PDA

View Full Version : Character Contest voting now open

Mike
Apr 27, 2012, 03:37 AM
30 characters have been chosen from the 5000 or so that were submitted for the contest and you can now vote for your favorite! Head on over to http://www.pso2chara.jp/ and make your choice!

I think the server that the site is hosted on is down at the moment though.

Crystal_Shard
Apr 27, 2012, 03:40 AM
Yep, server is down. Can't get in at all.

I wonder who got chosen...

Zaix
Apr 27, 2012, 03:47 AM
Hmmm I hope there's actually some interesting characters and not a bunch of lolis and whatnot.

Arika
Apr 27, 2012, 05:13 AM
Since we are minors from JP. (I doubt we submit more than 100, from the 5000)
It is very hard for our character to get picked.
However, there is always a chance. So let's hope for it until the site is opened again.

BIG OLAF
Apr 27, 2012, 05:15 AM
Hm, most of the characters selected for the final are boring. Not surprising. Only one or two I actually find interesting.

Rizen
Apr 27, 2012, 05:22 AM
Wow....very generic selection....wow... just wow..

Mike
Apr 27, 2012, 05:29 AM
The only character I can see is named 503.

Zaix
Apr 27, 2012, 05:31 AM
The only character I can see is named 503.

Same here. I'm voting for him/her. Hard to tell, a very androgynous picture and name.

Rizen
Apr 27, 2012, 05:33 AM
You mean you can't see all 30?

Edit: I pressed refresh and gave me the 503...

Dragwind
Apr 27, 2012, 05:43 AM
I can't say I'm too impressed with the roster.

Enforcer MKV
Apr 27, 2012, 05:44 AM

I don't even get a roster, just a 'temporarily down' page. -_-

Dragwind
Apr 27, 2012, 05:46 AM
Give it a couple of refreshes, it'll come up. If not, might be due to server congestion.

Arika
Apr 27, 2012, 06:09 AM
No. 503 is asking for vote... well I give it to him then.

Edit: finally the page is up again... I don't know how some of those get selected. Some look very common and plain. But yes there are some that good too. I notice a lot of very old character get picked. I think ST may like to add some elder Ark in.

Anyway I voted this :

http://www.pso2chara.jp/images/img_chara5.png

kdrakari
Apr 27, 2012, 01:18 PM
I voted for the one with stacked hats.

Zorafim
Apr 27, 2012, 01:32 PM
None of these are really interesting. I guess I'm just spoiled by you guys, but... Didn't you guys throw your characters in too?

I just noticed there was a top five for votes so far. This is one of the best creators I've seen to create a character with the exact personality you want, and this is the one winning. This is the most personable character in the list.

http://www.pso2chara.jp/images/img_chara18.png

Ah, sigh.

NoiseHERO
Apr 27, 2012, 01:45 PM
Zorafim beat me to it, I was gonna vote for that one, just because she reminded me of an tough/angry Japanese mom that work in a restaurant.

Looks like she's taking first place too.

Man now I feel like I could've made a couple character that could get in here. But any boring looking characters probably had an interesting backstory?

Gunslinger-08
Apr 27, 2012, 01:53 PM
I should have entered my HUmarl...

Anyway, voted for the one in third place right now.

Ce'Nedra
Apr 27, 2012, 01:57 PM

Same here....only half monsters or fat chars. Heck any of the psow members chars would be better....what is sega thinking? :(

Zorafim
Apr 27, 2012, 01:58 PM
I'm really disappointed I didn't join in. I know my character is more interesting than what I'm seeing.

Aewyn
Apr 27, 2012, 02:01 PM
... man, my characters look like purpose-made story characters compared to most of those.

buri-chan
Apr 27, 2012, 02:07 PM
Instead of choosing any of their options, I voted for myself in the contest in my head. Which is to say, I just went with one of the bishoujo because I have no taste whatsoever.

BIG OLAF
Apr 27, 2012, 02:35 PM
Zorafim beat me to it, I was gonna vote for that one, just because she reminded me of an tough/angry Japanese mom that work in a restaurant.

Looks like she's taking first place too.

Man now I feel like I could've made a couple character that could get in here. But any boring looking characters probably had an interesting backstory?

I'd have to say the chubby Japanese mom/grandmom has a very "Miyazaki" feel to her as far as design.

Anyway, I don't mean to brag here, but any of my characters would have totally owned all of the chosen finalists. Hell, most of ours would have.

