PDA

View Full Version : Your thought about current weapon skill

Archandes
Apr 25, 2012, 12:17 AM
So for everyone who already play PSO2, do you have anything to share about some weapon skill? do you think some weapon type are too strong than the other? or just too weak? Let's discuss it in here.

I had an issue with my trusty assault rifle skill set. Most skill does fine as they should, but these two skill are quite bothering me.

-Piercing shot (the 1st skill you have): My auto atk has more damage, while the projectile speed is also slow and it doesn't have any additional effect. I think dev should add more bonus damage when you atk the weakness point.

-Surprise shot: The main annoying factor in this skill is the shooting position make you hard to shoot anything in front of you. I think the character should be move slowly on crouch position, rather than crawling on the ground. Give this skill buff that reduce nearby enemy agro also is a good idea (only if you had a party).

My skill wish to be added in open beta.
Focus Shot
Description: Load the custom ammunition that deal massive damage with great velocity. The user cannot move while using this skill.
Effect: -User got extra linear aiming circle for better aiming
-The projectile travel faster than any rifle skill (except shotgun) in cbt
Power: 300 at lv 5
PP: 35

I hope someone could translate all the opinion in Japanese for the feedback later on.

taildvailn
Apr 25, 2012, 12:20 AM
Launcher Weapons in General:

Too powerful, needs to be toned down.

BIG OLAF
Apr 25, 2012, 12:23 AM
Well, when it comes to striking weapons, I'd wouldn't say that they're too strong, but rather that common, non-boss enemies are too weak. I know it's on 'Normal' difficulty, so my inference may not hold much water. We'll really have to wait and see if we can ROFLSTOMP monsters on higher difficulties before we know for sure.

NoiseHERO
Apr 25, 2012, 12:29 AM
^ this, godlance = you're invincible because EVERYONE can be thrown.

Also would be interesting if gunslash had the class based dodging instead of only hunter's step.

Too brain dead to think of other stuff, but there's more things that could be tweaked, otherwise all the weapons in general are really unique and fun. They did a trillion times better on the weapons compared to the past games. (Lookin' at you, partizan/spear.)

james_b
Apr 25, 2012, 12:33 AM
Jellen reduces damage received by too much (Although it is normal mode and we don't know how it will work on higher difficulties).

MelancholyWitch
Apr 25, 2012, 12:37 AM
Rifle normal damage is way too weak even the extra attacks are just too low I don't know why but it seems like to me they are trying to make it like the mechguns ? lots of hits but low damage? I don't really get why an aoe based weapon hits much harder than a single target one. Sure a rocket launcher should do more damage than a rifle in real life, but from our knowledge in pso a rifle should be doing a lot more damage. Either launcher needs to go down or rifle needs to go up.

Enforcer MKV
Apr 25, 2012, 12:41 AM
Rifle normal damage is way too weak even the extra attacks are just too low I don't know why but it seems like to me they are trying to make it like the mechguns ? lots of hits but low damage? I don't really get why an aoe based weapon hits much harder than a single target one. Sure a rocket launcher should do more damage than a rifle in real life, but from our knowledge in pso a rifle should be doing a lot more damage. Either launcher needs to go down or rifle needs to go up.

Please don't nerf my launcher. D:

I'm sure everything would be be fine if you just up the damage on the rifle...please?

....Ok, but in all seriousness, totally agree. Rifle just feels a bit....weak.

Eggobandit
Apr 25, 2012, 12:44 AM
Launcher:
*I really don't know about launcher right now, but it feels pretty balanced. Launcher is the hardest RA weapon to use right now because almost all of its PA shells require some sort of situational gimmick. For example enemies may move out of Crackershot before it does its real damage, so they have to be still. Clusterbomb has a big learning curve because you have to shoot it in the air. The one where you dash and blow the launcher in their face requires you to be at the right range so you dont overshoot or get hit. I think the only thing that needs to be nerfed about Launcher right now is that the giant Reload delay after the 3-hit combo you get while grounded does not exist while airborne, so you can shoot shells much faster. They need to fix that.***

Wired Lance moves
*....I wouldn't call them OP at the moment. The electrocute one seems pretty powerful but it requires you to be still. The BIGGEST thing about the Wired Lance attacks is that they're all mostly Grab Type moves, which means most of them are alot less useful against Bosses.

