PDA

View Full Version : So, Closed Beta is over...

Cayenne
Apr 30, 2012, 09:00 AM
I had a blast again, what about you?

Edit: Final Block 20 Pic!
http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd75/xRomanticDeathx/pso20120430_065606_003.jpg

chaos-shadow
Apr 30, 2012, 09:01 AM
We all rush to the forums!

Had a load of fun, so sad it's over! ; 0 ;

DemonMike
Was damn fun, can't wait for Open Beta.

And just as I had betted, my laptop froze 1 minute beforehand haha

mommy_cornelia
I had a great time with you all! Can't wait for OBT :3

CyberNei
waaaa i want it back D:

Zyrusticae
Apr 30, 2012, 09:02 AM
OB, OB, OB, OB...

I will be playing Tera in the meantime, but it's just not the same. :(

Vashyron
Apr 30, 2012, 09:02 AM
I think it's time to play the song of time. :wacko:

Was starting to get bored near the end due to not much to do, but yeah had fun, can't wait till Open Beta

~Inu~
Apr 30, 2012, 09:03 AM
I'm going to miss Inu, but she will be reborn... Even better.

VectormanX
that was a smashing good time, im gonna keep trying to jump in PSU now

AzureAsh
Well it was fun guys...

Vashyron:

[spoiler-box]
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/45426389/pso20120430_075932_025.png
[/spoiler-box]

Chibi_psu
the end was awesome with all the people dancing lol

Sirius-91
What the hell am I going to do until OBT ?

Ce'Nedra
Was the best, thanks all for the parties! Looking forward to play with ya all again, this is the best online community ever

LokinModar
Apr 30, 2012, 09:04 AM
I cried! T_T

It was so much fun!!

:(

Fujiko
Apr 30, 2012, 09:04 AM
Happy it is over. It just means we are closer to the release of the game :)

Cayenne
Apr 30, 2012, 09:06 AM
I hope I can play with the same group of people in Open Beta as I did in Closed, it made the game x100 better.

dias_flac_0g
Apr 30, 2012, 09:07 AM
Fujiko, that resume you have there is impressive it rivals mine =P

goldwing
Apr 30, 2012, 09:07 AM
Happy it is over. It just means we are closer to the release of the game :)

Yep yep im excited for both OB and full release.

youcantcatchtheblue
Apr 30, 2012, 09:08 AM
Alpha-2 was so much BETTER!!!! D:

Just Kidding guys!!
Don't kill me!!!

NoiseHERO
Apr 30, 2012, 09:08 AM
I don't think I'll need to play another game for the next 5 years... I still can't go into details on how awesome this game is without creating 3 walls of text.

But like starfox says kinda got slow towards the end, once I hit level 20 and got most of the PAs I wanted(well most at least) kinda just wandered around aimlessly and chilled in my friends room.

Well it was still fun fighting 234234234 bosses in one "quest" in the caves though.

BRING ON OBT AND NEW WEAPONS!!

Aeris
Apr 30, 2012, 09:09 AM
Level ranger and force to 20 and done city events at the last day so i had fun while it lasted.

Drekko
Apr 30, 2012, 09:11 AM
It was fun while it lasted

Tetsaru
Apr 30, 2012, 09:13 AM
I had an awesome time playing while it was available. I managed to get one character to Lv20, and then rushed to get another character on Ship 6 to Lv10 in one night because I wasn't sure exactly when the Beta was supposed to end. Figures that it'd happen a few minutes after I got up this morning before I got a chance to hop on and see everyone one last time, but I accomplished what I set out to do, at least. Never got a MAG though, lol... ><

Gardios
Apr 30, 2012, 09:13 AM
Was hella fun, can't wait for the OB now.

chaos-shadow
Apr 30, 2012, 09:14 AM
I'll be on here stalking for OB news. : )

I leave with this:

http://chaos-shadow.com/pso2french.jpg

Rauten
Apr 30, 2012, 09:14 AM
Can't wait for OBT + Release. This game is going to devour sooooooooo many hours of my free time, It's gonna be ridiculous. And it's gonna be delicious.
Pity I missed the end times, stupid freaking work with it's stupid freaking hours hhrmhrmhrmrrgrgrg...

