PDA

View Full Version : CB Community Video Project. Give yourselves a round of applause!

Freshellent
Apr 22, 2012, 06:37 PM
EDIT: I KEEPS IT REAL. No, really. Check the latest post from myself to get filled in. You guys rock.

So after realizing that the addiction of Phantasy Star has never truly left my blood, I felt really compelled to ask a few old friends if they felt the same way. The answer was more or less in agreement, that yes, this is going a good direction, cash shop be damned, this really is a sequel to Phantasy Star that our gamer souls have pined so many years for.

That being said, I've decided I would do my best to contribute to the community and to the addiction but doing a side video project to go with my usual GW2 ones. Everyone's been uploading their awesome playthroughs of the game for ones that can't participate in the betas themselves, but I think I'd like to make something for the ones that DID get a chance to play and for us to look back at and laugh once it's been release and we can compare the changes. Even if you didn't get a chance to play, you can proudly show your horrified friends how we are so they can be jealous and or make mental notes to avoid us at all costs.

The PS community is truly unlike anything else out there, I can really say I've never come across people like yourselves and having played quite a few games and been part of quite a few more communities I always find myself coming back here.

I realize, some of you might be going "Uh, okay? Who the fux are you?" I don't place myself in any sort of importance, I'm just a fan, like you. I love this series and I like what we have here and have always remained faithful to this series and all it's changes. In a lot of cases, it's been a forgive and forget process with how crazy it was over the years, and I look forward to many more years of wonderful memories.

SO! What does that mean you ask? Well, I'm going to be recording as much footage of the game as possible. I'll be jumping into public parties or asking for specific teams to records all sorts of things for a quick, enjoyable video that I'll hopefully have edited and uploaded sometime later this month. I'd say sooner, but being that GW2 beta is around the corner, I'm somewhat obligated to a number of people to deliver. Regardless, I'll be putting together what is essentially a video about us, doing what we do best. ( No, not enjoying ourselves THAT way you sick- )

If you would like to contribute to the project send me a PM, as I'd like some of it to be a surprise. I'm fine with a discussion about the whole thing here, but don't give away everything! I already have quite a bit in mind on what I'd like to show and a song already picked, but I'm open to ideas.

If you want to be in the video specifically, hit me up! I'll do my best to work everyone that wants to be in there somehow. I'm sure I can count on Ryuki for getting people together for pictures, since that's sort of his old job anyway.

If you see me in the lobbies or in the maps, just act natural, it's better that way. Besides, you never know what will actually make it to the video and what you've planned that will just get cut out anyway.

Eitherway! I look forward to it folks, show me what you've got!

Added a screen of my character so peeps recognize me in game:

Einhartic
http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x363/ImperfectBlock/Phantasy%20Star%20Online%202%20Characters/Einhart8.png http://i1178.photobucket.com/albums/x363/ImperfectBlock/Phantasy%20Star%20Online%202%20Characters/freshellent.png

CelestialBlade
Apr 22, 2012, 07:39 PM
Very much down with this, would be a great way to display the passion western gamers still have for Phantasy Star.

DayDreamer
Apr 22, 2012, 07:53 PM
Im all in!
Time to show some Pso Love~

Freshellent
Apr 23, 2012, 12:52 AM
I'll be on tomorrow collecting footage. It looks like most of it will have to come from Thursday, we'll see though.

BIG OLAF
Apr 23, 2012, 12:56 AM
I try not to miss any opportunity to ham it up on-screen. I'd like to participate somehow.

If there's anywhere specific you'd like potential participants to meet, let me know. Everyone should already know who I am in-game.

Ryoten
Apr 23, 2012, 12:57 AM
I'll be there. I might be lounging on the floor while everyone dancing & me getting teabagged by Daft....>.<

Freshellent
Apr 23, 2012, 12:58 AM
Don't think we're formally met, Olaf. Somehow, you always come up in conversation. I'll be sure to get you in there!

