PDA

View Full Version : Ideal Skill Tree set ups

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 27, 2012, 03:15 AM
I know that it's just level 20 atm
But from what is already seen from the beta....

What's the "Recommended" skill tree set up for each class?
And when I saw that referring to combination you'd get the most out of the class...

foreignreign
Apr 27, 2012, 03:19 AM
Hunter: Partisan Gauge, Just Counter, Just Reversal, Fury Stance, Fury Crit, Auto-Mate and then fill in the rest with S-ATK/Just Attack bonus passive skills.

Force: PP Charge Revival, Bolt Tech Save, Just Reversal, max Photon Flare, then fill in the rest with T-ATK/Just Attack bonus passive skills.

Haven't played RA enough to know/care about their skills.

Reia
Apr 27, 2012, 03:19 AM
I expected a thread like this to show up one day! But I rather not suggest my ranger build, it's not only very specific about skill choice but also about the weapons, the elements used, the slots tuned inside of it and still making calculation for the most ideal mag build I should use which I'm not totally sure yet.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 27, 2012, 03:21 AM
I somewhat focused on weak point damage/bullet (Even though idk how to activate weak bullet) on my Ranger but that's probably not the best way to handle that so I got another skill tree so I can redo it.... I saw traps on there but wasn't sure how traps where in game....especially since idk what the heck they look like lol

foreignreign
Apr 27, 2012, 03:22 AM
From what I saw of my friend using traps, they were pretty lame. Can't say much else though.

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 27, 2012, 03:26 AM
Guess could make ranger protranser-ish if you where to focus on traps...I'd hope traps are good if they're are actually focused on

But I'd assume in terms on a full on ranger in terms of power I'd guess worrying about Weak point advance, Weak Bullet, jellen bullet, and any of the Ability branches would be a good start....
Of course that's just reading it on paper and since you only have 20 SP to work with kind of limited...

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 27, 2012, 03:33 AM
for ranger, honestly all trees seem bad. imo most useful skill would be weak point shot. wish you could get panic shot but you cant, chances are it's cooldown is gigantic though. i know bind shot (Which doesn't even bind enemies, i dont know what it does) is like a 60 sec cool down or something.

in all honesty it seems like the best bet with ranger is to just get the weakening shot and put the rest into upgrading your ranger atp. traps also i agree, are pretty bad. their range is bollocks and the damage they do is not worth it. stun grenades seem worthless as well. but they're fun.

as for hunter, although sword gauge is my fav, i'd agree that partisan atm is the easiest weapon and probably most effective. if you can get really good at reading bosses, sword can potentially be better since you should be able to keep gauge up. but at times it's impossible to keep gauge up like when bosses fly, move really fast so you can't reach them.

if bosses were more still sword would be better but yeah since they keep moving around and junk, partisan seems to be the better choice. not to mention it's broken PA is really broken. PLUS, it's dodge is faster, and has a faster animation recovery time.

@foreignreign the skills you suggest can't be used together with only 20 skill points. but you did point out pretty much all the skills that matter (imo at least). i know that fury critical is super low down wired lance branch, while patisan gear gauge is super down it's own branch, and auto mate is super down low sword branch. unfortunately you can only choose 1 lol...

Dark Emerald EXE
Apr 27, 2012, 03:40 AM
How do you use the skill bullets? Like Weak Bullet, Jellen Bullet, etc

foreignreign
Apr 27, 2012, 03:43 AM
@foreignreign the skills you suggest can't be used together with only 20 skill points. but you did point out pretty much all the skills that matter (imo at least). i know that fury critical is super low down wired lance branch, while patisan gear gauge is super down it's own branch, and auto mate is super down low sword branch. unfortunately you can only choose 1 lol...

Yeah but I was just considering what we might be able to get (too lazy to check numbers) once the game releases, at which point we'll have level 40 cap IIRC.

Dinosaur
Apr 27, 2012, 04:34 AM
The skill trees are incomplete at the moment so I suggest not thinking too hard about your builds.

ciroth
Apr 27, 2012, 05:41 AM
what you call "Jellen bullet" is not for rifle or gunslash users, it is a Jellen Rocket used for launchers only. For CBT, i recommend getting Jellen shot if you are mostly a launcher user. with CBT end game bosses, with jellen effect... these bosses only hitting for 1 dmg. Lets your melee teammates go crazy without bothering to dodge when the boss is purple =P Even the boss's magic and range attacks deals 1 dmg with jellen effect. Total nerf.

Lvl 10 is i think 4 or 5 shots of Jellen, 90 second cooldown, duration is around... 75 seconds, with 50% attack reduction. Effect seems to be 100% triggers. Jellen shot splashes, so if you got a giant mob... or like 4 emergencies in a focused area, load jellen and spam the area.

BTW. does the other "bullet" skills other than Jellen for rifle only ? or they can be used on launcher?

GrandTickler
Apr 27, 2012, 05:50 AM
so for ranger, 1 point in weakshot. and the rest in?
ABL? or maybe that passive skill that give a higher % for hitting a targets weak point?
also what is the point of having 4 shots of a status effect instead of 1? will the duration be longer? if thats the case should i max weakened shot?

sorry for all those questions lol

ciroth
Apr 27, 2012, 06:03 AM
so for ranger, 1 point in weakshot. and the rest in?
ABL? or maybe that passive skill that give a higher % for hitting a targets weak point?
also what is the point of having 4 shots of a status effect instead of 1? will the duration be longer? if thats the case should i max weakened shot?

sorry for all those questions lol

Only reason is if you miss your shot, multi. bosses, or lots of mobs. Duration is longer, cool down is lowered to the point where you can keep it chained with 5-10 seconds where bosses are doing full damage. You don't need that many shots if you don't need it. But if you want higher level damage reduction, lvl 10 is 50%, lvl 1 is around 80% reduction? Just find the balance you like. 50% is probably overkill in this beta with end beta-game armor parts. If there was like hardcore mode or so, i can see jellen shots being lifesavers even on normal mob fights.

