PDA

View Full Version : 4/27 Maintenance (4pm to 12pm)

Mike
Apr 26, 2012, 06:37 PM
Do you like maintanence? 'Cause we're having another one today! Once again, when the times are posted, this post will be updated but it's very likely to just a few hours long instead of a long one like yesterdays.

EDIT: Shows how much I know. Today's maintenance will be 5 hours long, running from 4 to 9pm.
EDIT2: Extended to 10:30 pm.
EDIT3: Extended to 12pm.

Reia
Apr 26, 2012, 07:06 PM
Well! All for the sake of testing! I wanna know after they shut down if they gonna say something about the OBT yet!

Ark22
Apr 26, 2012, 07:11 PM
Well now I have time to do my

Emergency: Code Study

Clessy
Apr 26, 2012, 07:14 PM
I dont notice any improvements on this new server at all. Still a fucking lag fest in the lobbies.

Mike
Apr 26, 2012, 07:16 PM
Well! All for the sake of testing! I wanna know after they shut down if they gonna say something about the OBT yet!
There's going to be an announcement at 4pm today that may touch on that.

Ezodagrom
Apr 26, 2012, 07:23 PM
I dont notice any improvements on this new server at all. Still a fucking lag fest in the lobbies.
By "lag fest" do you mean the game running slowly or taking a long time for a chat bubble to appear after you press enter to talk?

There are people who confuse both, if it's the game running slowly though, it's not the servers fault, since that's not related to the servers, it's related to either your own PC or the client software.

Ark22
Apr 26, 2012, 07:26 PM
Lobby lag = Loading a shit ton of people at once and trying to say things or spam meaningless/perverted pictochats.

But besides that actual lag can come from when you try to feed your mag, or sell something and you have to wait like 5-10 seconds after you press the accept button.

=D Hope that clears some stuff up.

Clessy
Apr 26, 2012, 07:28 PM
By "lag fest" do you mean the game running slowly or taking a long time for a chat bubble to appear after you press enter to talk?

There are people who confuse both, if it's the game running slowly though, it's not the servers fault, since that's not related to the servers, it's related to either your own PC or the client software.

Loading. It takes forever for the textures to pop in and it takes even longer with text bubbles.

Also my pc does bog down cause theres about 200 people in a lobby sometimes.

Wayu
Apr 26, 2012, 07:42 PM
Does this make a straight week of maintenance each day?

-Wayu

Griffin
Apr 26, 2012, 07:42 PM

Dude, do you live in Japan? If not, then there is your problem.

kyuuketsuki
Apr 26, 2012, 07:46 PM
I don't live in Japan and, asides from the early problems, I don't have any egregious lag issues. A hiccup here and there, but that's to be expected.

Griffin
Apr 26, 2012, 07:48 PM
So you have a nice rig. The distance is still likely to be an issue.

kyuuketsuki
Apr 26, 2012, 08:20 PM
So you have a nice rig. The distance is still likely to be an issue.
My rig wouldn't have any affect on lag. Unless you're talking about FPS issues, which wouldn't be affected by distance since it has nothing to do with the network connection.

DemonMike
Apr 26, 2012, 08:42 PM
My rig wouldn't have any affect on lag. Unless you're talking about FPS issues, which wouldn't be affected by distance since it has nothing to do with the network connection.

Fucking this. My god, the amount of times I see bitching going on in Block 20 about the how the lobby lag is the servers fault.

Unoptimised code + hundreds of models to render doing a wide variety of animations = slow down in most peoples games.

Griffin
Apr 26, 2012, 08:43 PM
Performance can have an effect on latency if you're not able to process good enough.

Alenoir
Apr 26, 2012, 08:57 PM
Loading. It takes forever for the textures to pop in and it takes even longer with text bubbles.

That's not really lag. At least, not the same kind of lag the rest of Japan experienced during their peak time for the past 7 days and not the kind of "lag" SEGA have been trying to fix.

Waluigi
Apr 26, 2012, 09:04 PM
Performance can have an effect on latency if you're not able to process good enough.

Graphical lag and latency are not related

Griffin
Apr 26, 2012, 09:21 PM
If we're speaking network performance, yes. I said nothing about graphics.

eharima
Apr 26, 2012, 10:53 PM
Does this make a straight week of maintenance each day?

-Wayu

We get FUN points for logging in every day consecutively....
SEGA gets FUN points for server maintenance every day hueuhe

Dragwind
Apr 26, 2012, 10:59 PM
I hardly had any server lag today, so I'm assuming the new hardware is doing good? I'm pretty far from the JP servers.

Zyrusticae
Apr 26, 2012, 11:08 PM
Fucking this. My god, the amount of times I see bitching going on in Block 20 about the how the lobby lag is the servers fault.

