PDA

View Full Version : Open Beta Questions

Sprotret
Apr 29, 2012, 07:05 PM
So when exactly will the open beta start? A few days? A few weeks?

Is there going to be a new client download, or will it just be a patch? Also, what do we keep, if we keep anything at all. Thanks in advance.

Demon-
Apr 29, 2012, 07:08 PM
Hasn't been announced yet when it will be or anything but I hope they use the same client and they will just patch it from the old loader.

Blackheart521
Apr 29, 2012, 07:09 PM

Is there going to be a new client download, or will it just be a patch? Also, what do we keep, if we keep anything at all. Thanks in advance.

As far as I know, there is no set date for open beta known yet.

There will probably be a new client download because of all the new features.

We do not keep anything, but we will get the rewards for earning Level 10,20 on any ship and level 10 on ship 6 when the open beta starts.

Shinji Kazuya
Apr 29, 2012, 07:09 PM
This is what I think: It will start in some weeks, a month maybe.

There will be a new client, probably. Nothing from the Closed Beta will carry to the Open Beta.

NoiseHERO
Apr 29, 2012, 07:38 PM
The breifing on the 3rd will talk about the future of PSO2 (new weapons and they're gonna show us new areas.)

Hopefully they'll give us an OBT date too.

Mostly interested in the weapons though.

Ark22
Apr 29, 2012, 07:41 PM
Lmao, I would lol if they did a "Because the open beta starts NOW!"

Enforcer MKV
Apr 29, 2012, 07:50 PM
The breifing on the 3rd will talk about the future of PSO2 (new weapons and they're gonna show us new areas.)

Hopefully they'll give us an OBT date too.

Mostly interested in the weapons though.

My interest lies more on the Areas. I love beautiful vistas. Weapons will be cool, too. I want to see what Rangers get besides Rifles and the nuke- I mean launcher.

Lmao, I would lol if they did a "Because the open beta starts NOW!"

Actually, that'd be pretty cool. Then again, I'd rather they take the time to get things ready, so we aren't spammed by CODE: MAINTENANCE. Those are worse than collects....

NoiseHERO
Apr 29, 2012, 07:52 PM
CHANGE OVER

AWESOME CODE: OPEN BETA

Dabian
Apr 29, 2012, 09:04 PM
Building on the wishful thinking of Open Beta now, would be really cool if they did just that.

"Data carries over, and as we speak you can log in now!"

:p

NoiseHERO
Apr 29, 2012, 09:13 PM
Oh I dunno about wishful thinking on a next day beta, I was just playing along.

I'd rather get a break from this game, because I've become addicted.

DO still hope they announce those beta dates though.

Chik'Tikka
Apr 29, 2012, 09:23 PM
i hope its soon+^_^+ i got friends that wanna play+^_^+ and i would have loved to play longer myself seeing as i just got it friday+^_^+ oh well back to that well done Korean made Fiesta game+^_^+

CyberNei
Apr 30, 2012, 03:07 AM
On official site it is wroten, that game coming on PC at early summer, so i don't think OβT will take too much time to start. o.o

Hayde
Apr 30, 2012, 03:27 AM
On official site it is wroten, that game coming on PC at early summer, so i don't think OβT will take too much time to start. o.o

Depends if they end up delaying the game due to CBT's result; I hope not and honestly the game feels like it's nearly completed to me from what I've played--though I'm sure you'll find plenty of people who disagrees as well.

"Early Summer" generally means a June-July frame.

Dinosaur
Apr 30, 2012, 03:29 AM
May 3rd will be the next batch of new official news via. Akihabara Game Festival presentation.

So hold your horses until then.

Blackheart521
Apr 30, 2012, 09:41 AM
May 3rd will be the next batch of new official news via. Akihabara Game Festival presentation.

But...but... I don't wanna hold my horses:cry: lol

Gardios
Apr 30, 2012, 09:47 AM
I'm actually a bit worried about some non-CBT content, especially if they expand the skill tree. The balancing of some skills was really questionable and it definitely should've caught their attention in preliminary tests...

Rath-Kun
Apr 30, 2012, 10:36 AM

People were saying the Open beta will come out then. Let's hope they're right.

Alenoir
Apr 30, 2012, 10:41 AM
Off this thread: http://pso2.jp/cbt/bbs/?mode=detail&gid=31038&forum=100

- PSO2 Fan Briefing 2nd in Akihabara PC Game Festa on May 3rd, showing off new fields, new bosses, and new systems. It will also be streamed on Nico Nico Live (http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv90655602) for those of us that can't go. (Account required.)

- OB will be a bit later than originally planned due to the network trouble that happened. They may even throw in a small test before OB, but it's not decided yet.

- Actual release is still planned to be early summer.

Dinosaur
Apr 30, 2012, 10:43 AM
People were saying the Open beta will come out then. Let's hope they're right.

That's a little bit too wishful thinking. I doubt they would have their conference and suddenly be like, "Open beta starts now! GO." I can't see the future but that's not likely to happen.

NoiseHERO
Apr 30, 2012, 10:46 AM
D: OB delayed for network trouble? Another unsaved test? D8

Blagh... so much for only waiting a couple weeks for the technically full game...

Bring on CBT2... yeeeeyyy... :/ well, still says undecided.

