PDA

View Full Version : Multi Party Area 3rd Arks Quest (5-6 attempts later)

NamelessElement
Apr 22, 2012, 05:31 AM
It seems everytime I go into the multiparty area, whether it be 5 seconds or 5 minutes my client randomly bugs out.

Every

single

time

I do this quest. And it always happens after I get to the multiparty area.

Is anyone else having this problem? I have tried doing it solo and in a party poor results each time, it's prohibiting me from completing the quest :\

Suggestions?

lostinseganet
Apr 22, 2012, 06:20 AM
Reinstall direct x / lower your settings.

ryoko227
Apr 22, 2012, 08:32 AM
I am having the same issue as yourself, though it doesn't seem to be at random.

In my case these are the symptoms (please keep in mind that the game runs fine with no issues in any other area)

After I enter a mutliparty area, and ONLY in a multiparty area, it seems that when a chat pop-up occurs (whether it be another player, an NPC chat bubble, a random mission, or sometimes even a clickable message) the screen goes black, then comes back on. It will do this maybe 3-4 times then lock up the entire computer requiring a hard restart.

I was only able to make it past mission 1-3 because lucky no other party entered and I never got a pop-up mission. However, 1-4 I've tried about 5 times and haven't been so lucky...

Update:

Wanted to give an update on how I fixed my issue...

My directx was up to date so I moved onto my video drivers.

Having had Dell drivers installed.... ^^; I had the "latest" drivers for my onboard video.

However, after checking the Intel website those drivers were almost 2 years old ><. I had to uninstall the Dell drivers so that I could install the newest Intel drivers (installer would dump out otherwise stating incompatibility).

Result - Not only did that fix the in game issue (no more crashes in multiparty rooms) but my display is NOTICEABLY crisper, cleaner and faster at the same 1600x900 res.

I appreciate the advice, and thanks for helping with the fix ^_^

NamelessElement
Apr 24, 2012, 01:26 AM
Thanks for the help it actually worked!!