PDA

View Full Version : PSO 2 Music

Pages : [1] 2

Porkmaster
Apr 25, 2012, 09:43 PM
List of YouTube channels from this community

Porkmaster (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL96B0F2D70E1A2AEE&feature=plcp)

SuperSonix9 (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL9BD1EEEA564CCF4A&feature=plcp)

CrysteonSnowflake (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7338407DA13A0F74&feature=plcp)

Zyrusticae (http://www.youtube.com/user/Zyrusticae/videos?view=0)

Renvalt's awesome

Here, lemme break the links down then.

Part 1 (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?e22e05bh1w0qkql)
Part 2 (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?22sob5niskqlxyb)
Part 3 (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?gj667mz1rbmanpc)
Part 4 (http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mcghhp8ry3hzn3q)

Powder Keg
Apr 25, 2012, 09:48 PM
Nice job getting them uploaded.

Personal opinion though--I really think they need a new composer (obviously not the only thing they need) but so many other games out here have a much better OST. These tracks are always lacking in either substance or punch--a lot of cases both. I would often find myself playing other video game tracks in the background while playing PSU, and may end up doing that for this as well when I get a good listen to what this one has.

Angelo
Apr 25, 2012, 09:52 PM
My favorite track so far is the Mid-Boss song.

It's very Saturn-era NiGHTS-esque.

Porkmaster
Apr 25, 2012, 09:58 PM
Nice job getting them uploaded.

Personal opinion though--I really think they need a new composer (obviously not the only thing they need) but so many other games out here have a much better OST. These tracks are always lacking in either substance or punch--a lot of cases both. I would often find myself playing other video game tracks in the background while playing PSU, and may end up doing that for this as well when I get a good listen to what this one has.

That may be because right now, the music transitions either A) Don't trigger (for example, I'll be surrounded by Rappy's, slashing them for 15 seconds, yet the music doesn't transition to the "oh god a monster" part like it's supposed to) or B) Trigger too often. This is most noticeable in the caves for some reason. The music transitions so often in the caves that it makes the song sound like trash.

I love all the boss themes, though.

Yup! That's probably my favorite track in the beta.

Eggobandit
Apr 25, 2012, 10:22 PM
The music and transitions in this game are amazingly done. The improvements to the current BGMs are amazing as well.

And the music always triggers perfectly for me. The songs all seem to be parsed together from very small segments. You never have to wait more than 3 seconds for the transition to catch up.

I actually liked the Dragon Music more before they added the changes based on what level flame armor he has on. He's wearing some form of armor during most of the battle so you never get to really hear the original theme anymore.

The Dark Ragne theme sounds awesome in battle though, i love it. It has a very urgent feeling to it.

Zorafim
Apr 25, 2012, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the uploads! I haven't had the chance to check out the music yet, I wanna see what I think of them.

Porkmaster
Apr 25, 2012, 10:34 PM
Not a problem! I should have Vol Dragon's themes and all of Dark Ragne's themes up later tomorrow. They're epic.

goldwing
Apr 25, 2012, 11:03 PM
nice thank you much for this i was wondering if someone would do this.

Itoshi
Apr 25, 2012, 11:06 PM
Thank you for doing this!! Can't wait to hear everything. For some reason, the character creation theme really sticks out in my head. Pretty relaxing stuff.

goldwing
Apr 25, 2012, 11:08 PM
o when you get the chance can you put up the stage complete music???? thats one of my fave bgm belive it or not.

Demon-
Apr 25, 2012, 11:40 PM
The music in this game is awesome so far.

I love how some of the BGM has parts of the older games.
Like the forest BGM has a part in it that's from the first PSO.

My favorite BGM in the game so far is probably the Urban area music.

jmanx
Apr 25, 2012, 11:56 PM

YES

thx dood me luv u long time

~Inu~
Apr 26, 2012, 12:04 AM
I'm already in love with all the Emergency Quest (Urban) music, seriously I wait until the servers get back online in the middle of the night just to hope for a chance to run through the city.
I'm loving the design of the game aesthetic-wise and how the forest goes from rain to fog.

Sega has been known (at least to me) for making amazing soundtracks, and I have no doubt PSO2 will be just the same.

Khasar
Apr 26, 2012, 05:39 AM
Nice thanks for this I was thinking about doing this but I decided not too. My fav track is the normal City Area one :)

Porkmaster
Apr 26, 2012, 06:00 AM
Hey guys. Thanks for all the positive feedback! I'll be uploading more songs today, but right now I'm in the long line of people waiting for servers to come back up. I'll upload the more common songs like Naberius Forest (and all its variations) and the Character Creation music shortly after I'm done tackling the less common songs like Vol Dragon's theme and variations, and Dark Ragne's theme and variations.

Dark Ragne may take awhile, as his theme has, at the very least, 3 different variations. More if I decide to upload the Near Death variations to his 3 main variations as standalone videos. Maybe even more than that if there's yet another variation of his theme if minions are on the field, like Vol Dragon's theme.

Dragwind
Apr 26, 2012, 06:17 AM
Music:

1. I loved all of the classic RPG titles. They often pop up in my head during the day, and I'll start humming along. (Probably because of how catchy and pop like they were)

2. I was in love with PSO, and PSO Ep.3. The atmospheric quality and feel really sucked me into the world. I'd often fall asleep with PSO music playing because I felt it was that relaxing and trance like.

3. Phantasy Star Universe + Portable series: I didn't care for much of the music at all. I loved the games, for sure, but the soundtrack always left me longing for more. Most of it was either remixes of previous PS game tracks, too j-pop like, or something that felt bland. There were a couple of songs that really stuck with me though.

4. PSO2: It's that PSO love feeling all over again. I've already found myself going to sleep with just the music playing, haha.

I know, I'm :wacko:.

FerrPSO
Apr 26, 2012, 06:22 AM
I think the OST is fantastic, and way better than PSU.

Some people may not like it, because is more ambiental and atmospheric, making it "less catchy" but all the themes have awesome arranges, sounds good and they still have a little melodic touch like PSO.

PSU tracks were a tad boring IMO, especially it laked the variable transitions, making them easier to get bored with them. The god part about the OST of PSO is that acompanies what happens in your screen, whenever you are fighting or exploring, that was lacking on PSU, so you get tired of the song faster. Is it normal in an online game, were you spend a lot of time hearing the same song again and again. Hell, even in FFXI, with its FANTASTIC OST, I sometimes needed to take a break and listen something else.

Kobayashi and Tokoi are awesome (well, all of Wave Master dudes are amazing, Hataya, Ohtani, Namba...), they should never leave Sega.

moorebounce
Apr 26, 2012, 06:52 AM
I actually like the music and I like how it changes tempo any time you have enemies or not.

sugarFO
Apr 26, 2012, 10:18 AM
I'm still hoping for another seabed battle music in this game!

Rhypht
Apr 26, 2012, 10:31 AM
I'd really like to get hold of some of the jingles/sfx of the game, such as the 'rare dropped' sound or something.

It'd make a killer text tone.

AnnabellaRenee87
Apr 26, 2012, 10:57 AM
After seeing the level of detail in the forest I would kill for a jungle/Gal Da Val Island remake.

The music was so fricking amazing in that area.

Fhin
Apr 26, 2012, 11:05 AM
Nice. Thanks for the upload. Snatched them already. :P

Zorafim
Apr 26, 2012, 11:12 AM
PSU had some amazing music in it. Unfortunately, you never got to hear any of it. For some reason, they only used the boring songs in the most common areas. The good stuff was rarely used.

After listening to the music posted, I have to say, I'm not in love with it. The miniboss theme was pretty great, but the rest was just pretty good. It's not bad music, it's just not my style. Still, a definite step up from what we were given in PSU! Even better than alot of PSO stuff.

Thank you, again, for the uploads. Don't be shy with updates, I'd love to hear the rest of the tracks.

Gunslinger-08
Apr 26, 2012, 11:21 AM
PSU had some amazing music in it. Unfortunately, you never got to hear any of it. For some reason, they only used the boring songs in the most common areas. The good stuff was rarely used.

After listening to the music posted, I have to say, I'm not in love with it. The miniboss theme was pretty great, but the rest was just pretty good. It's not bad music, it's just not my style. Still, a definite step up from what we were given in PSU! Even better than alot of PSO stuff.

Thank you, again, for the uploads. Don't be shy with updates, I'd love to hear the rest of the tracks.

Absolutely, PSU had some good tracks. Brave Fight, the Rozenom City BGM, and the Ice SEED contamination theme are some of the first ones that come to mind.

Vislux
Apr 26, 2012, 11:31 AM
The PSO2 Sound Director is Hideaki Kobayashi, the same guy who composed some PSO/PSU musics. Personally, I love his style and in my opinion PSO2 has great tunes. :)

Du1337
Apr 26, 2012, 11:46 AM
Cool!

Rauten
Apr 26, 2012, 11:58 AM
I'm still hoping for another seabed battle music in this game!

Oh no no no no... not another seabed battle music... they have to make it another seabed entire area, with both battle and quiet music. Ep2 was worth playing for Seabed alone.

FerrPSO
Apr 26, 2012, 12:29 PM
The PSO2 Sound Director is Hideaki Kobayashi, the same guy who composed some PSO/PSU musics. Personally, I love his style and in my opinion PSO2 has great tunes.

Well, Kobayashi was the Sound director on both. Basically if Im not mistaken all PSO music was Kobayashi and Fumie Kumatani. Kumatani is NOT in PSO2 though, weird decision, her style was perfect for PSO.

Also, PSO2 has Kenichi Tokoi, who worked on PSU but not on PSO. He is more know for his work on Sonic series and both Space Channel 5.