Hayde
Apr 30, 2012, 09:15 AM
Great time, though a bit of me was holding back the entire time--knowing that my characters would be wiped, and wanting to experience a bit of the game as a "new experience" for release/OBT, not sure if anyone else had that feeling.

Although I'm a bit hesistant to roll on server 02, block 20 for server stability issues (this will only get worse with OBT), I'm hoping to find a more populated server with english speakers this time around. (I didn't end up on ship 2, and I spent most of my last beta day on ship 6).

Cayenne
Apr 30, 2012, 09:18 AM
Added a pic in the first post!

youcantcatchtheblue
Apr 30, 2012, 09:20 AM
Although I'm a bit hesistant to roll on server 02, block 20 for server stability issues (this will only get worse with OBT), I'm hoping to find a more populated server with english speakers this time around.

THIS. Let's get more than one ship for our community! We should decide before OBT!!

Zeota
Apr 30, 2012, 09:22 AM
So sad it's over. My thoughts on all this are still quite jumbled though I will say that they were, for the most part, positive. It was nice hanging out with the few folks from here that I did. Well, back to FFXI I guess.

Cayenne
Apr 30, 2012, 09:22 AM
THIS. Let's get more than one ship for our community! We should decide before OBT!!

We will, maybe a week before OB starts we'll make a decision

thepspgamer
Apr 30, 2012, 09:23 AM
26 glorious hours went into this closed beta, and i loved every single second of it

if i partied with you, thank you and i look forward to seeing you ALL in the open beta :3

and thank you SEGA for giving us PSO2...you dont know how grateful we all are...

Gardios
Apr 30, 2012, 09:25 AM
42 hours here I think... Then again, I mostly chatted or was AFK lol.

We might want to "occupy" another block instead, splitting the English community doesn't seem like a good idea imo.

youcantcatchtheblue
Apr 30, 2012, 09:32 AM
We might want to "occupy" another block instead, splitting the English community doesn't seem like a good idea imo.

Hmmm, the whole point is that if Ship 2 gets clustered up and super laggy like in the first half of CBT then we can have a back-up ship to go to for smoother gameplay. I don't know if jumping to a different block will help since it's on the same server

chaos-shadow
Apr 30, 2012, 09:33 AM
Hmmm, the whole point is that if Ship 2 gets clustered up and super laggy like in the first half of CBT then we can have a back-up ship to go to for smoother gameplay. I don't know if jumping to a different block will help since it's on the same server

I think we just need to stay away from ships 1 and 2, since both ships will probably have high usage.

Blackheart521
Apr 30, 2012, 09:33 AM
42 hours here I think... Then again, I mostly chatted or was AFK lol.

wow, I feel lifeless lol 60 hours on my ship 2 character and like 8 on my ship 6, though like you probably had a decent chunk of that as AFK and chat after level 20 hit^^

Lowercase
Apr 30, 2012, 09:38 AM
Very happy so far, can't wait for OBT.

Rauten
Apr 30, 2012, 09:39 AM
I think we just need to stay away from ships 1 and 2, since both ships will probably have high usage.

This. We should stay on Block 20 no matter what ship to avoid further confusion, but avoiding the first and second ships should be a priority.

AnnabellaRenee87
Apr 30, 2012, 09:41 AM
Well, I assume I can play PSU tonight.......wow that hurt just typing that.......
I tried to play PSU two days ago and I tried to jump over something in the way on Neudaiz.
I even remember saying to friends, "I swear I will try to jump as soon as I play PSU"

Gardios
Apr 30, 2012, 09:42 AM
We probably need another Block (21?) regardless seeing how 20 was full from time to time. With an increased player count in OB, that's bound to happen more often.

lethal
Apr 30, 2012, 09:43 AM
Well, I just got the beta about 2 days ago, I accidentally found the english block/channel, and I really didn't chat it up, but I do look foward to OB and beyond. Seems I'll have to start lurking these forums yet again. How do I always end up back here?

