PDA

View Full Version : 4/26 Maintenance (1pm to 7pm) extend to 9pm

Mike
Apr 25, 2012, 08:12 PM
Today's maintenance will be from 1 to 7pm. It's longer today than before because they will be adjusting the server hardware.

Alenoir
Apr 25, 2012, 08:16 PM
SEGA want people to stress test the server after it come back up (so they can decide what to do with the beta afterward). If you're awake an hour or two after server's up, please get on the game and play for a while!

buri-chan
Apr 25, 2012, 08:20 PM
Not only is it longer, it's earlier too. But I ain't gonna be awake at 5 AM local, so yeah.

foreignreign
Apr 25, 2012, 08:21 PM
For those wondering, 7 PM Japan time is 6 AM EST.

Spellbinder
There goes my afternoon.

Fayorei
SEGA want people to stress test the server after it come back up (so they can decide what to do with the beta afterward). If you're awake an hour or two after server's up, please get on the game and play for a while!

Hm, will do if I can. Seems the game will go down at approximately 12 AM EST for those in that area like me.:)

Will be back up at 6 AM EST. I'll probably be asleep but will try to be on tomorrow morning.:D

goldwing
Apr 25, 2012, 08:45 PM
Hm, will do if I can. Seems the game will go down at approximately 12 AM EST for those in that area like me.:)

Will be back up at 6 AM EST. I'll probably be asleep but will try to be on tomorrow morning.:D

Yes makes me happy to b est. Tho i cant get on till the afternoon anyway

Rauten
Apr 25, 2012, 08:48 PM

Huh? did they make some sort of announcement? Were there any other interesting tidbits, or details as to what they mean with "what to do with the beta"?

Arika
Apr 25, 2012, 08:50 PM
because they will be adjusting the server hardware.

Nice!
then we will see if it become unbelievable lag or it become better.

Chaoszshadow
Apr 25, 2012, 11:05 PM
Just when i completed the quest...-_-

Kraiseson
Apr 25, 2012, 11:06 PM
Would that be right now? xD

Reia
Apr 25, 2012, 11:07 PM
Err Are they really working on testing new hardware for just 2 days!? I hope they extend the time for further testing! *coughnerflaunchers*

Syl
Apr 25, 2012, 11:07 PM
Was fighting dem bears, they dropped the goods but had no time to pick any of it up... ;_;

Misaki Ki
Apr 25, 2012, 11:09 PM
I logged on the moment it went down, whoops.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 25, 2012, 11:09 PM
I really hope they extend the beta :/

Alenoir
Apr 25, 2012, 11:10 PM
Huh? did they make some sort of announcement? Were there any other interesting tidbits, or details as to what they mean with "what to do with the beta"?

It's SakaiP's daily report posted on the CBT BBS. This (http://pso2.jp/cbt/bbs/?mode=detail&gid=21355&forum=100), to be exact. They're supposed to take the player site down too though so you may or may not be able to see the thread during maint.

Anyways, nothing more than them wanting a stress test on the server to see if their current setup works. They still can't pinpoint exactly what's causing the packet loss, but they've narrowed it down. After they get data from today's load they'll have a meeting and determine what they will do with the rest of CB is basically it.

Gunslinger-08
Well, I'll be up that early since I'm taking someone to the airport... lol, just my luck!

SELENNA
I'm bored. Each time I log in they do maintenance. Nice "beta"

goldwing
I really hope they extend the beta :/

sadly i dont. only cause the sooner they finish this the sooner we get to the open beta and so forth.

Spellbinder
Apr 25, 2012, 11:11 PM
sadly i dont. only cause the sooner they finish this the sooner we get to the open beta and so forth.

Better for them to take their time and get things right lest we have another fiasco like the PSU release... that was ugly.

goldwing
Apr 25, 2012, 11:12 PM
true didnt think of that...

kyuuketsuki
Apr 25, 2012, 11:15 PM
... Really? Give Sakai a call. I'm sure he'll be happy to schedule the maintenances around your personal schedule.

GrandTickler
Apr 25, 2012, 11:17 PM

then dont login, atleast there wont be maintenance then

Hansha
Apr 25, 2012, 11:33 PM
I'm fine with the constant maintenance since they don't owe me anything at all. In fact, they are a nice reminder that I need to take a break.

GrandTickler
Apr 25, 2012, 11:35 PM
I'm fine with the constant maintenance since they don't owe me anything at all. In fact, they are a nice reminder that I need to take a break.

yeah and arent they improving their hardware this time? then maybe (with some luck) the lag will be gone too after maint.

Lyric
Apr 25, 2012, 11:36 PM
It's a beta test...they're testing. There will be maintenance, lol.

I'm just hoping it saved since I was mid-run and holding a rare I'd picked up.

jmanx
Apr 26, 2012, 12:09 AM

LOL yes

GREAT looks like i have to sleep now... grr

Well look on the bright side japanese players are getting the shortest end of the stick. Since its duringafternoon and evening times lol and for us its around sleep time

goldwing
Apr 26, 2012, 12:59 AM
i find it very well timed and like hansha stated its a good reminder to take a break. after work or just a long day in general i jump on to this then about a few hours later i get off and repeat all over again not bad to me.