Zyrusticae
Apr 26, 2012, 01:01 PM
I know, I'm :wacko:.
No way! You pretty much echoed my thoughts word-for-word. :-)

MrPOW
Apr 26, 2012, 02:36 PM
Thank you very much for these! I hope you get to upload more.

o when you get the chance can you put up the stage complete music???? thats one of my fave bgm belive it or not.

Also, this!

Porkmaster
Apr 26, 2012, 03:50 PM
Wow, I completely forgot to record Dark Ragne's themes in the last Urban mission that just passed.

Oh well. Guess I'll upload some requests. Mission Complete music on the way.

Edit: Oh, and I just figured out during the last Urban mission that there's a variation in music during a PSE Burst. Those will be hard to record.

Rei-San
Apr 26, 2012, 03:57 PM
At first I was disapointed that they changed the forest theme from the Alpha 2, but then I started hearing small pits of the original theme in the newer one.

If you can put up the awesome rift that is the Forest theme soon, you will have my undying gratitude. :)

Porkmaster
Apr 26, 2012, 04:04 PM
Comin' up soon.

FerrPSO
Apr 26, 2012, 04:54 PM
t first I was disapointed that they changed the forest theme from the Alpha 2

Oh, is it a different theme? Or just parts of the song were changed?

Porkmaster
Apr 26, 2012, 04:56 PM
"Quest Clear!" being uploaded as I type this post.

Naberius Forest up next.

Edit: Naberius Forest will be up soon (it's up now). I know how many people love how calm the song is without enemies around, so I decided to extend it to 10 minutes.

Jinketsu
Apr 26, 2012, 10:29 PM
I think I've heard like three different renditions of the "battle is beginning" portion to Forest's monsters theme from PSO1 (if you know what I mean). I'm interested to know if that's all part of the same music loop or not.

Ryudo
Apr 26, 2012, 11:14 PM

tell me about it, my favourite track was Ukushima, that tune and area were severely neglected, oh well

really happy with the music so far in PSO2 myself, they've stuck a good balance between atmospheric and exciting

Enforcer MKV
Apr 26, 2012, 11:31 PM
It helps that they mixed in a little bit of the tunes from the first PSO. It's a really nice balance of old and new. I didn't play PSO much, but the music is nice. I'm glad to see they mixed that in.

Porkmaster
Apr 27, 2012, 12:06 AM
Okay! So I have all four phases of music that play during Dark Ragne's fight, as well as the variations that play when minions are on the field and when you are at low health. I have a lot of work ahead of me, but they will be uploaded soon enough.

You guys might not be prepared for the amount of epic contained in Phase 3 and 4.

goldwing
Apr 27, 2012, 01:38 AM
TY VERY MUCH FOR QUEST CLEAR!!!!

Porkmaster
Apr 27, 2012, 02:32 AM
TY VERY MUCH FOR QUEST CLEAR!!!!

You're very welcome!

Also, not quite sure why I've been saying Dark Ragne has 4 themes. Well, he has 5. The one that I've already uploaded, which is his default theme (no legs destroyed), then another plays for each leg you destroy (dude has 4 legs, I suck at math).

Anyway, I still have all his themes, so no worries. They'll be up soon.

Macman
Apr 27, 2012, 02:33 AM
Subscribed.

~Inu~
Apr 27, 2012, 02:35 AM
If there was a text tone that said "Emergency! Code Text!" (in his voice obviously)
I would use it forever and ever... I know what to suggest to sega.

GrandTickler
Apr 27, 2012, 03:03 AM
i love the music in pso 2, but i hate the track playing on the second floor in the shops, the high pitch parts is anoying lol

Porkmaster
Apr 27, 2012, 04:11 AM
Okay guys! All the Dark Ragne themes are uploaded! I recommend listening to them in order, to get the general flow and progression.

Have fun!

PrinceBrightstar
Apr 27, 2012, 06:48 AM
The music of PSO2 is definitely interesting. Neberius Forest for example has gone through some evolutions between Alpha and Beta. I think they even implemented a few seconds of Ragol Forest in there for the beta. More interesting is how the music actually works. HCA is preventing us from doing a raw extraction on the music (For now...) but it pretty much proves Sega is using ADX2 with this game. We can however do a raw extraction on the alpha OST.

Also to the OP, it's a good question, PSO2 is a free to play game. How does that play into the forum rules if the game and music can be gotten for free to begin with? This is going to determine what I can post on the matter.

Vashyron
Apr 27, 2012, 03:43 PM
Hey could I request the music for when your speaking to Shion?

Thanks.

GeoSword
Apr 28, 2012, 07:54 AM
Wish these songs were MP3. Driving to "City Area (Near Death)" would be awesome. I've loved this segment since the trailer that used it came out.

Convex10Wolf
Apr 28, 2012, 08:46 AM
This is awesome! Thank you very much.

Porkmaster
Apr 30, 2012, 09:14 AM
Closed Beta has ended, Shion's Theme uploaded.

See you all in Open Beta!

Itoshi
Apr 30, 2012, 09:23 AM
Thanks a lot! So glad that I can continue to listen to these tracks even though the closed beta is over.

Porkmaster
May 2, 2012, 12:46 PM
I wonder what the rules are around here about bumping your own thread. Guess I'm about to find out.

I've been toying with the idea of putting all of Dark Ragne's themes into one song, so people can hear the progression of the song a bit better than hearing all the tracks 1 by 1, but I'm a little hesitant in doing so, as someone has already pointed out that I already have 5 Dark Ragne tracks uploaded, and this would be the 6th. I dunno, I'll wait a little longer. Just bumping this thread for people who haven't seen it yet and for the people who would like to listen to the music from the game, even though closed beta has ended.

BIG OLAF
May 2, 2012, 12:49 PM
I didn't really pay too much attention to the music besides the lobby stuff, but I thought it sounded nice. Obviously a large improvement over PSU's completely uninspired soundtrack (PSP2/i's OSTs were a bit better, though).

Okay, there's my two cents.

Porkmaster
May 2, 2012, 12:51 PM
I didn't really pay too much attention to the music besides the lobby stuff, but I thought it sounded nice. Obviously a large improvement over PSU's completely uninspired soundtrack (PSP2/i's OSTs were a bit better, though).

Okay, there's my two cents.

Understandable. There are some people out there who like making their character as pretty and as blue as they possibly can! Huehue!

Just messin' with ya. I do like your character, though none can compare to the mighty Porkmaster.

BIG OLAF
May 2, 2012, 12:56 PM
Understandable. There are some people out there who like making their character as pretty and as blue as they possibly can! Huehue!

Just messin' with ya. I do like your character, though none can compare to the mighty Porkmaster.

Thank you (though, I do recall your 'waifu' comment, which kind of hurt my feelings a bit).

Anyway, I'll have to actually sit and listen to all the stuff you uploaded later when i get back from my errands. I'm curious to hear the music in a standalone setting (no other in-game noise). I know PSO's was epic, so I'm sure PSO2's is just as good.

Porkmaster
May 2, 2012, 01:07 PM
I do apologize for that. I'm a little straightforward with my comments and don't really think about how long some people spend on their characters to get them just right. I can respect that amount of attention to detail.

BIG OLAF
May 2, 2012, 01:21 PM
Thank you, apology accepted. That makes me feel better.

Also, do you have the full opening theme? I didn't see it on your playlist in the first post.

Cayenne
May 2, 2012, 01:22 PM
Thanks for the forest music, so amazing!

Great to hear while I'm designing my site lol.

Porkmaster
May 2, 2012, 01:22 PM
I don't, but if I can still launch the game, I can definitely get around to putting that up for ya.

Thanks for the forest music, so amazing!

Great to hear while I'm designing my site lol.

Not a problem! Glad you enjoy it.

HandOfThornz
May 2, 2012, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the links to the music Porkmaster :)

Phantasy star music has always been awesome. PSO2 music has matched the game style perfectly. Great to hear the tracks outside of the game.

Whenever i hear the PSO main menu music, it always reminds me of fond memories of discovering the world of PS and the many hours i spent playing the game :D

I'm looking forward to many hours of play with these new tracks!

LokinModar
May 8, 2012, 01:50 PM
Well, Kobayashi was the Sound director on both. Basically if Im not mistaken all PSO music was Kobayashi and Fumie Kumatani. Kumatani is NOT in PSO2 though, weird decision, her style was perfect for PSO.

Also, PSO2 has Kenichi Tokoi, who worked on PSU but not on PSO. He is more know for his work on Sonic series and both Space Channel 5.

kenichi was in PSO music... PSO:BB at least...

Cypher_9
May 8, 2012, 03:20 PM
Very nice... I am going to subscribe ya ^^

Porkmaster
May 8, 2012, 03:36 PM
Very nice... I am going to subscribe ya ^^

Thanks bro, I appreciate it. I didn't think the videos or this thread would get as popular as they have. I went from 0 subscribers and 900 views (from my 2 year old Stepmania videos) to 25 subscribers and over 6700 views in about 2 weeks. I know there are other people out there who have some PSO 2 music uploaded as well, but mine maintain the highest number of views, so I have you guys here at PSO-World to thank for that.

I'll be workin' extra hard when Open Beta starts to get as much music as I can uploaded.

kyuuketsuki
May 8, 2012, 04:27 PM
Wow, I totally missed this thread when the beta was going on. Granted, I was a lot less active around here due to having the actual game to play instead of just talking about it on a forum. =p

But nice job man. Appreciate the effort, and loving the PSO2 soundtrack so far.

