PDA

View Full Version : Question about saving my character.

dias_flac_0g
Apr 26, 2012, 05:48 PM
I was reading throw "Mike's" notes and it seems like you can save your online character on your pc.

How do I do this?

Here's the quote.

"Characters can be saved and loaded as files on your computer"

Any help would be greatly appreciated ^_^

foreignreign
Apr 26, 2012, 06:16 PM
The character design you set up for the characters can be saved (ie: all the make-up/hair/etc stuff), just to clarify.

It's one of the bottom options at the character creation screen where you get to mess with all the features. I'm not at the screen right now but if memory serves it's the 3rd to last option. 2nd to last ought to be load a character.

dias_flac_0g
Apr 26, 2012, 06:52 PM
Ok thank you :)

Question, does this have to be done in the character creation menu when I FIRST make a character or can I do this at the make up shop in the game itself aswell?

Blackheart521
Apr 26, 2012, 08:11 PM
Ok thank you :)

Question, does this have to be done in the character creation menu when I FIRST make a character or can I do this at the make up shop in the game itself aswell?

I looked in the Esthe Shop (makeup shop) and to my knowledge there is no way to save a character after initial character creation, probably because you can get the extra haircuts and such in game so they don't want you to be able to save that character then load a character up when you create a new one with extra hairstyles.

Guess you gotta try to recreate your current character as a new one to save it, maybe take a screenshot and do a side by side of your current character in windowed character creation with the screenshot open next to it.

hope that helps^^

dias_flac_0g
Apr 26, 2012, 08:41 PM
I looked in the Esthe Shop (makeup shop) and to my knowledge there is no way to save a character after initial character creation, probably because you can get the extra haircuts and such in game so they don't want you to be able to save that character then load a character up when you create a new one with extra hairstyles.

Guess you gotta try to recreate your current character as a new one to save it, maybe take a screenshot and do a side by side of your current character in windowed character creation with the screenshot open next to it.

hope that helps^^

Ya I wanted to save my features that way I can just load them up when the real game comes out. I really like how my char came out and I took my time making her. But I will take screen shots of the proportions and facial features etc etc that way i'll have a very good idea of what she looks like and can recreate her in the real game.

DeltaSonic
Apr 26, 2012, 09:03 PM
I actually just got finished doing this because I had made some changes after creation. What I did is open up 4 different slider windows and took a screenshot. Brought up another 4 and did the same and repeated as necessary. Now I didn't want to have to do a side by side comparison so I popped open rainmeter and loaded my pictures as skins. I set transparency to 50%, enabled click-thru and set it to stay on top. At that point all I had to do is line up the sliders with the transparent ones and then save.

Takes a bit of work but I figured it was easier than switching between 2 windows and taking your best guess. You could use any program that lets you overlay an image but I already had rainmeter and couldn't think of anything else that could do it.