Gunslash- *Thrillsplosion is definitely 100% the DEFINITION of 'completely OP'. Enuff said. The explosion does too much damage. I simply think they overlooked the multiplier on it. It's like Anga Jarboga if it only had a 0.5 second delay and was able to be done multiple times in succession.

Partisan- Speed Slash seems to be the biggest canadate for "op" but it honestly doesn't really do that much damage. The delay on partisan moves and the requirements to charge is usually enough to stop spam. They have GREAT AoE damage but i dont think they're that great 1v1. The AoE attack (spinning one) has ridiculous range with Gear and its supposed to, but i think it kind of makes you untouchable at a certain point.

Sword -Everything feels fine here, because the most damaging moves with Sword require the Gear to be full, and the gear is notoriously hard to keep up unless you're doing really good or have a huge amount of enemies to fight. Cruel Stab does CRAZY damage but doesn't work on anything that can't be grabbed.

Techniques -None of them really feel underpowered or OP. They all work the way they should, really. Forces have really limited attacks but they hit weakpoints easier than ANY other class in the game. You can aim Rafoie at Ragne's weakpoint and do maximum damage every time. You can aim Foie/Rafoie at Rockbears head and do max damage too. You can easily freeze the Dragon from a distance with cards. Any shortcomings they have with techniques are easily balanced by their strongpoints. Forces feel really great in this game.

Random notes:

^ Im guessing its a bug or forumla screwup? But Jellen is COMPLETELY freaking op. it turns bosses into a joke.

^ Weakshot...i dont know whether to call it OP or just really really good. A ranger can get a boss dropped dangerously quick with a well-placed weakshot.

Hrith
Apr 25, 2012, 12:45 AM
Also would be interesting if gunslash had the class based dodging instead of only hunter's step.Isn't that based on the weapon you hold, and not your class?

I'm sorry OP, but you are mistaken about Sneak Shoot, it's an amazing PA to take out single targets and rape bosses' weak spots.

I fail to see how launchers are 'too powerful', I clear missions faster using rifles.

The only comment I have - and not literally a complaint - is that one weapon can do anything. In PSO and PSU, you were carrying different weapons to face different situations: single target, large group of small monsters, big monsters, bosses, enemies resistant to a type of damage, weapons to apply SEs, etc.
So far, the rifle can do all of those because the PAs are so different. I do not know what the other ranged weapon types are, but seeing the rifle can do just about everything...

Archandes
Apr 25, 2012, 12:53 AM
I'm sorry OP, but you are mistaken about Sneak Shoot, it's an amazing PA to take out single targets and rape bosses' weak spots.

I don't say sneak shoot is underpowered (who don't like constant 1k dmg on bosses anyway) but the current shooting position make its awkward and hard to aim on smaller enemy (Sometimes you keep shooting ground even though u aim it on the enemy head). Using crouch animation will make this skill much more useful and good looking, while you can easily aim most target size even with lowest height character.

I fail to see how launchers are 'too powerful', I clear missions faster using rifles.

Launcher are "that" powerfull. I have launcher that only has 170 atk comparing to my 220 atk rifle. The launcher does constant 200-400 AOE dmg skillspam, outgunning my rifle at multiple target hit (sometimes even single target hit).

GrandTickler
Apr 25, 2012, 12:58 AM
yeah launchers are too powerful, machine guns too weak. lance seem useless against bosses

MelancholyWitch
Apr 25, 2012, 12:58 AM
1 normal attack from launcher hits enemy for 250 damage

1 normal attack from rifle hits enemy 3x20 =60

Math may have not been my strongest subject but i'd say that's a pretty huge difference considering the weapons are of the same rarity/element/+. (And that's being really generous to the rifle seeing as I remember doing 20 damage from just attacks not normal ones....)

