PDA

View Full Version : serious problems connecting.

romeoblb94
Apr 29, 2012, 12:10 PM
i bought psu again the other day, and havent been able to connect since i got it. all it says is the connection to the psu server failed. i have tried the whole 4.2.2.1 and 4.2.2.2 thing, and that didnt work. i tried just trying to connect lots of times, at different times of day, and that doesnt work. and no, i dont hit the retry button, as i read that never works. iv have also spent lots of time trying to figure out what is the problem, but because all it tells me is the connection failed, it makes it hard to figure out. any help is greatly appreciated.

romeoblb94
Apr 29, 2012, 12:12 PM
oh, and i am also redownloading the game and AOTI, just to see if that does anything.

romeoblb94
Apr 29, 2012, 01:09 PM
turns out it didnt.

Whit
Apr 29, 2012, 02:04 PM
What error code does it display?

Sprotret
Apr 29, 2012, 07:51 PM
Make sure you're using the Japanese client. The US servers aren't up anymore.

romeoblb94
Apr 29, 2012, 08:02 PM
Make sure you're using the Japanese client. The US servers aren't up anymore.
the us servers arent up? im playing on xbox, and it doesnt give an error code.

romeoblb94
Apr 29, 2012, 08:02 PM
What error code does it display?
no error code. :(

Orochinagi
Apr 30, 2012, 01:47 AM
I know that this may sound trivial but when it prompts you to load AOTI, do you select "yes"? When you don't, it always says "Can't connect to server" because that is the old launch client pre-AOTI. Also, log into your routers interface and check the NAT settings. This can also cause issues for some ppl as well.

Powder Keg
Apr 30, 2012, 08:16 AM
You have to be getting some kind of error code after you try to connect to the server...if you're not getting to your login at all you're doing something incorrect.

Any exact messages you're getting and/or screenshots you can provide?

romeoblb94
Apr 30, 2012, 04:55 PM
well, im on xbox so i dont get a code or anything, and a cant get a screenie. i click on the game, it loads. asks if i want AOTI, i hit yes. it loads. the only option in xbox live, i click on that. it fails, and gives this message. "connection to phantasy star universe server failed." i know, not much to go on, and its why im having so much trouble. ive contacted sega, and they said to do all these things, with the final one being plug my xbox directly into the internet cable to determine if it is my router or internet. still didnt connect, so they said to contact my ISP. i contacted them and they said its not them, because its only one game, and i didnt really know what questions to ask them, so thats as far as i got with the ISP. so now i am awaiting ANOTHER response from sega, most likely so they can tell me its my isp. :( anybody got any ideas?

romeoblb94
Apr 30, 2012, 04:56 PM
i would also like to note that 3 months back i could play just fine. then i canceled my subscription cuz i was bored, and now i buy a new licence and cant connect all of the sudden.