BIG OLAF
Apr 23, 2012, 01:03 AM
Don't think we're formally met, Olaf. Somehow, you always come up in conversation. I'll be sure to get you in there!

...I always come up in conversation? That's news to me. Hope it's not 'bad' conversation..:-o

But, this would be fun to have a hand in. I love doing extracurricular activities for games I enjoy.

Dragwind
Apr 23, 2012, 01:03 AM
As we've done in the past, you know I'm always up for community projects like this. Count me in.

P.S. Loving the CAST monocle. Monocles forever. ;D

DayDreamer
Apr 23, 2012, 01:05 AM
How exactly is this going to work by the way?

Are we going to meet on a specific block? Area? Place? Time?
So many questions Q~Q *rocks back and forth with bottle*

Rizen
Apr 23, 2012, 01:08 AM
Kinda reminds me of the meet and greets we did a long time ago....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7_Kqvj2GMk

Good times...I'm down!

LeoTheFabulous
Apr 23, 2012, 01:11 AM
Fantabulous idea, would love to get involved with this!

Freshellent
Apr 23, 2012, 01:14 AM
How exactly is this going to work by the way?

Are we going to meet on a specific block? Area? Place? Time?
So many questions Q~Q *rocks back and forth with bottle*

Uh, it looks like Thursday will be the big "push" from me as it were, since that's the only time I'll have left. But I'd like this more or less to just play itself out. Too much planning and it will definitely lose it's charm. Like Dragwind said, we've been doing this for a long time.

It'll be fine, just be yourselves and if you want, spread the word around. Chances are, I'll be the in lobby mostly tomorrow talking to people in general. So many new faces among the old, nice to see it again.

Rizen has the right idea, it's part of where it came from.

DayDreamer
Apr 23, 2012, 01:17 AM
But I'd like this more or less to just play itself out.

Oh its going to be like that,
I thought you were arranging a "planed event"
Thanks for clearing that up.

ashley50
Apr 23, 2012, 01:18 AM
I'll check this closely to know when the actual meet will take place.

Freshellent
Apr 23, 2012, 01:23 AM
Oh its going to be like that,
I thought you were arranging a "planed event"
Thanks for clearing that up.

The trick is, if you plan it out, everyone bitches about the time and the place and who can make it and who can't. I'll be on the next few days here and there, so just send me a PM if you REALLY want to be in and we'll try to find a way to work it out. The middle ground is REALLY hard to get to with this sorta thing. So I'd rather just play it safe and let it rock.

Mind you, the video won't be longer than five minutes I think. I tend to make most vids shorter if I can help it, peeps don't like to sit through ones that are too long.

DayDreamer
Apr 23, 2012, 01:26 AM
Lol, Im not gonna bother hunting you down xD
That ruins the fun :3
At least for the type of gathering your going for.

Freshellent
Apr 23, 2012, 01:27 AM
Lol, Im not gonna bother hunting you down xD
That ruins the fun :3
At least for the type of gathering your going for.

It'll make sense with time, don't worry haha.

Meena09
Apr 23, 2012, 01:33 AM
I believe that's what the Aim of this game was. There's so many things within the game that scream PSO. It was a brilliant idea to base this game on such a nostalgic theme. it's a true sequel and not just a rehash of a previous game.

Freshellent
Apr 23, 2012, 11:14 AM
Bumpicus Maximus. I'll be jumpin' on in a little.

xBladeM6x
Apr 23, 2012, 12:11 PM
I'd love to have a chance at this. :D

Griffin
Apr 23, 2012, 12:23 PM
I don't know if you stated or not, but what video program will you be using? I'm an avid user of Sony Vegas Pro.

Freshellent
Apr 23, 2012, 02:00 PM
FRAPs, the usual. I'll be using Sony to edit as well, I might even hit you up for some advice, considering I'm terrible at editing. Need the practice though! Got some decent footage of RA and some shenanigans.

