PDA

View Full Version : Okay PSOW, jump into the campship pool.

Xaeris
Apr 22, 2012, 09:33 PM
Frankly, I'm a little disturbed that we even need to have this conversation, but I'm ever underestimating the folly of men. But I shouldn't be surprised. This is a topic that was heralded by games of old. I should have forseen the schism that would erupt in our gaming population, but alas, I put too much hope in human nature.

You see, I've noticed, with disturbing frequency, that there are people who simply walk into the teleporter pool in the camp ship. I can forgive the youngins in our midst for this blasphemy because they simply don't know better, but there are quite a few adults doing this nonsense. What the hell you guys? Do you just walk into boss doors in Mega Man games too?

You know, it's probably just the excitement in the air and you've all just forgotten yourselves. So, let's just call a mulligan on the past few days. Just...from now on, jump into the campship pool.

Or I'll find you.

r00tabaga
Apr 22, 2012, 09:35 PM
Who does that??? How boring!

Xaeris
Apr 22, 2012, 09:36 PM
I don't know man, it's a crazy world we live in.

Angelo
Apr 22, 2012, 09:37 PM
Jump, slash, slash, Rising PA, slash, slash, fall in.

FOkyasuta
Apr 22, 2012, 09:38 PM
cuz walking is so AUW.

Nitro Vordex
Apr 22, 2012, 09:54 PM
You see, I've noticed, with disturbing frequency, that there are people who simply walk into the teleporter pool in the camp ship. I can forgive the youngins in our midst for this blasphemy because they simply don't know better, but there are quite a few adults doing this nonsense. What the hell you guys? Do you just walk into boss doors in Mega Man games too?

You know, it's probably just the excitement in the air and you've all just forgotten yourselves. So, let's just call a mulligan on the past few days. Just...from now on, jump into the campship pool.

Or I'll find you.
You're awesome.

I used to try to jump dash into the door so that it looked like X put his dukes up as he went through the door. Ah I miss that game.

Alt+Backspace for good flips. :wacko:

ClothoBuer
Apr 22, 2012, 10:02 PM
If you're walking into the pool, you deserved to be flogged to death and have your corpse put on display. SEGA should place an invisible obstacle right at the edge so you HAVE to jump in.

Ark22
Apr 22, 2012, 10:04 PM
Jump, thrillplosion in

Rizen
Apr 22, 2012, 10:14 PM
I do my traditional Dive Roll with my Launcher.

Awesome post of awesome btw...lol

Clessy
Apr 22, 2012, 10:19 PM
Stfu who cares. This better be a joke thread.

terrell707
Apr 22, 2012, 10:21 PM

It's not. :p

Xaeris
Apr 22, 2012, 10:22 PM

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/XLauncher/Memes/BRTky.jpg

Randomness
Apr 22, 2012, 10:22 PM
I always do a double mirage to tag the far side.

FenixStryk
Apr 22, 2012, 10:25 PM
Oh wow, what? People just walk into the pool? I've been jump-Mirage dashing in this whole time!

For shame!

RocSage
Apr 22, 2012, 10:31 PM
edit because i'm sleepy and misread;

I don't know why but i am always so compelled to jump and not just walk off the rap and into the pool

AzureAsh
Apr 22, 2012, 10:33 PM
Most of the time, I go out of my way to enter with a PA.

If you have the option to do so, why wouldn't you?

Freshellent
Apr 22, 2012, 10:54 PM
And this is the PSO-W I missed.

goombazoid
Apr 22, 2012, 10:55 PM
Any ranger who doesn't ride their launcher into the pool is doing it wrong. End of story!

Enforcer MKV
Apr 22, 2012, 11:17 PM

Stay cool, man. This is just a joke, within a joke.

Oh, and when this finally installs for me, I'm walking in, just to spite you all. XD

REBEL! REBEEEEEEEEEL!!!!

Dinosaur
Apr 22, 2012, 11:18 PM
"Rodeo Launcher" from the middle of the camp ship makes you twirl down the pool

Zorafim
Apr 22, 2012, 11:23 PM
I always slid into the boss doors. So can I, like, slide into the pool? Is there a dashing PA I can use to cannonball into the teleport goop? Can I Jabrogaport?

Griffin
Apr 22, 2012, 11:29 PM
1. Jump
2. Strafe/Dodge Roll/Teleport
3. Profit.

