PDA

View Full Version : Why so stuck up, PC users?

Forte.exe
Apr 26, 2012, 01:11 AM
What does it matter to you guys if the games goes to consoles? although I'm good either way....

NoiseHERO
Apr 26, 2012, 01:15 AM
You're like a year late on this topic, no one cares anymore after the Vita anouncement.

Well, no one should care.

Reia
Apr 26, 2012, 01:16 AM
Still D: PS Vita = NOT SURE IF WANT!

DayDreamer
Apr 26, 2012, 01:19 AM
Well, no one should care.
Yet they do anyway..
Hopefully when people get the game in their hands and play it on the vita they will realize Sega isnt completely stupid.
Im not saying that its a flawless idea but I think they know what they're doing by now..

goldwing
Apr 26, 2012, 01:21 AM
thats a good qustion. yet noone will be able to answer that or silence the people complaning. there numbers are many!!!!!

BIG OLAF
Apr 26, 2012, 01:23 AM
OP just needs a glass of warm milk and a back rub, I think....since nothing else can get these people off their "WHY PC ONLY AUGH?!" tangent.

Well, okay, he didn't go on a 'tangent', and he's not even mad, but still. This topic of discussion is a decomposed horse carcases by now.

Forte.exe
Apr 26, 2012, 01:24 AM
I'm just asking because of an interesting tidbit of info I found. There was a TBA on PSO2 for 360 and PS3, I know not legit but they would'nt throw that out so carelessly right?

BIG OLAF
Apr 26, 2012, 01:28 AM
Most companies do that just in case. It's a safety protocol. Nothing more.

dias_flac_0g
Apr 26, 2012, 01:33 AM
It's better for the game if it stays PC only that way they focus on one platform...

However it's on the PS vita now too sooo =P

That said, it wont come out for a microsoft console that's for sure.

I'm sure Sega wants nothing to do with them anymore. Atleast with a game like this.

Look at 360 psu for the example. That version of the game is lacking content at a laughable retarded level at this point. If you even try out the JP server you'll notice it very quickly.

360 psu can fix this with dlc, but nah, microsoft wants a nice BIG CHUNK of the profit and Sega doesnt want to give it up. That's pretty much the main reason why 360 psu is done for. They are just milking the very lil content they have left and get a few final bucks from it's players before they shut down for good.

Misaki Ki
Apr 26, 2012, 01:47 AM
I'd like it on console, but there's too much red tape and odd console policies there for this game.

On the plus side, I did end up liking how PSU 360 players were with PC/PS2 ones. Not used to them being together, it was nice.

Fujiko
Apr 26, 2012, 01:54 AM
The fear from it going to a console or a handheld is that we would get another PSU repeat.

With them unable to push out large chunks of content. Content could be held back because of Sony/MS has to approve updates. Can't upgrade graphics, game engines or things of this nature.

Forcing the PC versions potential to be limited by old and outdated hardware, because they have to be compatible.

However they are bringing it to Vita (which can get updates) and making it cross platform play, so hopefully it won't be so bad. I don't care either way at this point and just want to play the full game :)

Though for some reason I expect them to announce cross platform play won't work out.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 26, 2012, 02:01 AM
The fear from it going to a console or a handheld is that we would get another PSU repeat.

With them unable to push out large chunks of content. Content could be held back because of Sony/MS has to approve updates. Can't upgrade graphics, game engines or things of this nature.

Forcing the PC versions potential to be limited by old and outdated hardware, because they have to be compatible.

However they are bringing it to Vita (which can get updates) and making it cross platform play, so hopefully it won't be so bad. I don't care either way at this point and just want to play the full game :)

Though for some reason I expect them to announce cross platform play won't work out.

i did not know a lot of what you typed. educating, quality post. +1

NoiseHERO
Apr 26, 2012, 02:04 AM
My thread about sharing you adventures on PSOW dies after two posts, but some guy makes a thread beating the 8th dead horse on this game being about consoles with the contents of the first post basically being "you mad?" and suddenly this thread gets 2 pages in 10 minutes and everyone is ready for a discussion that's already been had 3543455 times...

No wonder all the vets on this site went crazy and just spam the FKL section now...

Konflyk
Apr 26, 2012, 04:15 AM
My thread about sharing you adventures on PSOW dies after two posts, but some guy makes a thread beating the 8th dead horse on this game being about consoles with the contents of the first post basically being "you mad?" and suddenly this thread gets 2 pages in 10 minutes and everyone is ready for a discussion that's already been had 3543455 times...