Griffin
Apr 23, 2012, 02:13 PM
I'll tell ya whatever you need to know!

MysticBruin
Apr 23, 2012, 02:27 PM
Sounds fun! Hope we run into each other.

Freshellent
Apr 23, 2012, 03:18 PM
With the way it's looking, I might make Thursday an official meet up. There's a lot more interest than I realized and a few bits of footage I want to collect anyway. I know what I said before, but eh. Maybe it won't be as bad this time around, we'll see.

Ce'Nedra
Apr 23, 2012, 04:01 PM
You gonna use some of the footage of the game we had earlier with the rockbears? :D

Freshellent
Apr 23, 2012, 04:50 PM
You gonna use some of the footage of the game we had earlier with the rockbears? :D

Of course! I got quite a few nice clips from that.

Ce'Nedra
Apr 23, 2012, 05:29 PM
Nice, looking forward to the end result ^_^

ShadowsCrush
Apr 23, 2012, 05:34 PM
I hope this turns out really well, and moreso, I think you should include a petition with it and send it to SEGA to make sure they do bring this game to NA/Inter in a timely fashion and don't think we're a waste of time XD

Freshellent
Apr 23, 2012, 05:51 PM
I sorta get the feeling that if we DID send video it would justify the belief that we ARE a waste of time, hahah.

Freshellent
Apr 24, 2012, 02:05 AM
Another bump. If any FOs out there want to team up for some filming tomorrow that would be excellent, I need peeps with good techs and a love for the class, lemme know! I need stuff to explode, that isn't a buncha RAs with launchers, I have too much of that now.

BIG OLAF
Apr 24, 2012, 02:09 AM
Of course! I got quite a few nice clips from that.

Oh, I didn't even realize you were recording when we played earlier. You probably said something about it, but I was most likely taking pictures and not paying attention ^^;.

It'll be fun to see what you include.

Freshellent
Apr 24, 2012, 02:18 AM
Oh, I didn't even realize you were recording when we played earlier. You probably said something about it, but I was most likely taking pictures and not paying attention ^^;.

It'll be fun to see what you include.

I'll have quite a few surprises for everyone if all goes well.

Keep in mind, Thursday will likely become the big get together day, I'll need a lot of group footage, so if you can make it and spread the word, help a brother out will ya?

CelestialBlade
Apr 24, 2012, 06:05 AM
We had a good run yesterday, nothing special but hopefully you got something out of it. Can't wait for Thursday, hope it's in the late afternoon/evening so I can make it.

Kinaya
Apr 24, 2012, 06:20 AM
I'll have quite a few surprises for everyone if all goes well.

Keep in mind, Thursday will likely become the big get together day, I'll need a lot of group footage, so if you can make it and spread the word, help a brother out will ya?

Can u tell me a time? I live in Germany so i have a different time zone then the other

Freshellent
Apr 24, 2012, 04:48 PM
Uppercut bumps, need dancers!

PALRAPPYS
Apr 24, 2012, 05:10 PM
I'll probably come by tomorrow and Thursday. I saw you in the lobby earlier. Not sure if that was when I was dancing or not though.

Also I do play force so I wouldn't mind joining up with you at some point.

jmanx
Apr 24, 2012, 10:52 PM
I am down for this

Freshellent
Apr 24, 2012, 11:05 PM
replied to PMs, keep an eye out for Thursday guys!

Syl
Apr 25, 2012, 12:15 AM
I technically don't have clinic on Thursday, going to see if I can get the day off. If not, I pray this is in the afternoon.

BIG OLAF
Apr 25, 2012, 01:11 AM
OOH, DANCERS NEEDED?

I'll gladly partake now. Just give me a timeframe.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 25, 2012, 01:57 AM
how can i not dance in this

i will most definitely be there.

Blackheart521
Apr 25, 2012, 03:35 AM
Definitely will be there, gotta have mass tomfooleries while the beta is still going, might even sport my rappy suit ^^

CelestialBlade
Apr 25, 2012, 04:36 AM
I pray this is in the afternoon.
^ What the Caseal said. Really looking forward to this, I should be available between probably 3:30 and 11:30pm tomorrow, barring work schedule changes.

