PDA

View Full Version : 1 Mission and 1 Mission Only

Du1337
Apr 27, 2012, 11:21 AM
Hi all,

last year was the last time I played PSU on XBOX360. I was very excited picking up the gane again after a couple of years.

I was a bit disappointed though... (Almost) everyone is playing that one mission and nothing else, just to boost their PA's...

Sure there are a couple of groups in other areas, but it is the fullest @ that one map with the pink enemies with Dark/Light powers (forgot).

Right after that first month I quit, making it harder for me to wait for PSO2 now...

:(

Recon Tactical
Apr 27, 2012, 11:26 AM
Right now, there's an event going on. The White Beast area is practically barren. There are currently two missions in the event (Roar of Flames and Visitor's Memory). We're all too occupied running those to even acknowledge White Beast's existence. There are a couple of great drops between the two missions too. Such as the Rutsularod, Double Cannon and Dragon Scales. It's also ridiculously easy to get to at 180 in a few days.

That's not all, we've got one more mission, Charged Puzzle, which will be live some time soon.

garjian
Apr 28, 2012, 03:59 PM
Right now, there's an event going on. The White Beast area is practically barren. There are currently two missions in the event (Roar of Flames and Visitor's Memory). We're all too occupied running those to even acknowledge White Beast's existence. There are a couple of great drops between the two missions too. Such as the Rutsularod, Double Cannon and Dragon Scales. It's also ridiculously easy to get to at 180 in a few days.

That's not all, we've got one more mission, Charged Puzzle, which will be live some time soon.

Wooo...
2 missions, but lucky us, a 3rds coming soon.

This is a serious problem, and one i honestly hope gets resolved in PSO2 (not that ill be playing as none of my friends are PC gamers) ...This game is so fucking repeatative its a joke... the only way ive ever managed to play this game is by switching off entirely or with about 4 friends making it interesting.
On top of this, its incredibly easy, yet the community doesnt seem to realise this and insists anybody who doesnt have a 10/10 of the best possible weapon for that weapon type in 50% and nothing more is a useless noob.

I speak to a lot of the new people that come on and ask for help, barely any of them have more than 5-6 different missions, ever.
Of course it would be difficult to balance each mission, but i put it down to the fact that almost every mission is the same boring stuff... killing easy monsters, and rarely going further.
Ive made games with levels with more depth on fucking visualbasic... so it cant take much effort for a team of developers to go beyond: "these enemies spawn here... and theyre fire... and after that... 5 of these spawn here... but they should be invincible for about 10 seconds for some reason... thatll throw them off >: )".
Ive always liked the idea of this game and i played it for a long time, and still drift on from time to time, because as i say, i do enjoy it when i play with friends... But the lack of effort that goes into missions is unbelievably obvious.

...but yeah, they need to balance missions.
i think a system similar to GBR would work...
Standard drop rate of about 15%, each additional members will stack, so a max of 90% with 6 players. (i never play in random parties because i hate seeing drops go to people i dont like, but if i knew their presence increased the chance of that item appearing by a higher % that they would actually get it, logically i would feel the need to team up)
Playing a mission once increases it by like 2%, again 1%, again 0, then it starts decreasing by 3% each further time. So from default it would go, 15, 17, 18, 15, 12, 9, 6, 3, 0 by spamming one mission, but you could get it as high as 30% by playing different ones. the missions % increase would go back up by one stage each other mission you do.
Youd just get people running the same 4 missions i suppose.

...what a stupid community... :|

/rant.

darkante
Apr 29, 2012, 01:47 AM
I like the invincibility thing, couple that with enemies having a No radar&Phazing in and out invisibility gimmick would make it more interesting.

But, thatīs why i stick with Infinity for now.
Love the difficulty jump.