Gunslinger-08
Apr 27, 2012, 02:46 PM
This should have been there. It would have won.

http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j194/tetsaru/PSO2/pso20120406_000408_046.jpg

He was something Tetsaru whipped up in another thread a few weeks back.

Aewyn
Apr 27, 2012, 02:52 PM
That scares me on at least two levels.

Reia
Apr 27, 2012, 02:53 PM
The Fact of N°18 going first, now we gonna get a Client order with as a temporary Partner Character and dont let her use Mates so she goes on a diet LOL!

White
Apr 27, 2012, 02:57 PM
I do love the forerunner for this contest! How could you not love seeing that big-mamma type character integrated into the game?

HeartBreak301
Apr 27, 2012, 03:01 PM
I see my friend's lovable little cast KEERIK didn't make the cut. He goes on and on about how you should play the game wrong and that you're so strong he's impressed.

Quebe_Lae
Apr 27, 2012, 05:22 PM
http://www.pso2chara.jp/

There is some really cool ones there!!! I wonder if I could have entered after all... apparently they got like 10,000 and had to reduce it to 30?!?

My vote was for the Mama Force. She'll give those hostiles a spanking. A magic spanking. With fire.

BWS-1
Apr 27, 2012, 05:37 PM
mw ftw! hahaha can't wait to see the results!

kyuuketsuki
Apr 27, 2012, 05:38 PM
I'm not sure what people expected. That they'd only go with some really out there stuff? That every choice would be some amazing piece of artistry? I'm generally not impressed by "whacky" characters -- they usually just look dumb and/or awful. These look like characters people would create with PSO2's character creator. It is what it is.

People have shown nice looking characters in the thread here, and I don't mean to insult or put-down anyone's characters when I say this, but: really, all the characters here are awful and all your characters are amazing in comparison? Really?

Kazzi
Apr 27, 2012, 05:40 PM
Mama Force is winning xD She got my vote.

kyuuketsuki
Apr 27, 2012, 05:41 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194552 ?

Mega Ultra Chicken
Apr 27, 2012, 05:43 PM
I voted for the skeleton-faced man with a snazzy hat.

Aewyn
Apr 27, 2012, 07:01 PM
I'm expressing my disappointment in the choices. I'm allowed to do that, am I not?

Regardless, the vote doesn't change anything. People can have whatever they want for their own personal characters. Never been a fan of votes like these.

Scotty T
Apr 27, 2012, 09:00 PM
http://www.pso2chara.jp/images/img_chara6.png
Best looking one imo

SELENNA
Apr 27, 2012, 09:03 PM
I voted for the redhead chick.
http://www.pso2chara.jp/images/img_chara7.png]

I love her looks

KEERIK
Apr 27, 2012, 09:14 PM
I see my friend's lovable little cast KEERIK didn't make the cut. He goes on and on about how you should play the game wrong and that you're so strong he's impressed.

Don't worry, HeartBreak! KEERIK will try harder next time! Everyone looks very good! KEERIK voted for Rosie O'Donnell

LK1721
Apr 27, 2012, 09:18 PM
I voted for the lady who looks like she wrestles Rockbears [#18], very interesting IMO!

BIG OLAF
Apr 27, 2012, 09:46 PM
I don't mean to insult or put-down anyone's characters when I say this, but: really, all the characters here are awful and all your characters are amazing in comparison? Really?

For the most part, yes. Yes, really.

Obviously that's subjective, but go look in the CC Screenshot thread and look at most of the pictures we posted in there. Then go look at the finalists for the CC contest. There's a bit of a gap, however small it may be, in variation and/or quality.

But maybe that's just me. I'm pretty picky about this kind of thing.

NoiseHERO
Apr 27, 2012, 09:47 PM
Chibi Rock would've gotten 3rd place at LEAST... too bad I only made him yesterday...

kyuuketsuki
Apr 27, 2012, 10:33 PM
There's a bit of a gap, however small it may be, in variation and/or quality.
You'll have to explain exactly what constitutes "quality" because I don't get it.
But maybe that's just me. I'm pretty picky about this kind of thing.
Yeah, I'll admit, I'm not the sort to be picky about this sort of thing at all, so.

Ryudo
Apr 27, 2012, 10:41 PM
voted for #25
quite like #30, #28 #11 #07 and #04 too

Arika
Apr 27, 2012, 10:59 PM
Background story may be help to get in the drawing, because I see all the top 5 kidda have long written.

But anyway, everybody have their own sense of fashion. Some people may complain characters here saying they are bad. but the other may think the otherwise. You know fashion sense between eastern and western is kidda far away generally.