PDA

View Full Version : Cities in PSO2

Finalzone
Apr 22, 2012, 10:39 PM
Seeing those cities makes me wish they should be explorable (other than emergency quest) rather than being a decoration.

PKS
Apr 22, 2012, 11:17 PM
Seeing those cities makes me wish they should be explorable (other than emergency quest) rather than being a decoration.

Could probably happen in the full game.

Randomness
Apr 22, 2012, 11:28 PM

Reminds me of PSO in a way. Remember, Pioneer II was a colony ship, but you never saw anything of the residential areas (Save for distant glimpses)

Fujiko
Apr 23, 2012, 12:09 AM
Reminds me of PSO in a way. Remember, Pioneer II was a colony ship, but you never saw anything of the residential areas (Save for distant glimpses)

You could see a few quick clips of Pioneer 2 city areas in the original PSO dreamcast trailers. Always wished they left them in the game.

NoiseHERO
Apr 23, 2012, 12:11 AM
^I heard they WERE left in the game, but you had to cheat to get to em.

Fujiko
Apr 23, 2012, 12:20 AM
^I heard they WERE left in the game, but you had to cheat to get to em.

That would be really interesting to see then! Off to google!

aozora
Apr 23, 2012, 12:26 AM
With the wall hack it was possible to explore Pioneer II to a degree but the backdrop just extended forever and you never got anywhere. Checking out the Ruins was fun especially the room with the large windows.
http://www.geocities.co.jp/Milkyway-Orion/7478/pso0073.jpg

Dragwind
Apr 23, 2012, 12:52 AM

Actually, when I saw the city buildings in the distance in PSO2 I had that nostalgic feeling that brought me right back to PSO. I rather like that mysterious aspect that makes you wonder what's going on over in the distance story/lore wise where you have no access to. It sort of makes you use your imagination. I used to stop and wonder about the scenery all the time in PSO in nearly every area where you can see out in the distance (Pioneer 2, Ruin's "windows", etc), as well as in PSU (very prevalent in the lobbies, as well as outside your My Room window, etc).

Edit: Apparently a lot of people feel the same way I do :wacko:

NoiseHERO
Apr 23, 2012, 01:26 AM
I think they showed us plent of the city in the form of a hectic battlefield.

I'd like to see it as a big open, cleaned up lobby as well...

But even the shopping area(that has TWO nice cafes) people don't bother to hang out in, which I find to be a huge waste. so it'd just be a wasteland, pun intended.

Maybe another mission in a part of the city that's not completely destroyed would be good enough.

Chives
Apr 23, 2012, 02:56 AM
I'd like to see it as a big open, cleaned up lobby as well...

The thing I didn't like about PSU was that there were too many lobbys to go to. I think the one lobby and shopping district they have in PSO2 is just the right size. If this was a huge MMORPG like WoW it would make sense to have more lobby areas, but PSO2 will always be a niche game so its best to keep the lobby to a respectable size.

Finalzone
Apr 23, 2012, 04:40 AM
Actually, when I saw the city buildings in the distance in PSO2 I had that nostalgic feeling that brought me right back to PSO. I rather like that mysterious aspect that makes you wonder what's going on over in the distance story/lore wise where you have no access to. It sort of makes you use your imagination. I used to stop and wonder about the scenery all the time in PSO in nearly every area where you can see out in the distance (Pioneer 2, Ruin's "windows", etc), as well as in PSU (very prevalent in the lobbies, as well as outside your My Room window, etc).

I used to think that way long time ago until I look back at early Dreamcast PSO demo with flying view of the cities. I think it will be time to allow more as I have an impression some people wished to roam around the area.