PDA

View Full Version : I feel like they really need to kick up the Emergency Event things.

foreignreign
Apr 25, 2012, 03:13 AM
Not necessarily in difficulty or frequency, but make them happen together more often.

And not just the boss monster spawns. Because those seem to like to happen one after another quite a bit.

But... the funji/barrier thing. Why doesn't that one happen more? I feel like they're really missing something by not having it appear during boss fights, because if multiple of them happened at once while 8+ people were fighting a boss... now that would be intense.

Sure I guess it would suck since the abducted people would be out of the fight for quite a bit, but then if they made the portals prioritize Forces... maybe people would actually regroup against a boss. Would make for much more interesting dynamics.

Or let bosses actually run away when they're low on HP, and have the sealed door missions pop up to protect the boss while it tries to escape. Or, with the barrier removal/key collection seal, spawn a boss with one of the keys, since there always seems to be a monster holding the last one.

Or maybe they do plan on doing these kinds of things, it's just since these are normal/early missions, they don't want to test us too hard.

Please prove me wrong, SEGA.

BIG OLAF
Apr 25, 2012, 03:17 AM
....what? Whenever I'm doing a run, I get waaay too many of those damn Interrupt Events. It gets kind of aggravating sometimes, truthfully. Especially when it's a "Collect" event, and we have to run all the way to the corner of Jabip and West Bumblefuck to get those block/keys.

If anything, I say that they correlate the amount of events you get with how many real (not bot) players are in your party...unless they already do that.

foreignreign
Apr 25, 2012, 03:20 AM
....what? Whenever I'm doing a run, I get waaay too many of those damn Interrupt Events. It gets kind of aggravating sometimes, truthfully. Especially when it's a "Collect" event, and we have to run all the way to the corner of Jabip and West Bumblefuck to get those block/keys.

If anything, I say that they correlate the amount of events you get with how many real (not bot) players are in your party...unless they already do that.

It feels to me like they do.

In a solo run on an empty block, I can run straight to Vol Dragon and only get like... 2-3 events I'd say?

GrandTickler
Apr 25, 2012, 03:31 AM

lmao

but ehm they happen enough imo, just perfect :)
they seem to happen alot more in higher level maps and exploration maps

Resanoca
Apr 25, 2012, 03:33 AM

If anything, I say that they correlate the amount of events you get with how many real (not bot) players are in your party...unless they already do that.Funny thing about the collection one. The barrier that goes up... The last 2 keys were on the other side of it. So we couldn't do a damn thing. Then the servers went down.

'TIS A SIGN!

moorebounce
Apr 25, 2012, 03:43 AM
I don't think you should have emergency events unless you're in a party. At least don't use a major boss in any of the events unless you're in a party. I'm tired of getting the emergency Vol Dragon in the caves in some small corner where I'm fighting the camera more than the dragon.

Resanoca
Apr 25, 2012, 03:46 AM
Aside the camara(Not having an issue), I rather like it when a boss shows up in a tight spot area. Makes it a bit more...intense?

Mag-X
Apr 25, 2012, 10:52 AM
Funny thing about the collection one. The barrier that goes up... The last 2 keys were on the other side of it. So we couldn't do a damn thing. Then the servers went down.

'TIS A SIGN!

OMG. I hate when the wall goes up and cuts you off from the rest of the party, so you just have to sit and wait for them finish the event.

Griffin
Apr 25, 2012, 11:03 AM
I get too many of them. We had to fight FOUR Vol Dragons back to back, not including the one at the end of the Exploration Map.

Clessy
Apr 25, 2012, 11:28 AM
I've never had the emergancy stage at all and maybe every 10 runs I will get an enemergacy event. I wonder why the server hates me. Is it because I try to find the absolutely least crowded server with no people on it? If the servers could handle tons of people i'd always be on a busy block but, frank these servers suck dick.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 25, 2012, 02:29 PM
I've never had the emergancy stage at all and maybe every 10 runs I will get an enemergacy event. I wonder why the server hates me. Is it because I try to find the absolutely least crowded server with no people on it? If the servers could handle tons of people i'd always be on a busy block but, frank these servers suck dick.

i'm pretty sure that the more players you have the more emergency codes you run in to.

but im with olaf, that stupid collect one is the worst. i think we got it like 6 times. it was funny because right before it came this dood was like "here comes a code collect" and then 20 seconds late-EMERGENCY: CODE, COLLECT :I

Kazzi
Apr 25, 2012, 02:31 PM
Back in my day we called those Initiate events /blahblah

I thought you were referring to the Arks Ship being invaded and the access to the Urban area, which I would love to see more of I'm lucky if I catch it once a day.

Ce'Nedra
Apr 25, 2012, 04:43 PM
Still haven't seen that one at all....probably cause it never appears between 8-11pm gmt+1 I assume

Polantaris
Apr 25, 2012, 06:09 PM
.If anything, I say that they correlate the amount of events you get with how many real (not bot) players are in your party...unless they already do that.

The entire game scales in that way. Soloing(As in only real person) gets you less mobs, less codes, and easier boss runs. Both the Rockbear and the Lizard thing are only 1 during their respective quests if you're by yourself, 2 if you have others. It's this way for everything. You get less stuff if you're solo, probably to help you out because when I'm with other people there tends to be HUGE spawns (Like 15+ monsters at once in really populated Multi-Play areas).