Fayorei
Apr 22, 2012, 11:31 PM
All the cool kids do PAs to get into the pool.:O

Brus
Apr 22, 2012, 11:35 PM
One time I accidentally walked in, and I was so upset with myself that I teleported back to the ship just so I could PA-RollFancy into the pool.

I'm also trademarking the term PA-RollFancy.

youcantcatchtheblue
Apr 22, 2012, 11:41 PM
I like to Rodeo Boost on my launcher when I jump into the pool.

Try it sometime ;)

Ekoi
Apr 23, 2012, 12:04 AM
Use the spinny move with the spear, holding the button down.

Plenty of energy.

HELICOPTER MODE ACTIVATE!

foreignreign
Apr 23, 2012, 12:06 AM
Rave Trick or bust

Wish my keyboard had an agree button.

Whenever I'm on hunter man... that pool is gonna get PIERCED.

LeoTheFabulous
Apr 23, 2012, 12:10 AM
Jump, Ride the launcher in. However do not simply enter, let my spin at the end of the ride slowly take me in.

Fujiko
Apr 23, 2012, 12:13 AM
I usually just jump into the pools of dreams. That or do the fancy force teleport into it.

Honestly, I am really happy they brought back the swirly movable ball in the loading screen. Just wouldn't be PSO without it.

Nurusanura
Apr 23, 2012, 12:13 AM
They should have your character do crazy flips like the opening CG movie xD

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 23, 2012, 12:14 AM
I jump and barrel roll into the pool so it looks my cast is doing a cannon ball with a grenade launcher :P
Think there's only been like 2 times i've ever actually walked into the pool.

Idk about you...but we can jump now and sure to use it when ever possible lol

Just like hop'd my way up stairs

Xaton
Apr 23, 2012, 12:20 AM
I jump and barrel roll into the pool so it looks my cast is doing a cannon ball with a grenade launcher :P
Think there's only been like 2 times i've ever actually walked into the pool.

Idk about you...but we can jump now and sure to use it when ever possible lol

Just like hop'd my way up stairs

oh noes its elderscrolls vivic canton all over again XD if played it youll know morrowind can jump and train acro there XD

Demon-
Apr 23, 2012, 12:22 AM
I always do a jump dash or something into the pool. Just too boring to walk in. I remember watching an alpha video where the person missed the jump and landed on the edge. I was laughing way too hard.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Apr 23, 2012, 12:30 AM
I still need to work on my portal-jumping etiquette so that I know precisely what to do in that situation.

Dragwind
Apr 23, 2012, 12:40 AM
I'm so glad this terrible, terrible, issue has been brought up. It has been destroying the confines of my sanity. Every time I see someone simply walk into the portal, a part of me dies.

Style + execution = that tingly feeling.

One does not simply walk out of the campship.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Apr 23, 2012, 12:44 AM
One does not simply walk out of the campship. This.

goldwing
Apr 23, 2012, 12:47 AM
lol nice addressing there. it was much needed.

Seth Astra
Apr 23, 2012, 12:52 AM
Aye. Those who simply walk into the warp pool must be punished! Unless, you know, it was a mistake and they hit the button too late or something.

goldwing
Apr 23, 2012, 12:55 AM
Aye. Those who simply walk into the warp pool must be punished! Unless, you know, it was a mistake and they hit the button too late or something.

did this happen to you???

BIG OLAF
Apr 23, 2012, 12:58 AM
I usually jump, do a midair dash, and fall in. Nothing too fancy...but I'd never just fall in. That's for lamers.

BBYiffo
Apr 23, 2012, 12:58 AM
A few friends and I in vent timed out jumps together but the last time we did it I mirage back onto the platform and yelled, "Tricked you guys now I don't have to be fancy!"

DayDreamer
Apr 23, 2012, 01:14 AM
I'm walking in, just to spite you all. XD
REBEL! REBEEEEEEEEEL!!!!

BURN HIM ALIVE!http://boards.buffalobills.com/images/smilies/mob.gif

Freshellent
Apr 23, 2012, 01:16 AM
You have not lived, until you've crawled on your stomach into the zone.

Rizen
Apr 23, 2012, 01:19 AM

^This

Randomness
Apr 23, 2012, 10:02 AM

That PA is interesting... I'm curious if it has defensive properties while you crawl.

