PDA

View Full Version : So to any tall hunters out there who have fought Rockbear, I have a question.

foreignreign
Apr 22, 2012, 01:11 AM
Does his sweeping attack he does while turning hit you if you're close enough?

I was fighting him as a melee on my petite little FOmarl and was surprised to find out that... the attack didn't hit me, even if his arm went way past me. Made for a relatively painless time fighting him since the only attack I had to really worry about couldn't hit me.

But I was wondering, is this a hitbox thing? I would say my character is below medium height, so was wondering if any taller characters can't just stand next to him and not get hit by it.

And the Ranger's "Sneak Shot" PA just makes me wonder about hitboxes even more since a Ranger lies almost prone on the ground while it's active. Was wondering if you could effectively duck to dodge attacks with that one.

Totori
Apr 22, 2012, 01:12 AM
It is the hitbox issue depending on height you might not get hit, but IIRC taller characters have much better reach then our little shorties.

foreignreign
Apr 22, 2012, 01:45 AM
Hmm, sounds like short FO/RA is the best way to roll, at least for purecaster FOs if it's a hitbox thing.

Unless for some non-logical reason, height effected the distance your bullet travels.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 22, 2012, 01:47 AM
It is the hitbox issue depending on height you might not get hit, but IIRC taller characters have much better reach then our little shorties.

are you serious about this

wow i'm glad my hunter is gigantic then

Reia
Apr 22, 2012, 01:56 AM
Can you specify what kind of height you talking on? I have 1.84m tall with heels and I can perfectly reach it.

Angelo
Apr 22, 2012, 02:00 AM
It may be a latency issue, since I believe boss actions are handled server side.

My HUmar is well above the default height and the swings were missing me occasionally.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 22, 2012, 02:12 AM
also, the sneak shot is a PA? waaaaaaat, i thought it was standing shoot/snipe from your skill tree. does anybody know where it drops and what gun you use it with?

also I'm with angelo on this one. it seems like it's just a buggy attack that works and sometimes doesn't.

Reia
Apr 22, 2012, 02:15 AM
I also thought about the many people saying that I can't block the Rockbear grab, I can!

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 22, 2012, 02:16 AM
I also thought about the many people saying that I can't block the Rockbear grab, I can!

are you serious?! doesn't that violate the now long cemented rule in video games, grabs > blocks?!

all games respect this rule. if you break this rule then i dont even

Reia
Apr 22, 2012, 02:22 AM
are you serious?! doesn't that violate the now long cemented rule in video games, grabs > blocks?!

all games respect this rule. if you break this rule then i dont even

I think that if you don't spend any point in Just Guard, there's a "chance" that your block fails. With Just Guard it nullify that chance along with PP consumption. You can also go Marvel vs Capcom n00b and block in the air. I think that for not interrupting your attack it is a hunter essential that you learn how to block and counterattack, something I learned with Mabinogi Heroes and Phantasy Star Portable 2.

Alenoir
Apr 22, 2012, 02:24 AM
also, the sneak shot is a PA? waaaaaaat, i thought it was standing shoot/snipe from your skill tree. does anybody know where it drops and what gun you use it with?

Somewhere in the forest. I got mine there. It's for rifles/"long guns" and deals decent damage.