Goat666
Apr 30, 2012, 09:44 AM
Neifirst was there.
Beware.

Cayenne
Apr 30, 2012, 09:45 AM
well block 20 is where every english player is headed as i read in a few other websites so maybe keep block 20 for english players and maybe have block 30 (?) for PSOW members to meet.

Demon-
Apr 30, 2012, 09:47 AM
Yep closed beta was awesome stuff. Now bring on Open Beta!

Ce'Nedra
Apr 30, 2012, 10:07 AM
I don't know if jumping to a different block will help since it's on the same server

As a matter of fact it does. I lagg more on block 20 then I did the last 2 days playing on block 50. Emptier blocks do matter. I suggest we find 1 or 2 alternative blocks.

Yamishi
Apr 30, 2012, 10:11 AM

I leave with this:

I thought you stole one of my screencaps for a second there, 'cause I did the exact same thing. Same joke and everything.

xBladeM6x
Apr 30, 2012, 10:12 AM
It sure was awesome. Got lots of recordings. Here's to May 3rd when they tell us about the Open Beta.

*Crosses fingers for it being in like a week* :3

Alena Zouryx
Apr 30, 2012, 10:16 AM
Sure was fun, indeed... It was great seeing so many players I haven't seen in years, and being able to test out what PSO2 is gonna offer, first-hand.

I've posted what few screenshots I took in an album on my profile, and I also posted about the CBT features and personal impressions in and entry on my gaming blog (http://gaymergeek.blogspot.com/2012/04/pso2-jp-closed-beta.html).

Here's to seeing you all again in the OBT! <3

Rath-Kun
Apr 30, 2012, 10:33 AM
Was too fun, my social life will yet again creep into the darkness once the open beta is released..

Alena Zouryx
Apr 30, 2012, 11:02 AM
Was too fun, my social life will yet again creep into the darkness once the open beta is released..

I know, right? I played for two days straight, and ended up hibernating ALL DAY on Sunday, and ended up missing the last hours of the closed beta. Blegh.

Priest
Apr 30, 2012, 11:14 AM
I just want to say thank you to everyone I played with, everyone was very kind. This is the first time I haven't just lurked and actually interacted with the community. ^^

soulpimpwizzurd
Apr 30, 2012, 11:20 AM
closed beta was a great taste of what's to come. i got to experiment with a bunch of + and -'s so i have a good feel for what i wanna do in OB.

Zyrusticae
Apr 30, 2012, 11:24 AM
If lag or congestion is a problem, just go to block 21 or 22. Problem solved.

No need to split the English-speaking community over several ships or across distant blocks.

Strider_M
Apr 30, 2012, 11:24 AM
Wait. I was in the closed beta and I didn't Anyone from this thread...
I heard Everyone was going to Ship 2 but. Did everyone decide what BLOCK to join?

Also if it's going to be the same in Open Beta and the Full game What Block would I most likely meet PSO-Worlders on?

youcantcatchtheblue
Apr 30, 2012, 11:30 AM
As a matter of fact it does. I lagg more on block 20 then I did the last 2 days playing on block 50. Emptier blocks do matter. I suggest we find 1 or 2 alternative blocks.

XD but the last two days weren't laggy only because they fixed the server problems already. Block 20 was just as fine and smooth on the last two days as every other block on Ship 2.

It's just who knows what will happen when we have a ton more people in Open Beta...

Alena Zouryx
Apr 30, 2012, 11:41 AM
Wait. I was in the closed beta and I didn't Anyone from this thread...
I heard Everyone was going to Ship 2 but. Did everyone decide what BLOCK to join?

Also if it's going to be the same in Open Beta and the Full game What Block would I most likely meet PSO-Worlders on?