GrandTickler
Apr 27, 2012, 06:07 AM
Only reason is if you miss your shot, multi. bosses, or lots of mobs. Duration is longer, cool down is lowered to the point where you can keep it chained with 5-10 seconds where bosses are doing full damage. You don't need that many shots if you don't need it. But if you want higher level damage reduction, lvl 10 is 50%, lvl 1 is around 80% reduction? Just find the balance you like. 50% is probably overkill in this beta with end beta-game armor parts. If there was like hardcore mode or so, i can see jellen shots being lifesavers even on normal mob fights.

oh im not realy interested in dmg reduction as ranger, i never get hit :P i want my team to dish out more damage.
but i asume the same aplies for weakshot. thanks :)

CelestialBlade
Apr 27, 2012, 06:08 AM
I don't think there's one "ideal" skill tree setup for Hunter (I'm definitely buying some separate trees) but there's a couple abilities I've come to like. One is the ability to JA on dodge, which speeds me up considerably since I'm always dashing around, and Fury Stance for the same reason. I wouldn't use Fury on say, Vol Dragon or Dark Ragne yet, but it speeds up plowing through regular enemies and Rockbears a lot. Of course Partisan Gauge is a favorite too because they're by far my favorite weapon.

Dinosaur
Apr 27, 2012, 06:15 AM
I definitely recommend level 3(or higher) Weakening Bullet for two chances to apply it. With two loaded up, you can apply the first shot and use PAs, then apply the second one for extended duration. Not only that, the extra shots can act as a fail-safe if you happen to miss your first one. Multiple Weakening Bullets help out for high power mobs, too. When its usage is spaced out well enough, you can constantly tag enemies throughout your runs.

When Poison Rocket is available, I would recommend that, too.

ryoko227
Apr 27, 2012, 08:07 AM
How do you use the skill bullets? Like Weak Bullet, Jellen Bullet, etc

You drop it into your pallet just like you would a monomate, then activate it when you have the appropriate weapon equipped and your character will load the rounds.

Zyrusticae
Apr 27, 2012, 08:50 AM
At this point, I'd rather just max out T-atk/R-atk/S-atk. Very simple, will be useful later on (granted, characters don't carry over, but still) for using higher-level items.

buri-chan
Apr 27, 2012, 01:56 PM
No matter what, get the Just dodges for every class. Especially Hunter. The quick step is almost entirely useless without the ability to do the follow up attack. No, really. Short invincible, small range, and would otherwise leave you open after using it.

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 27, 2012, 08:34 PM
I don't think there's one "ideal" skill tree setup for Hunter (I'm definitely buying some separate trees) but there's a couple abilities I've come to like. One is the ability to JA on dodge, which speeds me up considerably since I'm always dashing around, and Fury Stance for the same reason. I wouldn't use Fury on say, Vol Dragon or Dark Ragne yet, but it speeds up plowing through regular enemies and Rockbears a lot. Of course Partisan Gauge is a favorite too because they're by far my favorite weapon.

??? more info on this? you are you just talking about the dodge attack>just attack since the dodge attack is so fast?

NoiseHERO
Apr 27, 2012, 08:46 PM
I like how the skill tree breaks down by your favorite type, especially since you can mostly get by with whatever your favorite weapon is, for Hunter at least so far. Unlike PSU where it was only like that because all you had to do was run foward and spam PAs, each weapon also plays differently.

I think by the time more weapons and more tech elements come out (Which they will) and we have 40 skill points to deal with. THEN you should be thinking of you build, but it seems more directed to your play style preference and NOT just what works best, like how other shitty games work.

Randomness
Apr 27, 2012, 09:11 PM
what you call "Jellen bullet" is not for rifle or gunslash users, it is a Jellen Rocket used for launchers only. For CBT, i recommend getting Jellen shot if you are mostly a launcher user. with CBT end game bosses, with jellen effect... these bosses only hitting for 1 dmg. Lets your melee teammates go crazy without bothering to dodge when the boss is purple =P Even the boss's magic and range attacks deals 1 dmg with jellen effect. Total nerf.

Lvl 10 is i think 4 or 5 shots of Jellen, 90 second cooldown, duration is around... 75 seconds, with 50% attack reduction. Effect seems to be 100% triggers. Jellen shot splashes, so if you got a giant mob... or like 4 emergencies in a focused area, load jellen and spam the area.

BTW. does the other "bullet" skills other than Jellen for rifle only ? or they can be used on launcher?

I think the icons indicate nicely which gun each shot is for, myself.

foreignreign
Apr 27, 2012, 09:17 PM
No matter what, get the Just dodges for every class. Especially Hunter. The quick step is almost entirely useless without the ability to do the follow up attack. No, really. Short invincible, small range, and would otherwise leave you open after using it.

I'll agree up to a certain extent. The ability to attack immediately after a dodge is nice, but I prefer Guarding to Step/Dodging on a HU because of how much more simplistic it is to Just Guard than it is to dodge something (especially since Step's invincibility frames cap at like... .20 second duration at max level).

Also much more reliable to Guard everything you can to allow for a bigger safety net to use Fury Stance with.