GrandTickler
Apr 25, 2012, 01:03 AM

Math may have not been my strongest subject but i'd say that's a pretty huge difference considering the weapons are of the same rarity/element/+. (And that's being really generous to the rifle seeing as I remember doing 20 damage from just attacks not normal ones....)

yeah there should only be like a 25%-50% difference imo. (rifle lower damage because it alows u to move while shooting and launchers not)

Eggobandit
Apr 25, 2012, 01:04 AM
if your rifle is doing only 20 dmg from just attacks, and you're higher leveled, then you're doing something very wrong.

Rifle's regular attacks are fast, all of its PAs are fast, its versatile and can put out a ton of damage if you are aiming for the right spots.

Launcher is SUPPOSED to do more damage at the cost of being less mobile and more risky. Depending on the enemy you are fighting, launcher or rifle will average most damage, because although launcher has alot more base attack, its easier to wiff on moving targets.

I use rifle when i need to move, and switch to launcher to pound on weakpoints.

Hrith
Apr 25, 2012, 01:04 AM
I deal more damage with Diffuse Bullet (usually 450) than with Divine Launcher (usually 400), and my launcher has more R-ATK than my rifle, but even Grenade Shell (usually 350 damage) is better, because it is faster, costs less PP and can be more easily used from an airborne position.
I think you have not taken speed into account. Damage =/= DPS.

As for Sneak Shoot, I have not had that problem, but I mostly use it against bosses.

Math may have not been my strongest subject but i'd say that's a pretty huge difference considering the weapons are of the same rarity/element/+. (And that's being really generous to the rifle seeing as I remember doing 20 damage from just attacks not normal ones....)I do not know about maths, but I deal 40-50 damage with regular rifle bullets and 170-180 with regular launcher shells, but rifles are faster.
I thought rifles fired four times per salvo, not three, but even if it is only three times, they win in DPS.

MelancholyWitch
Apr 25, 2012, 01:12 AM
I want to see you do more than that damage I just stated with a rifle, actually I'd like to see you do any damage over 80 on rifle (Excluding PA's obviously), doing something wrong? No I'm basing these off lower stat weapons not the best ones in the game, and for weapons of the same strength and different category to have such a huge difference in damage... something's wrong here, I don't think it was intended for you to solo the event city mission as a lvl 12-15 ranger, which was made possible by the launcher.

NoiseHERO
Apr 25, 2012, 01:13 AM
Isn't that based on the weapon you hold, and not your class?

PotAYto, PotAHto

I'm obviously just saying in general, it'd be more interesting if say for an example force did their magical pimp glide, and rangers did their dodge roll, instead of treating gunslash like it's solely a hunter weapon. Or better yet if the dodge move was dependent on class instead of the weapon in general (as if saying that would make a difference.)

MelancholyWitch
Apr 25, 2012, 01:16 AM
I agree I think the gunslash should be based upon your class dodge, not on the weapon it doesn't make much sense to me but who knows maybe they have it designed so that the ability comes from the weapon and not the class, but I was under the impression it was the other way around.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 25, 2012, 01:38 AM
yeah launchers are too powerful, machine guns too weak. lance seem useless against bosses

if by lance you mean partisan i don't agree with you.

once partisan gets that "drill" attack where you kick your partisan into the sky and then jump up really high and slam down to earth in a drill like motion (complete with a drilling sound), it gets really op imo.

mainly because you can use this attack to very easily attack weak points on most boss monsters. it works especially well on dragon's horns / mecha spider's behind of the head.

foreignreign
Apr 25, 2012, 01:40 AM
Talis need an overhaul.

The novelty of casting from them is nice, but very rarely are you able to actually use that to any effect, outside of being able to actually use Razonde.