The damage is nice too... but what do you expect from a PA that has you go sniper style?

Rauten
Apr 23, 2012, 10:15 AM
They should have your character do crazy flips like the opening CG movie xD

This. So much this. Dear god I hope the JP players are requesting this feature. Each character should do an acrobatic flip when going in, and it should be different for each race-gender-class combo. And there should be flipping competitions, too!

One does not simply walk out of the campship.

I can't help but think of that as an anthem.

Hum, I just switched from Force to Ranger, I'll have to try that one out. Thanks for the suggestion.

hewitt
Apr 23, 2012, 10:22 AM
Oh god this thread is just a delight

Ryudo
Apr 23, 2012, 10:23 AM
no no, you need to do the gunslash backflip into the pool

Alenoir
Apr 23, 2012, 10:26 AM
I say all rangers need to ride their launcher into the pool. (I'll throw in the name of that PA when I get home. Maybe a video too. >_> )

Brimcon
Apr 23, 2012, 12:41 PM

Wait, Sniper allows you to crawl?! HOW!!!?

Rauten
Apr 23, 2012, 12:43 PM
Wait, Sniper allows you to crawl?! HOW!!!?

It's an assault rifle PA. If you just press the button, the character lowers to a crawl, shoots and stands up again, but if you keep the button pressed... hijinks ensue

Brimcon
Apr 23, 2012, 12:45 PM
It's an assault rifle PA. If you just press the button, the character lowers to a crawl, shoots and stands up again, but if you keep the button pressed... hijinks ensue

Shenannygins.. Will do so when I get home

Griffin
Apr 23, 2012, 12:50 PM
Only thing is that you can't stop moving while in it. :C

Mystic_Nessly
Apr 23, 2012, 01:14 PM
This thread is hilarious.

I almost always run in. You get to the dungeon fastest. No need to waste time in the air twirling arms and legs. ^^;

Mega Ultra Chicken
Apr 23, 2012, 02:32 PM
This thread is hilarious.

I almost always run in. You get to the dungeon fastest. No need to waste time in the air twirling arms and legs. ^^;

Bu...but... Where's the fun in that?

Cassasauras
Apr 23, 2012, 02:41 PM
I tend to always jump roll into it with mah ranger.

Xaeris
Apr 23, 2012, 02:43 PM
Can't say I'm really crazy about the mod edit to my title.

I'm glad to see that most of you here on PSOW go beyond the bare minimum of jumping into the pool. The unscrupulous elements of our species clearly have no power here.

Lucidia
Apr 23, 2012, 03:13 PM
Throw a card, gifoie on the card, jump through ring of fire.

You can't handle my style.

Taitu
Apr 23, 2012, 04:02 PM
Clearly I have yet to truly master the art of Campship jumping. So far I merely jump in. I still have much to learn.

LK1721
Apr 23, 2012, 04:38 PM
Every time. That or I ride my faithful rocket launcher into battle.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 23, 2012, 04:51 PM
I tried to use that launcher PA where you dash forward with the close range shot but it didn't look right...

IDK how many PAs there are for launcher but I have a good 4 and still can't seem to find the one where you ride on the launcher :/

I found tons of gunblade PAs and i rarely even use gunblade on rnager :/

And wait....you can actually crawl with that rifle PAs?
I found that funny with that PA if you attempt to do it in mid air you automatically faceplant the ground before you shot it off lol

Ce'Nedra
Apr 23, 2012, 05:05 PM
Helicopter partisan is fun as well to get inside. Seems I still have to learn a lot though, mostly I forget to use a pa....pso2 needs a double jump with a backflip.

Ok guys time to add "give us cool intro backflip pool jump" in our feedback when the beta is done.

Aurakon
Apr 23, 2012, 05:12 PM
Rodeo Driver into the pool is simply the best way. Period.

tikigod13
Apr 23, 2012, 05:13 PM
lmao I am not even in the beta but I know exactly what you are talking about and can feel your frustration!

