PDA

View Full Version : More of a PC problem than a PSO2 problem...

lKeima
Apr 25, 2012, 09:53 PM
My friend isnt really the most computer savvy person out there, but i checked the specs of his PC and he should be able to run it fine. Although there is this one error he cannot solve:

http://puu.sh/rwTw

Randomness
Apr 25, 2012, 10:04 PM
That error is not very helpful, unfortunately.

So very many many things could be causing it, so... try re-installing it? I dunno, it's just not helpful at all.

Bakazuki
Apr 25, 2012, 10:13 PM
Yeah, it might help if you describe what occurs/what your friend does with the application before that message pops up. Not many people (if at all) can look at those values alone and immediately say, "Oh, that's because of this, this, and this." We can't help if you don't put it in layman's terms, since not all of us are tech savvy at that level.

What's the frequency of this error, for example? Is it consistent or random? Can you figure out any pattern that might pertain to this error (see above)?

AnnabellaRenee87
Apr 25, 2012, 10:15 PM
go in to the command line and run chkdsk /r /f It will say it needs to lock the drive or something like that just hit "Y" for yes and then hit enter, reboot and let check disk attempt to look and fix errors.

Defrag after that. 60% of the time at work that fixes it.

lKeima
Apr 25, 2012, 10:16 PM
Right after character creator it seems it always occurs... @Neo: ill tell my friend to try that.

Convex10Wolf
Apr 25, 2012, 10:24 PM
I had this same problem myself on the Laptop, however I found out the laptop does not have a graphic card but a chip set that didn't work out. So I moved it to my PC. Now at first it didn't work no screen error just a black screen, but then I changed my screen resolution from 1920x1280 to 1360x768 now I can run it no problem. So my suggestion here is try to change the screen resolution if it helps I can look more into it.

kyuuketsuki
Apr 25, 2012, 11:22 PM
1) Reinstall
2) Run Check Disk
3) Reseat RAM
4) If this is Windows 7, run Memory Diagnostics Tool (instructions here (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Diagnosing-memory-problems-on-your-computer)).

BahnKnakyu
Apr 25, 2012, 11:41 PM
Also another shot in the dark, run the file check option (second below game option) at the game launcher.

KyAniki
Apr 26, 2012, 03:09 AM
I had this error too, in both the game and the character creator (though in that, it just stopped responding). Your friend needs to change the graphics settings to simple shaders in the options. (Screenshot in the spoiler)

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/mUMMX.png[/spoiler-box]

It won't look as pretty after but it will work. Does your friend happen to have an ATI card? This seems to be a pretty common problem with them.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 26, 2012, 03:47 AM
I had this error too, in both the game and the character creator (though in that, it just stopped responding). Your friend needs to change the graphics settings to simple shaders in the options. (Screenshot in the spoiler)

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/mUMMX.png[/spoiler-box]

It won't look as pretty after but it will work. Does your friend happen to have an ATI card? This seems to be a pretty common problem with them.

^ this, pretty much all my buddies had problems with playing pso2 on laptop. told them to turn graphics to minimum and bam they could all run it.

lKeima
Apr 26, 2012, 05:08 PM
My friend got it working! Thanks!

Clessy
Apr 26, 2012, 05:18 PM
Dude totally pisses me off I assumed the ingame video settings where the only ones that mattered. I had shaders on simple this whole time. Not that it looks really any what better but, the spell effects don't look like pure shit anymore.

On the other graphic row whats being said. Low medium high?

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 26, 2012, 05:29 PM
Dude totally pisses me off I assumed the ingame video settings where the only ones that mattered. I had shaders on simple this whole time. Not that it looks really any what better but, the spell effects don't look like pure shit anymore.

On the other graphic row whats being said. Low medium high?

you mean COLUMN? ho ho ha ha

yeah it's talking about textures. from top to bottom its high, med, low.