They need to make each thrown card last permanently until you throw another or put the weapon away. Then make holding down shift allow you to cast from the card, otherwise you cast on yourself.

NoiseHERO
Apr 25, 2012, 01:49 AM
But it was cool throwing a card, moving to safety and aiming foies at a Rockbears face at an impossible angle. D:

They DO still feel kinda tricky to use, like you have to have the perfect set up to hit a monster at full force. But when you do, it feels awesome. D:

Enforcer MKV
Apr 25, 2012, 02:03 AM

I honestly wouldn't say Launchers are too powerful, but machine guns definitely need a boost in power. No, I'm not just saying this because I'm a ranger.

Launchers can't be fired on the move, which leaves you vulnerable. That's one of the rifle's biggest boons: you can defend yourself whilst moving. The launcher is for more powerful attacks when you can afford to stand still. But when you need mobility, you go with the rifle.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 25, 2012, 02:07 AM
i can agree with dat enforcer over there up to a point, since RANGERS LEAD THE WAYYY *shoves you away and then shoots you and claims it's proper cqc* in all calm discussion.

launchers have huge range. i think they have longer range than rifles/gunslash. you can snipe with rockets which makes me laugh. all i really do on my ranger is stay far, far away, and if the enemy gets close, i switch to gunslash and flee, then switch back to launcher.

oh man this is totally irrelevant but i really like how if you dodge you don't get lag hit or anything. you have to physically get hit in order to get hit. your player isn't "still there" in the same spot even if you dodge. it's amazing.

foreignreign
Apr 25, 2012, 02:15 AM
But it was cool throwing a card, moving to safety and aiming foies at a Rockbears face at an impossible angle. D:

They DO still feel kinda tricky to use, like you have to have the perfect set up to hit a monster at full force. But when you do, it feels awesome. D:

With Mirage Escape's super invincibility frames... there aren't many times where you need to run to safety really.

The only time I really like the proxy effect of cards is for Resta. Otherwise I just use a Rod for casting.

NoiseHERO
Apr 25, 2012, 02:24 AM
With Mirage Escape's super invincibility frames... there aren't many times where you need to run to safety really.

The only time I really like the proxy effect of cards is for Resta. Otherwise I just use a Rod for casting.

More shooting, less right trigger (My dodge button) More laughing at Rockbear's blown off face!

Eggobandit
Apr 25, 2012, 02:40 AM
Talis doesn't really need much work. It's for using spells in ways safely that were not previously possible. Razonde, Gifoie, and most of the ice spells are perfect for it. Projectile spells really dont have a place with Talis.

And you dont have to cast from the card, you can still use the attack feature to get PP and cast normally.

foreignreign
Apr 25, 2012, 03:00 AM
Talis doesn't really need much work. It's for using spells in ways safely that were not previously possible. Razonde, Gifoie, and most of the ice spells are perfect for it. Projectile spells really dont have a place with Talis.

And you dont have to cast from the card, you can still use the attack feature to get PP and cast normally.

All of the techs pretty much do the same damage, really. Like you can cast an equal level Barta and do the same about of damage as an equal level Rabarta. The only difference being multi-hit spells being able to inflict status better maybe, but against bosses that doesn't matter too much (especially if a boss is already status'd from your spells), if you're even able to status the boss. I've actually yet to see Dark Ragne burned despite it being weak to Foie (although I have seen Vol Dragon's legs frozen). And there also aren't innate character/class boosts to certain levels of tech like there are for PSO, and there aren't merges *yet* so there's that too.

Razonde being the worst spell, imo. Like... for single targets you can just use Zonde with half the effort and easier range access. For groups you can just use Gizonde with half the effort and less micro-managing. Yeah you might need to herd a bit for optimal Gizonde but... for Razonde + Talis you're going to herd anyway. In fact you have to herd for group Razonde to be useful.

And yeah you can still cast from your weapon and just attack for PP but... you still have to wait for the card to come back, or switch weapons.