I was informed that most english-speakers and PSOW-ers were on Ship 2, Block 20, so that's where I was the entire time. When not actively doing missions and questing, I was always engaged in dance parties at the quest counter area.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/MahouMikeKun/Phantasy%20Star%20Online/PSO2/Beta/PSO2CBT-DanceParty02.png

BIG OLAF
Apr 30, 2012, 11:45 AM
I had a lot of fun, despite my ~40 hours of playing time being almost perfectly split between actual playing and just taking pictures. :jpsmile:

Speaking of pictures, I'm uploading my last batch right now, then off to the Beta Screenshot thread. :-P

Ferria
Apr 30, 2012, 11:48 AM

I leave with this:

LMFAO!! I lol-ed so bad looking at this! EPIC XD

Alena Zouryx
Apr 30, 2012, 11:49 AM
LMFAO!! I lol-ed so bad looking at this! EPIC XD

Ferria! Thanks for dancing with me so much!! <3 <3 <3

Ferria
Apr 30, 2012, 11:53 AM
Ferria! Thanks for dancing with me so much!! <3 <3 <3

Of course honeh!! 8D <333

Peejay
Apr 30, 2012, 11:56 AM

Of course I'd run into you here.

Since Closed Beta is closed, I'll finish uploading my pictures onto Steam. I have a few of them where it just showed bugs like Kartagot stacked in a weird sort of monster tower.

Alena Zouryx
Apr 30, 2012, 11:57 AM

I got several screenshots of us dancing~ I uploaded them to both an album on my profile, here, and on my blog post (http://gaymergeek.blogspot.com/2012/04/pso2-jp-closed-beta.html). Good times, good times.

So ready for the OBT, already! T-T Le sigh~

kudo
Apr 30, 2012, 01:38 PM
I just want to say thank you to everyone I played with, everyone was very kind. This is the first time I haven't just lurked and actually interacted with the community. ^^

Were you Priest HC? If so, thanks for helping me find my way around the game when I just started out :3 Don't play much Phantasy Star games and just wanted to try this out because it stuck out to me, was a tad hard to grasp at first, the language barrier not helping much, but it turned out to be alot of fun though I only got to play for about 7 hours.

Mideia

Ce'Nedra
Apr 30, 2012, 02:09 PM
When I came back from diner I automaticly loaded the beta client *Sighs* GIB IT BACK!! ;-;

Peejay
Apr 30, 2012, 02:22 PM
When I came back from diner I automaticly loaded the beta client *Sighs* GIB IT BACK!! ;-;

Gee, you too? I did it twice already. It really is fantastic. Like many various non-prescription drugs.

Priest
Apr 30, 2012, 02:36 PM
Were you Priest HC? If so, thanks for helping me find my way around the game when I just started out :3 Don't play much Phantasy Star games and just wanted to try this out because it stuck out to me, was a tad hard to grasp at first, the language barrier not helping much, but it turned out to be alot of fun though I only got to play for about 7 hours.

Mideia

Yup, that's me. Honestly I was still figuring stuff out right up until the beta ended. The more I play this game the more I love it! Minus the collect missions of course. :P

Freshellent
Apr 30, 2012, 02:41 PM

I leave with this:

PICTURE

I shouldn't be laughing as hard as I am at that picture.

Sachiko-K
Apr 30, 2012, 03:01 PM
Closed Beta was great fun. It was also very absorbing and time consuming, but all in all I don't regret signing for it. Open Beta and Release promise to be awesome.

Sirius-91
Apr 30, 2012, 03:33 PM
Don't mind my taste in music, but here's the last bits before pso2 CBT end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4upE_AxUzs

bryanbtje
Apr 30, 2012, 03:36 PM
Awesome screen Cayenne

Cayenne
Apr 30, 2012, 03:48 PM
Cool video Sirius!

Awesome screen Cayenne

Thanks bud.

Shirai
Apr 30, 2012, 04:33 PM
I really enjoyed the CBT. My friends had a blast though, Kind of shocked by how much they loved it since they were like die-hard PSO fans and not sure if they'd like it for some odd reason I don't know of.

jmanx
Apr 30, 2012, 05:16 PM
The pool is now closed. Get out of here all of you

Ferria
Apr 30, 2012, 05:17 PM
...... You too jman... >.> ...... Bed time!

kudo
May 1, 2012, 01:07 AM
Yup, that's me. Honestly I was still figuring stuff out right up until the beta ended. The more I play this game the more I love it! Minus the collect missions of course. :P

Hahaha I know what you mean :3 And yay I see myself in the ending cbt dance.... all pretty default avatar and all...