Porkmaster
May 8, 2012, 05:33 PM
Wow, I totally missed this thread when the beta was going on. Granted, I was a lot less active around here due to having the actual game to play instead of just talking about it on a forum. =p

But nice job man. Appreciate the effort, and loving the PSO2 soundtrack so far.

Yeah man, everyone was busy playing the game. Too busy to discuss anything on this forum and too busy to upload any music! So being the genius (lolwut) that I am, I decided to be the first to upload the City Area music and Dark Ragne's theme, then went from there.

Maybe it'll get to the point one day where I'll start making money!

Oh man, the amount of pork I will devour....

Raging Ghost
May 8, 2012, 06:10 PM
There's no music from the character creator.

Porkmaster
May 8, 2012, 06:18 PM
There's no music from the character creator.

You're pretty observant. I can get that up for ya if you'd like. The only reason the Character Creation music and Title Screen music aren't uploaded is because everyone and their dog has already uploaded it. I initially started uploading songs that I noticed haven't been uploaded yet, but once Open Beta rolls around (whenever the hell that is), I'll work on getting every song uploaded.

Peejay
May 8, 2012, 06:24 PM
Yeah man, everyone was busy playing the game. Too busy to discuss anything on this forum and too busy to upload any music! So being the genius (lolwut) that I am, I decided to be the first to upload the City Area music and Dark Ragne's theme, then went from there.

Maybe it'll get to the point one day where I'll start making money!

Oh man, the amount of pork I will devour....

Reading your post gave me chestpains. That is just... That's not healthy.

PSO Addict
May 8, 2012, 06:33 PM
It made me hungry/jealous.

Porkmaster
May 8, 2012, 06:40 PM
Huehuehueporkhuehuehue

Blizz3112
May 8, 2012, 08:02 PM
Huehuehueporkhuehuehue

Just don't become what you eat...

Anyway, I was hoping you'd already posted the cave music... :-P

NoiseHERO
May 8, 2012, 08:19 PM
I'm still not really big on the music this time. PSO had a couple of tracks that I would actually want to go out of my way to download and listen to outside of the game.

But I'm not getting that feeling with PSO2, it sounds like they focused more on fitting the mood of everything that's going on to make it more atmospheric, which is fine, but the sounds are so quiet and subtle that I can hear the music, and it's setting the mood. But I'm mostly just ignoring it, and after a while it even just rings in my ears in an unpleasant way...

So it doesn't exactly turn into "chill in your room and play this song chill/atmospheric song for a couple hours" music either. PSU's music was mostly just... BAD other than a couple non-annoying songs here and there. and PSO's sound track is pretty overrated other than a few songs, mostly a lot of stuff from EP 2 & 3, but both PSO AND PSO2 set the atmosphere perfectly, so I GUESS that's all that really matters in terms of pleasing the fans.

But for me personally, I don't like it that much...

I'll even bring up a good example of how I think of it. Like the Ragne boss battle music. It's cool that it changes through like 5 phases... But to me they all just sound boring or REALLY tame until the Final Phase comes up. THAT'S when things start to get good, NOW I'm listening to a catchy Phantasy Star tune. So really it's like.

Nutshell : It's hard to explain, they have a REALLY good thing going on with fitting the mood for EVERYTHING. But... only some parts, of some songs really stand out to me and because they're only going with the mood, sometimes the best parts being in really rare situations. So, I'm BARELY enjoying the music at all. More like it's just helping me enjoy the REST of the game... Then with the music quality in general, Seems they're still not beating some of their PSO tunes yet. (Like the obvious trick-track.)

Porkmaster
May 8, 2012, 08:21 PM
Just don't become what you eat...

Anyway, I was hoping you'd already posted the cave music... :-P

Yeah, I was pretty busy the last couple of days before Closed Beta ended and when I was able to finally play again, the servers were going down for good in 20 minutes, so I had to choose something. I decided to make a new character and talk to Shion to record her theme. I finished with less than a minute remaining before Closed Beta ended for good.

I just hope Open Beta starts pretty soon so I can get back to uploading some music.

Wall of Text hits you for 9,999 damage. You die.

Yeah, but then again it's still beta. The music for Naberious Forest underwent some changes from Alpha to Beta. I also heard the City Area theme during the fan briefing and it definitely changed, so there will be changes to the music from Closed Beta to Open Beta. Some music may even change a third time from Open Beta to Release.

If it comes down to that, then I'll most likely end up uploading several versions of the same song. My point is, just wait a little longer. The music is definitely being updated between testing phases. I'm sure the final versions of the songs will be even more awesome.

Moah
May 8, 2012, 09:12 PM
Hey, thanks a lot for the songs! I really like the urban area, it has that emergency sound to it, especially the battle version.

Porkmaster
May 8, 2012, 09:18 PM
No problem! Yeah, that place has some kick ass music. A shame that the quest only shows up every once in awhile, and only for an hour. Doesn't give you time to fully appreciate it, I think.

But through the power of the internet, that's no longer an issue.

Chik'Tikka
May 9, 2012, 12:00 AM
you know, now that we figured out how to launch the game, you should record the Credits song +^_^+ *redacted*
+^_^+ I'd do it myself but you'll get more views i think+^_^+
oh, and don't try and connect to the servers, it just pops up an error message and since they say online i assume SEGA doing testing and doesn't need additional pings+^_^+

Porkmaster
May 9, 2012, 01:26 AM
"Credits (The Whole New World)" uploaded.

Macman
May 9, 2012, 02:10 AM
Any plans to get Vol Dragon's battle theme up?

Agitated_AT
May 9, 2012, 06:59 AM
So there are 3 versions of a song. interesting

Porkmaster
May 9, 2012, 10:51 AM
Any plans to get Vol Dragon's battle theme up?

Yeah, I had initially planned to get his theme up before Dark Ragne's theme, but Vol Dragon's theme changes so often. It changes based on what attacks he uses and it changes based on the amount of molten armor he has, so it's hard to get a decent recording of his theme that doesn't sound all over the place.

I'll try again during Open Beta for Vol Dragon, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I think the only way to get a "proper" version of Vol Dragon's theme is to either wait for someone to crack the encrypted music files or for SEGA to release an official soundtrack for the game.

Randomness
May 9, 2012, 10:59 AM
Whole New World results in nostalgia overload.

Macman
May 9, 2012, 11:19 AM
I think the only way to get a "proper" version of Vol Dragon's theme is to either wait for someone to crack the encrypted music files.I thought that's what you were doing in the first place. Shows how much I know.

Porkmaster
May 9, 2012, 11:25 AM
I thought that's what you were doing in the first place. Shows how much I know.

I don't have the patience for that, lol.

PSO Addict
May 9, 2012, 01:22 PM
That's what I would have thought you were doing... But I love the Dark Raigne theme.

Porkmaster
May 12, 2012, 02:28 PM
If only I knew the extensions of the music files I extract from the CPK. I can extract the music files, but they have no extensions, so I can't get any sound.

If I can find out which extension the files use, I can put them together one by one to make a complete song. I'll try fiddling around a bit more.

NoiseHERO
May 12, 2012, 02:38 PM
I thought the music files were heavily encrypted. D:

Porkmaster
May 12, 2012, 02:43 PM
They are. Well, they were. I took care of that pretty fast, now I just need to know the extensions.

Macman
May 12, 2012, 03:38 PM
Probably .adx knowing how much Sega loves that format.

Vashyron
May 12, 2012, 03:54 PM
They are. Well, they were. I took care of that pretty fast, now I just need to know the extensions.

Uh, the CPK container isn't what is "encrypted."

The files inside, CRI HCA - ".hca" are though. ...Good luck with those.

Probably .adx knowing how much Sega loves that format.

They actually were this format until the Closed Beta. Where they also felt the need to change the encryption of the ICE files.

Looks like they didn't like people snooping around their data previously. :wacko:

Porkmaster
May 12, 2012, 04:17 PM

I'm aware of that.

Vashyron
May 12, 2012, 04:44 PM
I'm aware of that.

? You asked what the file extensions were, thus I'm telling you they are .hca.

(If you were aware why ask.)

Chik'Tikka
May 12, 2012, 04:45 PM

They actually were this format until the Closed Beta. Where they also felt the need to change the encryption of the ICE files.

Looks like they didn't like people snooping around their data previously. :wacko:

Which is a shame, I wanted to use the cursor on my computer and can't find it, if it wasn't for finals this week I'd actually try and decrypt some of these+^_^+ as for the music files, have you tried common container extensions like .mkv, .mp4, .avi etc.?

Porkmaster
May 12, 2012, 04:49 PM
? You asked what the file extensions were, thus I'm telling you they are .hca.

(If you were aware why ask.)

Sorry, juggling a lot of things at once right now. I know the CPK containers aren't encrypted and I appreciate the extension. I didn't know the files changed from Alpha, as I didn't play during Alpha, so... Hm. This may be a little tougher than I thought.

have you tried common container extensions like .mkv, .mp4, .avi etc.?

Yeah, but I'm thinking I may just stop here. I had assumed the files remained unchanged from Alpha to Beta and I have very little knowledge (none) on the decryption of files. I just got VGMstream and assumed nothing was changed.

Yunfa
May 20, 2012, 03:27 AM
Thanks for the uploads~~~

Porkmaster
Jun 13, 2012, 04:36 AM
Pre-Open Beta in a couple days! You guys hyped? I know I am. I can't wait to play PSO2 again, I've been having withdraws since the Closed Beta servers went down!

The moment it launches, I'll work on recording and uploading the new Lilipa Desert Field music and Battle music (if a "Near Death" variation of either theme plays when I get to low health, I'll be sure to upload those). Also Gwanada's theme and any variations it may have. If there are any changes to the music we've already heard in the Closed Beta, I'll be sure to upload the updated themes as well.

