PDA

View Full Version : Windows 8?

Clessy
Apr 28, 2012, 07:16 PM
Does pso2 work on windows 8 or will I have troubles trying it out. My pc crashed and I thought "shit, since i've got to reinstall windows I might give windows 8 a try now"

SZiadaN
Apr 28, 2012, 07:53 PM
It works perfectly fine on w8

Clessy
Apr 28, 2012, 08:20 PM
Thanks!

Now does anyone remember where to do to download the beta client again. Try to hit 20 before this all ends im at level 18 now.

SZiadaN
Apr 28, 2012, 08:30 PM
Go to: http://pso2.jp/cbt/
Login.
Press the big red button.
Press the red button again.

Cyrusnagisa
Apr 28, 2012, 10:34 PM
yeah I installed Win8 this morning to test PSO2 out before beta ended, and everything seems to work great.

RC_SEGA
Apr 28, 2012, 10:50 PM
How do you have Windows 8? Is there a Japanese closed beta for that too?

Clessy
Apr 29, 2012, 12:03 AM
Does it support tiling?

It seems like nothing supports tiling. Im fucking shocked that IE doesnt support it. like you'd think they'd have a pretty IE app to go with the interface.

SZiadaN
Apr 29, 2012, 02:55 AM
Well, it does become a tile, however, not in that "fancy" style as some of the other "apps" do.

RC_SEGA, the developer preview has been out for quite some time now, there's even a consumer preview now too.

Check here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/consumer-preview

Cyrusnagisa
Apr 29, 2012, 08:04 AM
heh was about to post but yeah what SZiadaN said ;p

Iwanted to try Win8 on my gammer rig, to see how well it ran with my most played games, so far it is running better then Win7 was. My next thing is to install it on my tablet I use for work, and see how it goes there.

Jinketsu
Apr 29, 2012, 11:58 AM
Windows 8 is essentially Windows 7, but with more of a focus surrounding the Start screen than the desktop. The desktop is falsely attributed as an "app" from the start screen, but really it's just behind the scenes, always there. It's an interesting new take on how to go about your daily Windows usage, and I like it!

But in short, yes it works just fine on Windows 8 :P

Clessy
Apr 29, 2012, 02:08 PM
My biggest issue with windows 8 is that I have to ever see the desktop. I hate it. Like the metro interface doesnt work with shit. I feel like all the tile icons should remain open and when you minimize a app it should just go back to the tiles.

Its like windows phone 7.5 mango except not nearly as funtional.

IkeTakeda
Apr 30, 2012, 09:05 AM
Im sad. Shino owe me stuff

Gama
Apr 30, 2012, 12:54 PM
well... windows 8 performance is better, i get a bit more battery life, better cpu and gpu temperatures. and i'm already used to it. i also love the reaction people have when they cant find the star menu

me be evil.