So yeah...if you do the Emergency quests, do it with at least one other person for the full experience.

Kazzi
Apr 25, 2012, 07:45 PM
Still haven't seen that one at all....probably cause it never appears between 8-11pm gmt+1 I assume

I caught it at 3am GMT and 11am GMT. Those are the only times they've come up for me.

Mike
Apr 25, 2012, 08:34 PM
Funny thing about the collection one. The barrier that goes up... The last 2 keys were on the other side of it. So we couldn't do a damn thing.
Ran in to one of those the other night. It was terrible. Two or three parties were just sitting around doing nothing when the server decided to spawn a key where we could get it.

OMG. I hate when the wall goes up and cuts you off from the rest of the party, so you just have to sit and wait for them finish the event.
Some events will spawn target enemies on both sides of the wall.

goldwing
Apr 25, 2012, 08:49 PM
Are you kidding me? I solo all the time and run into codes 24/7 most of them bosses one after the next followed by collect followed by elemination rinse lather repeat. No joke. I should ss it for you

Demon-
Apr 25, 2012, 11:56 PM
Yeah those emergency codes pop up enough as it is. If anything they should tone it down a little.

Especially when it's a "Collect" event, and we have to run all the way to the corner of Jabip and West Bumblefuck to get those block/keys.LOL yeah that one is by far my least favorite. I hate running all over for those damn things.

Funny thing about the collection one. The barrier that goes up... The last 2 keys were on the other side of it. So we couldn't do a damn thing. Then the servers went down.

'TIS A SIGN!I ran into that once too but after a few mins I got a random disconnect. A sign indeed!

Sipher Mashai
Apr 26, 2012, 12:00 AM
Apparently someone got caught by a Funji and a Vol Dragon spawned inside with him.

Resanoca
Apr 26, 2012, 12:12 AM
Apparently someone got caught by a Funji and a Vol Dragon spawned inside with him.
I have to ask. Did he stay alive long enough for people to save him? Or did you fail that code? xD

Reia
Apr 26, 2012, 12:13 AM
I think I almost timed out because 3 times my partners got trapped by the void! EMERGENCY CODE: RESCUE! orz

goldwing
Apr 26, 2012, 12:13 AM
i wanna know the answer to that as well

~Inu~
Apr 26, 2012, 12:24 AM
I enjoy being attacked by bosses over and over, the only thing i'd have to point out for the dungeon runners is that I've had plenty of times when somebody in the party was on a timed client order and wasn't too happy about never finishing on time.
I think being able to go to a multi-party area without a mission (like going down to Ragol without selecting a mission in PSO) would be a nice feature for those of us who just want to run around hoping to get attacked by bosses over and over.

MegaZoneXE
Apr 26, 2012, 12:27 AM
CODE.................:COLLECTION( for the 10th time)....................dammit

P.S. Y U NO PSE BURST DURING CHANGE OVER MISTER ANNOUCER!?!?

goldwing
Apr 26, 2012, 12:51 AM
CODE.................:COLLECTION( for the 10th time)....................dammit

P.S. Y U NO PSE BURST DURING CHANGE OVER MISTER ANNOUCER!?!?

god ik the feeling... i hate that code with a passion!!!!

BIG OLAF
Apr 26, 2012, 12:52 AM
I get a big rise out of being assaulted by multiple bosses while running through a mission. That definitely shouldn't be changed in my opinion.

I find it hilarious when there's a CODE: DUEL and like two CODE: ATTACKs going on at once, though. Flinging a Breeada into Dark Ragne is silly.

Cavistus
Apr 26, 2012, 02:40 AM
Me and two other fellas ran into two breeadahs and a rockbear at the same time. After we completed both of the codes, they both switched, and we had a DOUBLE change over code: duel.

two dark ragne's spawned.

it took us about 20-30 minutes to kill them, and two other parties came to help as well.

needless to say, it was one of the most epic fucking experiences i've had so far. even though this game is free, i STILL want to throw money at my screen

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 26, 2012, 02:49 AM
Me and two other fellas ran into two breeadahs and a rockbear at the same time. After we completed both of the codes, they both switched, and we had a DOUBLE change over code: duel.

two dark ragne's spawned.

it took us about 20-30 minutes to kill them, and two other parties came to help as well.

needless to say, it was one of the most epic fucking experiences i've had so far. even though this game is free, i STILL want to throw money at my screen

the double boss madness is definitely a thing that everybody seems to enjoy. including myself.

Sev
Apr 26, 2012, 09:12 AM
Just because I want it to be clear, I've never really gotten a boss spawn outside of multi-party areas. And with the same collections, they generally take 30 seconds to complete. Everyone notices the AFK's hanging out in those areas waiting on boss spawns, and their presence unfortunately has an affect on where the keycards come in.

And I enjoy running from the orb of death that sticks you in the rescue missions. I had someone chasing me down and making running commenrary the other day. Lol

FerrPSO
Apr 26, 2012, 10:09 AM
I enjoy being attacked by bosses over and over, the only thing i'd have to point out for the dungeon runners is that I've had plenty of times when somebody in the party was on a timed client order and wasn't too happy about never finishing on time.

If you are just interested in clear cant you just run of the emergency zone?
It would just mean you failed the Code, but you can still complete the zone, although maybe you wont get S rank.