PDA

View Full Version : English Patch detection

LokinModar
Apr 27, 2012, 10:54 AM
Today when i logged in the game updated the files and some of the patch for english language is being detected... :/

If i replace the files, the game updates them again...

Sanada Yukimura
Apr 27, 2012, 10:56 AM
thats weird, that doesnt happen for me

Triple_S
Apr 27, 2012, 10:59 AM
You're supposed to patch with the third option in the loader, then replace the files, then launch with the first option. Should work every time.

xBladeM6x
Apr 27, 2012, 11:05 AM
Whenever the game updates, it deletes your patches.

kyuuketsuki
Apr 27, 2012, 11:07 AM
The files get overwritten when the client is updated. You simply have to close down the game, copy over and overwrite the files for the patch-that-shall-not-be-named after the patch is completed and relaunch the game. There's no detection of the files going on.

LokinModar
Apr 27, 2012, 11:09 AM
Thx for the info. i'll test it now... again! :)

TiestoLife
Apr 27, 2012, 12:05 PM
where can i get this English patch?

xBladeM6x
Apr 27, 2012, 12:06 PM
The patch that shall not be named, cannot be talked about on these forums.

Rauten
Apr 27, 2012, 12:07 PM

It is against the board rules to link to it. I suggest you start using some Google-fu.

Edit: Freck, sniped :disapprove:

KaoPyro
Apr 27, 2012, 12:08 PM
Thx for the info. i'll test it now... again! :)

if that doesn't work. Update, replace the language files, then use command prompt to start the game. Navigate program files (x86)>SEGA>PhantasyStarOnline2>pso2_bin then type the command "pso2.exe -pso2".

This is how I have been starting my client. I was unaware there was another way.

Shakuri
Apr 27, 2012, 12:16 PM
Ya'll should learn how to read anyway

KaoPyro
Apr 27, 2012, 12:17 PM

I'd love to. Just haven't the time (referring to reading Japanese at least).

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 27, 2012, 12:22 PM

lol

yeah just learn hiragana
...and then realize there'd katakana
just learn katakana
...and then realize theres kanji

ohno i cant just learn kanji it is like a 2000+ letter alphabet where each letter has 1-amillion strokes, different pronunciations, and meanings. and ironically this is the most important thing to learn

but even with that said, it depends on how bad you want anything. if people -reeeeally- wanted to learn, they'd find the time no matter what the situation they were in. even if it was s silly as writing 10 words of new vocabulary on your hand so you could study at work during short periods of downtime etc.

moorebounce
Apr 27, 2012, 12:22 PM
When I quit I put back my good files that way if they run a check and then start booting people for it I won't get caught. The funny thing is I can go through the menus in japanese remembering where everything is now lol

Ghoul
Apr 27, 2012, 05:57 PM
Guys, I get this big problem with the game where it'll work normally, no problem...
Then I'll put the English patch in, and it'll say that the game's not a Windows 7 Application...? I'm putting them in the right spot, it's what I've been doing since the 19th, and it's run normally up until today. :/
I mean, I know there's only a day left of beta... But I'm mostly curious. xD

Hrith
Apr 28, 2012, 12:29 AM
You can update the language files while the game is running, it still works, lol (although only partially, for some reason).

Gunslinger-08
Apr 28, 2012, 12:43 AM
Guys, I get this big problem with the game where it'll work normally, no problem...
Then I'll put the English patch in, and it'll say that the game's not a Windows 7 Application...? I'm putting them in the right spot, it's what I've been doing since the 19th, and it's run normally up until today. :/
I mean, I know there's only a day left of beta... But I'm mostly curious. xD

Had to reinstall when this happened. Haven't had it come back since.

Chik'Tikka
Jun 12, 2012, 02:07 AM
i know, sort of a necro, but i figured why make a new thread? anyway, I've been trying various methods to get the English patch to work on the updated Pre-OBT client, but it just won't+^_^+ seems Sega pulled one on us westerners after all+^_^+ oh well, i learned enough in CBT to not have any issues+^_^+

AzureAsh
Jun 12, 2012, 02:28 AM
It's due to the fact that the game is a completely different build to the earlier version with different files and the script files have probably been moved around quite a lot (Other people can elaborate on this a lot more).

SEGA really haven't pulled one on the westerners until we have proper evidence to prove so, it's just not going to be compatible due to the large amount of differences.