PDA

View Full Version : How much are you willing to pay/year?

r00tabaga
Apr 24, 2012, 05:10 PM
Just gauging people's budgets for this game. Nobody knows too much about pricing yet, but with the Premium Sets now being available in 30,60 & 90 day packages and the insane amounts of costumes I plan on buying, I anticipate spending around $200..................and I still need a PC.

With My Shop, My Room, Expanded Storage & trading as part of Premium, I will probably do the 90 day Set to save a few yen.

So, what is the max you are willing to dish?

SuperChoco
Apr 24, 2012, 05:19 PM
I'm willing to dish out about $50 a year.

reptile7383
Apr 24, 2012, 05:19 PM
I think I'm willing to pay $15 max a month. Maybe a little more in the beginning to get started.

Ce'Nedra
Apr 24, 2012, 05:21 PM
Depends on content and what we all can buy. That and how easy or hard it will be to bug my mom for her cc

Randomness
Apr 24, 2012, 05:26 PM
I think I'm willing to pay $15 max a month. Maybe a little more in the beginning to get started.

Similar for me, but more the $10/month range, plus maybe a little up front for an extra slot or two.

Link1275
Apr 24, 2012, 05:31 PM
0$, I'm in the age<18 group so I don't have the cash to blow on a game.

Zyrusticae
Apr 24, 2012, 05:31 PM
Depends, really, on how my income looks and how many things I actually even want to buy to begin with. TBH, they don't have a whole lot to entice me to pay.

I can see myself investing over $200 over the course of a year for the game simply because I do want to support the good work of the PSO2 team, regardless. They just have to give me stuff that I think is worth buying.

r00tabaga
Apr 24, 2012, 05:32 PM
I need my 4 characters (with as "unique as possible" outfits) and am willing to give them whatever King's ransom they ask..........plus the 90 day Premium Set.

Take my $$$ SEGA. I will save money by not buying other games this year!

MrPOW
Apr 24, 2012, 05:53 PM
I make pretty good money and my wife understands my addiction to Phantasy Star games, so I could see myself easily spending upwards of $200 a year if enough cash shop items appeal to me.

lKeima
Apr 24, 2012, 05:54 PM
30 a month max :D

Skyden
Apr 24, 2012, 05:55 PM
If I manage to get Some Extra $$$ around 10 USD Month, if Not I will just hope I can use Cell Phone Payments, then I can squeeze 20 USD Month

Dinosaur
Apr 24, 2012, 05:56 PM
Under $100. Extra character slot and premium is all I find myself ever getting from the cash shop.

DemonMike
Apr 24, 2012, 05:57 PM
It depends on what they offer in the finished product. If Sega Europe gets it out ASAP and content updates are followed soon after the Japanese release, I can see myself giving them quite a lot. I'll be going for the My Room, My Shop, 2x additional storage each month as standard and scape dolls if I fancy using them.

The problem is, I don't see the F2P model working any where else but Japan.

Apostosis
Apr 24, 2012, 06:12 PM
10$ more or less per month, I want to cooperate but it depends on my funds and what they are going to sell.

Rauten
Apr 24, 2012, 06:18 PM
I make pretty good money and my wife understands my addiction to Phantasy Star games, so I could see myself easily spending upwards of $200 a year if enough cash shop items appeal to me.

You are a lucky lucky man.

I intend to spend no more than about 12-13€ a month. Anything below that is good, anything above would require a really good reason.
The premium package does seem to be a no-brainer for me, extras will depend on the price for the premium.

Hayde
Apr 24, 2012, 06:55 PM
Question, other than the aesthetic appeal--and to play on a different server, is there any point to purchasing additional characters? It seems you can just switch to any class on your main character as it is--ala FFXI/FFXIV style, and maybe PSU...to be honest I never played that game for more than a week so I have no clues.

I figure there must be some defining reason why many people still intend to purchase additional characters; maybe they didn't know about the changing class option or perhaps there's some beneficial gain to be had by playing hunter on a hunter character, ranger on a ranger character....etc.