Unoptimised code + hundreds of models to render doing a wide variety of animations = slow down in most peoples games.
Actually, I'm pretty sure it's the server's fault.

If it weren't, it would load all of the models in the loading screen, before you're even able to move. As it is? You have to constantly wait for the server to send you the character data before you can see other players' characters. It'd have to be some pretty fucking unoptimized code to explain that level of loading delay.

It's particularly irritating as I have more than enough RAM to load the entire game into memory with no issue, but the game itself just cannot do that, just because of the way model loading works. Grumble grumble, sigh, moan.

Edit: In fact, I put the game on my SSD. If you're not aware, SSDs load insanely fast, fast enough to make most loading delays near-unnoticeable in standard games. Unfortunately, it really does almost nothing for PSO2 - the loading delays are almost the same as with a platter drive, which is just plain nonsense if you're going to blame it on the hardware.

goldwing
Apr 26, 2012, 11:08 PM
I hardly had any server lag today, so I'm assuming the new hardware is doing good? I'm pretty far from the JP servers.

I would think so to. But i havent had lag sense the first night. Maybe its the time i get on

Arika
Apr 27, 2012, 12:24 AM
Well now I have time to do my

Emergency: Code Study
Your study is in emergency!? D:

This!. it seem that the last hardware changed improve a lot here.
I not notice any lag at all. Although i didn't plan much because it is resetting all level soon.

It is one of the reason that JP complain about foreign. well.. I think dancing is still okay tho. Normal chat and shout is also fine, but not repeat them too much. It is not huge issue, can be fixed.

Ark22
Apr 27, 2012, 12:51 AM
Let's take block 20 and PUSH it somewhere else.

Haha joking but come on guys it's a beta, pretty sure they will whip out the bad ass coding after the closed beta is over and fix whatever needs to be fixed. Don't see why you guys are complaining seeing you guys don't work for them or probably have the slightest clue on net coding. We are a guest to the Japanese servers let's at least treat them nicely.

Enforcer MKV
Apr 27, 2012, 12:53 AM
Let's take block 20 and PUSH it somewhere else.

Haha joking but come on guys it's a beta, pretty sure they will whip out the bad ass coding after the closed beta is over and fix whatever needs to be fixed. Don't see why you guys are complaining seeing you guys don't work for them or probably have the slightest clue on net coding. We are a guest to the Japanese servers let's at least treat them nicely.

take the internet. All of it. We never did meet up. Damn my internet D:<

We definitely gotta meet up in OBT or the full release version.

Ark22
Apr 27, 2012, 12:55 AM
take the internet. All of it. We never did meet up. Damn my internet D:<

We definitely gotta meet up in OBT or the full release version.

Tried finding you, but I remember, I have the slightest clue on what your character looks like or his name xD. Just look for me around block 20 :P

youcantcatchtheblue
Apr 27, 2012, 12:57 AM
Dude, do you live in Japan? If not, then there is your problem.

I live in Japan and it's still lag-tastic here. :D

Enforcer MKV
Apr 27, 2012, 12:59 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/album.php?albumid=1929&pictureid=25843

^*Ahem* Giant hulking RACast, kinda looks like a freaking truck....huge launcher on his back.

Totally easy to miss. :p

buri-chan
Apr 27, 2012, 01:06 AM
Still haven't had any maint. How sad.

So what's the t-minus to end of beta? Because I have literally one last client order to do. I have no idea why the hell I've done so much.

james_b
Apr 27, 2012, 01:16 AM
45 mins till maint starts. 5 hours maintenance today so... Servers should be back up around 8 AM EST

SELENNA
Apr 27, 2012, 02:02 AM
I just got dc'ed. Was fighting a dragon in a multy party area, it was hectic

Priest
Apr 27, 2012, 02:05 AM
Man, we were doing cave exploration, Ran across Dark Ragne, Hollow Corpse Dark Ragne, A dragon, and Catarans, then finally got to the end Dragon, killed it, got loot, and DC'd xD

Vashyron
Apr 27, 2012, 02:05 AM
http://pso2.jp/cbt/about/ Yo guys Beta extended till the 30th, 1000 more ac for everyone.

SELENNA
Apr 27, 2012, 02:07 AM
http://pso2.jp/cbt/about/ Yo guys Beta extended till the 30th, 1000 more ac for everyone.

Wow that's nice

AnnabellaRenee87

YOU, MADE, MY, WEEKEND.