Eggobandit
Apr 25, 2012, 03:30 AM
my rafoie does more damage than my Foie, Gibarta and Rabarta are somewhat hard to tell apart but Gibarta has one of the highest tech power modifiers so far. It's hard to judge the Zonde class because there ARE no enemies weak to lightning yet.

But in terms of Razonde's effectiveness....yeah, the AoE range on that move is unparalleled if you are using Talis correctly. You can get at least 2-3 charges off.

Having to wait a second or two for the card to retract is worth the risk of having to manually whack with a rod, or the time of waiting. Actually, it's probably faster than both.

GrandTickler
Apr 25, 2012, 03:33 AM
I honestly wouldn't say Launchers are too powerful, but machine guns definitely need a boost in power. No, I'm not just saying this because I'm a ranger.

Launchers can't be fired on the move, which leaves you vulnerable. That's one of the rifle's biggest boons: you can defend yourself whilst moving. The launcher is for more powerful attacks when you can afford to stand still. But when you need mobility, you go with the rifle.

im a ranger too, and if u jump + shoot (which i find myself almost do non stop) that makes u unable to hit most of the time by alot of monsters lol and sometimes u can even pump out 5 or 6 shots in 1 combo without having to reload.

moorebounce
Apr 25, 2012, 03:36 AM

Man who you tellin. My first run in with like 3 or 4 in a party with launchers nearly blinded me. My whole screen went yellow on me. Sega needs to cut the damage at least in half and make it where it doesn't combo.

AlphaDragoon
Apr 25, 2012, 03:49 AM
The Gunslash seems fine to me with the exception for Thrillsplosion, that move is pretty OP. I do think it's weak that Gunslashes don't get a Gear function like Sword/Wired Lance/Partisan do.

Eggobandit
Apr 25, 2012, 03:58 AM
Man who you tellin. My first run in with like 3 or 4 in a party with launchers nearly blinded me. My whole screen went yellow on me. Sega needs to cut the damage at least in half and make it where it doesn't combo.

And then they are utterly useless

Gunslash doesnt really need a gear, it's a saber and a gun in one what else can one ask for

Enforcer MKV
Apr 25, 2012, 04:04 AM
im a ranger too, and if u jump + shoot (which i find myself almost do non stop) that makes u unable to hit most of the time by alot of monsters lol and sometimes u can even pump out 5 or 6 shots in 1 combo without having to reload.

Yeah, I know. I find it's fun to get on a high point and jump into a group of enemies with a launcher while yelling "BANZAI!" Though, most of the smaller enemies are just fodder, anyways. Keep in mind, we don't know where the game leads after this, plus we don't know how difficult Hard mode is (which is supposed to be a feature of the full game, when it's released, from what I understand). We might need that power that launchers have. Besides, bosses are another concern, they're often accompanied by smaller mobs, and it's annoying when the smaller ones are swarming you; you can't hit the boss because of all the smaller folk in front of you. And if you aggro the boss? The launcher becomes all but useless when you have to move and shoot.

Yeah, the launcher is hella powerful. But there's a reason for that power. I think it'd be wrong to take that away. It's an advantage that helps everyone out, not just the ranger. Especially if you have hunters who know how to keep the focus of larger enemies on them and off of you. I just wish we had more of the game to see, so we didn't have to run off so many assumptions.

AlphaDragoon
Apr 25, 2012, 04:34 AM
Gunslash doesnt really need a gear, it's a saber and a gun in one what else can one ask for

For it to not be treated like the red-headed stepchild of the Hunter weapons (and it IS a Hunter weapon, despite being used by other classes). They already make the weapon and its PAs even harder to find than other weapons, they don't need to gimp it on that too.

Eggobandit
Apr 25, 2012, 05:05 AM
It's an all-purpose weapon.