Ryo
May 1, 2012, 05:35 PM
I really enjoyed the CBT. My friends had a blast though, Kind of shocked by how much they loved it since they were like die-hard PSO fans and not sure if they'd like it for some odd reason I don't know of.

Honestly I didn't like PSU anywhere near as much as I liked PSO, and I find PSO2 to be much more true to the original. I bet your friends feel the same.

jmanx
May 1, 2012, 06:47 PM
PSU was a failure to mankind itself

BWS-1
May 1, 2012, 06:59 PM
Don't mind my taste in music, but here's the last bits before pso2 CBT end
Last Minutes of Phantasy Star Online 2 CBT - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4upE_AxUzs)

nice one, they keep dancing to your music!

Cayenne
May 1, 2012, 07:00 PM

Good thing PSO2 is here to make us forget about, ummmm, I'll refer to it as "the dark times".

Hax3120
May 1, 2012, 08:13 PM
I was informed that most english-speakers and PSOW-ers were on Ship 2, Block 20, so that's where I was the entire time. When not actively doing missions and questing, I was always engaged in dance parties at the quest counter area.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v231/MahouMikeKun/Phantasy%20Star%20Online/PSO2/Beta/PSO2CBT-DanceParty02.png
I found myself in that pic lol. Luckily i remember all those people in that lobby and you too Alena :-D

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6454/pso20120426225719000.jpg
I took this pic 4 days before it ended (could have sworn i took more screenshots but i cant find em)
(Lol @ Griffin's comment)

Sad day when it ended. I have no idea what to play now except wait for the Open Beta

Rath-Kun
May 1, 2012, 09:24 PM

So much hype for it too. All to bomb into a horrible depression. Took me a while to realize how terrible PSU actually was. Was in denial for a while.

~Inu~
May 1, 2012, 10:04 PM
So much hype for it too. All to bomb into a horrible depression. Took me a while to realize how terrible PSU actually was. Was in denial for a while.

You and me both.
PSU release day felt like world peace day... Didn't feel the same way a month later.
It did get better as time passed (agree or disagree) but it overall just didn't feel like it was executed very well.
But hey, I have much more faith this time around after the PSO2 CB.

CelestialBlade
May 1, 2012, 10:07 PM
http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/6454/pso20120426225719000.jpg
I took this pic 4 days before it ended (could have sworn i took more screenshots but i cant find em)

Sad day when it ended. I have no idea what to play now except wait for the Open Beta
That night was a complete blast, really looking forward to more like it. Really made me miss the fun we used to have in lobbies in PSU v1.

I just want to say that I'm already exhibiting withdrawal symptoms. I NEED PSO2 RUUUAAAAAAAAGH

BIG OLAF
May 1, 2012, 10:07 PM

WHA-

HEY! Don't encourage him!

goldwing
May 1, 2012, 10:16 PM
Lol wow i didnt even realize griffin said that then i looked at the pic i took that night and there it was. Lol good times. Brought to you live from space channel 5

Enforcer MKV
May 1, 2012, 10:18 PM

Ooooooooh, boy....*dons ballistic armor*

I liked PSU. It was fun. I enjoyed the story, and I enjoyed the Online. Honestly, it was my first Phantasy Star game, and it rocked. Trying to play BB after that was...well, not fun.

I'm probably going to get attacked for this, but so be it...*sigh* I liked beasts, Nanoblasts, SUVs, and a lot of what PSU had. They had a lot that needed work, and a lot of that was fixed in JP PSU from what I understand. It's a real shame we didn't get everything the Japanese did, and that's my biggest fear for PSO2; the discrimination and alienation of a portion of their fan base.

EDIT:

That night was a complete blast, really looking forward to more like it. Really made me miss the fun we used to have in lobbies in PSU v1.