Peejay
Jun 13, 2012, 09:14 PM
Pre-Open Beta in a couple days! You guys hyped? I know I am. I can't wait to play PSO2 again, I've been having withdraws since the Closed Beta servers went down!

The moment it launches, I'll work on recording and uploading the new Lilipa Desert Field music and Battle music (if a "Near Death" variation of either theme plays when I get to low health, I'll be sure to upload those). Also Gwanada's theme and any variations it may have. If there are any changes to the music we've already heard in the Closed Beta, I'll be sure to upload the updated themes as well.

You realize you'll be waking up PRETTY EARLY, right?

Let's do everything together.

NoiseHERO
Jun 13, 2012, 09:20 PM
6 AM is nothing.

5:59 however...

NO, DON'T WAKE ME UP!

BIG OLAF
Jun 13, 2012, 09:25 PM
I'm just gonna go to sleep at like midnight and wake up at 5AM or so. Five hours of sleep is more than enough for me.

Coatl
Jun 13, 2012, 09:28 PM
6AM? That's pretty much the time I have to wake up regularly anyway.
No harm done.

Porkmaster
Jun 14, 2012, 02:32 AM
People wanted MP3s, right? Well, cool! A download link now is available via my PSO2 Music Playlist on YouTube. Not hard to find, look for it. The new Lilipa Desert songs will be added to the download link at the same time it gets uploaded to YouTube.

Audio bit rate: 320kbps

You realize you'll be waking up PRETTY EARLY, right?

Let's do everything together.

Totally.

Peejay
Jun 14, 2012, 09:26 AM
All'a you are gay, I have to wake up at 3.

You should probably mention that you originally were converting at 128kbps.

moorebounce
Jun 14, 2012, 09:41 AM

lol look at the pot call the kettle black. lol

Coatl
Jun 14, 2012, 10:39 AM
I favourited your playlist, thanks.

BIG OLAF
Jun 14, 2012, 10:41 AM

[SPOILER-BOX]http://i1190.photobucket.com/albums/z457/BIGOLAF/Delicious%20Drama/TROPHY.gif[/SPOILER-BOX]

I wonder what the desert track is going to sound like. Perhaps heavy and industrial to accommodate the robots and mechanical ruins.

Peejay
Jun 14, 2012, 10:58 AM
If you're gathering that from my "Let's do everything together", it's actually just going to make sense. You won't get as far alone, really.

Porkmaster
Jun 14, 2012, 06:12 PM

I see no reason to bring that up, sir!

I favourited your playlist, thanks.

No problem, and thank you for the favorite!

I wonder what the desert track is going to sound like. Perhaps heavy and industrial to accommodate the robots and mechanical ruins.

Hell yeah, that would be awesome. I always hated the Mines in the original PSO, but I always loved the music.

BIG OLAF
Jun 14, 2012, 06:51 PM
Hell yeah, that would be awesome. I always hated the Mines in the original PSO, but I always loved the music.

I can also imagine it being something light, airy, and mysterious to go with the open desert. Deserts seem to have those kinds of hypnotic tracks in most games.

Porkmaster
Jun 15, 2012, 12:14 PM
Lillipa Desert themes are up, as well as updated themes for the City Area.

moorebounce
Jun 15, 2012, 05:31 PM
Nice job. I didn't really get to listen to the music while playing.

Aeris
Jun 15, 2012, 07:15 PM
Nice music, wish i had Alpha's set of music and thanks for uploading the new area music since i am listening it once in a while.

BIG OLAF
Jun 15, 2012, 07:17 PM
Looks like I was right with my 2nd guess of "light, airy, and mysterious." Definitely desert music. SEGA really did a good job this time around (PSU's music was pretty damn bad).

Dragwind
Jun 16, 2012, 04:38 AM
The music does feel a lot closer to PSO's ambient feel this time around. I found the desert's theme to remind me of Ep. 4's crater at certain points.

Porkmaster
Jun 20, 2012, 01:47 AM
Sheesh, this thread got buried so quickly during the Pre-Open Beta rush that I almost forgot it was here. Sorry for the delayed responses!

Nice job. I didn't really get to listen to the music while playing.

Thanks brah. Yeah, not a lot of people get the chance to get a good listen to the music because the in-game sound effects, on default settings, are pretty loud. It's hard to get a good listen to the music without standing still and doing nothing. Granted, you can turn down the SFX volume through the options.

Nice music, wish i had Alpha's set of music and thanks for uploading the new area music since i am listening it once in a while.

You're very welcome! It's a shame that I didn't have any time at all to play during the Alpha. Otherwise I would have uploaded the Alpha music, too.

Looks like I was right with my 2nd guess of "light, airy, and mysterious." Definitely desert music. SEGA really did a good job this time around (PSU's music was pretty damn bad).

Definitely hit the nail on the head with that guess, that's for sure. You were right on the money.

The music does feel a lot closer to PSO's ambient feel this time around. I found the desert's theme to remind me of Ep. 4's crater at certain points.

It sure does. I'm glad they're finally going back to PSO's style of music, because as Olaf said, PSU's music was horrible. There were a couple decent tracks here and there, but they were few and far between. Now that I think about it, I didn't really care for the music in any Phantasy Star title after PSO.

supersonix9
Jun 20, 2012, 02:29 AM
The opening song to the game is absolutely gorgeous.

I also enjoy the OBT version of City Area.

Porkmaster
Jun 20, 2012, 02:37 AM
The opening song to the game is absolutely gorgeous.

I also enjoy the OBT version of City Area.

Biggest. Signature. Ever.

BIG OLAF
Jun 20, 2012, 02:38 AM
WHAT'S WITH ALL THE PEOPLE FROM FLORIDA ALL THE GODDAMN SUDDEN.

AlMcFly
Jun 20, 2012, 02:39 AM

LOLS +1

supersonix9
Jun 20, 2012, 02:41 AM

Well I think it looks cool, and it passed the size test when I uploaded it.

:P

NoiseHERO
Jun 20, 2012, 02:43 AM

Stole my words.

BIG OLAF
Jun 20, 2012, 02:45 AM
Well I think it looks cool, and it passed the size test when I uploaded it.

:P

Well, 'cool' as it may be, it's still a little bit...uh, big. Not everyone may want to look at it all the time. It takes up a lot of room.

Porkmaster
Jun 20, 2012, 02:48 AM
Well, 'cool' as it may be, it's still a little bit...uh, big. Not everyone may want to look at it all the time. It takes up a lot of room.

Still smaller than Nassandra's tits.

Just sayin'.

BIG OLAF
Jun 20, 2012, 02:55 AM
Still smaller than Nassandra's tits.

Just sayin'.

I-

Wha-

YEAH BUT SO WHAT.

Also, I noticed you don't have the Caves music on the playlist. WHAT GIVES, BACON BOY?

Porkmaster
Jun 20, 2012, 03:10 AM
Yeah, I could never get a good recording of the Caves. Same reason why Vol Dragon's boss music isn't there, either. Vol Dragon's music and the Caves music transition too often into their other variations of their respective songs. Even if there are no enemies near me in the Caves, the music would still transition into the battle theme that plays there. I couldn't get a recording for either song that didn't sound like shit.

Seemed like a bug to me. I'll get around to uploading those themes during Open Beta if the transitions have been fixed.

supersonix9
Jun 20, 2012, 03:12 AM
Yeah, I could never get a good recording of the Caves. Same reason why Vol Dragon's boss music isn't there, either. Vol Dragon's music and the Caves music transition too often into their other variations of their respective songs. Even if there are no enemies near me in the Caves, the music would still transition into the battle theme that plays there. I couldn't get a recording for either song that didn't sound like shit.

Seemed like a bug to me. I'll get around to uploading those themes during Open Beta if the transitions have been fixed.

There didn't really seem to be much of a 'tune' in the Caves anyways.

Also just realized that your the person whose videos I've been listening to for the past two months. Thanks for the uploads.

Porkmaster
Jun 20, 2012, 03:23 AM
There didn't really seem to be much of a 'tune' in the Caves anyways.

Also just realized that your the person whose videos I've been listening to for the past two months. Thanks for the uploads.

Yup, that's me! You're very welcome.

Expect many more uploads once Open Beta starts. Shit's gonna be intense.

Rhypht
Jun 20, 2012, 08:04 AM
Awesome! I've been using songs from this playlist to listen to for a month or so now, but I didn't realize it was updated!

supersonix9
Jun 20, 2012, 08:08 AM
I've always thought that it was pretty slick how the developers decided to randomize sequences in the music every time you played the level, and one thing I've always loved about the music is the perfect transitioning effect between Battle and Exploring. If you listen to Porkmaster's CBT and Pre-OBT versions of City Area, they're completely different.

Kise
Jun 20, 2012, 10:26 AM
Thanks, Porkmaster.

Porkmaster
Jul 7, 2012, 11:06 AM
"Dagan Attack!"
"Masked Figure Part 1"
"Masked Figure Part 2"

Uploaded. I'll have the title music, lobby music, and the new shop lobby music up pretty soon.

Macman
Jul 21, 2012, 11:00 AM
Is Pork still doing these? I wonder if/when an official soundtrack will come out...

Polly
Jul 21, 2012, 11:30 AM
Is Pork still doing these? I wonder if/when an official soundtrack will come out...

It's a fairly popular Japanese released game. I'm pretty sure there's going to be a soundtrack.

ScottyMango
Jul 21, 2012, 11:49 AM
I don't think any online PS game has gone without a soundtrack.