It's the Saber or the Handgun from PSO. Or the Saber+Handgun combo from PSU (played straight). It's a vanilla weapon, usable by all classes, and it gives everyone the basic functions: attack and shoot. It doesn't have a gear because it isn't a hunter weapon. it's just the 2 basic weapon types of the series combined into one.

Crystal_Shard
Apr 25, 2012, 06:48 AM
On launchers...

My first experience with using launchers with my Ranger was basically:

*finds the baseline launcher while using the Sniper
Me: Hmm, this character is going to main rifles, but it can't hurt to play around with a launcher from time to time.
*equips launcher and starts slaughtering enemies
Me: ...
Me: ... uh, well I suppose it's bad at CQC right?
*shoots at ground, all nearby enemies go flying.
Me: ...wtf

Also, me as a Force player with about 2-3 other rangers nearby all using launchers.
Me: (Surrounded by too many explosions that don't use PP) ... High level Rafoie had better end up being a bloody huge nuclear explosion...

Launchers are fun to play, but I can't find any weakness to them at the moment, and if there are enough launchers in a single room, what do you need Forces for then? The room sometimes gets cleared before I can set off a tech on occasion. I'm not in favour of a major nerf per se, but they need to add a few more weaknesses to the launcher, maybe something like having it drain PP, a slower fire rate, etc, etc, or maybe just bring up the damage of the rifle and weapons/techs in a similar category.

Eggobandit
Apr 25, 2012, 07:08 AM
You can say the same about anything in the game. If there are too many partisans/swords/rifles/launchers/rafoie whats the use for anything else

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 25, 2012, 02:36 PM
You can say the same about anything in the game. If there are too many partisans/swords/rifles/launchers/rafoie whats the use for anything else

it'd be quite a sight to see an entire party of partisan gear gauge users all time their 360 aoe attack to sweep up mobs.

kdrakari
Apr 26, 2012, 12:46 AM

The difference being, I've run into situations where 1 launcher is that "too many" point where I couldn't even reach the enemies before they all died from exploding. The problem with the launcher is that it's really good against groups, but the time it takes to start and end a combo is the only weakness and not only is that not very bad, it can be pretty much ignored by jumping.

Personally, it's not THAT much stronger than anything else. It can kill a group faster than I can reach it because it is designed for burst AoE damage, so killing a lot of basic enemies quick is expected. The main issue is that people who play with a launcher will most directly compare it to a rifle, which is pretty obviously much weaker AT LOW LEVELS. Once you unlock the active skills from the skill tree the rifle becomes a nice and diverse support weapon capable of many different things. Still would prefer the original rifle to a mechgun with added features though...

jmanx
Apr 26, 2012, 12:52 AM

LOL BOOM 800+

I do not think rifles are weak at any case, I simply use my rifle because I can do 450 dmg when I use the shot gun special in a proper rhythm combo. I can get 2 450s in than I can get 1 one Explosion launcher special in. I simply use launchers for sniping. And they are alot slower and I cant shoot birds with it lols

Reia
Apr 26, 2012, 12:57 AM
^
This!

I really like using sneak shot a lot, has a very high DPS (even more than launcher if gear is equalled) if you head shot with a just attack, the problem of it in CBT is not that the PA is weak but how hard is to get a decent rifle compared to the launchers (Found like over 100 of the same launcher I have 50% Element slotted and +10) and Rifles? Only Found proper element like 3 times...

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i47.tinypic.com/soltl4.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Launchers. I think the damage is too OP. Anybody playing Quake or Unreal series FPS can easily use it since they are used at aiming with that bullet speed. Make a reload animation in the air. I suggest that, Increase the PA modifier but reduce the weapon damage. What is OP is not the PA spam but the fact that everyone "jump just attack" or ground "just attack spam" with it like Dus Majarra in PSU Vanilla until Suplemental Update when it was introduced ORZ!

