PDA

View Full Version : Poor Perfromance

drmcst45
Apr 23, 2012, 11:01 AM
I'm noticing lag/shutter within the gameplay. Any suggestions what I can do to curve this or is this network related?

I've got a laptop with i5-2440m
2gb 6650 radeon card
4 gb ram
i think my hdd is 5400 rpms.

Placed all settings to low - resolution is around 720 and i did it in window mode as well.

Griffin
Apr 23, 2012, 11:03 AM
Your laptop specs are better than mine, but I don't experience poor performance on medium settings.

metatime
Apr 23, 2012, 11:05 AM
I'm noticing lag/shutter within the gameplay. Any suggestions what I can do to curve this or is this network related?

I've got a laptop with i5-2440m
2gb 6650 radeon card
4 gb ram
i think my hdd is 5400 rpms.

Placed all settings to low - resolution is around 720 and i did it in window mode as well.

Network issue. It's going to Japan so anything can happen either on your end or theirs.

Brindizer
Apr 23, 2012, 11:18 AM
The frame rate will stutter when loading other players. Since I've moved the PSO2 installation from a 7200 RPM to a solid state, the frame rates dip a lot less.

You could perhaps lessen the issue by decreasing the number of available models. The second to the last option in the options menu includes a slider for doing just that.

It's also a good idea to make sure the reflections and shadows are set to the minimum.

Ark22
Apr 23, 2012, 11:20 AM
Lobbies = super stuttering, and more than 8 people will cause some slowdown. Besides that the game should run smoothly.

Also your laptop is way better than mine, and mine can handle this on full screen, HD, Med settings =)

DemonMike
Apr 23, 2012, 11:49 AM
It's also worth noting that you're using a radeon card. My laptop exceeds minimum spec but the graphics card is letting me down as there seems to be a lack of support for it. I can't use any graphical setting above 1! Heh.