Sayara
Jul 21, 2012, 11:57 AM
I want to just say that CB City's near death music was very welcomed.
holy balls

Clunker
Jul 21, 2012, 12:46 PM
I was looking for the tundra, mines, and Vader's music bits, to no avail...

Cyclon
Jul 21, 2012, 07:36 PM
There is actually a remix of the main theme of PSO episode III in this game. I'd love to see it uploaded.
It's a bit short though.

NoiseHERO
Jul 21, 2012, 07:37 PM
Pork is out there...

In the stars, maaaaan.

Hittin' it off with space bitches.

Porkmaster
Jul 22, 2012, 02:24 AM
My bad guys. I should have said something before I stopped. Well, as of right now I've fallen out of PSO2 for a couple of personal reasons. I shouldn't be away from the game for too much longer.

I'm honestly surprised that no one has picked up where I left off, though. I mean, the game is popular enough. But yeah, I'd give it a week, maybe two, before I start recording and uploading more songs to YouTube. I still plan on getting every track up there before I stop completely, I just can't find the time to play PSO 2 right now as I'm busy with life and I've also gotten back into playing League of Legends. If anyone else plays League and wants to own some noobs together, send a friend request to "Nerjinzul".

So no worries, I haven't stopped. I'm just taking a little break.

Macman
Jul 22, 2012, 06:44 AM
There's a little bit in the Tundra battle music that sounds like PSZ's Snowfield! I loved that stage. :D

Agitated_AT
Jul 22, 2012, 08:40 AM
Where is our tundra ^^

Garnet_Moon
Jul 22, 2012, 04:15 PM
...I could have sworn there was an OST, and I could have sworn it cost money.

JeyKama
Jul 22, 2012, 05:06 PM
Probably thinking of the Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity OST coming out in September, which is supposed to have the short PSO2 theme and some extra unknown tracks, among other things.

sugarFO
Jul 22, 2012, 05:14 PM
Where is our tundra ^^

GIVE US TUNDRA NOW!!!!

Garnet_Moon
Jul 22, 2012, 05:50 PM
Oh. I thought the retail disc for PSO2 is coming with the OST... I can't find the info on it to verify, but I also haven't really searched. lol

Macman
Jul 22, 2012, 05:55 PM
Somebody on steam linked me this. Relevant to my interests.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg6XhwxwS2k

sugarFO
Jul 22, 2012, 06:02 PM

Phantasy Star Online 2 OST: Big Varder Theme - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg6XhwxwS2k)

SWEET! Thank you for sharing!

Garnet_Moon
Jul 22, 2012, 06:04 PM

Phantasy Star Online 2 OST: Big Varder Theme - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg6XhwxwS2k)

I can't stop cumming.
Ikuu~

supersonix9
Jul 22, 2012, 06:12 PM
Upload the Mines music!

Mizunos
Jul 23, 2012, 11:40 AM
since some of you requested tundra:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnuGcCDPANQ

eharima
Jul 23, 2012, 02:16 PM
WELL, Finally got motivated to finish trimming and mastering these tracks,
only been on my pc like a month...
icba to make a video, I dropped them into soundcloud and heres the download link for a .rar that contains both songs in .FLAC and .MP3 320.

1) SHIONS THEME
2) STORY THEME WITH DAT LOLI

Enjoy.
(I couldnt remember the name of the loli in that scene that you rescue ....)

http://www.multiupload.co.uk/HCKASI5NID

http://soundcloud.com/recomend-me-music-like-so/pso2-shion-scene-music

http://soundcloud.com/recomend-me-music-like-so/pso2-story-scene-music

supersonix9
Jul 23, 2012, 03:14 PM

Phantasy Star Online 2 - Tundra BGM - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnuGcCDPANQ)

Wish it was better quality :(

Can anyone upload the Character Creation theme as well?

NVM, FOUND IT. YES!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yFvR-ehxY9A

Macman
Jul 23, 2012, 04:56 PM
Did anyone find the music for the Snow Banshee fight? It's a rage-inducing boss, but damn if it doesn't have good music.

supersonix9
Jul 23, 2012, 06:07 PM
Here's the Subterranean Tunnels music track I made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B53V7FvUg0M

Porkmaster
Aug 7, 2012, 09:32 AM
I thought this might happen during my little break. Looks like supersonix9 is picking up where I left off. That's not a problem, though. I knew it was only a matter of time before PSO 2 got popular enough to have other people besides myself and like... 1 other person uploading music to YouTube.

So, since PSO 2 is a lot more popular now, I'm almost positive that I'll never have a certain song uploaded before someone else on YouTube does. Instead, my objective as of this post is to provide you guys with the best possible audio quality, starting with Big Vader's battle theme. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=witQaXz-IK0&feature=plcp"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=witQaXz-IK0&feature=plcp

supersonix9
Aug 7, 2012, 10:19 AM
Here's the Summer Event Lobby music.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HwtnV8a8NVc&feature=youtu.be

BIG OLAF
Aug 7, 2012, 10:22 AM
It's called "Paracabana Coast", if you want to change the name of the video.

Aeris
Aug 7, 2012, 10:30 AM

Phantasy Star Online 2 - Tundra BGM - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnuGcCDPANQ)

If only it was the battle theme version, would be nice though, thanks for uploading this.

supersonix9
Aug 7, 2012, 10:31 AM
It's called "Paracabana Coast", if you want to change the name of the video.

I'll put the name in the tags, since I think more people will search 'Summer Lobby'.

Thank you though.

EDIT: nvm just added it to the title.

Ezodagrom
Aug 7, 2012, 11:58 AM
So, since PSO 2 is a lot more popular now, I'm almost positive that I'll never have a certain song uploaded before someone else on YouTube does. Instead, my objective as of this post is to provide you guys with the best possible audio quality, starting with Big Vader's battle theme. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=witQaXz-IK0&feature=plcp
Maybe it's just me, but when it comes to quality, I think this one sounds better. ^^;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2tck5COFto

Porkmaster
Aug 7, 2012, 01:23 PM
Maybe it's just me, but when it comes to quality, I think this one sounds better. ^^;

PSO2 ???????? ??BGM - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P2tck5COFto)

You think so? I think it sounds a little muffled and muddy in comparison, but to each their own. I'll respect your opinion.

mctastee
Aug 7, 2012, 06:46 PM
Fucking nice! Good job!

jooozek
Aug 7, 2012, 06:56 PM
You think so? I think it sounds a little muffled and muddy in comparison, but to each their own. I'll respect your opinion.

Did you record your with surround on? That's why the other one might sound muffled and muddy compared to yours.

ScottyMango
Aug 7, 2012, 07:09 PM
Porkmaster's link definitely sounds much higher quality.

Sagasu
Aug 7, 2012, 07:13 PM
Thanks for these!

I've been thinking remix-y type thoughts for a while now and getting these mp3's is just the thing I needed~ : ]

Ezodagrom
Aug 7, 2012, 08:44 PM
I don't really know how to explain it well, but it kinda feels like yours is being played through a radio or something (this is not really a good comparison, but I don't really know how to explain it), it just doesn't sound right to me. ^^;

The one I posted sounds alot more like what is played in-game and in this trailer.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yvZsvDPEEY4

Oh well, opinions, right? ^^

supersonix9
Aug 8, 2012, 02:44 PM
Here's 'The Floating Continent'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35GOwhsHVt4

GCoffee
Aug 8, 2012, 03:04 PM
Huh, with people complaining about the field bgm being boring I really did not expect that kind of track; I think it sounds pretty good, very vivid and well composed in general. Definitely way up there in the top quality-wise.

thanks for the uploads, guys! Much appreciated, always!

supersonix9
Aug 8, 2012, 03:07 PM
Start from 7:20 in my video and tell me that it sounds boring. I dare you.

GCoffee
Aug 8, 2012, 03:09 PM
No, there is definitely a lot of action going on in the track lol. Wonder why people are being so mean to it?! Combined with the crystal dragon BGM this field might be contender for best music in the game imo.

Renvalt
Aug 8, 2012, 03:12 PM
No, there is definitely a lot of action going on in the track lol. Wonder why people are being so mean to it?! Combined with the crystal dragon BGM this field might be contender for best music in the game imo.

Speaking of which, has anyone grabbed hold of this wonderful theme labelled in italics yet? I'm waiting desperately.

supersonix9
Aug 8, 2012, 03:19 PM
Speaking of which, has anyone grabbed hold of this wonderful theme labelled in italics yet? I'm waiting desperately.

I'll get on it.

Renvalt
Aug 8, 2012, 03:30 PM
I'll get on it.

Your work will not go unrewarded, sir. Bring me the musical soul of the Crystal Dragon (AKA his boss theme) and your joys shall be... endless.

supersonix9
Aug 8, 2012, 09:35 PM
Here's the music for the Quartz Dragon boss fight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ7WgoZieks&feature=plcp

Renvalt
Aug 8, 2012, 10:59 PM
Here's the music for the Quartz Dragon boss fight:

Phantasy Star Online 2 - Quartz Dragon - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ7WgoZieks&feature=plcp)

I actually have a link to a cleaner, louder HQ version.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0HlOFJ0OdpI

supersonix9
Aug 8, 2012, 11:14 PM
Doesn't sound clearer to me at all :/

Clunker
Aug 8, 2012, 11:34 PM
Found this on twitter searching for PSO2 talk...
seems to be a fanmix of the Grinder Store guy...
O.o
http://soundcloud.com/croclo/dodo?utm_source=soundcloud&utm_campaign=share&utm_medium=twitter&utm_content=http://soundcloud.com/croclo/dodo

RogueA
Aug 8, 2012, 11:34 PM
Actually sounds kinda "tinny" compare to super's version. Like it's coming through an old radio.

supersonix9
Aug 8, 2012, 11:41 PM
I think I'm still working on getting true HD quality, but I at least feel like what I posted was substantial enough.