Wired Lance: Don't make the animation so fast and flashy!! IT MAKES ME HARD TO AIM WHEN A HUNTARD SPAMS THE PA OF THAT THING! D:

jmanx
Apr 26, 2012, 01:00 AM
if you do a 1 2 3 combo properly ending it with shotgun you can do tons of dmg really quickly on rifles

kdrakari
Apr 26, 2012, 01:01 AM
[SPOILER-BOX]http://i47.tinypic.com/soltl4.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Off-topic, but how do you have 4 weapons equipped?

Reia
Apr 26, 2012, 01:02 AM
@jmanx: The shotgun has a delay like the grenade Photon Art, But It has a "cone radius" Its very easy to get 3-4 enemies trapped in that and overdamage than the grenade launcher if you're used to that weapon's zoning. Tip: Aim higher than the monsters chest in general, that will make all the scattershot score a headshot on everything.

@kdrakari: Koffie has a client order that extends your palette from 3 to 6.

goldwing
Apr 26, 2012, 01:04 AM
@jmanx: The shotgun has a delay like the grenade Photon Art, But It has a "cone radius" Its very easy to get 3-4 enemies trapped in that and overdamage than the grenade launcher if you're used to that weapon's zoning. Tip: Aim higher than the monsters chest in general, that will make all the scattershot score a headshot.

@kdrakari: Koffie has a client order that extends your palette from 3 to 6.

headshots really make a diff?

Reia
Apr 26, 2012, 01:08 AM
Yes, 200-250% damage bonus, And 50% extra boost if it critical hits and 10-50% extra boost if its elemental weakness, making a total multiplier of 400-500% on critical hits and 1500% Rack highest on weak shot (Make the cooldown longer!)!

Looking forward with more enemies with no elemental weakness like Vol Dragon, it started making me work on ATA strong neutral weapons.

goldwing
Apr 26, 2012, 01:13 AM
hmmm. i knew it counted on vol dragon and even noticed it on the rock bear but didnt know for all. well thats a cool little tidbit. sorta like wiggling your control stick helps you wake up faster when your dizzy

Archandes
Apr 26, 2012, 01:16 AM
With super fast PP charging and almost 600 dmg shotgun spam, rifle are generally balance. I still just don't like the crawling position on sneak shot since it's awkward in most situation (the terain factor, bad angle, doesn't give any adv, and the enemy are like "wtf dood" when they saw u). The only good things is that you can see your character panties when you cast this skill.

Srsly they really need to change the animation into crouch.

Reia
Apr 26, 2012, 01:19 AM
Its true about the bullet pattern changing, so the direction of it, I think It's a great PA once you master to aim it with Just attack, but If I side a bit more with the hardcore on RPG but casuals at Shooters, plzmakethebulletspeedfaster? :3

So far my only missing with it is because of RIGHT CLICK HARDURR HUNTER SPAMMING ALL THOSE PAs D:!

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 26, 2012, 01:22 AM
Yes, 200-250% damage bonus, And 50% extra boost if it critical hits and 10-50% extra boost if its elemental weakness, making a total multiplier of 400-500% on critical hits and 1500% Rack highest on weak shot (Make the cooldown longer!)!

Looking forward with more enemies with no elemental weakness like Vol Dragon, it started making me work on ATA strong neutral weapons.

wow, i never knew headshots made a damage difference. that actually adds more incentive to aim accurately, which i like. for some reason i never noticed this :I

Reia
Apr 26, 2012, 01:24 AM
wow, i never knew headshots made a damage difference. that actually adds more incentive to aim accurately, which i like. for some reason i never noticed this :I

Z to aim manually ftw!

Borderlands headshot gimmick ahoy! Hence why I luv'd my Mordecai so bad. (Got a passive skill in that game that boosted the damage multiplier on headshots)

NoiseHERO
Apr 26, 2012, 01:31 AM

Not just head shots (though the most obvious spot IS the head)

But if you've ever played lost planet, the bright orange parts on the akrid-I mean darkers are obvious weak spots as well. (In fact, I hate playing in TPS mode, because then this game looks and almost plays EXACTLY like Lost Planet 2.)

