PDA

View Full Version : What will happen to our chars after the closed beta ends?

Daveach
Apr 26, 2012, 12:22 AM
What will happen to our chars after the closed beta ends?
Im making this question because, the only closed beta ive been into is TERA's, and they deleted our chars...
Have SEGA said something? or what do you think??
Thats all, thanks for reading.

goldwing
Apr 26, 2012, 12:23 AM
they will b wiped

Daveach
Apr 26, 2012, 12:24 AM
;_; really???
aaaw, that sucks...

goldwing
Apr 26, 2012, 12:26 AM
yep. ik it sucks.

Daveach
Apr 26, 2012, 12:28 AM
u...u oh well...thats just depressing...anyway, back to hunt, thanks for answering so fast

~Inu~
Apr 26, 2012, 12:29 AM
I was also wondering, is there any information as to what's going to happen to our login IDs or our Arks Card ID#s?
I'm sure our IDs will not change, but i'm a little curious how Sega is going to handle us non JP-users who have made IDs for the game on their JP website.

goldwing
Apr 26, 2012, 12:29 AM
np anytime :)

I was also wondering, is there any information as to what's going to happen to our login IDs or our Arks Card ID#s?
I'm sure our IDs will not change, but i'm a little curious how Sega is going to handle us non JP-users who have made IDs for the game on their JP website.

now that i do not know

~Inu~
Apr 26, 2012, 12:30 AM
Huh, i'll have to dig around and see if I can find anything on that. Thanks.

goldwing
Apr 26, 2012, 12:31 AM
Huh, i'll have to dig around and see if I can find anything on that. Thanks.

np sorry i couldnt help you out there

Dragwind
Apr 26, 2012, 06:07 AM
Our characters will most likely be wiped. At first I was thinking of the possibility that they might get transferred over to the open beta, but since we got a huge amount of free AC to spend on some things that can't be reversed (exp boosts, etc) then I highly doubt it.

After all, this whole beta is just a test.

Mag-X
Apr 26, 2012, 10:08 AM
Yeah. This is why I haven't been playing much. After the excitement wore off, there isn't much reason to keep going when they're just going to delete everything.

DemonMike
Apr 26, 2012, 10:36 AM
There isn't much reason to keep going when they're just going to delete everything.

Well, there's the fact you can keep going to unlock all the features and test them all considering that's the point of an open beta.

Mega Ultra Chicken
Apr 26, 2012, 11:04 AM
Now I'm wondering... If I got into this phase of beta, does that mean I'm guaranteed a slot for the next phases, or do I need to sign up for those individually?

Cyrusnagisa
Apr 26, 2012, 11:28 AM
Most Closed Beta tests will have their characters wiped, and they tell you right up front, its one of those things. You are not here to play the game, it is a test.

Du1337
Apr 26, 2012, 11:36 AM
I was wondering,

people are playing the closed beta now, wich is about to end soon.

Are these players able to plat the open beta with the same character they had or do they have to start from 0?

Im asking because I got an Email for the closed Beta but this will last for so short, that it wont be worth it if I cant use this char in the open beta...

Anyone have a clue?

Zorafim
Apr 26, 2012, 11:45 AM
There should be another topic about this on the first page. By the looks of it, everything will be deleted.

Still, why are you playing a beta if you care about character progression? You should be worried about game progression!

Anon_Fire
Apr 26, 2012, 11:45 AM
I was wondering,

people are playing the closed beta now, wich is about to end soon.

Are these players able to plat the open beta with the same character they had or do they have to start from 0?

Im asking because I got an Email for the closed Beta but this will last for so short, that it wont be worth it if I cant use this char in the open beta...

Anyone have a clue?

everything is wiped out once the closed beta test is over.

Du1337
Apr 26, 2012, 11:47 AM
Yes I am sorry. Just when I made the thread I saw the other one.... Well thats a bummer. Waiting for the open beta then.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 26, 2012, 11:53 AM
Yes I am sorry. Just when I made the thread I saw the other one.... Well thats a bummer. Waiting for the open beta then.

IT HAPPENS TO THE BEST OF US MY FRIEND.