Alenoir
Apr 30, 2012, 11:38 AM
Either ways OB will not come before May 7, since they'll be shutting the player site down then 'till the next test. :T

Rath-Kun
Apr 30, 2012, 11:51 AM
That's a little bit too wishful thinking. I doubt they would have their conference and suddenly be like, "Open beta starts now! GO." I can't see the future but that's not likely to happen.

True. But even if it was a week or more that's a long time to wait. ;-; C'moooon full game. I really hope they decide to make an offline version, for Vita or somethin'

Hayde
May 1, 2012, 01:00 AM
Didn't want to start a new thread...but since my Japanese is not too good; I was wondering if anyone knew whether we'd receive a 1000 FUN item code if we reached level 10 on ship 6 AND reached level 20 on any other ship, or if this is one of those "one or the other" type of deal? (meaning, 500 only regardless)

I take it this probably won't be announced until the 3rd at the earliest...and OBT the latest but I figure it might have popped up on some news site or BBS. Either way, a room decoration and some points is not bad at all--considering I had a blast the whole time!

Peejay
May 1, 2012, 01:30 AM
True. But even if it was a week or more that's a long time to wait. ;-; C'moooon full game. I really hope they decide to make an offline version, for Vita or somethin'

Consider how easy it is to hop online with Vita. Proooobably gonna need a net connection for it.

KyAniki
May 1, 2012, 01:51 AM

No one knows yet but we don't "keep" anything. But do keep the old client because it will be used in the next beta.

Rath-Kun
May 1, 2012, 01:57 AM
Consider how easy it is to hop online with Vita. Proooobably gonna need a net connection for it.

For the announced Vita version I know I will.

I heard that they were considering an offline version of PSO2. They didn't say whether it was for PC or Vita but it would be nice to keep playing during maintenance and such. I'm an addict..

Macman
May 1, 2012, 07:14 AM
i hope its soon+^_^+ i got friends that wanna play+^_^+ and i would have loved to play longer myself seeing as i just got it friday+^_^+ oh well back to that well done Korean made Fiesta game+^_^+Do you have that obnoxious face on your clipboard at all times or something?

Chik'Tikka
May 1, 2012, 10:06 AM
no, i type in by hand+^_^+ i kinda am so used to it now i don't even know i do it half the time+^_^+

Cavistus
May 1, 2012, 07:53 PM
Didn't want to start a new thread...but since my Japanese is not too good; I was wondering if anyone knew whether we'd receive a 1000 FUN item code if we reached level 10 on ship 6 AND reached level 20 on any other ship, or if this is one of those "one or the other" type of deal? (meaning, 500 only regardless)

I take it this probably won't be announced until the 3rd at the earliest...and OBT the latest but I figure it might have popped up on some news site or BBS. Either way, a room decoration and some points is not bad at all--considering I had a blast the whole time!

500 for each, good sir.

So if you did both, you'll have 1000 FUN come open beta.

Hax3120
May 1, 2012, 08:00 PM
I do believe they already said that the OBT starts sometime in the Summer.

Off Topic: What exactly was the FUN points for when we mostly used AC points?

kyuuketsuki
May 1, 2012, 08:05 PM
Off Topic: What exactly was the FUN points for when we mostly used AC points?
FUN points are a separate "currency" that had its own gacha separate from the AC gachas. They are simply to reward doing certain things, such as: using the "Good Job" system, logging on, playing with partner card characters, spending AC, etc.

It's not really an alternative to the AC gacha, as you couldn't get a lot of things you could get from the AC gacha (although you could get some things from the FUN gacha you couldn't get from the AC gacha as well). And obviously, you couldn't use FUN points in lieu of AC for anything. They were just for the FUN gacha.

Hax3120
May 1, 2012, 08:29 PM
Oh i see.

Thanks for the explanation.

Rezzer
May 1, 2012, 08:51 PM
what do you spend FUN points on? and what do you spend AC points on?

Chik'Tikka
May 1, 2012, 08:54 PM
in the cbt, AC was used in a gacha style scratch lottery (select 1 of 3 areas to "scratch" off), with main prizes being clothing, FUN could also be spent on a similar game for room items and lobby actions (different ways to sit, etc) non main prizes appeared to be worthless, at least as far as i could tell+^_^+

in the OBT I'm sure we will have a more classic "shop" to spend these points in+^_^+

PsychoUprising
May 1, 2012, 09:00 PM
in the cbt, AC was used in a gacha style scratch lottery (select 1 of 3 areas to "scratch" off), with main prizes being clothing, FUN could also be spent on a similar game for room items and lobby actions (different ways to sit, etc) non main prizes appeared to be worthless, at least as far as i could tell+^_^+

in the OBT I'm sure we will have a more classic "shop" to spend these points in+^_^+

Most of the other items, were mag devices, support devices, and grinders.

Also i don't know if people noticed but spending AC in the AC Shop or on Scratch Gachas got you FUN points in the amount you spent with AC.

Psychoace
May 2, 2012, 10:17 PM
We can has open beta?

Raging Ghost
May 3, 2012, 06:47 PM
We can has open beta?

Well, it seems that the client will be used in the upcoming open beta test, according to Mike of PSO-World.

Look here (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194655).