PDA

View Full Version : 4/25 Maintenance (2pm to 6pm)

Mike
Apr 24, 2012, 08:21 PM
Probably not a surprise to anyone anymore but there will be maintenance today. From when to when is not yet known but because they're going to be changing the server hardware around today, it will likely be longer than usual.

EDIT: Today will probably be the normal 2~3 hours. Thursday's maintenance will be the longer one because of server hardware changes. Sorry for the confusion.

foreignreign
Apr 24, 2012, 08:44 PM
You mean 24 or 25? 26 is Thursday.

Arika
Apr 24, 2012, 09:36 PM
Yesterday maint seem reduce laggy.

So far, some maint reduce it, and some increase it. They are testing.

Mike
Apr 24, 2012, 09:48 PM
You mean 24 or 25? 26 is Thursday.
Whoops. That's right. The notes for a RL meeting I have on the 26th are right in front of me and mistook that for todays date.

Xaeris
Apr 24, 2012, 10:01 PM
Emergency! Code...agh, you know what, I'm tired.

DemonMike
Apr 24, 2012, 10:02 PM
Good thing I'm always asleep during those hours heh

Bad thing is that when I start playing it's Japanese peak hours =(

Mike
Apr 24, 2012, 11:42 PM
Today's maintenance is from 2pm to 6pm and should fix some problems with the matter board. Having completed the matter board on Sunday, I don't really care. Tomorrow's maintenance, which I touched a bit upon in the first post by mistaken, should have a larger effect on the lag and disconnection problems.

chaos-shadow
Apr 25, 2012, 12:03 AM
I'm assuming maintenance just started. Got kicked out just as I had finally gotten into beta... after an entire day of no internet and it finally getting fixed an hour ago.

I can't catch a break. OTL

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 25, 2012, 12:04 AM
I have two questions:
1. Was there this many maintenance during alpha testing?
2. Is there any hear of possibly extending the beta a couple of days? (not having much hope in this but just asking)

Chaoszshadow
Apr 25, 2012, 12:07 AM
Jeez just when im about to do the boss fight with the dragon >_>

TylerR3
Apr 25, 2012, 12:10 AM
Jeez just when im about to do the boss fight with the dragon >_>

Me too. We had the rare dragon and the short stumpy dragon and were waiting for another one to pop out. Then we were going to do the actual boss fight.

Sixoul
Apr 25, 2012, 12:48 AM
I'm glad that it's at 10PM but I tend to finish my essay writing and want to relax after so I wanted to play. It's a shame, the servers are down from 2PM to 6PM for japanese. I'm not sure about their schedule but I would assume some people are wanting to play from 2 to 6 pm.

Zaix
Apr 25, 2012, 01:00 AM
I have two questions:
1. Was there this many maintenance during alpha testing?
2. Is there any hear of possibly extending the beta a couple of days? (not having much hope in this but just asking)

1. The 2nd alpha test (no clue about the first) was broken into 4 testing periods. 9 hours, 8 hours, 9 hours, 36 hours. Over the course of 10 days or so. All of the maintenance happened between testing phases except once during the final 36 hour phase. It lasted for an hour.

The beta is 24/7 so they have to pull the plug to do some things.

2. No knowledge of an extension for the betas, the alpha test got extended to make up for it so maybe the beta will.

NoiseHERO
Apr 25, 2012, 01:16 AM
In other words people are complaining even though this is the most time anyone has ever gotten to play this game.

Also I dunno who it was that said "we should make PSO2 memes" but CODE: *insert random* is definitely gonna get spammed, I so called it.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 25, 2012, 01:27 AM
It's not much of complaining since I know they of good reason. But for people who say.....can't play during the day only to come home to settle down to *Server down* kind of a let down...

AzureBlaze
Apr 25, 2012, 01:51 AM
I hope they extend it.
I was in Alpha2, and they did tear it down for maint a couple of times. However, when they did, they always announced "oh well its extended an hour now that we did XX". They had to do it that way because A2 wasn't up 24/7.

The times havn't all been convenient for them either, like 2 to 6 kills 'after school fun time' and some of their night-time updates would of hit the night owls / after-work-ers pretty hard, especially since there kind of hasn't been a day without it. If it had all been in super inconvenient times for them, when "no one was going to play anyway" it would be more doubtful for an extension possibility.

With my schedule, I too, have gotten to play exactly once so far.

It's good though, because this is what this is FOR. Also, that they said they wanted to roll out the open beta asap after the closed beta closes so...I'm fine with it/will have to take a day off or something.

GrandTickler
Apr 25, 2012, 03:22 AM
please add the time zone when u talk about a certain time on the internet :(

Noel Vermillion
Apr 25, 2012, 03:28 AM
I'm in the UK is it down right now? :P Can't seem to play.

Uhh, I have a question about the cash shop, I heard you can buy PSO outfits? D:

chaos-shadow
Apr 25, 2012, 03:59 AM
I believe it's back up right now. I'm signing on.

Add me?

angelsanctus - username
chaos-shadow - character

chaos-shadow
Apr 25, 2012, 04:01 AM
D: Oh my gosh, I'm back at the start of the tutorial! Whyyyyyy. D: I was like, 20 minutes in already. ; v ;