If anyone has tips for getting 1080p quality, please let me know so I can post any future tracks in HD.

supersonix9
Aug 11, 2012, 12:05 PM
(Sorry for the double post)

Just uploaded an HD video of the Naverius Tundra music. Also added an HD variation of The Floating Continent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IccSparX_G0

Nikury
Aug 11, 2012, 12:10 PM
It's nice music, but i still listen to the original PSO ep 1 and 2 soundtracks as i play along, lol.

Renvalt
Aug 11, 2012, 10:00 PM

Your version fades in at the beginning. That's not very "clean and loud". The version I posted lacks that fade.

And before you go and say "Just fix it yourself", lemme tell ya something:

-I shouldn't have to be assed to fix an audio error on a song just because the uploader of said song was too lazy to fix it themselves.
-Not all people have the ear for that sort of thing, nor do they have the patience. You can't expect everyone to follow your creed to life.

It's simple, really: All ya gotta do is fix that ONE malignant tumor in your song. That's it. Then we're cool. Oh, and up the volume just a tad. I can't hear the good bits (although that may be because I'm very slightly deaf).

@RogueA - This concerns me.

Actually sounds kinda "tinny" compare to super's version. Like it's coming through an old radio.

You can't really tell that the version I used was ripped. The lack of a fade at the beginning, as well as the entirety of the opening riff, makes it sound more soundtrack-quality. True, it might sound more "fuzzy", but it doesn't cut off a small portion of the song (for me, the opening riff is one of the things that makes the song so awesome).

In Super's version, there's a blatant feeling in just the first second alone that makes it easy to tell that he ripped it - the fade and removal of the first note and a half. Past that, the song's okay - but it's still too quiet compared to the version I got, where I can hear all the notes and harmonies very well.

So in reality, if you think about catching the song in its complete and full beauty, then my version's a little more superior. If you don't like your ears ground to dust (which mine are a little tougher than yours) and don't mind having a note and a half stolen from you, then Super's version is better.

supersonix9
Aug 11, 2012, 10:11 PM
It still.....

Clear = Fuzziness. Mine doesn't have that (or at least to that extent).

Clearness is generally the main thing people want in a music track.

And for the fade? Get over it. It's the first 2 seconds of the video. The track I uploaded is like....6 minutes long? The fade doesn't even take place at the epic parts.

The Walrus
Aug 11, 2012, 10:11 PM
a note and a half

Well shit this changes everything

supersonix9
Aug 11, 2012, 10:16 PM
I don't even like the boss music that much.

And yes, I ripped it. Why? Because you asked me to and I delivered. Where is your gratefulness?

EDIT: Yes I probably should have made it louder, and I'll probably record it again later in even higher quality than what I original recorded it in.

Porkmaster
Aug 11, 2012, 10:21 PM
Hey guys, I appreciate the couple people who picked up where I left off, but this thread isn't about who's link sounds better or clearer, it's about sharing PSO 2's awesome music with everyone.

If you think someone's link sounds better than another, let them know through PM, preferably with tips on how to improve said person's audio quality. I'd rather not have this thread get derailed with useless arguing.

Thanks and enjoy the music!

G.A.M.E.R-X
Aug 11, 2012, 10:27 PM
Hey guys, I appreciate the couple people who picked up where I left off, but this thread isn't about who's link sounds better or clearer, it's about sharing PSO 2's awesome music with everyone.

If you think someone's link sounds better than another, let them know through PM, preferably with tips on how to improve said person's audio quality. I'd rather not have this thread get derailed with useless arguing.

Thanks and enjoy the music!

THIS

christ, this site is one e-peen contest after another.....

supersonix9
Aug 11, 2012, 10:28 PM
THIS

christ, this site is one e-peen contest after another.....

Indeed it is.

EDIT: Going to make an HD remake of the Subterranean Tunnels track; spot reserved

Arika
Aug 11, 2012, 10:35 PM
The floating continent music isn't up yet in the front page link. I wonder if other people had uploaded it some post during this thread?
(not the boss one, just want the area theme to show my friend that it has PSO ep-2 sea bed music mix in)

Actually, do you mind if I request this thread to edit the first page and list available all music regardless of who is the one that uploaded? I can see the future of this thread will have much more pages, and it is going to be hard to find specific song unless it is all collect in first page.

supersonix9
Aug 11, 2012, 10:40 PM
Here ya go!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V9MnxUgaw2o&feature=plcp

Ryoten
Aug 11, 2012, 10:49 PM
SuperSonix9, Thanks bro. The stuff you're doing here is well deserved bro. Keep it up. *back to listening to Varder boss music while drawing*

Porkmaster
Aug 11, 2012, 10:54 PM
Actually, do you mind if I request this thread to edit the first page and list available all music regardless of who is the one that uploaded?

I can do something along those lines. Instead of posting each individual song, I'll put links to YouTube channels for people who are from this community and upload PSO 2 music.

As of right now, the only people that I know from this community who are uploading PSO 2 music are supersonix9, CrysteonSnowflake, and myself. So if there's anyone else out there uploading PSO 2 music, let me know and I'll edit the first post.

Edit: First post updated.

supersonix9
Aug 11, 2012, 11:31 PM
Have some more stuff to upload, but Windows Live Movie Maker is resetting my computer every time I try saving a file.
:S

Porkmaster
Aug 12, 2012, 10:03 AM
Quartz Dragon theme uploaded.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAe5o-f3zTM&feature=youtube"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAe5o-f3zTM&feature=youtube

The Walrus
Aug 12, 2012, 10:16 AM
My body is ready

Para
Aug 18, 2012, 03:40 PM
As much as I am grateful for all the uploads, anyone actually a download for the music files themselves?

NoiseHERO
Aug 18, 2012, 03:46 PM
As much as I am grateful for all the uploads, anyone actually a download for the music files themselves?

Youtube downloaders...

Myciah
Aug 18, 2012, 04:18 PM
One thing I have noticed is the omission of room songs.

ScottyMango
Aug 18, 2012, 04:27 PM
Because they're all from other games and have already been uploaded elsewhere.

Porkmaster
Aug 20, 2012, 12:03 AM

All songs uploaded by me are available in 320kbps MP3 via Mediafire under my "Phantasy Star Online 2 Music" playlist.

First post updated to prevent questions like this from popping up in the future, hopefully.

Arika
Aug 20, 2012, 03:47 AM
I dunno why, but I want to make this notify to whoever who may not notice. But after I listen to whole 9-10 min uploaded song of floating islands, those are still not even complete the whole song yet. there are some noticeable part remain that I couldn't hear it on the youtube you guys put, while I can hear them in roaming game sometimes.

So I think either the person who upload them should stay no enemy area longer? or need to shift between enemy and no enemy more often? There supposed to be around 15 sec part that really similar to PSO2 sea bed theme that missing here.

(note: I think that part play sometimes after you killed all near by enemy, and music turn into quite part)

supersonix9
Aug 20, 2012, 03:50 AM
I dunno why, but I want to make this notify to whoever who may not notice. But after I listen to whole 9-10 min uploaded song of floating islands, those are still not even complete the whole song yet. there are some noticeable part remain that I couldn't hear it on the youtube you guys put, while I can hear them in roaming game sometimes.

So I think either the person who upload them should stay no enemy area longer? or need to shift between enemy and no enemy more often? There supposed to be around 15 sec part that really similar to PSO2 sea bed theme that missing here.

(note: I think that part play sometimes after you killed all near by enemy, and music turn into quite part)

Yeah that's the hard part about recording music from this game. I couldn't quite get the whole track in my video. You'll see that pretty much all of the other uploads of any given field's track is "incomplete"

Macman
Aug 20, 2012, 08:45 AM
You'll probably just have to wait for an official soundtrack in order to catch the entirety of the field themes.

Vashyron
Aug 20, 2012, 09:24 AM
It's not a "time" based thing, certain track parts depend on more than just being In Battle or Out.

Porkmaster
Sep 2, 2012, 08:39 AM
Hey guys. I'm just poppin' in here one last time to let you all know that as of this post, I am no longer playing PSO 2. Does this mean that I'll stop uploading the music to YouTube? I'm not sure. I may start missing the game at some point and play again, but I'll start uploading the music again if either

A) Sega gets their act together
or
B) The official soundtrack is released

Whichever comes first. I want to thank everyone in this thread for their support over the months, I couldn't have done it without you. If you guys and gals want to just let this thread die, that's fine. If someone wants to pick up where I left off, that's fine too. Not sure where SuperSonix9 went, he was doing a good job.

Anyway... I'm not very good with goodbyes, so yeah. Later.

Jkid
Sep 2, 2012, 09:39 AM

What made you quit?

supersonix9
Sep 2, 2012, 12:32 PM
Hey guys. I'm just poppin' in here one last time to let you all know that as of this post, I am no longer playing PSO 2. Does this mean that I'll stop uploading the music to YouTube? I'm not sure. I may start missing the game at some point and play again, but I'll start uploading the music again if either

A) Sega gets their act together
or
B) The official soundtrack is released

Whichever comes first. I want to thank everyone in this thread for their support over the months, I couldn't have done it without you. If you guys and gals want to just let this thread die, that's fine. If someone wants to pick up where I left off, that's fine too. Not sure where SuperSonix9 went, he was doing a good job.

I've been having problems uploading, and there aren't many more tracks that needed to be uploaded, so yeah.

