PDA

View Full Version : Is level 20 the highest level?

Kraiseson
Apr 25, 2012, 09:41 AM
Seems thats the highest I've seen. Just curious if its like that for the closed beta , or if i just happy to be really unlucky in only seeing this level as the highest.

Spellbinder
Apr 25, 2012, 09:43 AM
For the closed beta, yes.

FenixStryk
Apr 25, 2012, 09:45 AM
Yes, 20 is the CB cap.

That said, considering the lack of Hard/Very Hard/Ultimate and the overall amount of content withheld, I can't imagine they'd keep the cap at 20 for full release. Expect them to hit at least 50 by Summer.

I wonder what the final boss will be...?

Kraiseson
Apr 25, 2012, 09:47 AM
was kinda hoping there wouldnt be hard, very hard this time around. It gets rather redundant. More difficult maps woulda been nice, but ohwell. Such is the pso way.

DoubleCannon
Apr 25, 2012, 09:57 AM
was kinda hoping there wouldnt be hard, very hard this time around. It gets rather redundant. More difficult maps woulda been nice, but ohwell. Such is the pso way.

WHAAAAAA!? lol PSO is not PSO without the difficulty choice! Thats like wishing diablo 3 wouldnt have nightmare and hell / inferno! lol. I am very glad they are doing it hard / very hard and probably more rather than PSU C-S3 stuff.

Dinosaur
Apr 25, 2012, 10:17 AM
Expect them to hit at least 50 by Summer.
The level cap will be 40 upon release.

I wonder what the final boss will be...?
Is this a serious question?

DoubleCannon
Apr 25, 2012, 10:51 AM

Is this a serious question?

DUHH OLGA lol jk

Clessy
Apr 25, 2012, 11:32 AM
Dark falkus / dark force/ dark something or another.

DoubleCannon
Apr 25, 2012, 03:37 PM

According to the files the last boss in Chuck Norris :eek:

HeartBreak301
Apr 25, 2012, 04:05 PM

Just look at PSU. It had C,B,A,S,S2,S3 and S4 for mission difficulties.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Apr 25, 2012, 04:53 PM
Why do I have the feeling they might add a new difficulty level above Ultimate? Maybe something extra-challenging for those near the level cap?

SELENNA
Apr 25, 2012, 05:20 PM
Why do I have the feeling they might add a new difficulty level above Ultimate? Maybe something extra-challenging for those near the level cap?

Why not just make Ultimate that new difficulty? I mean, we don't need 6 difficulty settings. Make it so the monsters are different and "on crack mode" and I'll be happy.

Polantaris
Apr 25, 2012, 05:35 PM
was kinda hoping there wouldnt be hard, very hard this time around.

It's very clearly set up for this already. When you pick a mission, you then pick "Normal" for the mission difficulty.

Eh, with the missions being mostly randomized, combined with Multi-Party Play, and combined even more with random Codes that can cause things to go crazy, the replay value compared to PSO1 is through the roof, regardless of difficulty.

Kinaya
Apr 25, 2012, 05:43 PM

dafuq? only lv 40?

Waluigi
Apr 25, 2012, 05:46 PM
dafuq? only lv 40?

It was like this in PSU too, they slowly raise the level cap as new updates come out. That way you can experience all the later areas in their glory and not you just rushing through them.

DoubleCannon
Apr 25, 2012, 05:49 PM
dafuq? only lv 40?

lol yes this is the case, but this is on release, I am sure it will be increased fairly fast as I can see alot of people hitting 40 pretty fast. I would have rathered a level 100 cap on release and then increase it threw content patches. guess we will have to wait and see how this is handled though

Kinaya
Apr 25, 2012, 05:56 PM
It was like this in PSU too, they slowly raise the level cap as new updates come out. That way you can experience all the later areas in their glory and not you just rushing through them.

Oh kk i never played PSU online ;(

buri-chan
Apr 25, 2012, 07:02 PM
Obviously the final boss will be Ganon.

Randomness
Apr 25, 2012, 07:27 PM

No, that's the fake final boss. This is the fourth distinct online entry (PSO, PSU, PSZ, PSO2), so it's gotta be the real evil this time.

Kazzi
Apr 25, 2012, 07:42 PM

Source?

Level 20 is surprisingly low, it took me 20 hours give or take the time I spent dancing in the lobby. I'd expect them to put it at at least level 60 or 80. I suppose it depends on how much stuff we actually get on release.

DoubleCannon
Apr 25, 2012, 08:00 PM
Source?

Level 20 is surprisingly low, it took me 20 hours give or take the time I spent dancing in the lobby. I'd expect them to put it at at least level 60 or 80. I suppose it depends on how much stuff we actually get on release.

lol source is mike posting it from the blog. Id go look for it but gotta put my kid to bed, I am sure someone will do the honers

And regarding content on release has also been posted, 3 planets lv 40 cap, etc. no one knows how many areas there will be on release though on each of these planets.

Randomness
Apr 25, 2012, 08:02 PM
lol source is mike posting it from the blog. Id go look for it but gotta put my kid to bed, I am sure someone will do the honers

Level 40 with three classes could take a while... but people who rush will always burn through content faster than developers can release it. Such is the nature of the beast.

Kazzi
Apr 25, 2012, 08:08 PM

And regarding content on release has also been posted, 3 planets lv 40 cap, etc. no one knows how many areas there will be on release though on each of these planets.

It's all right, I'll go track it down myself it sounds interesting! I must have missed it.