PDA

View Full Version : One item in the cash shop worries me.

Scyris
Apr 27, 2012, 03:43 AM
Now I know this is beta so its subject to change but, I didn't like how they had a monthly thing, that if you don't buy it you cannot trade with anyone. Not sure what it entails exactly but, it worries me.

foreignreign
Apr 27, 2012, 03:45 AM
Fine with it as long as it's only a few bucks, like $5 tops for 30 days imo. Basically a monthly sub in a way, but for cheaper.

Also greatly reduces the amount of gold botters to go around which is a plus (hopefully).

And I was expecting you to say the MAG ticket. Now that really disappoints me.

Jinketsu
Apr 27, 2012, 06:37 AM
I don't know, I can almost see justification behind making you pay to reset your mag. It definitely makes the poor man like myself have to sit and actually think about the best route to take before starting to raise one.

Alenoir
Apr 27, 2012, 08:11 AM
^ I think he meant the ticket to get another MAG. (Implying you can only get one free from the game.)

Dabian
Apr 27, 2012, 09:01 AM
Making it free to play, the revenue HAD to come from somewhere. For my purposes, this actually is a good model. Paying for features that I want, and only when I want them.

You could argue things like player trading should be "baseline", and I can see why. Sega's got a bit of a tricky balancing act to do here. :p

kdrakari
Apr 27, 2012, 01:15 PM
I also kinda wish trading was included free, but it does prevent (or at least hinder) gold meseta sellers. Would much prefer if you could unlock it permanently instead of charging a recurring cost.

Taitu
Apr 27, 2012, 01:24 PM
This honestly is perfectly fine in my opinion. Even trading isn't an absolute necessity to play the game. If I simply wish to level my character I don't have to pay anything extra to get up to speed, and once I am I can pay for a premium account and enjoy all the extras the game has to offer without worrying about leveling getting in between.

HeartBreak301
Apr 27, 2012, 01:37 PM
Total bullshit IMO. Trading has been a core part of Phantasy Star Online games since PSO V1, I can't see myself playing the game without it. It's almost as bad as charging for storage.

TiestoLife
Apr 27, 2012, 01:46 PM
You could, you know, pay to it. The game is f2p otherwise, so this is a way for revenue. I'd much rather this over a monthly fee that other MMOs generally have.

HeartBreak301
Apr 27, 2012, 02:11 PM
I'd much rather this over a monthly fee that other MMOs generally have.

This is still a monthly fee. One that they'll probably end up making more money out of than a subscription fee.

Most games that have cash shops give you trading and storage without paying for it. PSO2's cash shop is still pretty much bullshit imo.

Clothing? Fine.
Non Top Tier gear? Fine.
Core gameplay aspects? Not OK on any level.

TiestoLife
Apr 27, 2012, 02:18 PM
This is still a monthly fee. One that they'll probably end up making more money out of than a subscription fee.

Most games that have cash shops give you trading and storage without paying for it. PSO2's cash shop is still pretty much bullshit imo.

Clothing? Fine.
Non Top Tier gear? Fine.

Exactly. This game doesn't cost any money other than that. It isn't like it costs 15/month to play, and then 5/month to trade, it might just be maybe 10/month at most.

Titan
Apr 27, 2012, 02:19 PM
In-game transactions should be for extras.

They should start you off with at least 4 character slots and the rest should use AC, as well as certain room decors, the gatcha is fine, and extra storage space is ok where its at.

Some things that should have AC removed is buying scape dolls, the makeover counter, and trading.

jmanx
Apr 27, 2012, 03:03 PM

Clothing? Fine.
Non Top Tier gear? Fine.

Yea making players pay for trading now I thought that is going way to far. I don't think I've played a game that makes you pay to trade. I hope a lot people will make a big fuss about this enough for them to change that. And Scape dolls I think should be removed to I think we should just take our deaths the way it is lols

kdrakari
Apr 27, 2012, 03:10 PM
In-game transactions should be for extras.

They should start you off with at least 4 character slots and the rest should use AC, as well as certain room decors, the gatcha is fine, and extra storage space is ok where its at.

Some things that should have AC removed is buying scape dolls, the makeover counter, and trading.

I disagree about removing AC scape dolls completely, though maybe the ability to buy them in the middle of a fight (or at least some limit on the number). Makeover counter... Maybe, but only if there's a way to unlock new things for it without AC and it should still have a cost in Meseta.

Totally approve of more base char slots, but I only need at least 3. Per server would be nice too.

HeartBreak301
Apr 27, 2012, 03:12 PM
Yea making players pay for trading now I thought that is going way to far. I don't think I've played a game that makes you pay to trade. I hope a lot people will make a big fuss about this enough for them to change that. And Scape dolls I think should be removed to I think we should just take our deaths the way it is lols

From the way this thread has gone so far people seem pretty intent on supporting making SEGA take their money.

Also what's wrong with scape dolls just dropping in the world like they've done in every game so far?