Fujiko
Apr 26, 2012, 11:57 AM
Even though everything will be wiped for open beta. If you think about it, your next time through will be much faster.

You will know what to do and where to go, until you hit new content of course.

Zorafim
Apr 26, 2012, 12:02 PM
It's never happened to me.

Atomsk88
Apr 26, 2012, 12:06 PM
I feel like I missed something, was an open beta soon confirmed? Does it have a date yet?

Vashyron
Apr 26, 2012, 12:08 PM
Closed Beta our data is wiped, Open Beta we keep.

(Can find a source on this somewhere around here or psu blog.)

Fujiko
Apr 26, 2012, 12:22 PM
Closed Beta our data is wiped, Open Beta we keep.

(Can find a source on this somewhere around here or psu blog.)

http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-create-more-characters-with-arks-cash/

"They plan to have you transfer your Open Beta Data to the official game when it starts."

Can't wait for open beta! :D

FerrPSO
Apr 26, 2012, 12:24 PM
I dont even know what to do with the Open beta thingy. I need to know if there will an NA/EU Server, Global one, JP only...

Would be pissed if my progress on Open Beta only applies to the JP server if there even a EU/NA separated server (I wish not, but this is Sega...)

Hayde
Apr 26, 2012, 02:05 PM
I dont even know what to do with the Open beta thingy. I need to know if there will an NA/EU Server, Global one, JP only...

Would be pissed if my progress on Open Beta only applies to the JP server if there even a EU/NA separated server (I wish not, but this is Sega...)

Similar to the OP, I find it odd you are worried about beta progress; yes it is "open" beta and generally that means it's the last one before release...but still, your characters, your progressions are all going to be wiped before launch--more than likely anyway. Given that the structure of PSO2 is an F2P based, it makes complete sense that players would start at level 1 for release so that Sega would get the full benefits of people using their cash shop.

More on that note, there is no reason to be "pissed" about NA/EU servers...for that matter, I wouldn't even worry about it for the time being. There has been literally no announcements regarding any release of this game outside of Japan other than speculations and datamining of region/language options (you can also find these in your config ini/.pso files).

For the time being, just know that the only thing guaranteed regarding PSO2's upcoming 'open' beta and release is that it will be available in Japan. Anything beyond that has not been confirmed, at least nothing short of what I have been able to find.

Zyrusticae
Apr 26, 2012, 02:28 PM
Really, at this point I don't even care if there's an official, localized EN release. The unofficial patch is great and mostly complete, making it trivial to navigate the menus even without a working knowledge of kana and kanji. The lag is actually extremely managable now after the server upgrade, with some very impressive responsiveness considering the sheer physical distance between me (I live in TX) and the server. And of course, there's all the other english-speaking players hanging around in blocks 20 and 21, so even that isn't exactly a barrier.

So, yeah, I'm gonna be jumping into OB and JP release without any qualms, worries, or regrets. There's just no reason not to.

Kinaya
Apr 26, 2012, 02:53 PM
Really, at this point I don't even care if there's an official, localized EN release. The unofficial patch is great and mostly complete, making it trivial to navigate the menus even without a working knowledge of kana and kanji. The lag is actually extremely managable now after the server upgrade, with some very impressive responsiveness considering the sheer physical distance between me (I live in TX) and the server. And of course, there's all the other english-speaking players hanging around in blocks 20 and 21, so even that isn't exactly a barrier.

So, yeah, I'm gonna be jumping into OB and JP release without any qualms, worries, or regrets. There's just no reason not to.

i agree with that, i live in Germany and my ping is pretty good, and the unofficial eng patch is awesome

Dan Maku
Apr 26, 2012, 03:09 PM
What I wanna know is, when will Open Beta start?

Xenobia
Apr 26, 2012, 03:19 PM
Will there be any AC provided for open beta? Im kinda not over testing new characters... but it takes AC, every single time.

FerrPSO
Apr 26, 2012, 03:25 PM
Similar to the OP, I find it odd you are worried about beta progress; yes it is "open" beta and generally that means it's the last one before release...but still, your characters, your progressions are all going to be wiped before launch--more than likely anyway. Given that the structure of PSO2 is an F2P based, it makes complete sense that players would start at level 1 for release so that Sega would get the full benefits of people using their cash shop.

