PDA

View Full Version : Hallow Ragne vs Vibe Vol Dragon, Rare bosses. Video is on 1st page

Ark22
Apr 22, 2012, 07:28 PM
Vash, Epsilion, eclipsXe and myself were in the caves. E separated to find the exit but instead found a Ragne while Vash, Eps and myself found a dragon, as we all ran to each other the two bosses met up and this happened.

Image shack

[SPOILER-BOX]http://img842.imageshack.us/img842/412/bossfight.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/842/bossfight.jpg/)[/SPOILER-BOX]

Photobucket (mostly for Wayu and the other Chinese Proxy server people)

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i739.photobucket.com/albums/xx33/Ark22RD/290c7b1d.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

We killed the boss and Vash will ink me the video to show you how it all unfolds. It was pretty....fucking sweet.

Here is the vid

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LrGYqvvNIU

Oh and this all happened about 10 minutes ago.

james_b
Apr 22, 2012, 07:43 PM
Don't forget the massive lag and how I saved everyone with Jellen :P

Ark22
Apr 22, 2012, 07:51 PM
It wasn't laggy to me but others were lagging, eps lagged out but came back after we killed Dark Ragne.

Ark22
Apr 22, 2012, 09:07 PM
But back on subject, has this happened to anyone else?

Wayu
Apr 22, 2012, 09:10 PM
Ark, can't see the images. Imageshack source? If so, can you put it on Photobucket or something? Thanks.

-Wayu

Omega-z
Apr 22, 2012, 10:00 PM
Oh, One thing too apparently Bosses can be Infested too.

DoubleCannon
Apr 22, 2012, 10:04 PM
Wait what!? 2 bosses at once!? God dam post the video of this now! I must see this!! must watch this on HD on my 24inch screen lmao

Ark22
Apr 22, 2012, 10:05 PM
Oh, One thing too apparently Bosses can be Infested too.

Yeah the hallow corrupted the dragon and it turned purple and EVVIIILL.

At wayu SURE

Arika
Apr 22, 2012, 10:08 PM
Vs ?
Do you mean it actually fight each other?

DoubleCannon
Apr 22, 2012, 10:11 PM
lol is the video still being uploaded? I seriously want to see this so bad

Ark22
Apr 22, 2012, 10:23 PM
Vs ?

Couldn't really tell since there was 8+ people giving damage, but most likely ALSO it corrupted VOL a few times.

james_b
Apr 22, 2012, 10:39 PM
I'm the ranger who was jumping in that pic (Arkman).

The two bosses were not attacking each other.

By corrupting each other, you mean that purple stuff right? If so, that was Jellen Shot from my launcher. It is what made everyone take 1 damage from their attacks. :)

Omega-z
Apr 22, 2012, 10:39 PM
that 's cool it did that so it didn't attack each other so it was the same as it. But I mean infested boosted like the monkey with the red Zit's on the face's, and sometimes brings them back to life.

Vashyron
Apr 22, 2012, 10:48 PM
Yo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LrGYqvvNIU

goombazoid
Apr 22, 2012, 10:49 PM
I'm the ranger who was jumping in that pic (Arkman).

The two bosses were not attacking each other.

By corrupting each other, you mean that purple stuff right? If so, that was Jellen Shot from my launcher. It is what made everyone take 1 damage from their attacks. :)

I love Jellen shot, I have it maxed because its so useful in situations like that.

Also I saw you guys running around in the forest exploration we fought dark ragne together :P

Ark22
Apr 23, 2012, 12:03 AM
Vid is up

Rizen
Apr 23, 2012, 12:06 AM
Vs ?
Well, I wouldn't be surprised. Enemies in Forest attack Darker enemies if they spawn in the same spot. So...why would a Vol Dragon and Dark Ragne fight?

Also, good job guys. Looks like you had a lot of fun.

eharima
Apr 23, 2012, 12:11 AM
Just been doing this with a fue multi partys, its like endless TTF :D great exp

Kraiseson
Apr 23, 2012, 12:21 AM
This is insane.

Demon-
Apr 23, 2012, 12:41 AM
This is insane.

I agree, awesome video.

Ark22
Apr 23, 2012, 01:01 AM
=D VAsh is the best

goldwing
Apr 23, 2012, 01:02 AM
this good sir is one BA fight. one could only wish for something as awesome as that to happen to them... all iv gotten are rock bears with flowers in there heads.... iv got so much more to work towards

Alenoir
Apr 23, 2012, 01:08 AM
But back on subject, has this happened to anyone else?

In the forest. It was the first time I was running that too. Ran into a Dark Ragne when I was Lv10 with my friend, then another different group came in and they triggered two Rock Bears to spawn. :'D

Best run of any quests I've ever had though, that was so much fun.

Drinkmaster
Apr 23, 2012, 01:09 AM
woah awesome stuff there... i want to reach the caves :3

Ark22
Apr 23, 2012, 01:14 AM
In the forest. It was the first time I was running that too. Ran into a Dark Ragne when I was Lv10 with my friend, then another different group came in and they triggered two Rock Bears to spawn. :'D

Best run of any quests I've ever had though, that was so much fun.

IF only you recorded it.

Digital Pain
Apr 23, 2012, 01:17 AM
Awesome video!

DayDreamer
Apr 23, 2012, 01:20 AM
IF only you recorded it.

Is there a shortcut key to record?
I cant seem to find it.

Polantaris
Apr 23, 2012, 01:20 AM
Vs ?

Regular monsters and the Spider things (Don't know their name off hand) fight all the time. I would be disappointed if the same thing didn't happen for bosses.