Polantaris
Apr 24, 2012, 06:56 PM
I'll probably spend like $10 a month, depending on how much I'm into Monster Hunter Frontier in any given month, cause that costs me at least $25/mo (After Hunter's Life, EX Course, and a VPN). If I'm really into FO that month I'll probably go Free on PSO2, it doesn't seem like it would really be that big of a deal anyway.

NoiseHERO
Apr 24, 2012, 07:04 PM
I will save money by not buying other games this year!

This, how many games I missed out on because I was so occupied with PSU....

Reia
Apr 24, 2012, 07:14 PM
As a person with a busy life I don't afford more than 20 dollars in videogames a month, So I probably will be only playing that after I come back from work, atm Im enjoying my holidays and trying so hard this game and learn quickly while I still got time in the CBT. Around 10-15 dollars may cost the premiun pack, rest will be saved for any consumable or ticket I may buy from the ARCS shop.

Griffin
Apr 24, 2012, 07:20 PM
Heck if I know. I just buy what I like and wait until the next thing.

Zeota
Apr 24, 2012, 07:29 PM
This will depend largely on the content they put out and the AC/dollar/yen ratio. Still not completely sold on this game yet.

Angelo
Apr 24, 2012, 07:36 PM
200$ a year comes out to roughly around 17 dollars a month.

I could see myself spending a bit more than that if the content is nice.

CapitalG
Apr 24, 2012, 07:45 PM
Yeah, I can't see spending that much on the game. With the beta I went ahead and did the premium option, but I still haven't used any of my extra storage and only recently went to my room and spent some meseta to decorate it (there really isn't anything else to spend it on right now).

Alex305!
Apr 24, 2012, 07:55 PM
Under $100. Extra character slot and premium is all I find myself ever getting from the cash shop.

I agree. I need to buy and trade! I might not get an extra character though. I don't care for clothes at all besides premium ill probably buy skill tree resets if when I start playing and I put the wrong skill in or a better build comes along.

lostinseganet
Apr 24, 2012, 07:58 PM
Once they start selling wet teeshirts and nipples for $200 a piece look out!

Skye-Fox713
Apr 24, 2012, 09:37 PM
If they have perminant storage and inventory space i'll probably buy that, and if I can get a RAmarl outfit with detail colors that isn't white i'll be getting that as well.

Alenoir
Apr 24, 2012, 10:12 PM
20 to 30 a month on the months I'm playing.

Mike
Apr 24, 2012, 10:42 PM
20 to 30 a month on the months I'm playing.
That's a fair amount of money but if that's what it takes for you to enjoy yourself, then sobeit.

Personally, I was thinking of going for the premium set. Depending on the price, I might consider some of the permanent unlocks like inventory expansions or additional skill trees. I refuse to spend any real money on the scratches or consumables though. The "gatcha" method is under more scrutiny of late and if laws are passed to regulate them, I don't want to have dumped money in to them.

Ceresa
Apr 24, 2012, 10:54 PM
10$ a month/average. Going for the 90 day premium set and anything extra to scratch... if there's anything extra.

Then another 80$ (cost of PSU import back then) to get char slots, inventory spaces, mags, and other various permanent fixtures settled.

Also whatever it takes to get a good twintails hairstyle.

Dabian
Apr 25, 2012, 12:09 AM
I'll spend on whatever features I want. But as for a cap, $15 worth of Arks Cash as a soft cap I guess. Feels like spending on a MMO sub that way :)

Syl
Apr 25, 2012, 12:12 AM
Totally dependent on the content. I wouldn't mind spending upwards of $20 a month if I felt it was worth it.

tl;dr ALL MY MONEY.

Konflyk
Apr 25, 2012, 01:43 AM
Seeing as I can care less about extra characters and Sega did a good job with having one so far. I only plan to spend a reasonable amount premium packs, maybe 1 costume every couple months, and maybe a scratch card if something good is available.

foreignreign
Apr 25, 2012, 01:56 AM
$10 a month, probably.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 25, 2012, 02:09 AM
this game is pretty good. i'd probably spend 5 bucks a month and that's a lot considering how stingy i am.

if they made an ass slider i'd spend 20 dollars to access it for sure.

yoshiblue
Apr 25, 2012, 02:10 AM
Throw in a "Dat Ass" emote and you got a deal.

foreignreign
Apr 25, 2012, 02:42 AM
this game is pretty good. i'd probably spend 5 bucks a month and that's a lot considering how stingy i am.

if they made an ass slider i'd spend 20 dollars to access it for sure.