Archandes
Apr 26, 2012, 01:10 AM
I hope this hardware change also can get rid of graphical bug that make the game so heavy in an instant.

Chibi_psu
Apr 26, 2012, 02:32 AM
Are they gonna extend the beta?With all these maintenance it would be nice to play a bit more

ashley50
Apr 26, 2012, 02:34 AM
10 days is enough.

GrandTickler
Apr 26, 2012, 02:40 AM
Are they gonna extend the beta?With all these maintenance it would be nice to play a bit more

yeah i hope so too, atleast till 15 may xD

Spellbinder
Apr 26, 2012, 02:41 AM
I'd say at least push it through the weekend and end on Monday to see if the servers are stressed at all over the weekend. It's probably because it's during the week, but my Japanese friends were joking about how there's probably barely anyone left when we had less lag last night after maintenance since connections have been so absurd the entire beta. I kinda believe them.

Sachiko-K
Apr 26, 2012, 02:44 AM
Speaking of extending the beta... When does it end? It should be close to done, right? It's been around a week since it started.

ashley50
Apr 26, 2012, 02:45 AM
Speaking of extending the beta... When does it end? It should be close to done, right? It's been around a week since it started.

28th, 2 days from now (JST).

Reia
Apr 26, 2012, 02:52 AM
Well you guys got me wrong, What I meant is not that we "deserve" to play more, but the fact that I find dumb that they improve the hardware for just 2 days and close it on starting saturday, they can get a good stress test when people realize they fix'd the lag on this weekend. Normally now people avoid our morning (japan night) timezone cuz of the massive lags. And on the other hand, people will see more content if they play in 2 weekends rather than one when presenting their reports.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 26, 2012, 02:56 AM
yeah i'm with reia on this one, it seems a little strange to drop a huge maintenance to improve the servers for just 2 days left on closed beta.

that said, i'm looking forward to seeing if the lag improves during peak capacity hours.

Enforcer MKV
Apr 26, 2012, 03:10 AM
Didn't they say they wanted to move right into OBT after they finished closed, though? If that's the case, then they'll have their stress test soon enough.

I dunno, I mean, an extra day or so to collect preliminary data on the servers could help, but I'm not sure that data would be very useful compared to when the servers are flooded during open beta.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 26, 2012, 03:14 AM
Hmmm seeing they adding new hardware....id think they'd extend it atleast a couple of days....idk the technical part behind it but I do know depending on what they changed...they can't monitor the successfulness of it in just 2 days...that would kind of seem like rushing it out there......hardware after all....would hinder a system worse then software would (Depending on the situation)

I'm not sure how that works but aren't closed beta designed so that to see if the hardware/software can be handled in a controlled environment to decide whether it's ready for the general public?

If so as big changing the hardware might be two days....seems kind of forcing it...unless they followed that into open beta and continue the everday maintenance :P

jmanx
Apr 26, 2012, 03:18 AM
lmao this must be even a bigger butt hurt for the japanese players lols

Mike
Apr 26, 2012, 03:22 AM
They plan on comapring the data from the new hardware with the data from the old hardware. The old hardware would through a fit and stop sending packets after a certain number of users connected. If the new hardware does the same thing, then they know the problem lies somewhere else. This is why they want lots of people to hop on after maintenance has finished.

njdss4
Apr 26, 2012, 03:37 AM
Darn. Just when I was hoping to get on and clear some more matter board stuff. 7pm in Japan is 3am here on the west coast, I think, so I might be up to try it out when it comes back up. Hopefully I won't have to deal with so many 434 errors when trying to patch and login this time, like I do every other time.

moorebounce
Apr 26, 2012, 03:50 AM
For those wondering, 7 PM Japan time is 6 AM EST.

Heck I'll be at work but I'll get on at 9:30-10:00am. lol I planned on catching up on some sleep today. That doesn't look like that will happen until the beta is over.

I think they should at least extend it over the weekend. 2 more days wouldn't hurt.

Spellbinder
Apr 26, 2012, 04:03 AM
lmao this must be even a bigger butt hurt for the japanese players lols

Don't remind me >_> I've been twiddling my thumbs... (actually doing translations) all day waiting for the servers to open... 6:03 p.m. here now.

Mike
Apr 26, 2012, 04:26 AM
Good news everyone! The maintenance has been extended by two hours and is now scheduled to end at 9pm in Japan!

ShadowDragon28
Apr 26, 2012, 04:28 AM
WHAT?! V_V for real? :(

Konflyk
Apr 26, 2012, 04:28 AM
Yes...yes...more sleep for me, and less play time for everyone else.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 26, 2012, 04:29 AM
Good news everybody! The maintenance has been extended by two hours and is now scheduled to end at 9pm in Japan!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1D1cap6yETA

good news, it's time to sleep then ha

Zaix
Apr 26, 2012, 04:41 AM
Professor Farnsworth's voice went through my head when I read Mike's post as well.

