PDA

View Full Version : Does the class you pick at the start actually mean anything?

foreignreign
Apr 25, 2012, 08:13 PM
So I found some PSO2 stat tables for level 20 characters for every combination of race, gender and class but they don't have listed the actual starting class for each combination. In fact, I checked my FOmarl's level 20 HU and FO stats against the tables and they matched up just fine.

Link:
http://pso2.swiki.jp/index.php?%E7%A8%AE%E6%97%8F%E6%AF%94%E8%BC%83

But the site I found this link to seems to at least somewhat imply that the starting classes do change your stats.

Link:
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-alpha-test-2-item-lab-weapon-grinding-and-abilities/

Although the bumped.org link dates back to Alpha test 2, so it might've changed, or the bumped people missed something in translation I guess. Not sure about the date on the wiki link, or when those tables were created though since I don't know how to navigate that page to check.

Can anyone weigh in on this? Or if you have a HUmarl at level 20, can you post your base stats so we can compare (or I guess a RAmarl if you have HU or FO at level 20)?

Xaton
Apr 25, 2012, 08:51 PM
well not really when can change class but it does change combate stratagy when you change class big time. of course going more of fof portable 2 play as hasnt tried any other class yet in beta.

when this comes to vita and if vita has offline mode im sold. [offline mdoe that holds your charactors seperate from online. like you ahve your set of 8 or what ever classes offline. then your online charactors held on server thus cancles out the gamecube fear]

ShadowsCrush
Apr 25, 2012, 10:53 PM
I was wondering about this as well, seems like since Casts can use force the choice is more about looks than anything since the stat differences are so slight

Something else I was wondering is if leveling your characters alternate classes really accomplishes anything besides being able to switch for what your team needs.
Far as I can tell the stats you gain from leveling up don't reflect when you switch to another class, but I wasn't paying a huge amount of attention, just didn't notice my HP changing after leveling another class.
Which, in my opinion, reduces my motivation to spend a lot of time leveling my non-chosen class XD

Blackheart521
Apr 25, 2012, 11:20 PM
I was wondering about this as well, seems like since Casts can use force the choice is more about looks than anything since the stat differences are so slight

Something else I was wondering is if leveling your characters alternate classes really accomplishes anything besides being able to switch for what your team needs.
Far as I can tell the stats you gain from leveling up don't reflect when you switch to another class, but I wasn't paying a huge amount of attention, just didn't notice my HP changing after leveling another class.
Which, in my opinion, reduces my motivation to spend a lot of time leveling my non-chosen class XD

From what I've read on the forums they are going to be implementing a subclass system which means you could possibly use the level of your force class and hunter class at once, allowing techs as a hunter and possibly stat changes depending on the level of your sub class.

for example you played as a hunter till level 50 and you played as a force till level 20, you then set force as your sub class so you get tech usage and a portion of your force related stats.

keep in mind this is all speculation on how the system will work but it is a possibility.

Reia
Apr 26, 2012, 12:08 AM
Indeed, and I'm looking forward to Sub Force, for the Support TECHs like Resta, Shifta, Deband, Jellen and Zalure. Like any RAmarl got in any version of PSO :3 Aside of having Ice Techs when you lack a Freezing SE weapon!

foreignreign
Apr 26, 2012, 12:36 AM
RAcast with a sub Force seems a bit broken.

If they do make some sort of subclass system, I hope they incur penalties for picking sub classes so that a sub FO's Shifta isn't nearly as good as a pure FO's Shifta.

Now what I would really love is if they somehow combined skills together so I could have a Sneak Shot Foie blast...

Du1337
Apr 26, 2012, 11:42 AM
Yes indeed. U should be awarded for the class u pick...

hunters more damage with their swords than a force...
forces better techs than a hunter...

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 26, 2012, 11:55 AM
RAcast with a sub Force seems a bit broken.

If they do make some sort of subclass system, I hope they incur penalties for picking sub classes so that a sub FO's Shifta isn't nearly as good as a pure FO's Shifta.

Now what I would really love is if they somehow combined skills together so I could have a Sneak Shot Foie blast...

that'd be friggng awesome. but would likely never happen. could happen way way way way down the road though, like wow's implementation of "custom" skills (fireball with knockback lolololololol i didn't play wow but when i read that update randomly on the net i fell over laughin)

Ark22
Apr 26, 2012, 12:14 PM
Well PSO did a good job, certain classes could reach 15 level techs while others 20 at max.

Forces could use some hunter weapons which was pretty beast. Force + Double saber = A lot of PP.