AC9breaker
Apr 23, 2012, 07:09 PM
The topic deserves to be pinned.

therealAERO
Apr 23, 2012, 08:13 PM
How about a splash sound effect or hell if we are really ambitious how about particle effects. Or if we are really really really ambitious how about depending on the execution of your jump that would give you a miniscule stat bonus you get in the mission. Or if we are overly super ambitious how about you get a bonus based on how many players can jump in the pool at the same time. Max being 4 at a time obviously. This of course would be a boost on top of the individual boost which would be based on how you jump, where you jump from, what you do when you jump and how long you stay in the air.

Ce'Nedra
Apr 24, 2012, 09:05 AM
I can already see the expansion for this game

Phantasy Star Online 2: Ambition of the Pooljumper

KaoPyro
Apr 24, 2012, 09:15 AM
If you're walking into the pool, you deserved to be flogged to death and have your corpse put on display. SEGA should place an invisible obstacle right at the edge so you HAVE to jump in.

agreed. jumping must be mandatory.

Kazzi
Apr 26, 2012, 06:17 PM
I say all rangers need to ride their launcher into the pool. (I'll throw in the name of that PA when I get home. Maybe a video too. >_> )

http://www.livestream.com/imdoingitwrong/video?clipId=flv_20ec68dd-ea91-4a10-b779-8935fbf50d35

It is definitely the coolest way to enter the pool.

Cyrusnagisa
Apr 26, 2012, 08:36 PM
cannonball, best way ^.^

Reia
Apr 27, 2012, 03:14 AM
Frankly, I'm a little disturbed that we even need to have this conversation, but I'm ever underestimating the folly of men. But I shouldn't be surprised. This is a topic that was heralded by games of old.

Clearly describes it how is the temper of this kind of people. Anyways I like to Rocket Rodeo to the pool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oh1cxQg7npY

njdss4
Apr 27, 2012, 04:13 AM
I may have missed it if someone else mentioned it, but the best way to go into the campship pool HAS TO BE... Rodeo Drive. Ride that launcher around like a cowboy, then fall into your mission.

bryanbtje
Apr 27, 2012, 04:41 AM
1. Jump
2. Use "Rodeo Drive"
3. ????
4. Profit ^^

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 27, 2012, 04:47 AM
1. Jump
2. Use "Rodeo Drive"
3. ????
4. Profit ^^

I can't find it :/ won't drop for me lol

Xanthias64
Apr 27, 2012, 04:59 AM
Sea-star Fall into the pool, anyone? I bet you could even skate around in the pool goo that that PA kicks up into the little waiting area there... :)

njdss4
Apr 27, 2012, 05:09 AM
I can't find it :/ won't drop for me lol

It's not the most useful skill in the game, but it looks so cool XD

Rauten
Apr 27, 2012, 09:22 AM

I feel it's actually pretty useless in combat, but come on! Any ranger worth his salt HAS to dive in like this.

DanteDMC
Apr 27, 2012, 09:27 AM
*Spear PA; Drills into pool!*

Ark22
Apr 27, 2012, 11:09 AM
*Walks, barely jumps into the pool*

B)

Alenoir
Apr 27, 2012, 11:22 AM

It's kinda nice if you have a buncha stuffs in your way and you need to get to Ragne's other feet to break it. Just RAM INTO THEM! Deal damage and get to your destination faster!

Rauten
Apr 27, 2012, 11:25 AM
It's kinda nice if you have a buncha stuffs in your way and you need to get to Ragne's other feet to break it. Just RAM INTO THEM! Deal damage and get to your destination faster!

Pftt, why walk through them when you can just Divine Launcher them into smithereens? 8-)

Zorafim
Apr 27, 2012, 11:31 AM
I feel sorry for forces. How are they supposed to show off?

Rauten
Apr 27, 2012, 11:34 AM
I feel sorry for forces. How are they supposed to show off?

Someone in this thread made a suggestion along the lines of...
1)Throw a card
2)Gifoie on the card
3)Jump through ring of flames
4)???
5)PROFIT!

And there's always the Mirage dodge.

ciroth
Apr 27, 2012, 12:40 PM
Am i the only ranger that uses sneak attack to crawl into the pool... just to annoy my teammates who feels like you have to jump into it? :P

Other times, i use my Launcher + Pointblank shot. for win =D

Taitu
Apr 27, 2012, 12:42 PM
I recently started to spam the Spear AOE PA to roflcopter my way across the pool.

Vashyron
Apr 27, 2012, 12:43 PM
Twister Fall Partisan PA into the pool. :>