Seems like the Natural inhabitants of areas, like Dragons, don't like whatever those things are. I've been cut off from areas a few times from barriers and rocks, and then when I finally open the way I see them duking it out a lot.

I actually noticed that if an enemy kills another enemy their EXP seems to combine. I watched a Spider kill one of things things with the breakable horns (Name lapse again, I've always been really bad at names so bare with me). When I killed the Spider, I got something like 43 EXP, up from the normal of 20. I believe the EXP from the monster the spider killed added on to the spider's EXP.

It would be interesting to see if you could get a Cyberdemon Vs Spidermastermind deal going on (DooM, if you don't get the reference).

Alenoir
Apr 23, 2012, 01:23 AM
IF only you recorded it.

Only have screenshots, and not really all that great 'cause I was totally trying to stay alive. :T

Is there a shortcut key to record?
I cant seem to find it.
Feature not implemented. Currently you can only use outside sources such as Fraps.

Freshellent
Apr 23, 2012, 01:26 AM
Only have screenshots, and not really all that great 'cause I was totally trying to stay alive. :T

Feature not implemented. Currently you can only use outside sources such as Fraps.

Yeaaaaaah, I'm having a hard time juggling and screen shotting in this game at the same time. Only because cripes, it's just so much faster than it used to be.

Alenoir
Apr 23, 2012, 01:39 AM
Eh, here's the fail screenshot (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/asamidori/mmorpg/pso2/pso20120421_082826_008.png) of that run of mine. Only got a moment to screenie when Ragne died, so you only get to see the bears. See chat log about clearing the Dark Ragne emergency trial. :x

Just for fun, this happened (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v255/asamidori/mmorpg/pso2/pso20120421_080815_007.png) 20 minutes ago, within the same mission run.

Itoshi
Apr 23, 2012, 01:51 AM
I love this stuff. It's so exciting. Today I was doing a run in Free Field Forest and we got a Code : Duel with a boosted ("infected") Dark Regne. At first it was only three people (Me, this guy Minato and a friend) and we were getting thrashed, my friend spent so much Ark's Cash on Scape Dolls. Eventually other people came in, pretty sure I saw Vash actually (It might have been your NPC). We took it down. Instantly after we took that one down, we got a Cross-over Code : Duel with another boosted Dark Regne. It was brutal. And I loved every second of it.

Vashyron
Apr 23, 2012, 02:10 AM
Don't actually remember that, probably was my NPC. :wacko:

But yeah running into these random and unexpected potentially hard code events is quite neat.

Ark22
Apr 23, 2012, 02:11 AM
=D Well new rule if something badass happens....FUCKING RECORD IT

Polantaris
Apr 23, 2012, 02:31 AM
This wasn't insanely badass, but it was still pretty damn fun:

Encountered an Infected Dark Ragne while leveling as a Hunter. Mid way through I accidentally triggered a Code Attack with those Hive Nest things that spew out Spiders. Was quite intense. I was streaming at the time, so I imported it to Youtube. Felt like it was an hour long fight...turns out it was only 16 minutes.

Apologies in advance for the buzz in the background, no one on my stream told me it was there so I didn't know about it and I don't feel like adding some ill-placed music into the video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs80nvnfXFc"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs80nvnfXFc

Ark22
Apr 23, 2012, 11:07 AM
That's pretty beast =D

Xeno88
Apr 23, 2012, 04:15 PM
Whoeve came up with the codes with random bosses needs a raise.

Ce'Nedra
Apr 23, 2012, 04:50 PM

This.

Ark22
Apr 23, 2012, 05:20 PM

You need a job at Sega for thinking that statement.

Ce'Nedra
Apr 24, 2012, 01:03 PM
Fk your 2 bosses, I just fought 4 in a row in a random map party! Posting screens later

Polantaris
Apr 24, 2012, 08:07 PM
I just want to update on my earlier theory:

During a recent Exploration run, I confirmed my theory that the enemies have their own factions (Kind of mentioned in an earlier post, but I don't think I used the word "factions").

I got a Vol Dragon to spawn, during a Code Attack containing the Spiders. I completely ignored the Dragon, as I knew I didn't have a chance with him by myself at my current level (Lv.10 Hunter with no good gear). After killing some of the spawns near me, I checked on where the Dragon was. I saw him jumping on, clawing, and shooting fireballs at the other Spiders spawned nearby. They were fighting each other (Well, not so much fighting, as the Dragon was slaughtering them). The Dragon was NOT attacking the reptile things with the chest horn, or the little lizard guys. They were basically his friends. They were all teaming up on the Spiders.

Essentially, this pretty much proves that the enemies have their own factions. They hate each other, and kill each other if you're not annoying them yourself (Probably some type of aggro system). It's very likely that in the earlier video, if left alone the Dark Ragne and Vol Dragon would have fought each other. Would be really cool to see that happen.

I wanted to record it, but by the time I opened Fraps to start recording, he was pretty much done killing all the Spiders left over before he showed up.

Aiex
Apr 24, 2012, 10:25 PM
I wound up in fight with vol dragon and two Koltags (or whatever the serpent looking things are). I tried to take a video, but it didn't turn out well.

Ark22
Apr 24, 2012, 11:19 PM
Fk your 2 bosses, I just fought 4 in a row in a random map party! Posting screens later

It's not just the fact we fought 2 bosses, it's the fact that they were both rare.

But awesome, I would love to see the screens.

Ce'Nedra
Apr 25, 2012, 05:07 AM
Will do tonight, someone also recorded it. Was nice cause i didnt see any boss yet and now i got 5 in a run.