are always like that.

The other players you see are not really in your party (thats why the password doesnt do anything).

lostinseganet
Apr 22, 2012, 06:41 AM
I've seen a few reactions about this, one person thought I was a NPC :(
Well do you talk like a robot or the Iphone that talks back to you...?

Zinaida
Apr 22, 2012, 11:53 AM

You're looking at the wrong boxes. There's two blips below the password, the top one should be "lock my party," and the bottom one should be, "lock my party and multiparty area."

It's either-or, you can't click both. So no one is cracking your password.

Yuicihi
Apr 22, 2012, 12:02 PM
Bottom option under the password on the party creation menu, I do believe. Look for 他のパーティーからのマルチプレイ要求も制限, and tick it.

It's honestly my favorite addition to the game thus far. I enjoy running into multiple parties as I hunt Rockbears.

Chives
Apr 22, 2012, 12:59 PM
I like the idea. Sometimes its a hassle to join a party and sit around for 15 minutes while people muck about. This way its kinda like having a party all the time without having to wait for people to move their ass. Makes solo playing more appealing. Big up from me, SEGA.

Xaton
Apr 22, 2012, 01:24 PM
I like the idea. Sometimes its a hassle to join a party and sit around for 15 minutes while people muck about. This way its kinda like having a party all the time without having to wait for people to move their ass. Makes solo playing more appealing. Big up from me, SEGA.

plus it sort of adds in realism on running into another already on mission and in trouble and thus sort of like "alphateam getting back up from Beta team or somthing XD