PDA

View Full Version : So hard for so little.

RocSage
Apr 24, 2012, 07:55 PM
I just did a free field forest run and ended up kill 3 rockbears (1 was the boss) and a Dark Ragne on my lvl 9 Ranger. I pretty much solo'd the Ragne, suffered 9 deaths over all.

The thing is that is 4 bosses in a single run, the field is lvl 11 and for all that I only got enough for 1 to 1.5 levels. That's a bit low in my books. Didnt even get any good drops. I just died alot. :(

Blackheart521
Apr 24, 2012, 08:44 PM
I find that using a gunblade (if you're a hunter) in gun form and dodging, while not the fastest route to killing a boss will be a lot safer and will likely save you some AC in the end or if you suspect you may die, buy scape dolls in advance to save some AC... and I do believe rewards for bosses right now are a bit on the low side, I can fight vol dragon, break his horn off(to increase the drop rate) and beat him, only to get him to drop a bunch of 30 meseta drops, there needs to be low tier rares that are less rare then the ones with lower drop rates currently available, but I mean its still beta so no worries on that, there'll be more items in the future and more content to get them from

Ceresa
Apr 24, 2012, 08:47 PM
If you had been in a party, in this glorious multiplayer game, you would have raped those bears in 30 seconds each, and ragne in like 3 minutes, even less if you got lucky with another party happening by... and getting 1~1.5 levels for such a thing is incredibly fast.

Could just run past them if the exp/time ratio for solo isn't good for you.

Dinosaur
Apr 24, 2012, 08:50 PM
There are 5 rare drops in this test. A wired lance, sword, partisan, rifle, and card. That's literally it.

kyuuketsuki
Apr 24, 2012, 09:24 PM
Yeah... this is a beta. The loot tables are not final. I doubt "rare" bosses will spawn as often as they do. And since when does any game take into account how many times you've died and guarantee an automatic rare drop out of pity?

One and a half levels gained playing through a single mission is pretty good, really.

I don't mean to be a jerk or anything. I just don't get the complaint.

buri-chan
Apr 24, 2012, 09:47 PM
I'd guess that EXP gain is crippled on purpose for the beta. After all, the missions aren't giving EXP. Even then, I'll be sure to add that to my comments when the time comes.

Zeota
Apr 24, 2012, 09:56 PM
No need for it anyway. You get exp just fine from stuff like interrupt events.

Arika
Apr 24, 2012, 10:02 PM
If you had been in a party, in this glorious multiplayer game, you would have raped those bears in 30 seconds each, and ragne in like 3 minutes, even less if you got lucky with another party happening by... and getting 1~1.5 levels for such a thing is incredibly fast.

Could just run past them if the exp/time ratio for solo isn't good for you.

More likely only 50 sec or less nowadays if the party have 4. With all the Jellen to make him hit you only 1-10, shifta + weak spot rafoie/foie and and HU will always keep him knock down all the time. Plus, the forest one appear as only level 11. Usually you see FO lv 20 who want to hunt him for his rare drop.

Maronji
Apr 25, 2012, 12:16 AM
Eh. I once had two Rockbears (one was the boss) and three Dark Ragne in one mission once. Worst part was that I soloed the all the Dark Ragne at least down to half (and I think there was one that I HAD to solo). The drops were pretty meh (though I think I found a few Lv4 PA disks), but it's closed beta. They might change things around for OB/release.

Though for a while, I thought I was going to run out of healing items in the middle of those fights. It was pretty exhilarating, and drops aren't going to diminish that kind of experience for me (at least, not that easily).

The kicker, though? The Dark Ragne I had to fight as a Lv8 Force for at least 50% of the total combat time. NOT fun. Most definitely NOT fun. I think I had to pop a Scape Doll during that encounter. In the end, I ended up with 5k+ total damage... or was that the "three in a row" run? I forget.

Hrith
Apr 25, 2012, 12:48 AM
Same thing happened to me (change over event), It was hell, but I did kill the bosses without a death. It still took a lot of momates, time, and the reward was not worth it. Those are meant for parties, if you are soloing, ignore them.

GrandTickler
Apr 25, 2012, 12:54 AM
i should make a video sometime how to kill rockbear, he is super easy and can be beat without getting hit once. if u just keep hitting his leg his regular swings will go over you and miss. however i do gotto add my body size is the smallest posible lol, that might have something to do with it. then if he raises his arms or start beating his chest, walk under his legs and start attacking his back cause he will do some smash and then fall over. thats all there is to it

Eggobandit
Apr 25, 2012, 12:55 AM
I complained about EXP when i first started, but now that i've maxed classes, i kind of take it back. Going from lv1-20 in 3 days...really isn't that big of a deal when you think about it.

As for soloing bosses, i do it for the FUN, not for the rewards. I dont mind crappy drops because i can use them for ability transferring. Even better if they have something decent.

Rockbear is easier solo than with party members i am convinced. Just wait for him to wiff and then wail on his weakpoint. Ive never fought dragon solo. Catadorian seems to be the hardest i've had solo because you are constantly having dodging him.

i dont WANT to fight Ragne solo. He has a ridiculous amount of HP and seems to be 100% designed for team coordination. If you're undermanned, he's either going to take forever or out-stamina your team.

And trying to solo him during the city mission is suicide, his ability to wall climb and gain distance, and amount of space he has to put between you before he uses his projectile is too much. Unless you're using max equipment + Fury Stance + badass you're probably just going to timeout anyway.

GrandTickler
Apr 25, 2012, 12:56 AM
I complained about EXP when i first started, but now that i've maxed classes, i kind of take it back. Going from lv1-20 in 3 days...really isn't that big of a deal when you think about it.

As for soloing bosses, i do it for the FUN, not for the rewards. I dont mind crappy drops because i can use them for ability transferring. Even better if they have something decent.

yeah at start it 'seems' slow, but it isnt at all, my first char took 3 days as wel but now i could do it in 1 day because im more experienced.