Jewcrush
Apr 25, 2012, 07:48 AM
Oh boy! I've been known to cut a few rugs if you still need dancers! (>^_-)>* Jump on it or die!

Khasar
Apr 25, 2012, 08:34 AM
I will join although I am on ship03 I will make a new toon and join in :D

Freshellent
Apr 25, 2012, 09:27 PM
Dates added

Alpha2090
Apr 25, 2012, 10:48 PM
Greetings Icespike. This is Ryark Valdis from PSO2 Beta Test. I actually forgot I had this account given how long its been since I last used it. That aside however, I look forward to your posting of our adventures in the caves.

Freshellent
Apr 25, 2012, 11:04 PM
Oh yeah! Hey dood. Yeah, was a good run, until I ran out of HDD space.

Hopefully I can be on later tomorrow and everyone else as well, I won't be on Friday, I have prior engagements. Keepin my fingers crossed!

Freshellent
Apr 26, 2012, 11:56 AM
Alright, tonite is the last night to get this stuff done. I still need more Lobby antics, dancers and the rest of it. Specifically RAs and FOs for missions this time, please.

See you guys tonite, about 10PM EST

(If my internet is working, and if the servers are even up)

BIG OLAF
Apr 26, 2012, 01:48 PM
10PM EST? Okay, I'll be there.

CelestialBlade
Apr 26, 2012, 03:58 PM
Same.

Griffin
Apr 26, 2012, 04:04 PM
10PM EST? Okay, I'll be there.

ME TOO

PALRAPPYS
Apr 26, 2012, 07:06 PM
2 hours until!

Freshellent
Apr 26, 2012, 08:57 PM
Be on in a few minutes guys, see you soon

CelestialBlade
Apr 26, 2012, 10:17 PM
Had an AWESOME turnout, think we helped make a pretty epic video! Was tons of fun and I think we represented the community well.

Kazzi
Apr 26, 2012, 10:17 PM
You guys were amazing! Thanks for such a great time!

Griffin
Apr 26, 2012, 10:19 PM
This was fun. Got to meet more PSOW heads as well.

goldwing
Apr 26, 2012, 10:26 PM
this was awesomesause at its best had fun guys XD

Itoshi
Apr 26, 2012, 10:33 PM
Aw man, is it over? I'm only able to jump on now.

Ash1ey
Apr 26, 2012, 10:35 PM
Tonight was so fun and nostalgic of the old PSU meet ups we used to have. Really loved it, and looking forward to whats to come!

A toast, towards the future!

Griffin
Apr 26, 2012, 10:36 PM
This is actually the first PS game that I'll grow with as far as community. Feels good.

goldwing
Apr 26, 2012, 10:48 PM
This is actually the first PS game that I'll grow with as far as community. Feels good.

It is exciteing. Im looking fowerd to it

Dragwind
Apr 26, 2012, 11:04 PM
It was nice to see more familiar faces. Great job guys!

goldwing
Apr 26, 2012, 11:25 PM
It was nice to see more familiar faces. Great job guys!

I hope to let u no im ur number one fan... lol jk what name did u use i like putting chars to psowers

BIG OLAF
Apr 26, 2012, 11:34 PM
Here's a picture I took of the club dancing (Blue Club is best!). Sorry I couldn't get everyone in the picture; space was tight!

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/PZsCM.jpg[/spoiler-box]

I love everyone in my Phantasy Star family very much! Thanks, everyone!

:beer:

Dragwind
Apr 26, 2012, 11:44 PM
I was the big blue FOcast, Dhagrath. It was certainly a good time, even though I arrived really late :wacko:

Enforcer MKV
Apr 26, 2012, 11:47 PM
So this is over? Dang it, internet is giving me trouble. I wanted to take part in this.