Honestly I'm surprised there isn't one.

You could also put "disappoint" instead of surprised in my last sentence and it would still hold true.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 25, 2012, 02:50 AM
Honestly I'm surprised there isn't one.

You could also put "disappoint" instead of surprised in my last sentence and it would still hold true.

as was i. i guess japan just likes the mammary glands.

i bet if the character models were done by koreans it would have had an ass slider or the asses would have already been big. lool

Arika
Apr 25, 2012, 02:50 AM
Yup, this is good, it seem most people will at least give SEGA more than 0$ for their great game.

expecting premium room access per month = 5$, and add around 10$ for other stuffs. so I plan to pay around 15$ a month. that mean 100-200$ per year.

But true to be told, after the first year, I probably be at capped everything and probably not need to spend anymore stuffs so it may reduce too less than 100$ per year later on.

Zelon
Apr 25, 2012, 02:56 AM
probly just get premium if it was fair priced, dont know about the store realy depends on what i could permently unlock, and outfits i might like, probably about 25 to start then 15 a month i think.

Okito Musuko
Apr 25, 2012, 02:57 AM

the wife comment made me laugh :D im with you on this one

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 25, 2012, 03:03 AM
Yup, this is good, it seem most people will at least give SEGA more than 0$ for their great game.

expecting premium room access per month = 5$, and add around 10$ for other stuffs. so I plan to pay around 15$ a month. that mean 100-200$ per year.

But true to be told, after the first year, I probably be at capped everything and probably not need to spend anymore stuffs so it may reduce too less than 100$ per year later on.

you speak the truth. the core of pso2 gameplay is already pretty strong which is important, since all games eventually become a grind it really depends on how fun the gameplay is.

at this point it's going to be all about how frequently they can release content. i'm mostly worried that most content released will rarely be actual playable content, but instead, AC related stuff. i remember reading somewhere that sakai planned to do an update every month or something but he was rather vague on what that "update" included.

i know a lot of games do "updates" but they're just updating the game with new cash shop items.

jmanx
Apr 25, 2012, 03:03 AM
Whats the ratio to AC and cash anyways

AweOfShe
Apr 25, 2012, 03:28 AM
I know I'd at least spend money to have multiple characters.
Until I know what the full game has to offer, it'll be less than $100.

Besides, my wallet is already getting raped by another franchise, so I probably won't have much to spend on it anyways. >_>

Crystal_Shard
Apr 25, 2012, 05:53 AM
I was already prepared to spend at least $15 a month, so I can easily envision spending towards that limit. Depending on whether they will allow us to set more than one alt to be available for use as a partner character, I might even take on two accounts just to get a third character into the fray.

Anyways, based on what I've seen over the last few Beta days, I will probably get:

4 x Premium Course 90 Days or just the MyRoom 90 days (if I don't feel the need to trade or sell stuff)
Discount set of 5 Inventory Expansion Tickets
7 Alt Character Slots minimum
2++ Extra Mag Passes (Possibly per character if that's necessary)
Extra skill trees on a as needed basis

Probably not going to spend on Gacha, would just prefer to choose my outfits judiciously on creation. Unless there are rare outfits I really want that's only available through gacha. That would suck of course - I'd rather they sell them the way they did in Infinity at the bare minimum.

I should end up hitting the mid $100-200 range, possibly higher than $200 if there's enough reason to pay for outfits and gacha, or if I do end up taking a second account. ^_^'

Gama
Apr 25, 2012, 07:51 AM
if theres a cellphone payment method, at least 2 char slots, and maybe some clothes,hairstyles, ability to trade.

Cyrusnagisa
Apr 25, 2012, 08:10 AM
I am in where I think most are, I am willing to pay at most 15 a month, but when the game is released I will buy 60 worth just to start off.

AnnabellaRenee87
Apr 25, 2012, 08:53 AM
Please see my Finical Advisor for my answer.
[spoiler-box]http://i.qkme.me/35xtx4.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Sixoul
Apr 25, 2012, 09:08 AM
Depends on content and what we all can buy. That and how easy or hard it will be to bug my mom for her cc

Kids shouldn't use their parents credit cards, probably the reason so many people go broke.

