PDA

View Full Version : Joke: Why I hate PSO 2 and it's awful community

NamelessElement
Apr 24, 2012, 01:33 AM
I'm just kidding you guys are awesome 8D

Seriously, the community is just great, everyone is so nice and laid back. It's just how I remembered the PSO community to be.

I'm not sure about the rest of you but I'm loving the game so far and it's actually "fun" rather then another one of those chore games. Usually sequels in this days don't do too hot but I'm really liking how things are going.

If you see a new player asking questions help them out! I appreciate any and all help I have gotten so far and I make sure to help people when I see they have questions if I can answer them.

Look forward to playing with more of you in game, thanks again for all the help and good will :DD!

Ark22
Apr 24, 2012, 01:34 AM
I hate you too man....I hate you too <3

DayDreamer
Apr 24, 2012, 01:38 AM
The Phantasy Star community in general is aweomse, not just Pso2 :3
Its kinda sad that it all might change once its released, being F2P will boost its popularity but its going to bring in alot of a-holes QQ

Freshellent
Apr 24, 2012, 01:40 AM
Yo I was about to take the gloves off with some internet tuff guy bs but...

Sup. Welcome to the Phantasy Star Community, we fsckin' rule.

Nurusanura
Apr 24, 2012, 02:32 AM
You really had me going. :( But thankfully i read your post and now i'm happy. :D <3 you too!

BIG OLAF
Apr 24, 2012, 02:36 AM
Bah! Love and friendship is for the weak!

...and other evil phrases.

Sidney
Apr 24, 2012, 02:38 AM
Aww, party on, dudes! :) I'm so glad to hear it. I'm having a great time as well, and truly, everyone I've met has been nothing short of pleasant! This is the reason why Phantasy Star is the only franchise of MMO I'll bother to play; the people truly are something else.

Zyrusticae
Apr 24, 2012, 02:48 AM
Well, I hate you too! ;)

Yeah, it's actually been a lot of fun playing with you folks. Not that I expected anything else - after all, it takes a certain kind of person to be willing to stomach the language barriers just to play this game in the first place, which means lots of undesirables get weeded out right from the get-go. Still, even considering that, the level of civility has been pretty impressive so far! I hope it keeps up. Especially since, y'know, we still have to mingle with our JP counterparts...

Tolaryn
Apr 24, 2012, 03:08 AM
I haven't really wanted to get into a game community since the original PSO... but I've been really moved! Brings out the social gamer in me! Met awesome people and had a really great time so far with the Closed Beta! I can't wait for us to be able to play together on a more permenant basis, PSO community!

Mega Ultra Chicken
Apr 24, 2012, 03:24 AM
PSO's community has always been different from other MMOs I've played. The server-that-must-not-be-named is populated with pretty cool guys. The worst one usually gets is a completely silent group rather than someone being an ass. PSU's community wasn't bad either. There were some jerks (especially due to meta-Cast supremacy,) but still plenty of pretty cool guys. So far, PSO2 seems to be continuing the trend, but being freemium could affect the community overall... But then again, I dunno if PSO has ever really been mainstream.

BIG OLAF
Apr 24, 2012, 03:42 AM
Hopefully my last post was regarded in the joking manner I meant it.

But in all seriousness, I feel really bad now for being so rude about wanting to play with, or even talk to, other PSOW members regarding PSO2 (Beta or otherwise). I figured everyone thought I was a huge jerk, but I've been proven wrong so far in-game, as everyone who recognizes me is very nice. I apologize for my prior nastiness in other threads.

If anyone sees me in the Beta (or full game upon its release), please say hello, and even drop me a friend request if you'd like.

LeoTheFabulous
Apr 24, 2012, 03:55 AM
The awesome community is actually why I actually stick to this forum instead of making an account and forgetting the name of the website in 2 weeks. It's pretty exciting seeing some of you guys in the beta!

Dragwind
Apr 24, 2012, 04:01 AM
I get a kick out of seeing PSOW member's characters from screenshot threads, in the game, or even recognizing a PSOW name in-game. I like to walk by you and go "well that's him, and that's her, etc." Definitely has that nice community feel to see so many PSOW members in-game.

Enforcer MKV
Apr 24, 2012, 04:03 AM
What time frames is everyone playing on? I mean, I was jumping around servers for a bit, looking for some of the people I've talked to on here before, and I literally couldn't find anyone.

