PDA

View Full Version : Dual monitor question

Chik'Tikka
Apr 28, 2012, 12:43 PM
Ok, so every-time i click on my second monitor (usually for translate.google.com) PSO2 minimizes, and about every 3 attempts causes a crash, is there a way to fix this or prevent it? or is it just a BETA bug that hasn't been smoothed out yet?
thank you for reading and answering my question ahead of time!!+^_^+

kantaris
Apr 28, 2012, 12:45 PM
Try playing PSO2 in windowed mode

Drifting Fable
Apr 28, 2012, 12:53 PM
Yep you'll be running into that for a lot of fullscreened games. In most cases you'll have to used windowed mode or if you're lucky fullscreen(windowed). Not exactly sure what causes this, but at least there's a work around.

Chik'Tikka
Apr 28, 2012, 01:03 PM
ok, i just wondering if there was something to click, most games i've played on PC have a button that says something like "stay in fullscreen when not in focus" which keeps games there on my main monitor from doing that+^_^+

Nocimar
Apr 28, 2012, 01:19 PM
if you find the user_beta.pso2 file, you can change it to virtualfullscreen C:\Users\WhateverYouHave\Documents\SEGA\PHANTASYST ARONLINE2.

find the place where the resolution is in that file and put in this somewhere in that part

VirtualFullScreen = true,

Maverick_Arcane
Apr 28, 2012, 03:20 PM
Is virtual fullscreen slower since you're able to focus on the desktop elsewhere without minimizing it, or for any other reason?

Chik'Tikka
Apr 28, 2012, 08:43 PM
i figured it out+^_^+ with a program called Actual Multiple Monitors, just start the game and hit alt+ctrl+shft+i while AMM is running+^_^+ boom, no more minimizing +^_^+

kyuuketsuki
Apr 28, 2012, 10:32 PM
Is virtual fullscreen slower since you're able to focus on the desktop elsewhere without minimizing it, or for any other reason?
No. The "fullscreen is faster" idea is a relic from the old days. Nowadays, most games perform practically identically either way. All "true" fullscreen accomplishes really is to just make it a bigger pain to alt-tab out.

To OP: not sure why you'd go with some 3rd party program to prevent fullscreen minimizing when you can just run a borderless fullscreen window (a.k.a. virtual fullscreen), but whatever floats your boat.

Chik'Tikka
Apr 29, 2012, 01:44 AM
No. The "fullscreen is faster" idea is a relic from the old days. Nowadays, most games perform practically identically either way. All "true" fullscreen accomplishes really is to just make it a bigger pain to alt-tab out.

To OP: not sure why you'd go with some 3rd party program to prevent fullscreen minimizing when you can just run a borderless fullscreen window (a.k.a. virtual fullscreen), but whatever floats your boat.

cause i don't know how, the menu couldn't be copy/pasted into google translator. whatever, this 3rd party program is working quite nice for other things besides fullscreen+^_^+

Nocimar
Apr 29, 2012, 03:33 AM
Chik'Tikka, so the very basic guide that i wrote as a reply didnt help you?

Chik'Tikka
Apr 29, 2012, 03:40 AM
Chik'Tikka, so the very basic guide that i wrote as a reply didnt help you?

i didnt read your reply until after i had AMM installed, sorry+^_^+

kyuuketsuki
Apr 29, 2012, 05:04 AM
cause i don't know how, the menu couldn't be copy/pasted into google translator. whatever, this 3rd party program is working quite nice for other things besides fullscreen+^_^+
You don't use the menu, it's not an in-game option. You just paste the line "VirtualFullScreen = True" in the section of the game's config file that has the lines about resolution. Config files are in english even in foreign games. =p

But anyway, it's not a big deal. If what you have is workin' for ya and you're happy with it, then problem solved.

kdrakari
Apr 30, 2012, 12:47 AM
About virtual fullscreen, does that still let the game window go over the taskbar?

youcantcatchtheblue
Apr 30, 2012, 12:54 AM
About virtual fullscreen, does that still let the game window go over the taskbar?

yes. you basically can't tell the difference, other than you can alt + tab freely.