Wayu
Apr 26, 2012, 04:46 AM
They seriously better like triple the Closed Beta period then.

-Wayu

Spellbinder
Apr 26, 2012, 04:51 AM
Wow, my entire day busted... *goes and does extra translating* >_>

Enforcer MKV
Apr 26, 2012, 04:54 AM
"It's as if thousands of voices cried out in unison, only to be silenced."

djizomdjinn
Apr 26, 2012, 04:55 AM
Meanwhile at SEGA headquarters....

<Hey, we actually managed to install these new servers ahead of schedule!>

*Spills coffee*

<Aw crap... time to extend the maintenance period...>

njdss4
Apr 26, 2012, 05:29 AM
Ah, screw it. I'm not waiting any longer, I'm going to bed.

GrandTickler
Apr 26, 2012, 05:31 AM
Ah, screw it. I'm not waiting any longer, I'm going to bed.

no you're not

zOObie1
Apr 26, 2012, 05:38 AM
I don't understand why or how people are getting upset for maintenance or extended maintenance in a beta of an MMO. To the ones complaining, have you ever played an MMO beta before? Because it's completely normal and almost the entire main reason of having a beta in the first place. They're fine tuning things, fixing bugs, and probably stress testing the servers.

You're playing this game for free and the reason you're playing for free at the moment is to TEST the game and help them make the finalizing touches to the game and servers. You chose to participate in the beta to help SEGA. They don't owe you an apology or extended beta time because their maintenance inconveniences you. If you don't like it then wait for the finished project to launch.

Spellbinder
Apr 26, 2012, 05:46 AM
They don't owe you an apology or extended beta time because their maintenance inconveniences you.

However, you do realize there are those who would request extended beta time if only for the fact that 2 days (a week day and half a weekend) is probably not sufficient time to stress test the hardware changes they're making? Last thing we need, as I said else where earlier today, is another PSU release fiasco.

That aside, it's freaking PSO and people are excited it's finally here. People being upset they can't play is a good thing... it means people want to play.

zOObie1
Apr 26, 2012, 05:52 AM
However, you do realize there are those who would request extended beta time if only for the fact that 2 days (a week day and half a weekend) is probably not sufficient time to stress test the hardware changes they're making? Last thing we need, as I said else where earlier today, is another PSU release fiasco.

That aside, it's freaking PSO and people are excited it's finally here. People being upset they can't play is a good thing... it means people want to play.

There might still be an Open beta/stress test before the game launches. That's also completely normal. In regards to the launch of PSU, almost every MMO has a terrible launch and lots of problems.

Spellbinder
Apr 26, 2012, 05:54 AM
There might still be an Open beta/stress test before the game launches. That's also completely normal. In regards to the launch of PSU, almost every MMO has a terrible launch and lots of problems.

Not all of them launch so terribly they revert back to a semi-beta phase and give all their customers a free month of service (or was it two? I forget).

Mike
Apr 26, 2012, 06:06 AM
Great news everyone!

Maintenance ended an hour early.

Crystal_Shard
Apr 26, 2012, 06:15 AM
Great news everyone!

I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry. Right before my dinner...

NOOOOOOOOOOOES!

Zaix
Apr 26, 2012, 06:23 AM
Great news everyone!

Or is it an hour late? You be the Judge!

FerrPSO
Apr 26, 2012, 06:44 AM
Not all of them launch so terribly they revert back to a semi-beta phase and give all their customers a free month of service (or was it two? I forget).

You should have played FFXIV lol, more than 6 months of free service :D

Anyways, isnt Stress server what are the Open Beta for? (just asking)

Sev
Apr 26, 2012, 06:53 AM

Stress test is definitely an Open Beta thing, but having so many people trying to log on to a service at one time is always going to cause an issue. New hardware is made to handle better stress I'd imagine, the current servers may be what they used for Alpha, which hosted way less players. Honestly though, I don't know a damn thing about how it all works. Lol

Spellbinder
Apr 26, 2012, 07:00 AM

We... we don't speak of that game release here... *wipes tear from eye* This is a happy place...

Rauten
Apr 26, 2012, 09:56 AM
It's SakaiP's daily report posted on the CBT BBS. This (http://pso2.jp/cbt/bbs/?mode=detail&gid=21355&forum=100), to be exact. They're supposed to take the player site down too though so you may or may not be able to see the thread during maint.

Oohh, nice, had no idea they kept a blog. Not like I can read it since I don't know a word of Japanese, but still nice, thanks.

It ends this Saturday at 11PM Japan Time, which for us Spaniards is Saturday 4 PM.

Also, why end it on a Saturday? Weird. Don't most betas end after the weekend, not in the middle of it?

MysticBruin
Apr 26, 2012, 10:01 AM
Keep getting Error 242 after the maintenance... anybody else? What does it mean?

Para
Apr 26, 2012, 10:10 AM
I had my first PSO2 experience last night. Too bad it got cut short by the maintenance :(