PDA

View Full Version : are the beasts in PSO2?

Die905
Apr 22, 2012, 03:08 PM
all i see are Human, Casts, and Newmen i looked on the web page and it no shows beasts are thay not going to be in it?

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 22, 2012, 03:12 PM
IDK officially about that. but seein that it's PSO I'm not 100%

I did however recall a thread awhile back someone looked deep into the files of the game found a file for....i forgot the proper name for them but the race you saw in the PSP series games that was infected by the seed. Now whether it'll be an available race idk....

SELENNA
Apr 22, 2012, 03:12 PM
No one likes beasts.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 22, 2012, 03:15 PM
No one likes beasts.

I like beast :( but i wasn't expecting beast to be in this game though

Pillan
Apr 22, 2012, 03:17 PM
all i see are Human, Casts, and Newmen i looked on the web page and it no shows beasts are thay not going to be in it?

To answer the question directly, there are no other races included in PSO2 at the release besides the three from PSO. However, this does not mean that additional races will not be added in updates around a year later.

ashley50
Apr 22, 2012, 03:27 PM
The Beasts were left in their cages and never to be seen again :E

Besides, "Beasts" were just an addition to PSU, and they were NOT in PSO at all.
So WHY should they be in it?

Cows
Apr 22, 2012, 03:33 PM
No, but there's a slight chance that they'll be added later on after the game releases.

White
Apr 22, 2012, 03:40 PM
Beasts dont belong! They are overpowered. They will be adding a race known as the Dumans which are seed-infected humans that have great attack and tech power, but horrible defensive stats.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 22, 2012, 03:44 PM
Seeing that neither beast or duman where in the PSO series and there was findings that there was a duman file within the game....doesn't mean they "couldn't" put beast in the game...

But all in all there's no point in speculating right now....let's just enjoy the beta and worry about "possible new stuff" at a later time :)

HeartBreak301
Apr 22, 2012, 04:18 PM
Keep the three original races and be done with it. Don't need any furry/goth/emo fanservice. Besides, cast supremacy.

ashley50
Apr 22, 2012, 04:50 PM
Keep the three original races and be done with it. Don't need any furry/goth/emo fanservice. Besides, cast supremacy.
well said.

PKS
Apr 22, 2012, 05:11 PM
I say good riddance. Never liked seeing those things around.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 22, 2012, 05:11 PM
If it means anything you can technically make all 3 of those with the races already available lol

White
Apr 22, 2012, 06:29 PM
Soon...soon the newmans will take over...

FenixStryk
Apr 22, 2012, 06:41 PM
Soon...soon the newmans will take over...Soon? FOnewearl is already Master Race. :lol:

Beasts were novel, but I think we have enough races for now. Newearls, Caseals and Casts all have their fortes, and Humans will be hanging out with Newms doing what they do.

Rei-San
Apr 22, 2012, 08:21 PM
I want beasts. I don't care about any other race. I WANT BEASTS.

But yes someone datamined the game and found files for beasts and dewmans being in the game... So yeah there's hope.

BlueCast Boy
Apr 22, 2012, 08:43 PM
Thou the three races are already good enough, Would'nt mind seeing a new race like beast come to PSO2...

Wayu
Apr 22, 2012, 09:34 PM
Well, there was talk how the PSO world and the PSU world were connected somehow. Specifics are hazy but who knows?

-Wayu

Angelo
Apr 22, 2012, 09:36 PM
There were traces of Dewmans found as early as the alpha client and a single trace of Beasts found in the beta client.

No official confirmations though.

goldwing
Apr 23, 2012, 12:34 AM
i see alot of hate towerds beasts

Kimil Adrayne
Apr 23, 2012, 12:38 AM
I miss beasts, my main was one in PSU. Screw the space elves and tin cans, I want the cat folk back.

If they did include Dumans, I'd want them to be like Pollux from PSO Ep 3, instead of spanish pirates.
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k167/halohalox/ep3/Snap151.jpg
http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k167/halohalox/ep3/Snap150.jpg

foreignreign
Apr 23, 2012, 12:39 AM
i see alot of hate towerds beasts

Clearly, they are racist.

goldwing
Apr 23, 2012, 12:42 AM
Clearly, they are racist.
lol yea well put

HeartBreak301
Apr 23, 2012, 01:45 AM
I think it's mostly that as far as PSO goes, we did just fine without them. If this was a continuation of the Universe games, by all means add them.

If it isn't broke, don't fix it.

Die905
Apr 23, 2012, 09:34 AM
Oh well i guess i got to wait and see well ty you all :D *hug*

Reia
Apr 23, 2012, 11:28 AM
Well from what I seen in the files about both the PSPo2i rip and this is that in PSPo2 the files are named as Duman and here as Dewman. So I guess the Dewmans are more of a Newman Variant. Like Neifirst was a variant from the Numans in PS II.

Ark22
Apr 23, 2012, 11:37 AM
The only thing I would consider is how the balancing would work.

I mean the Dewmans would be glass cannons like the other game.

But Beasts would just overlap Newmans again in EVA but excel in strength making them pretty beast.

•Col•
Apr 23, 2012, 11:47 AM
The only thing I would consider is how the balancing would work.

I mean the Dewmans would be glass cannons like the other game.

But Beasts would just overlap Newmans again in EVA but excel in strength making them pretty beast.

The balancing is already screwed up because of the Dewmans. They could make Beasts work.

Honestly, I just wish they would've made Dewmans/Beasts into one race. Make them more animalistic/monster-ish. Something like Kimil Adrayne posted. I think they could do it. Just give us "parts" like Casts, where we can slap on mutated arms/legs if you so desire.

Ark22
Apr 23, 2012, 11:50 AM
We still need a glass cannon class that will actually take skill to use. That Idea could work Col aid.