Ash1ey
Apr 27, 2012, 12:00 AM
I was the big blue FOcast, Dhagrath. It was certainly a good time, even though I arrived really late :wacko:

haha, I wish I knew that was you, I woulda given y ou my card and said hey!

goldwing
Apr 27, 2012, 12:15 AM

O o o the one on the counter. The one i called my big blue trash can??? I so didnt know that if so how cool is that!!! If it was u lol

Freshellent
Apr 27, 2012, 12:16 AM
I just got my internet working again, I'm quite lucky I was able to do even that much.

Just wanna give some big ups to the PSO-W community, all the people that came out, thank you so much. Each of you was really awesome to meet and I hope I wasn't too much trouble. It's been a while since I worked with so many at once, my connection was having some pretty hard times. Your patience was really appreciated and I hope I can produce a video worthy of being shown to your friends in the future.

Things to note: I also do a lot of work for the GW2 community, the Beta Weekend Event is going on very soon, so I will be doing my best to provide them with content on that as well. Rest assured, my true love will always be Phantasy Star, but I can't help but look at her really hot fantasy cousin.

So what does that mean? Well, since I have to edit and cut our video, it's going to take a while if I'm working on two games. Protip: I'm really terrible at editing, but I'll do my best. I might upload a sneak peak of what I have, depends though. I'm actually going to attempt to jump on right now and collect the last bit of video for action stuff. ( I still need RAs)

At the time of this post, I don't think I'll be able to get on PSO2 after tonite, so if you see me and want in, just caps lock at me or something and I'll do my best to remember.

Final thing! If you see yourself in the video OR DONT SEE YOURSELF, leave a message in this thread or PM me and I'll add a note to the youtube description. Feel free to do some shout-outs, in-jokes that won't get us arrested or whatever. Maybe I'll do a ticker line at the bottom of the vid while the whole thing plays. I have no idea, it was a really long day at work today.

Again, thank you so much for the support guys. You're all awesome. I apologize if I missed you, I'm a terrible person and I feel bad.

Till next time!

CelestialBlade
Apr 27, 2012, 04:29 AM
Here's a picture I took of the club dancing (Blue Club is best!). Sorry I couldn't get everyone in the picture; space was tight!

I was going to post a couple of screens but realized that half of your char models hadn't even loaded on my end, so it'd feel like an injustice if I were to post those....but this screen pretty well sums it up, nice shot.

Can't wait to see the finished product!

Blackheart521
Apr 27, 2012, 04:56 AM

Awesome picture, very happy to be a part of this, first time I've been in a PS community online, looking forward to more of these shindigs. ^^

DanteDMC
Apr 27, 2012, 09:08 AM
Wait a sec, I have an account here?!

[Spoiler-BOX] http://i.imgur.com/JBCKk.jpg [/Spoiler-BOX]

[Spoiler-BOX] http://i.imgur.com/JkGgH.jpg [/Spoiler-BOX]

[Spoiler-BOX] http://i.imgur.com/qSSOE.jpg [/Spoiler-BOX]

[Spoiler-BOX] http://i.imgur.com/DK5mn.jpg [/Spoiler-BOX]

Zeota
Apr 27, 2012, 09:09 AM
It's "spoiler-BOX", not just "spoiler".

Still, nice pics.

DanteDMC
Apr 27, 2012, 09:11 AM
Oh god, thank you! xD
Thanks for the compliment. They came out a bit blurry, but that's because we were moving the whole time. Either way, I'm still pretty happy with what little I ended up getting. It was nice hanging out with everyone, too! ^_^

xBladeM6x
Apr 27, 2012, 09:15 AM
I fell asleep like 2 mins before this all went down. I'm sad. :c

jmanx
Apr 27, 2012, 09:26 AM
DOh i totally forgot about it

Kazzi
Apr 27, 2012, 12:58 PM
Ah, all of my screenshots don't have names on either D: you're all just grey people with no names that look identical XD