PDA

View Full Version : Dragon fight tips?

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 22, 2012, 01:26 AM
Hey, the dragon is a decently challenging boss. I find him more difficult than the new mecha spider boss. MAINLY BECAUSE HE HAS THIS STUPID (seemingly unavoidable) attack where he flies up in the sky after he burrows like three times and appears with golden armor, and frikking tactical nukes the map.

how do you prevent/dodge/block/counter this?!

BIG OLAF
Apr 22, 2012, 01:28 AM
Smash the crystal on his tail. That will make him fall over for a minute. Then go to work on his horn (the one on his nose).

As for dodging attacks, step/roll/teleport constantly when he's thrashing around. If you don't think you can get away in time, guard.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 22, 2012, 01:30 AM
um....as a ranger I didn't have much issue when it came to gettin hit and even in those times where he targets me and does that jump move....you can tell he's going to do it... and evading out the way you shouldn't get hit...

As for hunter I'd assume the same concept could apply but I figured since being front line you'd get hit at some point.

Clessy
Apr 22, 2012, 01:30 AM
Is the volcano boss a "dragon" Cause I want my damn Dragon like pso / psu deragan where is that?

BIG OLAF
Apr 22, 2012, 01:33 AM
Is the volcano boss a "dragon" Cause I want my damn Dragon like pso / psu deragan where is that?

Vol Dragon is the last boss of the 'Volcanic Caves Exploration' mission. He's a giant dragon, obviously.

Azazel7108
Apr 22, 2012, 01:34 AM
Vol Dragon is the last boss of the 'Volcanic Caves Exploration' mission. He's a giant dragon, obviously.

i think he this person wanted to know how to get to this boss more then if it was a dragon.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 22, 2012, 01:36 AM
Smash the crystal on his tail. That will make him fall over for a minute. Then go to work on his horn (the one on his nose).

As for dodging attacks, step/roll/teleport constantly when he's thrashing around. If you don't think you can get away in time, guard.

People keep talking about getting horns from him? do you get anything if you break it off?

BIG OLAF
Apr 22, 2012, 01:36 AM
i think he this person wanted to know how to get to this boss more then if it was a dragon.

Oh, 'where' is it. I see.

You have to do Koffie's client orders regarding the Caves once you unlock the area. From there, you'll unlock the field mission.

People keep talking about getting horns from him? do you get anything if you break it off?

Couldn't tell you about a horn specifically. But, according to a bit of info from a long time ago: breaking off parts of bosses' bodies gives you the potential for better drops upon its defeat. I'm guessing that still applies.

Clessy
Apr 22, 2012, 01:37 AM
Bingo. The only reason I got to volcano is I joined some random room that was volcano and after playing with them it unlocked for me. But then i've beat it like 3 times and it hasnt unlocked any futher missions in volcano. I want the damn city stage too and my mag and all that stuff im missing :(

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 22, 2012, 01:40 AM
Bingo. The only reason I got to volcano is I joined some random room that was volcano and after playing with them it unlocked for me. But then i've beat it like 3 times and it hasnt unlocked any futher missions in volcano. I want the damn city stage too and my mag and all that stuff im missing :(

pretty sure city stage is only available during those special times where the announcement goes off.

also on breakoffs, I heard you can break off the mecha spider legs? do you just wail at them and does this increase drops as well?

foreignreign
Apr 22, 2012, 01:47 AM
Couldn't tell you about a horn specifically. But, according to a bit of info from a long time ago: breaking off parts of bosses' bodies gives you the potential for better drops upon its defeat. I'm guessing that still applies.

Interesting.

I'll have to solo Calderan or w/e its name is more then, since it was pretty easy for me to break its tail, even though I wasn't aiming for that.

Reia
Apr 22, 2012, 01:57 AM
I see many hunters getting pwned by the dragon because they think they are too manly to block!

Ark22
Apr 22, 2012, 01:58 AM
This is why you do....dodge....hit...dodge. See already know how to kill it. Honestly just watch out for it's charge attack and when it drops, those two take a crap ton of damage, also when it flies high in the air move behind it''s back.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 22, 2012, 02:20 AM
I see many hunters getting pwned by the dragon because they think they are too manly to block!

can you block his SPIRIT BOMBBBB? i am serious though. if you can block it i'll lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKpDJNshjZY

Reia
Apr 22, 2012, 02:27 AM
can you block his SPIRIT BOMBBBB? i am serious though. if you can block it i'll lol.

This is why I have problems dealing with you guys lol. You always come with some funny unrelated reply xD. "Does failgrind make item explode? - No! It makes YOUR *** explode!"