Porkmaster
Sep 11, 2012, 01:57 AM
A lot of people are still asking me to put all of Dark Ragne's phases into one song, so I'm here to deliver. Clocking in at 12 minutes 18 seconds, "Dark Ragne (All Phases)" will be uploaded shortly. I'll edit this post with a video link once it's done.

Edit: Here ya go! Enjoy!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UKwUwM3z7k"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UKwUwM3z7k

Clunker
Sep 14, 2012, 08:47 AM
Thanks Porkmaster! Would there be a possibility you could upload that compiled track?

Also, sad to see you go - ran in MPAs with you a few times I think, and I loved being able to put PSO2 Theme Music on my iPhone....

Blizz3112
Sep 15, 2012, 07:05 AM
Good job, Porkmaster... I see you took some effort in making a great final take on the Dark Ragne theme, the best one as of yet on Youtube (and probably on the whole web). ;-)

Porkmaster
Sep 23, 2012, 01:39 AM
WHOOPS, this song is definitely not the Ruins and I have no idea why I thought it was. It's either the battle variation for Darker's Den or Falz Hunar's theme, so to prevent people from getting confused, I'll just change the title to "???" until I figure out where this damn song goes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrfKigtUhwQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XrfKigtUhwQ

LeoSan
Sep 24, 2012, 10:05 PM
I like PSO2 Music, it has a fitting beat for every situation and really gets the job done.
It really is the kind of music I prefer to be listening to while I play, unlike some other mmos out there.
the changes and progressions are cool too, it's not some track slapped there, it's really thought out.

I'd download op's mediafire links but for some reason he didn't zip the files and placed them all in a mediafire folder that requires some pro-membership to download, who does that? I mean, 2012, zip files anyone?

ScottyMango
Sep 25, 2012, 02:58 AM
I'm actually starting to become quite disappointed with PSO2's music. 90% of the battle music sounds like the same spastic, hyper beat over and over. It has no finesse or emotion, it's just spewing a ridiculous amount of notes and lackluster, uninteresting beats at your face.

It manages a certain amount of intensity, but it is a shallow intensity. That said, the slower melodies are decent, but the vast majority of them tend to completely ambient and have no real theme other than 'wooshy purdy noises'. The note progression doesn't pull you in any direction, it's just there, twinkling away.

PSO1, and even PSU (a game which I cannot fuckin' stand) had far more impressive melody/note progression. They had a certain kind of power portrayed through their notes, be it the heavy battle music like the IDOLA tracks or a relaxing song like the Neudaiz city theme.

PSO2's music also feels very disjointed. It never really goes anywhere. To me, most of the tracks are more of a compilation of ambient noises than actual 'songs'.

I'll use this as an example of what I'm talking about:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YI_IGFBOTHE

The song starts out so mysterious and dark, very haunting but at the same time relaxing. It eventually builds up into a heroic, bright sounding melody. Sounds very 'adventury' and creates a wonderful, emotional atmosphere. Even from a 'technical' view of music, it is very impressive.

PSO2 has nothing that resembles any of that, which was a huge part of the feeling of the older games. The only one that does a half decent job at that feeling is the Naberius calm music, and even that is much more ambient than melodical (is that a real word?).

It just straight up lacks emotion. Remember this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xEEQrK3THPE
1:24 is an absolute masterpiece. It really does make me a bit sad that there is nothing in PSO2 that even remotely resembles that kind of emotion.

gigawuts
Sep 25, 2012, 03:39 AM
I agree Scotty. 90% of the time spent in combat the music sounds and feels identical.

I do like that they seem to add music to areas to help make them unique, but don't like that they give it that unique feel this much after the area launches. I like the desert's new stuff, for instance, and would have liked to have listen to it when it was the highest level area way back when (way way way back, like, a few months ago, which is considered "way back").

Cyclon
Sep 25, 2012, 04:22 AM
PSO2 has nothing that resembles any of that, which was a huge part of the feeling of the older games. The only one that does a half decent job at that feeling is the Naberius calm music, and even that is much more ambient than melodical (is that a real word?).
While I mostly agree with what you said, I must admit I was pleasantly surprised by that song:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjlUw27P3Bo#t=19m11s

Anyone else heard EP III's main theme in this?

Oh, and uh, spoilers, I guess.

ScottyMango
Sep 25, 2012, 04:23 AM
I like and dislike the fact that they add new pieces to the already existing area music. I like it because well, obviously, there's something new to listen to.

However I dislike it because constantly adding on to a song takes away from its originality. When there's multiple versions of a song, its original 'personality' tends to get lost. Then again, the way PSO2's music is designed makes adding something very easy. Like I said, it's disjointed, made up of a bunch of tiny little parts that don't necessarily flow the way a proper melody should.

The Sub-Tunnels suffers hugely from that fact. It has this one little part that is just fantastic, and then it sounds like it's going to flow into something just as nice... but instead, it just stops and plays whatever random part it feels like. There is no more to that piece, and it really leaves you wanting more.

I guess that kind of design makes sense when you're trying to make the music suit the current environment, but that's not how music traditionally works. It sounds as if a computer is trying to design the flow for you (because it is) and a computer will never be able to "understand" music the way human minds do.

While I mostly agree with what you said, I must admit I was pleasantly surprised by that song:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjlUw27P3Bo#t=19m11s

I haven't played that far into the story yet, so I wasn't aware of that song. It's a nice surprise to hear Ep3's melody there. However, that doesn't really say much against the fact that PSO2 lacks it's own 'powerful' pieces. That's just re-using an old melody from a game with much more impressive music, but still kinda nice nonetheless.

Also, is anyone aware if there is a video of the Floating Islands music that contains the call-back to Sea Bed? None of the videos I could find had that part in it.

Blizz3112
Sep 25, 2012, 06:14 AM
I agree Scotty. 90% of the time spent in combat the music sounds and feels identical.

I do like that they seem to add music to areas to help make them unique, but don't like that they give it that unique feel this much after the area launches. I like the desert's new stuff, for instance, and would have liked to have listen to it when it was the highest level area way back when (way way way back, like, a few months ago, which is considered "way back").

yes yes... you already mentioned that on response to my post a while ago... don't start posting just because you can... ;-)

Agitated_AT
Sep 25, 2012, 06:27 AM
Scotty, you convinced me. You are right :)

ScottyMango
Sep 25, 2012, 09:18 AM
Can't tell if you're being snarky/sarcastic or not, but if you are, it's only partly opinion. A lot of it is just fact - it's just how the music is written and designed.

I could get into the nitty-gritty technical detail about it if you would like me to.

Agitated_AT
Sep 25, 2012, 09:56 AM
I know it is a cruel world, but I was being serious. I didn't think of it that way before and told myself that the music is fine, but you made a good point there.

I could get into the nitty-gritty technical detail about it if you would like me to.
Gladly

Porkmaster
Sep 26, 2012, 03:21 AM
I'd download op's mediafire links but for some reason he didn't zip the files and placed them all in a mediafire folder that requires some pro-membership to download, who does that? I mean, 2012, zip files anyone?

It doesn't require a pro membership. If you're clicking on "download folder," then that may prompt you to go pro, but if you want to download a song, just click on the song you want to download, then download it. I put each song up individually so people can cherry pick their favorite songs and download them that way. If you like all the songs, yet are too lazy to put them in a queue and download individually, then please stop complaining. You aren't entitled to anything.

Punisher106
Sep 26, 2012, 10:32 AM
I'm still waiting for the PSE burst variants to come up. I like the subterranean tunnel's PSE Burst music. It makes me think of the Yellow Drill from Sonic Colors. :X

Porkmaster
Sep 26, 2012, 10:10 PM
PSE burst variations may take a pretty long time. I haven't played PSO2 in awhile, plus I'll need a team to set up the PSE burst the way I want for recording purposes.

However, I have been talking to others and may start playing again when Falz Hunar is released. I'll see what I can do then.

[SPOILER-BOX]Not PSO2 related, but you guys should also check out the Redux: Dark Matters soundtrack (http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLHnHRRMam7Zu-kkj1IRckVgE7pc15ZCi&feature=view_all). It's an amazing soundtrack.[/SPOILER-BOX]
Also, some good news! Thanks to Resanoca, I was able to get my hands on the Alpha 2 files. If everything goes according to plan, I should be able to extract a lot of Alpha music, piece 'em all together and upload them, since Sega didn't start heavily encrypting their files until Beta.

Sparzyle
Oct 3, 2012, 05:30 AM
I uploaded the Team Room's music (had this song like since the alpha test days, which was streamed during a Akihibara Festival or something. I see now they used this song for the team rooms)

*Link removed* :B

Porkmaster
Oct 3, 2012, 05:39 AM
Yo, just a heads up: I don't think linking to mediafire is allowed. Good job, though!

Agitated_AT
Oct 3, 2012, 07:06 AM
I agree they need to go back to simple calm music and battle music. There are grea pieces which ive only been able to hear once or twice. They seem very proud but the result is dumb

Sparzyle
Oct 3, 2012, 11:06 AM
Yo, just a heads up: I don't think linking to mediafire is allowed. Good job, though!

Oh lol sorry then I'll remove the link, could you upload it to Youtube or something to keep the link?

Porkmaster
Oct 3, 2012, 08:21 PM
Oh lol sorry then I'll remove the link, could you upload it to Youtube or something to keep the link?

Will do, I was going to ask you if I could upload it to my channel, but I forgot. I'll give you credit.

D3MON
Oct 3, 2012, 08:40 PM
Im waiting for Sega to re-release Burning Rangers Disc Again.

Porkmaster
Oct 3, 2012, 09:13 PM
Im waiting for Sega to re-release Burning Rangers Disc Again.

