PDA

View Full Version : Pso2 on Vita

Vampiro_X
Apr 24, 2012, 09:15 PM
All these months people have been crying for a console version to play PSO2 on and they out it on .................VITA!!!???? OMFG! Sega has lost all of my respect. Are they expecting to share servers with Vita and PC together ? I just heard about this. Talk about bad marketing. PC should be the only place for it if not on a real console. :-?

Clessy
Apr 24, 2012, 09:24 PM
Get fucking real. The phantasy star portable series was better than PSU and sold extremely well. It was one of the best selling games on PSP. Its so logical. Why do Sega fans always have to give there input? Fans are whats ruining sega. To many people giving stupid opinions. Sega didnt make its best games by listening to the opinions of anyone but themselves.

Neo Flint
Apr 24, 2012, 09:27 PM
From what I've been hearing, the Japaneses seems to prefer handhelds over consoles as of late, which is probably why it was on the Vita in the first place. Why are you so mad anyway? Is it because you don't own a Vita?

r00tabaga
Apr 24, 2012, 09:32 PM
Search function.

Bomber The Cosmonaut
Apr 24, 2012, 09:39 PM
All these months people have been crying for a console version to play PSO2 on and they out it on .................VITA!!!???? OMFG! Sega has lost all of my respect. Are they expecting to share servers with Vita and PC together ? I just heard about this. Talk about bad marketing. PC should be the only place for it if not on a real console. :-?

Mad late, lol..
Personally, I think games like these go great with handhelds. My only concern at this point is how the game will mix being "online only" with being portable. Chances are it will be WiFi only, but who knows? Maybe SEGA will make it work.

Griffin
Apr 24, 2012, 09:44 PM
If you saw how amazing the Vita is, you'd see why they put it on there. As Clessy stated, the Portable games added something great to handhelds, and they wish to continue that. I don't know how many of my friends bought a PSP just to play Phantasy Star Portable.

Dabian
Apr 25, 2012, 12:04 AM
A few things you need to consider.

-Handheld gaming is BIG in Japan. They have entire Monster Hunter/Mobage Cafes just for players to get together. Sega isn't going to forgo that market.

-The consoles of this current gen are dated. Already 7+ years old, and both are competing platforms which, given the PSU history, would be a nightmare to optimize/host on servers, assuming they can even get competing platform players to be on the same servers.

-People have been crying? On which side of the hemisphere? I'm not trying to be condescending, but you seem to assume Sega owes you firstly, a port of PSO2 over to foreign shores, and secondly, a port to your system of choice.
Do you even know how many really really want PSO2 on their Xbox? And don't give me that "X article has this many comments saying they do".

DragonXIII
Apr 25, 2012, 10:11 AM
My only hope is that the vita players can play with the PC players, and that maybe I can have my account on both. That way I can play PC at home and play it on the vita when im on the go. Cause I dont feel like having two different accounts, im a one character kind of person anyways.

MysticBruin
Apr 25, 2012, 10:14 AM
OH NOES.

Who cares? If you don't want it for Vita, don't buy it for Vita.

DayDreamer
Apr 25, 2012, 10:16 AM
Just out of curiosity, is the vita region locked?

AnnabellaRenee87
Apr 25, 2012, 10:26 AM
Just out of curiosity, is the vita region locked?

No its not, just log in with a Japanese PSN account and have fun, I have Gravity Daze on my Vita.

Only down side you have to wipe the Vita to switch PSN Accounts.

If you have a Japanese cartridge you can use your US account.

-Ryuki-
Apr 25, 2012, 10:33 AM
I personally believe it'll be a great addition to the Vita library.
It would give me reason to subscribe monthly to AT&T so I can play PSO2 on the go/anywhere.

DayDreamer
Apr 25, 2012, 11:14 AM
No its not, just log in with a Japanese PSN account and have fun, I have Gravity Daze on my Vita.

Only down side you have to wipe the Vita to switch PSN Accounts.

If you have a Japanese cartridge you can use your US account.

Well that just gave me more of a reason to buy it before pso2 comes out.
Thanks Neoistheone

Clessy
Apr 25, 2012, 11:26 AM
Just out of curiosity, is the vita region locked?Its region locked for download content. So more than likely PSO2 will be region locked out of America unless you make a JPN psn account. Also the vita is 1 user locked. So if you already started collecting tons of trophies on 1 US account you can say fuck it because you'll need to remove that account and create a japanese one instead. Its my biggest grip with my vita. Ohh the fact theres not a single game truly worth owning yet.

AnnabellaRenee87
Apr 25, 2012, 11:38 AM
Its region locked for download content. So more than likely PSO2 will be region locked out of America unless you make a JPN psn account. Also the vita is 1 user locked. So if you already started collecting tons of trophies on 1 US account you can say fuck it because you'll need to remove that account and create a japanese one instead. Its my biggest grip with my vita. Ohh the fact theres not a single game truly worth owning yet.

IDK, Gravity Daze is pretty awesome. Rayman Origins is probably the best platformer of this decade that doesn't say Mario in the title.

And there is just more stuff on the Japanese PSN Store not to mention if your a Project Diva fan then your in luck.
To me the US store is kinda bare and lacking any decent content. I have actually thought about abandoning my US PSN account and going 100% Japanese PSN Store.

Clessy
Apr 25, 2012, 11:42 AM
IDK, Gravity Daze is pretty awesome. Rayman Origins is probably the best platformer of this decade that doesn't say Mario in the title.

And there is just more stuff on the Japanese PSN Store not to mention if your a Project Diva fan then your in luck.
To me the US store is kinda bare and lacking any decent content. I have actually thought about abandoning my US PSN account and going 100% Japanese PSN Store.

Xseed releases are the only worthwhile releases on the us store. Some of falcoms games that dont have Digital Download releases in japan do in America because xseed has made almost every game they've published psn dlc. Other than that a japanese account is the way to go. However I absolutely couldnt setup a jpn account on the vita itself. It feel like you absolutely need a ps3 to make one. Which I dont have as i've given up on the ps3. I've had 3 and each time it proves to a system not worth owning if you already have blu ray player and a 360.

AnnabellaRenee87
Apr 25, 2012, 11:46 AM
Xseed releases are the only worthwhile releases on the us store. Some of falcoms games that dont have Digital Download releases in japan do in America because xseed has made almost every game they've published psn dlc. Other than that a japanese account is the way to go. However I absolutely couldnt setup a jpn account on the vita itself. It feel like you absolutely need a ps3 to make one. Which I dont have as i've given up on the ps3. I've had 3 and each time it proves to a system not worth owning if you already have blu ray player and a 360.

I totally agree with you on the PS3 part. I have one but I'm on my 360 or PC much more. I tried to find some games to play on it but 9 times out of ten its on the 360 or PC (Steam sells) and the PS3 version cost too much. Not to mention I only have one friend that has a PS3 and everyone else I know has a 360.

Anon_Fire
Apr 25, 2012, 11:50 AM

You again!

kdrakari
Apr 26, 2012, 12:23 AM
Personally I think putting the game on Vita was a great idea; assuming they can simplify or compress the data enough to play over 3G then the choice is obvious.

Besides that, I have a Vita so this sounds great. Not the 3G version though...

ashley50
Apr 26, 2012, 02:02 AM
If you don't like their idea, don't play it.