This is why you do....dodge....hit...dodge. See already know how to kill it. Honestly just watch out for it's charge attack and when it drops, those two take a crap ton of damage, also when it flies high in the air move behind it''s back.

What about the time you waste in escaping or canceling your attack phase just because you think on spacing. Perfect blocking and keep attacking, you also can follow up a Critical Hit Photon Art if you add "Just Counter" after a block.

Alenoir
Apr 22, 2012, 02:33 AM
also on breakoffs, I heard you can break off the mecha spider legs? do you just wail at them and does this increase drops as well?

Dark Ragne goes down when you break one of its legs, and then you can jump onto its back and attack the back of its head. That's its weak spot.

Reia
Apr 22, 2012, 02:35 AM
The Legs don't regenerate like the Dragon's Tailspike thing. That mean it limits it to 4 times drops, but at same time it expose a weak hitbox on the leg itself, allowing you to full melee damage on the broken leg parts. I'm not sure if it works same for bullets.

Ark22
Apr 22, 2012, 02:37 AM
This is why I have problems dealing with you guys lol. You always come with some funny unrelated reply xD. "Does failgrind make item explode? - No! It makes YOUR *** explode!"

What about the time you waste in escaping or canceling your attack phase just because you think on spacing. Perfect blocking and keep attacking, you also can follow up a Critical Hit Photon Art if you add "Just Counter" after a block.

Lol he asked for tips on how to kill it. He isn't trying to speed run it seeing you don't get a reward for killing it faster. But yeah you can do all that do but by the time you perfect block or try to you can easily get out of it's way, kick it if you are a hunter then go into a Just Attack then a critical photon. Only time you should block is if you are about to get hit by an op attack you don't have enough time to dodge.

Above all, just kill it and don't die.

Reia
Apr 22, 2012, 02:39 AM
I'm not a speedrunner, just using a tip from a PSO Veteran named Kireek. That his tip was, The faster your opponent dies, the better chances of survival you have. You learn this badly when you fight Dark Falz lol.

Ark22
Apr 22, 2012, 02:43 AM
Lol, talking to a guy that beat Dark Falz with a Force at level 103 on ult solo. AFter 45 minutes of fighting and 5+ scape dolls I beat it. Not to brag but just to show you don't need to be an elitists just to be good. Got to Olga Flow on Ult but always died when the rocks fell from the ceiling, then data got corrupted and never beaten him on ult solo :'(/

And yes you should always resta dodge after DF hits you with grants so you could avoid the sword swipe.

BUT BESIDES THAT, trying to kill something fast will just make you worse, gotta start slow, so him learning to dodge and basic patterns he will be good. Plus doesn't Just Guard suck now?

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 22, 2012, 02:51 AM
This game doesn't have much of a "kill them quickly or you'll die" so I don't stress killing quickly unless the mission is timed :/

The free field missions isn't timed nor do I believe there is a quest associate so it's all good.

I have to say so far the Free Field caves is my favorite mission so far.
Twice in one run we had

Emergency code happen back to back a the same time

First was Elimination with the dragon humanoid things then literally seconds later
Duel occurred where the dragon came out of the ground...

After both was finished....something called a "Change Over Code" happened and another dragon popped up.

In that mission something was always happening....

When we redid the mission couple of times we saw a Change over Code but not eh consecutive emergency so must be a rare occurrence

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 22, 2012, 03:04 AM
[QUOTE=Reia;2741181]This is why I have problems dealing with you guys lol. You always come with some funny unrelated reply xD. "Does failgrind make item explode? - No! It makes YOUR *** explode!"

no man dude it was related i was serious

can you block the dragon's fly in the air and shoot the ground with a huge explosion fireball attack (spirit bomb)

because it honestly seems unblockable to me.

Ark22
Apr 22, 2012, 03:05 AM
[QUOTE=Reia;2741181]This is why I have problems dealing with you guys lol. You always come with some funny unrelated reply xD. "Does failgrind make item explode? - No! It makes YOUR *** explode!"

no man dude it was related i was serious

can you block the dragon's fly in the air and shoot the ground with a huge explosion fireball attack (spirit bomb)

because it honestly seems unblockable to me.

Unless you are trying to look that that show off who likes to P.block the meteor in PSP2, by all means get out of the way xD Not point in blocking it when you have more than enough time to run away.

Eggobandit
Apr 22, 2012, 03:47 AM
That move obviously is meant to be dodged. I haven't seen anyone get hit with that fireball and actually survive.

Neith
Apr 22, 2012, 07:44 AM

Do you mean Dark Ragne? If so, doing enough damage to his legs makes him collapse for a bit (so you can hit his face).