Every monster has multiple weakpoints, or special ways they can be attacked, including elemental attacks that affect certain body parts(like freezing the dragon's leg) shooting rock's that monkeys pick up, or breaking off horns and limbs from a monster.

This game has pretty much EVERYthing from all of my favorite games, what I'm talking about in this post alone already covers Zelda and Lost Planet. Maybe a little shadow of the colossus but we're not COMPLETELY climbing bosses yet.

Reia
Apr 26, 2012, 01:35 AM
Maybe a little shadow of the colossus but we're not COMPLETELY climbing bosses yet.

Getting on bosses back to Just attack the weak points reminds me of the Sword timing you got to do for stabbing the colossi thought. xD

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 26, 2012, 02:20 AM
Getting on bosses back to Just attack the weak points reminds me of the Sword timing you got to do for stabbing the colossi thought. xD

why wait for them to become climbable when you can just spam the partisan drill attack looool. such a broken pa. and i love every bit of it.

Arika
Apr 26, 2012, 03:24 AM
I prefer if the launcher damage not get any nerf in damage, because Bazooka supposed to hit hard and do big. But I prefer it to be slower so that rifle can be little more shine/ Or add more risk such as unable to roll or can't pause in the air when jump shoot.

Current situation is that you can use launcher for high AoE damage, and you are still very easy to dodge attack. Make it pretty much too powerful.

[nowadays it is way too easy to solo with launcher because when you jump up in the air and shoot AoE, you are pretty much very safe from any counter attack.]

Priest
Apr 26, 2012, 03:37 AM
I don't see why launchers don't damage multiple parts of an enemy, like dark ragnes legs. That's a huge explosion, should damage each one within its radius, IMO.

Enforcer MKV
Apr 26, 2012, 03:40 AM
I prefer if the launcher damage not get any nerf in damage, because Bazooka supposed to hit hard and do big. But I prefer it to be slower so that rifle can be little more shine/ Or add more risk such as unable to roll or can't pause in the air when jump shoot.

Current situation is that you can use launcher for high AoE damage, and you are still very easy to dodge attack. Make it pretty much too powerful.

[nowadays it is way too easy to solo with launcher because when you jump up in the air and shoot AoE, you are pretty much very safe from any counter attack.]

....hey, idea. how about removing the ability to jump altogether? Just say the weight makes it impractical.

njdss4
Apr 26, 2012, 03:46 AM

I don't know if I totally agree with you on that one. Launchers shoot slow and seem to take a lifetime to let you move after firing. There's a tradeoff to getting that extra damage.

I think the rifle's basic shot is a bit underpowered, tbh. The regular shot damage from it is minimal and only seems to serve as a way to restore your PP so that you can use your weapon skills, most of which ARE useful (Grenade Shot and Shotgun Blast). I don't like the Piercing Shot (what you start with) or the one where you crawl around on the floor, though. They don't seem to do enough damage to be worth trying to aim the darn thing.

Gunblade is nice, I really like the ranged damage, but it could use better skills. Maybe I just haven't found them all, but I seem to only have one gunblade ability that has any sort of range to it, which is Thrillsplosion.

Reia
Apr 26, 2012, 03:47 AM
....hey, idea. how about removing the ability to jump altogether? Just say the weight makes it impractical.

I still say they should add a reload animation or make it fire slower on the air.

djizomdjinn
Apr 26, 2012, 05:22 AM
I still say they should add a reload animation or make it fire slower on the air.

Just make it impossible to fire in the air? I do think it fires way too fast though, for its damage output.

NoiseHERO
Apr 26, 2012, 12:12 PM
I like being able to jump shot bosses in the face with the launcher.

I feel like Space Harrier. D:

Triple_S
Apr 26, 2012, 01:39 PM
Only nerf launchers need is removing the ability to negate reloading by staying in the air. The assault rifle still has to reload after three aerial attacks, the launcher should as well.