PDA

View Full Version : Background music skipping

MrPOW
Apr 26, 2012, 09:55 AM
When I run PSO2 on my laptop the music skips and it is very annoying. Especially since the whole reason I bought this laptop was so that I could hook it up to my TV via HDMI and play PSO2 on my TV. The game runs fine otherwise, 100fps+ on the settings I use. However, shortly after starting the game the music will start pausing for a couple seconds at a time, and continue pausing every 10-15 seconds. Has anyone else experienced this issue, and if so has anyone managed to fix it or have ideas?

Specs:
-Core i7-2630QM (2 GHz)
-1GB GDDR5 Radeon HD 6770M
-8GB DDR3 RAM
-640GB 7200RPM Hard Drive

So far I have tried updating my graphics drivers, performing a Windows update, updating my sound drivers, and now I am defragging my hard drive. This is driving me nuts :(

kazuma56
Apr 26, 2012, 10:49 AM
mine does the same but i thought it was because i'm using a 1.5GHZ processor instead of a 2.

I honestly don't know what could be causing it either, as mine is completely random and not at certain times. and I noticed it only skips while in the field and not on the ship.

Link1275
Apr 26, 2012, 11:04 AM
Your sound card needs upgrading, it's outdated.

MrPOW
Apr 26, 2012, 02:15 PM
mine does the same but i thought it was because i'm using a 1.5GHZ processor instead of a 2.

I honestly don't know what could be causing it either, as mine is completely random and not at certain times. and I noticed it only skips while in the field and not on the ship.

Yeah mine mainly does it in the field as well, but also does it on the ship occasionally. My guess is that in order to do the dynamic music in the game, there are dozens of separate music files that are constantly getting stitched together depending on what is going on in the game. I feel like my game is pausing or skipping in between these files.

It can't be a general performance issue because I can turn every setting down to the lowest value and the music still skips.

Your sound card needs upgrading, it's outdated.

The laptop is only 6 months old, so I doubt that.

Dragwind
Apr 26, 2012, 11:27 PM
Try this: Run dxdiag.exe on your computer. Go to the sound tab, and try adjusting the DXsound acceleration setting, then try loading up the game again and see if it makes any difference.