More on that note, there is no reason to be "pissed" about NA/EU servers...for that matter, I wouldn't even worry about it for the time being. There has been literally no announcements regarding any release of this game outside of Japan other than speculations and datamining of region/language options (you can also find these in your config ini/.pso files).

For the time being, just know that the only thing guaranteed regarding PSO2's upcoming 'open' beta and release is that it will be available in Japan. Anything beyond that has not been confirmed, at least nothing short of what I have been able to find.

I tought that the progress from the Open Beta would carry to release. Thats what I mean. Maybe I got it wrong (I know is not usual but I think NA Tera does that).

If they wipe my progres from open beta to release then I dont care (I already had that from all the Alphas and Betas on FFXIV), but if all the progress carries then I would not know what to do.

Its just that I dont want to start in the JP server to have announced some months after the NA/EU server, unless theres some character transfer or global servers.

Yeah I know its just speculation...

Randomness
Apr 26, 2012, 03:31 PM
http://bumped.org/psublog/pso2-create-more-characters-with-arks-cash/

"They plan to have you transfer your Open Beta Data to the official game when it starts."

Can't wait for open beta! :D

What would be awesome is if they had a way for us to play in OB and then transfer chars once the NA launch comes.

Xenobia
Apr 26, 2012, 03:33 PM
Ping is not a issue regarding server location. Its a fairy tale... in the age of 2012. Of course it will be higher but its totaly sufficient as long as server is running fine. More important to have some good PC so the loading time is reduced and no hardware lag (that can be the PC or even the server). I had someone in my party, his/her PC was that slow that everytime when we switched area, i was able to kill countless monsters, while that other party member keep stuck for a good while. For me it loads almost instantly.. and im from Europe!

Hayde
Apr 26, 2012, 03:46 PM
In my opinion...if you are able to handle/read the Japanese, I've always had a better experience playing the JP variations of PSO/PSU/etc. Granted, I quit PSU way before the servers came down, but I always felt that the NA/EU servers got short-sided when it came to content via quests and events in PSO/PSOv2/PSOGC/etc.

Although I'm still struggling to this day to fully comprehend a JP client without any translation patches, I've always been willing to take the risk (presuming they don't decide to suddenly implement region/ip blocking for JP PSO2) as I don't have to worry about servers shutting down early or not getting 'included' for whatever events they were holding.

Xenobia
Apr 26, 2012, 03:52 PM
Until that day the only one i know who is performing IP blocking is MS on Xboxlive, Yotube and some other Video hosts. Its not a action regulary done because it does have many risks, especially for a company who cant even protect theyr game without using GG. Naturally every hostile action will be countered by another hostile action, thats the mess of it. So i highly doubt it.

For Sega, as long as they dont see a critical issue caused by the foreigners, they try to keep neutral and simply accept. There is no need to cause unnecessary hostility im term it works without.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 26, 2012, 04:00 PM
Would be funny yet messed up if they restricted purchase of JP version in the states...
Although don't think they could do that....

Xenobia
Apr 26, 2012, 04:09 PM
Not sure what you up to. Nowadays money transfer is extremely global, there is no bounds on that matter anymore. We cant truly control it unless we are hard-rootkiting every single PC on the planet and every single server. The net would become a prisoner cell and WWW ... would have to be renamed.

Jinketsu
Apr 26, 2012, 04:54 PM
Would be funny yet messed up if they restricted purchase of JP version in the states...
Although don't think they could do that....

What would be even funnier is if they charged the Japanese for it, since it's supposed to be a totally free game and all.

Ce'Nedra
Apr 26, 2012, 04:59 PM

This would keep me away from the open beta as well. That and I saw enough in the closed beta, I can wait for end game now. Of other games waiting to be played and finished till then.

Cyrusnagisa
Apr 26, 2012, 06:04 PM

Some companies wipe characters on open betas as well, so when we start open beta, you might want to check.

Mike
Apr 26, 2012, 07:22 PM
Open beta character carry over to normal service.