Drifting Fable
Apr 25, 2012, 09:11 AM
This is probably old fashioned and unrealistic for this day and age, but I'm hoping SoA would keep the standard 8$ P2P model.

Part of the draw of the series compared to other MMOs was that you were getting such a darn good experience for less than what you'd had to spend on WoW or Everquest.

Sixoul
Apr 25, 2012, 09:17 AM
This is probably old fashioned and unrealistic for this day and age, but I'm hoping SoA would keep the standard 8$ P2P model.

Part of the draw of the series compared to other MMOs was that you were getting such a darn good experience for less than what you'd had to spend on WoW or Everquest.

What aren't you getting though? Besides trading which might be the same pricing option as PSU or possibly cheaper. It's the same great experience and it's free. You don't need trading to have fun in the game. Trading just creates gold bots.

Drifting Fable
Apr 25, 2012, 11:50 AM
What aren't you getting though? Besides trading which might be the same pricing option as PSU or possibly cheaper. It's the same great experience and it's free. You don't need trading to have fun in the game. Trading just creates gold bots.

Well in those regards, trading is still a nice feature when you have items for your buddies or when a party member runs out of mates in a mission. Unless dropping an item on the ground for the other player to pick up is still in game, I still consider trading an important feature that shouldn't be withheld.

There's also Player shops and My room(which also held crafting and a storage box) which are both features I believe also have made their mark on the series. And now items that used to be obtainable in game are now purely cash shop items.

I just believe it adds a lot of unnecessary complexity to the game and find it simpler just to charge everyone with a monthly fee and provide content hence forth. But again I'm old fashioned and not too keen with the freenium direction games these days are heading. But alas, it's good business.:-?

AnnabellaRenee87
Apr 25, 2012, 12:15 PM
Well in those regards, trading is still a nice feature when you have items for your buddies or when a party member runs out of mates in a mission. Unless dropping an item on the ground for the other player to pick up is still in game, I still consider trading an important feature that shouldn't be withheld.

There's also Player shops and My room(which also held crafting and a storage box) which are both features I believe also have made their mark on the series. And now items that used to be obtainable in game are now purely cash shop items.

I just believe it adds a lot of unnecessary complexity to the game and find it simpler just to charge everyone with a monthly fee and provide content hence forth. But again I'm old fashioned and not too keen with the freenium direction games these days are heading. But alas, it's good business.:-?

I don't have a hunter but if its like PSO1 then anyone can learn Resta and there is no need for giving them Mats.

I think the Game company's are going to this billing method as appose to a monthly premium because the world economy is in the crapper and people are cutting cost left and right. Like why pay $8-15 a month when that gets your 2-4 gallons of gas? People are just not playing MMOs like they use to and if you cant afford to pay for something one month you are not out of a game you just don't have all the premium features.
WOW is even seeing a loss in players and have adopted to an extent (up to level 20) free to play. Star trek online went FTP and if your a Rune Scape fan you have the option to pay them $15 a month or FTP with less features (I dont play Rune Scape and may be a little off here).

Bottom line it may be the best thing for the community as the game is open to more people. I remember playing the Beta of PSU on Xbox Live and people would say, Oh wow this is really fun, I'm going to buy the full game, I say its $15 a month, they then say, off F that I'm not going to do that and then quit playing entirely.

Reia
Apr 26, 2012, 12:37 AM
I see some people posting so much stuff, I go like "implying they do actually need all those stuff", In the end if you are not into the Rolling Addiction which I don't you'll notice most stuff comes casually, grind oriented and progress is slow, so much like Class leveling, Mag feeding (Careful Mag builds will take more than a week). You won't actually make alts to don't use them if you know they cost you money, and recreating alts also cost you as well. And the Premiun already grants you a storage space of 300, which makes 500 total. Im totally fine by that. The extra space rentals are for the hardcore people who will play more than 1 class and more than 1 character since it's all shared like a common box. I think with the slotting and synthethizing drama on one class 200 is enough space and 500 you can never complain (if you come up with a proper strategy). The important thing is going premiun, Get the ability to trade (Since you won't be lucky to get the meseta, most of my "awesome trades" came by weapon/armor/unit trading in PSU, since I always was short in meseta in JP) and MyShop access to sell your stuff rather than thinking hard on a good use before shame on NPCing it. Same for any cosmetic item you don't like and gathering My Room Items that will make you build a MyRoom so badly.