I feel like I'm doing this wrong, or something. :lol:

I'm eastern time, so right now it's.....5:02...am. Oi, ever feel like you oughta be sleeping? :sleep:

Mega Ultra Chicken
Apr 24, 2012, 04:06 AM
Hopefully my last post was regarded in the joking manner I meant it.

But in all seriousness, I feel really bad now for being so rude about wanting to play with, or even talk to, other PSOW members regarding PSO2 (Beta or otherwise). I figured everyone thought I was a huge jerk, but I've been proven wrong so far in-game, as everyone who recognizes me is very nice. I apologize for my prior nastiness in other threads.

If anyone sees me in the Beta (or full game upon its release), please say hello, and even drop me a friend request if you'd like.

Maybe I'll end up doing that, now that I can actually play multi-party missions now without crashing. But Maz and Nassandra hanging out would be kinda... awkward. In-universe, that is.

What time frames is everyone playing on? I mean, I was jumping around servers for a bit, looking for some of the people I've talked to on here before, and I literally couldn't find anyone.

I feel like I'm doing this wrong, or something. :lol:

I'm eastern time, so right now it's.....5:02...am. Oi, ever feel like you oughta be sleeping? :sleep:
I'm on EST too, so I'd probably be on between noon and 4 AM. Block 20 on Ship 2 is the unofficial English block, by the way.

Noel Vermillion
Apr 24, 2012, 04:26 AM
Shame not many people seem to know or care about PSO... hm.

It's good in a way though.

FerrPSO
Apr 24, 2012, 04:27 AM
Yeah , the community in PSO2 is great.

This aspect is IMO "boosted" now with the multiparty areas. Everyone helps each other there no matter what party you are in, and theres a lot of fun chats between guys from diferent parties. Is pretty great :D

terrell707
Apr 24, 2012, 04:49 AM
Every one I partied with so far has been pretty cool. Its really easy to just make a conversation out of nothing or to laugh and the dumbest things. Its really fun. :)

Nurusanura
Apr 24, 2012, 04:59 AM
If you see a girl with pink hair and kitty ears names Nuru on Ship 2, That's me! <3 Feel free to say whats up, I wont leave you hangin :)

TierrenZX
Apr 24, 2012, 05:07 AM
You see a Cast running around named Vesha, that would be me

KaoPyro
Apr 24, 2012, 08:17 AM
~.^ I haven't been here long either, but I can tell you, these people are a bunch of boneheads jkjk. Hope you have a good time. Jump in my party if you ever see me. Character name's Naomi.

moorebounce
Apr 24, 2012, 08:51 AM
The thing I hate are when people make quests and they don't want people to join PLEASE tick friends or team only that way nobody gets in on your quests that you don' want to.

I guess when us english speaking players are supposed to be playing I'll make some friends and join a team but for right now. Sega had to know we were getting in so they should've just put the english menus in there. Why lets us in if they weren't gonna give us that options.

KaoPyro
Apr 24, 2012, 08:58 AM
Sega had to know we were getting in so they should've just put the english menus in there. Why lets us in if they weren't gonna give us that options.

I think it's more like they thought we probably would try, and the right PR choice is to let us. So rather than them actually letting us in, they simply did not prevent us. The fact is this is still just a Japanese game. They just didn't region lock it. Also, the amount of money and time it'd take to properly translate everything would be too much. Development of this game has been amazingly fast. How long has it been since it was "10%" complete?

moorebounce
Apr 24, 2012, 11:56 AM
I think it's more like they thought we probably would try, and the right PR choice is to let us. So rather than them actually letting us in, they simply did not prevent us. The fact is this is still just a Japanese game. They just didn't region lock it. Also, the amount of money and time it'd take to properly translate everything would be too much. Development of this game has been amazingly fast. How long has it been since it was "10%" complete?

Actually they said it was being developed along one of the portable games and was further along than people thought. I just can't think of which portable game right off the top of my head.

As fast as they're translating the menus from other forums it couldn't cost that much. I don't need the voices translated just the text and I'll be fine with that.

Griffin
Apr 24, 2012, 12:01 PM
Aww, you bastard. I was preparing a retaliation and you ruined it. XP

Anyway, what we have now is really awesome, but we need to prepare for the froobs that will come with the US release. I like to welcome everybody, but we all know that most people aren't very online-friendly.

Sejrick
Apr 25, 2012, 12:06 PM
Yeah the pso community is great always has been probably always will.