Tolaryn
Am I reading that right... are they saying max level characters will get transferred into the open beta?

mommy_cornelia
Apr 27, 2012, 02:08 AM

Thank you for the info :D

Tolaryn
Apr 27, 2012, 02:10 AM
Never mind! Just say Mike's post! Disregard! *laughs*

Eggobandit
Apr 27, 2012, 02:14 AM
too bad i really have nothing to spend AC on

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 27, 2012, 02:15 AM
Well that gives me times to finally make my mags....
been working on
Striking/Ability
Range/Ability
Ability (accidently got 1 level on range and refuse to start over)

njdss4
Apr 27, 2012, 05:08 AM
So much maintenance! I just have to keep telling myself "It's beta, it's beta, it's beta" but then I keep thinking "BUT I WANT TO PLAY!" :D

It's gonna be brutal having to wait for this game to be localized.

GrandTickler
Apr 27, 2012, 05:33 AM
mike please for the love of god add the timezone this maintenance is in. i have no clue how long it takes if u just post some random time.
i asked this yesterday as wel. is it JST?

Macman
Apr 27, 2012, 05:35 AM
All I know is that JapanTime is 13 hours ahead of EST, so if it's 6:30AM here, it's 7:30PM there.

GrandTickler
Apr 27, 2012, 05:36 AM
All I know is that JapanTime is 13 hours ahead of EST, so if it's 6:30AM here, it's 7:30PM there.

ah ok, so i asume this is the right time then :P http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=248

Mike
Apr 27, 2012, 06:20 AM
mike please for the love of god add the timezone this maintenance is in. i have no clue how long it takes if u just post some random time.
i asked this yesterday as wel. is it JST?

Yes, Japanese time.

In the good news department, maintenance has been extended by an hour and a half. Yay!

Spellbinder
Apr 27, 2012, 06:26 AM
I don't approve of your interpretation of the word "good"... >.>

Macman
Apr 27, 2012, 06:30 AM
I can't help but wonder what exactly they're doing during these daily maintenance periods.

GrandTickler
Apr 27, 2012, 06:45 AM
I can't help but wonder what exactly they're doing during these daily maintenance periods.

karaoke and sexy dances in the lobby, the same as we do all day long :P

Mike
Apr 27, 2012, 08:06 AM
Well, the maintenance has been extended again, this time to midnight.

Zyrusticae
Apr 27, 2012, 08:09 AM
LOLWUT.

Poor JP players. They miss out for pretty much an entire day...

Macman
Apr 27, 2012, 08:22 AM
Well, the maintenance has been extended again, this time to midnight. http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194557
Well we know why, at least.

GrandTickler
Apr 27, 2012, 08:37 AM
ffffffuuuuuuuuuu:ak::mac:

moorebounce
Apr 27, 2012, 08:58 AM
So much maintenance! I just have to keep telling myself "It's beta, it's beta, it's beta" but then I keep thinking "BUT I WANT TO PLAY!" :D

It's gonna be brutal having to wait for this game to be localized.

This is why I wish there was an offline mode. 11 PM EST can't come fast enough.

I too sometimes wish there was an offline mode. But maybe the PSU memories are still too fresh in Sakai's mind. :p

Well the mistake was having people play as Ethan Waber. We wanted to create our own character and play. They attempted to make a deeper storyline doing that and it didn't work.

Dabian
Apr 27, 2012, 09:02 AM
I too sometimes wish there was an offline mode. But maybe the PSU memories are still too fresh in Sakai's mind. :p

njdss4
Apr 27, 2012, 09:35 AM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194557
Well we know why, at least.

GDI, if this ends up causing any problems for the rest of us because of one cheater...

GrandTickler
Apr 27, 2012, 09:44 AM
Well, the maintenance has been extended again, this time to midnight.

LOLWUT.

Poor JP players. They miss out for pretty much an entire day...

btw, note that 12pm is midday, not midnight :P

Mike
Apr 27, 2012, 09:49 AM
Maintenance is done.

Zaix
Apr 27, 2012, 09:50 AM
btw, note that 12pm is midday, not midnight :P

Maintenance just ended and its just a bout 12:00am in Japan

njdss4
Apr 27, 2012, 09:56 AM
Maintenance is done.

Hooray, now I just have to get through a sea of 434 errors just to finish patching, and by then I'll be too tired to play! :-P

Vent
Apr 27, 2012, 10:07 AM
I was wondering what the Closed Beta Test Phase 2 of the official tweet saying that the maintenance has ended is referring to.

Wayu
Apr 27, 2012, 10:10 AM
1000 more AC...that's a lot. >.>;

-Wayu

DanteDMC
Apr 27, 2012, 10:47 AM
Everyone back onto the ship!

GrandTickler
Apr 27, 2012, 03:50 PM
Maintenance just ended and its just a bout 12:00am in Japan

then the time specified maintenance was wrong lol