This needs to happen immediately. Hurry, someone start a Kickstarter!

Also, just uploaded "Team Room," courtesy of Third Twin. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWJE1uh7_Ro"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWJE1uh7_Ro

Sparzyle
Oct 6, 2012, 04:54 PM
Just a question: Do the actual lobby's music is from PSU or something? It sounds like Othoku City

I want that song D:

@Porkmaster: Thanks for the credit (:

BIG OLAF
Oct 6, 2012, 04:55 PM
Just a question: Do the actual lobby's music is from PSU or something? It sounds like Othoku City

I want that song D:

It's a variation of "Shitenkaku", from the lobby of the same name in PSU.

[SPOILER-BOX]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjFKQWFTu-o"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjFKQWFTu-o[/SPOILER-BOX]

Sparzyle
Oct 6, 2012, 05:22 PM
It's a variation of "Shitenkaku", from the lobby of the same name in PSU.

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjFKQWFTu-o[/SPOILER-BOX]
Thanks (: Kinda dissapointed I was wishing this to be a PSO2 remix from an old song of the previous games :l

Renvalt
Oct 8, 2012, 04:10 AM
I noticed the last event lobby was PSU's Parcabana Coast (which since I'm not a big PSU-er, have no idea where it plays in that game). This one is Shitenkaku, so anyone wanna have a guess at what they might use for Halloween?

My thoughts are: They'll either recycle PSU's Halloween theme, use Ethan's AOTI theme, or break from their current habits and make something original.

gigawuts
Oct 8, 2012, 04:23 AM
I noticed the last event lobby was PSU's Parcabana Coast (which since I'm not a big PSU-er, have no idea where it plays in that game). This one is Shitenkaku, so anyone wanna have a guess at what they might use for Halloween?

My thoughts are: They'll either recycle PSU's Halloween theme, use Ethan's AOTI theme, or break from their current habits and use the PSO1 halloween theme.

Just a small correction.

I'd like them to change it up and use Pumpkin Hill though.

Renvalt
Oct 8, 2012, 04:41 AM
Just a small correction.

So using my thoughts you edited one part and made them your own? I'm okay with that.

Also, Pumpkin Hill from SA2? That would be nice, but they'd have to take out the Knuckles' centered rap from the song - it wouldn't exactly fit in PSO2.

LinkKD
Oct 8, 2012, 04:47 AM
Just a small correction.

lol pumpkin hill...that'd be epic =w=

regarding the topic as a whole...my quick thoughts about PSO2 music:

it's good, you can see that A LOT of effort has been put into all the transitions and everything...but there's something that bothers me a lot in it...

it's not so melodious...it seems to be designed more to be a background music, rather than a good music on itself...meant to work with the place or the situation...

and that feels like a downgrade to me, from the PSO1 songs...that by themselves would already put on a show

I won't lie though...ragne, quartz, vardha, banther/banshee themes are all pretty good imo...and the miniboss one too...I just feel they lack...melody variation. The instruments harmony is very well done...but the lack of melody variation makes me sorta sad >:

(vol's theme though...I really dislike it straight up...don't like anything about it ;/...I much prefer to just put my old "Growl From the Dephts of the Earth" to fight Vol)

meh...idk for sure...I'd have checked the rest of the topic to know how the general discussion was like...but I don't have time for it right now.

and ah, another thing that bothers me to no end is how free field bosses don't get their theme |: ...like...really...why don't they just kick in the boss' theme if it shows up in the field??

one could argue it's due to programming issues and there wouldn't be a good way to trigger it properly and blabla...but no! you can notice that when you start bosses in their arena, their theme only starts playing when you get close to them...which shows they could very well just have the boss theme trigger on a code duel as soon as you got close to the boss in a free field, and end it once the boss was killed.

it looks like something small...but imo this would improve the game greatly. Field bosses would get a whole new feel...to me at least.

like...come on! when was the last time I could hear ragne's theme in-game? D: ...it's been literally months. Such a good theme and it barely can be heard in-game ;c

Renvalt
Oct 8, 2012, 04:59 AM
As far as the boss themes go right now, this is how they rank for me:

#1 - Snow Banther/Banshee
#2 - Falz Hunar
#3 - Quartz Dragon
#4 - Zeshreida
#5 - Big Vardha

Which reminds me.... We won't be able to hear Zeshreida's theme for a while now, will we? That sucks, because I wanted to put that on my iPOD (as well as see if I could give it some wacky PSO1/PSU based name).

I mean, so far these are the fan names I've given the boss themes:

Rockbear and Co. - Unnamed (Just because I can't think of anything this theme might go with)
Vol Dragon - Growl, For the Wounded Heart
Snow Banther/Banshee - Bare the Frenzied Fang
Big Vardha - Rebirth The Forgotten Colossus
Quartz Dragon - Growl, For the Shattered Heavens
Dark Ragne - Purge The Tainted Chrysalis
Falz Hunar - "IDOLA" The Wicked Blade

Porkmaster
Nov 4, 2012, 11:32 PM
I've been doing some work with the Alpha files since I got them from Resanoca. Using 109 music files played back-to-back that were extracted from the Alpha client, here's Vol Dragon's theme.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgc8ID3M2mo"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xgc8ID3M2mo

untrustful
Nov 5, 2012, 01:40 AM
Awesome.

Porkmaster
Nov 5, 2012, 01:45 AM
Awesome.

Thanks brah. It was a lot of work, but at least there is a Vol Dragon theme with proper transitioning of phases now. It's almost impossible to get the theme to sound this organized recording it in-game because it's too unpredictable.

Zyrusticae
Nov 5, 2012, 11:55 PM
Oooh, that is a really nice rendition of it...

With how modular it is, I can see major potential for making custom arrangements for it. Very nice.

untrustful
Nov 6, 2012, 01:11 AM
Yeah I can tell. Deserves 3 thumbs up imo.

Porkmaster
Nov 6, 2012, 12:34 PM
Thanks guys, your support means a lot. :)

Well, back to Halo 4! Gotta use up my double XP!

valmont
Nov 7, 2012, 12:27 AM
Man, you're awesome.. Thanks a lot for this.
i really like Quartz and vader theme.. xD

Porkmaster
Nov 10, 2012, 01:58 PM
Here ya go, have some Ruins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-0nG2VFu_Q&feature=plcp"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-0nG2VFu_Q&feature=plcp

Zyrusticae
Nov 17, 2012, 01:01 AM
Oddly enough, that recording of the Ruins music completely omits my favorite part. In light of that, I did my own recording:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeMdjIeJaPs

It's pretty amusing how much SYMPATHY screws around with the arrangement, to the point where no two recordings may ever be the same.

Macman
Nov 17, 2012, 08:38 AM
Oddly enough, that recording of the Ruins music completely omits my favorite part.

It's pretty amusing how much SYMPATHY screws around with the arrangement, to the point where no two recordings may ever be the same.
That's why I can't wait for an official soundtrack. It'll have the complete tracks the way they were intended to be played.

SYMPATHY is far from perfect, I've had multiple cases where two versions of Zeshy's boss theme would be playing at the same time, at different pitches. It was horrifying.

EvilMag
Nov 22, 2012, 07:17 PM
Bumping this thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1L9ExQg8QOI&list=UUQg5xPLqslt7qx6MOBXHpEA&index=1&feature=plcp
Thanks to Adria ingame for ripping this.

Renvalt
Nov 22, 2012, 11:57 PM
Hey Porkmaster, I know you already have Falz Hunar's theme up there - but if possible, could you get a hold of and upload the more up-to-date version? The reason I ask is that from the videos I'm seeing, there's an extra movement to the entire song that goes between the intro bit and the second chord.

For clarity purposes, I'll give you a video example:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6L5mWhELFPE

At about 0:34 to 1:06 (give or take a few notes), you catch the newer section of the song that your version lacks. So by retrospect, your version at 0:16 is missing that beat and skips straight to the second chorus. It might help.

I'd record it myself, but there are two BIG problems with that:

1)I'm not that far, and nobody else has the up-to-date version (not to mention the only one who even has the song would be you).

2)My PC would go under if I tried to record it, not to mention I wouldn't know how to grab just audio and not visuals as well.

Again, it might help you keep your gamerip database up to date, since people probably don't realize there's more to Falz Hunar's song than what they've already heard via you.

Also, please try to get the normal version if possible - the screwed up pitch and high pitch versions make my ears bleed (if you're gonna include the high pitch version, perhaps do it at the end of the normal pitch instead of midway - a sudden bump in pitch would sound horrid).

And to all you losers who use Force when you record this, I say this: Try meleeing the bastard and actually see if he's as easy as you say (and no, I'm not talking daggers or anything that can just guard) - because from the looks of it, you just elemental nuke/bullet spam him to death and complain he's easy when all you did was run away and throw sparklies/pew pew at him.

Porkmaster
Nov 23, 2012, 07:44 PM
If possible, could you get a hold of and upload the more up-to-date version?

Yeah, for sure. I should have the updated version uploaded over the weekend.

Renvalt
Nov 23, 2012, 11:08 PM
Yeah, for sure. I should have the updated version uploaded over the weekend.

Thanks a ton, man. Also, an optional request if at all possible - could you either record and upload an HQ version of the Snow Banther and Zeshreida battle themes or give me the equalizer values you use to make your songs HQ?

I ask because there's like, only one video of those and they're (no offense to you, Crysteon) not exactly good quality. I've tried to fix them on my own but I can't replicate the same "crispness" that you are able to get with yours. If I knew the EQ values, I might be able to snag that perfect sound, but even then I'm not 100% sure.