Clessy
Apr 25, 2012, 12:12 PM
The thing I hate are when people make quests and they don't want people to join PLEASE tick friends or team only that way nobody gets in on your quests that you don' want to.

I guess when us english speaking players are supposed to be playing I'll make some friends and join a team but for right now. Sega had to know we were getting in so they should've just put the english menus in there. Why lets us in if they weren't gonna give us that options.

We solved the issue instantly without sega's help.

Zorafim
Apr 25, 2012, 12:49 PM
This is, by FAR, the friendliest thread I've opened whos title insults the people who opens it.

I have to say, jumping from WoW's community to PSO's is a huge jump. Community goes from something you put up with in order to play the game, to something which makes the game worth playing. It's nice being involved again, even though I'm still kinda keeping my distance.

Enforcer MKV
Apr 25, 2012, 12:51 PM
This is, by FAR, the friendliest thread I've opened whos title insults the people who opens it.

I have to say, jumping from WoW's community to PSO's is a huge jump. Community goes from something you put up with in order to play the game, to something which makes the game worth playing. It's nice being involved again, even though I'm still kinda keeping my distance.

Hmm....*glances at Zorafim*.....*nods to self*

*Attempts to sneak up on him and drag him into the community*

Kazzi
Apr 25, 2012, 02:34 PM
PSO, to me, has always had a pretty great community. Though I used to just lurk around because I was too shy to talk to anyone. Now I kind of regret it.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 25, 2012, 02:41 PM
PSO, to me, has always had a pretty great community. Though I used to just lurk around because I was too shy to talk to anyone. Now I kind of regret it.

s-shy talking to people on a forum?

k-k-kawa-ehhhhh

KaoPyro
Apr 25, 2012, 02:57 PM

A shy person? *cracks knuckles* I love shy people....

Enforcer MKV
Apr 25, 2012, 03:02 PM
s-shy talking to people on a forum?

k-k-kawa-ehhhhh

A shy person? *cracks knuckles* I love shy people....

Uh........hello Kazzi, it's a pleasure. ^^; :wacko:

Gama
Apr 25, 2012, 03:30 PM
Well

i'm pretty shy in real life, thats probably the first thing that got me hooked to pso "i was able to be myself" also the game core is based on cooperation, no pvp whatsoever, so it attracts friendly people "with exceptions obviously" but in majority these nice people created a community that is this nice and supportive, this made everyone get hooked on to the game, because it was so enjoyable and pleasant and fun to play it, time would fly.

thats something i cant find in any other game, the kid inside me is a sonic junkie, but the person i am today was molded with influence of who i was on pso, i can gladly say that it made me a better person.

and parents say videogames are bad right?

Zorafim
Apr 25, 2012, 03:55 PM
They also say TV is bad. And internet. And the rock music. And I think jazz was before that?

Enforcer MKV
Apr 25, 2012, 04:16 PM
They also say TV is bad. And internet. And the rock music. And I think jazz was before that?

Jazz!? Really? :-o

Ce'Nedra
Apr 25, 2012, 04:36 PM
Well

i'm pretty shy in real life, thats probably the first thing that got me hooked to pso "i was able to be myself" also the game core is based on cooperation, no pvp whatsoever, so it attracts friendly people "with exceptions obviously" but in majority these nice people created a community that is this nice and supportive, this made everyone get hooked on to the game, because it was so enjoyable and pleasant and fun to play it, time would fly.

thats something i cant find in any other game, the kid inside me is a sonic junkie, but the person i am today was molded with influence of who i was on pso, i can gladly say that it made me a better person.

and parents say videogames are bad right?

This, except for being a sonic junkie cause I hate sonic :p
PSO has an amazing ocommunity. I hope the way things go now in the beta will carry on in the end game. Everyone is nice to everyone and we are al helping each other with things. I want to play more with psow people in the end game. We should stim to ship 2 block 20 in the end game.

Also topic creator is a obvious troll :p

KaoPyro
Apr 25, 2012, 08:43 PM
Kazzi~ why u no lyke me? Ce'Nedra thinks I'm cool... =P

Reksanden
Apr 25, 2012, 10:46 PM
I'm more of a registered lurker. That, or I tend to hang out more in the groups than the forums, so I suppose my reclusiveness is my own fault. But yes, love the friendly community here, even if it can get a bit... Crazy, at times.

Zorafim
Apr 25, 2012, 11:26 PM
Why is the thread name being modified? The thread loses its impact when you're told it's a joke flat out.