PDA

View Full Version : "worthless" regular weapons from boss monsters sometimes not so worthless

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 24, 2012, 03:51 PM
so just in case you get any seemingly regular, worthless weapons from mecha spider/rockbear/dragon, double check their extra properties (where burn 1/freeze 1/power 1/shoot 1/ etc. usually are)

sometimes those worthless weapons will actually have the soul of the boss mob you killed attached, which give pretty significant stats. i think i had a vol something soul which gave +30 atp. that's like +5 in terms of grinding i think. something like that. you could just attach it to whatever main weapon you use.

yeah i accidentally fed a weapon that had a vol soul to my mag, but i shrugged it off since this is only beta.

just throwing this out there so people don't screw themselves if they ever pick up "regular" weapons from boss mobs.

-----------

btw does anybody know of these boss souls do anything else other than just give stats? their description is pretty complicated.

Alenoir
Apr 24, 2012, 04:26 PM
Do souls actually transfer to new weapons? I tried to fuse some of them and they never show up as stuff you can carryover.

Randomness
Apr 24, 2012, 05:09 PM
too bad I can't read japanese :P

ryuchibe
Apr 24, 2012, 05:33 PM
I dont think they transfer, i never seen it when trying to do so but i could be wrong.

foreignreign
Apr 24, 2012, 05:36 PM
You can transfer souls onto a target weapon if you have two separate weapons each with the same soul.

youcantcatchtheblue
Apr 24, 2012, 05:48 PM
You can transfer souls onto a target weapon if you have two separate weapons each with the same soul.

Can you explain in a little bit more detail?

Does this mean you can power-up the intensity of the souls but can't transfer them to a weapon that doesn't already have that soul?

Nuja
Apr 24, 2012, 05:55 PM

Does this mean you can power-up the intensity of the souls but can't transfer them to a weapon that doesn't already have that soul?

yes I think that is it.

I found a redbox after beating crater dragon, it had lucky, power 2, mind and crater soul, ill try to grind it to see if its worth keeping ^^

I wonder if we can get power 3 from p2 + p1...

Omega-z
Apr 24, 2012, 05:58 PM
You can transfer it but it has a low rate of success. You can't combine them unless what the other post say's is that you have two separate weapon's with the same soul going to a 3rd can combine that's my guess? I can check that out too to see if it's true.

Ah I see you mean add on to the soul itself.

DemonMike
Apr 24, 2012, 05:59 PM
Oh so that's what the souls are about! I'm sure I had a few in material form, I might have to try synthesising those with my weapons, or alternatively, check my storage to make sure I'm not imagining having them haha

Blackheart521
Apr 24, 2012, 07:17 PM
I wonder if we can get power 3 from p2 + p1...

I'm pretty sure in order to get power 3 you need to combine two weapons that both have power 2 for their ability, probably to make it get progressively harder as you go up in ability levels.

Randomness
Apr 24, 2012, 08:01 PM
The ability transfer system is a good idea overall, imo.

Being able to power up weapons after they drop is always good, and now we have three separate ways to do it (grinding, element boosting, ability boosting/transfer).

Ability boost/transfer also means that otherwise junk drops have potential value. (For instance, a Ragne soul on the lowest level rod is still useful for boosting high end weapons)

foreignreign
Apr 24, 2012, 08:41 PM

Other way around.

You can only Transfer souls. You can't have a Vol Soul II.

kyuuketsuki
Apr 24, 2012, 09:28 PM
Yeah, I've never seen the ability to transfer a Rappy/Rockbear/Vol/Ragne Soul from one weapon/unit to another. I haven't checked if having two weapons/units with the same Soul would enable the transfer, though. I'm willing to bet the transfer rate is incredibly low if that's true, especially if you're going to try and use the weapon's/unit's extra slot.

BWS-1
Apr 24, 2012, 09:34 PM
O man, that's a wicked system! You can get almost any weapons to be badass!

I'm going to need at least 1000 inventory space just to store all those things for upgrades!

Not sure if want...

foreignreign
Apr 24, 2012, 09:35 PM
Yeah, I've never seen the ability to transfer a Rappy/Rockbear/Vol/Ragne Soul from one weapon/unit to another. I haven't checked if having two weapons/units with the same Soul would enable the transfer, though. I'm willing to bet the transfer rate is incredibly low if that's true, especially if you're going to try and use the weapon's/unit's extra slot.

It's 50%, assuming you're not adding an extra slot.

Adding extra slots lowers the success chance by 25% I think.

becomplex114
Apr 25, 2012, 12:40 AM
It's 50%, assuming you're not adding an extra slot.

Adding extra slots lowers the success chance by 25% I think.

Are you sure about that? I have never gotten the option to transfer any souls. You must have to do something special to get the option.

Spellbinder
Apr 25, 2012, 12:44 AM
I also have tried to transfer the soul over to a different weapon and the option was not available.

foreignreign
Apr 25, 2012, 01:00 AM
Are you picking TWO other weapons to add special abilities from?

They also have to follow the rule of having the same amount of special abilities as each other.

GrandTickler
Apr 25, 2012, 01:04 AM
i found a soul today too!

Rappy Soul
+30 Ability
+2 PP

pretty awesome

Sev
Apr 25, 2012, 09:27 AM
I was able to try transferring a soul today. As stated, I have to have two weapons, each with a soul, I also needed a target weapon with the same amount of slots.

For example:

(Target) Sword: Item Finder, Power I

(Material) Wire Lance: Vol Soul, Stamina I
(Material) Partisan: Vol Soul, Technique I

With that combination you get the ability to transfer the Vol Soul to the target sword, that's how skill transfer works. It's probably the signal best way to improve an item, especially the few high star items that you can find in game currently. I will definitely make more use of this system in Open Beta. Thanks for the info.

Reia
Apr 25, 2012, 10:02 AM
Keep in mind that also the weapon has to be the same atribute. like you're transfering a soul to an Ice weapon, both subs has to be of Ice element, no matter what kind like using a Rod and a Sword to upgrade a Rifle. And also both have to have the same soul and element to transfer, I haven't tested in Neutral but seems like Neutral weapons takes on any weapon.