What I mean is that there's no big rush to get all the cash shop items in time if you are not in rolling addiction. If you wanna start on something while playing an economical plan, pay 20 bucks a month, Rent premiun 90 days and start using that short save for start buying inventory expansion (it seems most likely the most neccesary item you wanna get first, so you don't stop everytime cuz of full inventory). Around the 2nd to 3rd month you wanna start thinking on buying new stuff to progress further unless you play 24/7 that is. About Gatcha goods, no big deal in rolling if you plan to manage trading for that, you may not buy some outfits in future but you can still buy anything that is related to the item fortification processes. I mean seriously, giving that the JP Ship-1 Market gonna be so good I won't see insanely overpriced the items that will allow you to change/boost the element of your beloved rare weapon if you have good endgame hunting plans and trading skills.

Finally, if you want the FUN stuff so bad, going premiun is a good way to go since it boost the rate of FUN points received to almost double and give you alternate options to get Fun points like the Room Robot thingy, the Partner NPC. So you can get way more FUN points than just give and receive Good Jobs and the daily log in campaign.

goldwing
Apr 26, 2012, 12:40 AM
about 20 to 25 a month depending on what they sell but for sure im getting a room and trade

kdrakari
Apr 26, 2012, 12:58 AM
Well clearly it depends on two things:
1) What is available
2) How much it costs

I know a little about what you can get, though not sure about all the details. I currently don't find myself going over 200 in the warehouse very much so unless they start charging to deposit from the field I'm good there. I don't trade often, so it would be cool if they had a "pay per trade" thing rather than being forced to buy a whole month even just trading once. If I got a shop at all it would probably be something like buying the shortest duration only when I had a bunch of rare items that I don't want (for whatever reason). I might end up with multiple characters too, but still on the fence about that. Depends on how much they are.

But really, I probably won't spend much. I rarely pay anything when I can avoid it, but I doubt I'll manage that here.

Kraiseson
Apr 26, 2012, 01:25 AM
lol. I spend like 12 bucks every day on smokes, might get away with 2 days sometimes If im not working that day..

I dont see an issue spending 10-20 on the game.
I got alot of other habbits that take up way less of my time and I am still paying alot more for them.

So If i'm going to be playing for hours on end everyday.. Fucking rights i dont mind spending a fair amount.

r00tabaga
Jun 19, 2012, 10:19 AM
Bumped for a related thread.

MasterChuck
Jun 19, 2012, 10:22 AM
Right off the bat? Zero.

If I see a steady stream of updates and support for Western players, I'll think about it.

MiaRitz
Jun 19, 2012, 10:56 AM
Rather than keep buying a new 70 $ game every week I'd rather put half of the money I'd normally use towards PSO2. So...yeah...
I'm not that rich, I work a minimum wage job, but I don't have any other large expenses ( Wife, kids, car, friends, social life, ect)

Pyrii
Jun 19, 2012, 11:03 AM
Depends on how the exchange rate for JPY <> GBP goes and whether they support Paypal who do the conversion for you. My bank charges stupid fees for buying stuff in other currencies so I prefer to pay for USD transactions with paypal as they pre-convert so you know how much you're paying.

But SEGA insist on limiting their market by not allowing options like Paypal for PSU etc...

What I'm trying to say, if I can avoid my bank's conversion charges I'll prolly take the 90-day premium packs. And backpack upgrades.

DoctorShanks
Jun 19, 2012, 11:25 AM
Knowing me I'll probably go overboard and spend a good $20~$30 per month if I really really enjoy the game. I'm not going to spend a dime until I know for sure that there will or will not be a North American release though.

oifjustus
Jun 19, 2012, 12:03 PM
Depends on the usefulness of the cash shop items.. If I can get what I need without spending money ill get it that way, but im sure there's going to be certain things from the cash shop that are a necessity. To early to say really...