No wonder all the vets on this site went crazy and just spam the FKL section now...

iknowthatfeel.jpg

Yeah, lets just end this thread, I can't even dive into this honestly, it's a known fact M$, and $ony will just ruin everything with their standards, if anything I'd be hopeful for a Wii-U release due to the controller, otherwise idc.

inb4consolewars

Enforcer MKV
Apr 26, 2012, 04:41 AM
Allow me to sum it up:

Microsoft and Sony have evaluations that content must pass before being implemented. That's any patch, and bit of content, 'any thing' they want to do to the game must pass this test. If it fails, the developer has to go back and rework it, and then submit it again. It's just slower to get content out on the consoles, plain and simple.

Also; the technology on the consoles is static, meaning it can't be upgraded on a whim. PC is much more modular and upgrade friendly. That gives developers the freedom to make the game work to their full vision, instead of being confined to static hardware. They can design a game that requires the best hardware, and ultimately, it shows as the years go on. There's a reason that PC games generally look better than console games. Not to say PSO2 requires the best hardware, but you don't see graphics options on console games, do you?

That's part of the reason why MMOs don't do well on consoles, they need a (semi) steady stream of content to retain players, and as they add content, that requires better hardware.

I am NOT a PC elitist, mind you. I have an xbox 360, and I enjoy playing both. Think of it like this: if you want a platform that is higher maintenance, but has a higher potential for power, go for PC. If, instead, you want a platform that you don't need to fool with, and is easy to operate, you buy a console. That's really the simple long and short of it.

oh, yeah, inb4PC/console wars.

Thread can haz lock now please? ;p

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 26, 2012, 07:23 AM
iknowthatfeel.jpg

M$, and $ony

inb4consolewars
1. ??? don't sound like :spam: forum to me
2. MA$E & FRONY2012
3. Try our PSOW is not a game and it sucks flavor!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v468/HAYABUSA-FMW-/FKLd-Club.jpg

Palle
Apr 26, 2012, 07:50 AM
http://photos.lasvegassun.com/media/img/photos/2008/04/18/scaled.1022_wayne_newton_t653.jpg?214bc4f9d9bd7c08 c7d0f6599bb3328710e01e7b

Hotlinks for justice!

TalHex
Apr 26, 2012, 09:56 AM
LOLDRAMA

NoiseHERO
Apr 26, 2012, 12:23 PM
VICTOLY!

Also PSOW > PSO ep 1 + 2

Forte.exe
Apr 26, 2012, 06:37 PM
I thank you for that! A GOD AMONG FLAMERS!

Nitro Vordex
Apr 27, 2012, 02:11 PM
A flame among GOD'ers. Kids too young for that. :disapprove:

Haven't seem General :disapprove: since the B4R days, with :wacko: -u the B4R tender.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 27, 2012, 03:48 PM
VICTOLY ROSE!

Also PSOW > PSO ep 1 + 2
PSOW EPISODE III THE C.A.R.D. REVOLUTION +

Was pretty coolguy.

PSU was like the timesink minigames in PSO Gamecewb so very loosely Sonic or Team based quests, requiring all kinds of cables and other console systems you probably don't even want and guides to jerpan play with jerkfaces that already speak your own language, that nobody should have played. And nobody even knew about outside them hardcore clubs and elitist forums and pedias.

-----

Shoulda just included Puyo Puyo with online chat em up lobbies.

I challenge you for all the cookies. Come get some.

Arle'ways bet on :witch:
[spoiler-box]
http://puyonexus.net/lib/mediawiki/images/thumb/0/01/Character_Witch_Puyo20thAnniversary.png/357px-Character_Witch_Puyo20thAnniversary.png
[/spoiler-box]

Or Satan (http://puyonexus.net/wiki/Satan)...

gordon/alpha999
Apr 27, 2012, 08:19 PM
*Spams Rafoie in thread*

http://cdn.fd.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/nuclear-explosion.jpg

Randomness
Apr 27, 2012, 08:26 PM
*Spams Rafoie in thread*

http://cdn.fd.uproxx.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/nuclear-explosion.jpg

Oh god I wish.

HAYABUSA-FMW-
Apr 27, 2012, 08:28 PM
A flame among GOD'ers. Kids too young for that. :disapprove:

Bottle of flames, sounds very :disapprove:

http://www.fireballwhisky.com/images/bottle.png

Flaming Moe GOD's?! This was a thing?! How much @ did it cost man.