Ryo
Jun 19, 2012, 12:34 PM
The amount I spend depends on my enjoyment of the game. But I could see over $200 a year, I plan on cancelling my CO sub and using that money toward this game, so we'll see.

LatinWolf
Jun 19, 2012, 12:39 PM
Nothing, PSO 2 is no true MMO, are there promises of new content? new stages being added regularly through out the year? then Nothing.

Only reason I used to pay for MMOs was new content, and maintenance. PSO 2 seems like it will have it's set number of areas and higher difficulties.

BWS-1
Jun 19, 2012, 01:11 PM
At least 180$ a year... assuming the ''no longer default'' features I pay for would end up worth it from day 1 to the end of the year.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Jun 19, 2012, 01:15 PM
About $100-$200 or maybe more, given that the game is sufficiently addicting and the Cash Shop has stuff I actually want.

moeri
Jun 19, 2012, 01:16 PM
Depends on if the costumes are permenent or on a time limit. I probably won't buy any if they are on a time limit, but I would if they are permanent.

Blackheart521
Jun 19, 2012, 01:23 PM
Depends on if the costumes are permenent or on a time limit. I probably won't buy any if they are on a time limit, but I would if they are permanent.

The gacha clothes in CB were all permanent so I would expect them to be the same in the full game ^^

Ryuujin13
Jun 19, 2012, 01:26 PM
Im willing to spend a 100$ every few months...but first I need a job lol gd eco.

Kinaya
Jun 19, 2012, 01:31 PM
Maybe 40-50€ per month

BWS-1
Jun 19, 2012, 01:53 PM
Not to mention that I'd pay good money to have a HUcast that looks like a HUcast. If you know what I mean.

Blackheart521
Jun 19, 2012, 01:56 PM
Not to mention that I'd pay good money to have a HUcast that looks like a HUcast. If you know what I mean.

You mean a "Kireek" HUcast I assume?

BWS-1
Jun 19, 2012, 01:59 PM
You mean a "Kireek" HUcast I assume?

Yes. Or, if you prefer, a ''retouched version of the original'' like - I kid you not - every single classes have had, save for the HUcasts.

Edit: Except maybe whichever classes ONLY exist since PSO2, but even those are close in their style to what could have been present in previous PSO games.

JRDeBo
Jun 19, 2012, 02:07 PM
Probably about $15 a month, if I'm willing to pay $9/10 for the crap the Sega US gives us, I'll pay more for the real thing.

catwat
Jun 19, 2012, 02:36 PM
Im willing to spend money on permanent costumes that look exactly like the ones on PSO. Other than that i don't care much about the other things they offer.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 19, 2012, 08:56 PM
not voting until PayPal is confirmed/denied+^_^+

Cherri420
Jun 20, 2012, 02:36 AM
My husband and I will both be playing the game soooooooooo 20$ a month here and there.

supersonix9
Jun 20, 2012, 03:10 AM
I think I'm going to try out the actual game before I think about this sort of thing.

darkante
Jun 20, 2012, 06:09 AM
Depends on what it has too offer and what things actually costs money.

I know that i will need 3 slots, one for Racast,Hucaseal and Fonewearl.
Then some sexy clothes for my whores and badassery for my badass man.
If certain mags are buyable that looks cool and arenīt too gimpy then those will be snatched.

Dragwind
Jun 20, 2012, 11:13 PM
Since I'll probably be dropping nearly all gaming in favor of PSO2, I don't see a problem spending a fair amount of AC.

goldwing
Jun 20, 2012, 11:14 PM
Since I'll probably be dropping nearly all gaming in favor of PSO2, I don't see a problem spending a fair amount of AC.

Ill b spending with ya as soon as i find out how XD

Jack Krozzer
Jun 20, 2012, 11:15 PM
Isn't it free 2 play though?

goldwing
Jun 20, 2012, 11:36 PM
Isn't it free 2 play though?

It is but we r talking about the cashshop part of the game

Jack Krozzer
Jun 20, 2012, 11:44 PM
LMFAO $100000000 is goin in this from me alone!

goldwing
Jun 20, 2012, 11:47 PM
LMFAO $100000000 is goin in this from me alone!

Lol i wish i had that much moneys