I just want to say that I'm already exhibiting withdrawal symptoms. I NEED PSO2 RUUUAAAAAAAAGH

Oh, snap, you're Hax? I remember you. You needed help finding out how to unlock Caves. o.o

EDIT EDIT: Dammit.

Vashyron
May 1, 2012, 10:20 PM
Wait, people actually went to those extremely out of place (as in you probably won't be heading there for anything) cafe areas? I'm amazed, when I always went there nobody was there. :wacko:

goldwing
May 1, 2012, 10:23 PM
Wait, people actually went to those extremely out of place (as in you probably won't be heading there for anything) cafe areas? I'm amazed, when I always went there nobody was there. :wacko:

Noone really (well i for one didnt) knew they were there till that night

CelestialBlade
May 1, 2012, 10:26 PM
Oh, snap, you're Hax? I remember you. You needed help finding out how to unlock Caves. o.o
Heh, not me. *points to sig*

NoiseHERO
May 1, 2012, 10:27 PM
@ enforcer don't worry, we're the only one in the world who would defend what was good of PSU because I actually enjoyed every game of the series. If people are going to vaguely hate on PSU(AND AFIN) because they love the sight of people agreeing with their posts then so be it. But for now, I shall not start another battle for the sake of PSU because I must draw.

@ starfox (I'm not ever going to call you vashyron) I sat in the blue cafe for like an hour talking at the big TV screen before realizing I wasn't using team chat.

edit: As for no one actually knowing it was there... That would explain why everyone just crowds the boring area infront of the campship- who am I kidding you're all just boring/lazy GO EXPLORE. D:

DiMiTri
May 1, 2012, 10:28 PM

We are there. You just aren't looking hard enough.

Believe, and you will see...

BIG OLAF

Yeah, that ended up being the finale to Fresh's little PSOW video that he's now working on editing. It was buckets o' fun goofing off with everyone.

[spoiler-box]http://i.imgur.com/PZsCM.jpg[/spoiler-box]

Enforcer MKV
Heh, not me. *points to sig*

*checks the picture* *facepalm* Dammit, I blame my lack of sleep.

I thought that something was off...

goldwing
May 1, 2012, 10:33 PM
@ starfox (I'm not ever going to call you vashyron) I sat in the blue cafe for like an hour talking at the big TV screen before realizing I wasn't using team chat.

edit: As for no one actually knowing it was there... That would explain why everyone just crowds the boring area infront of the campship- who am I kidding you're all just boring/lazy GO EXPLORE. D:

Lol to the first part and HEY THATS MY MOTTO FOR MY GUILD ON MAPLESTORY!!!!!

Sidney
May 2, 2012, 06:51 AM
@ enforcer don't worry, we're the only one in the world who would defend what was good of PSU because I actually enjoyed every game of the series. If people are going to vaguely hate on PSU(AND AFIN) because they love the sight of people agreeing with their posts then so be it. But for now, I shall not start another battle for the sake of PSU because I must draw.

You're not alone! I'm one of the few who much preferred PSU over PSO. (I'm preparing myself for gasps of horror as well as a rain of rotten tomatoes and other fruity projectiles.) There were, of course, things I didn't like about PSU (mainly how it was managed by SoA), but I enjoyed it a lot more than it's predecessor. Now, so far, I have to say, that I love PSO2 the most out of all three. I was completely enthralled with the game!

CelestialBlade
May 2, 2012, 07:49 AM
I certainly enjoyed PSU (the game itself) but I felt like it was far more fun in v1. Things had a little challenge to them, rares were rare, Hunters weren't AS broken, SE Burn/Virus 4 was useful, we actually got periodic content, events were better, and more people played. Looking back on it...aside from hairstyles and clothes I really didn't like much about AotI at all.

But I put in thousands of hours on my Newman GT, how can I say I didn't love PSU? Were it managed better it could have been something awesome, which hopefully PSO2 will become.

Rauten
May 2, 2012, 10:10 AM
(I'm preparing myself for gasps of horror as well as a rain of rotten tomatoes and other fruity projectiles.)

Fruity projectiles? Oh please, here in the Basque Country, we do things our way... *prepares stack of Molotov cocktails*

PSU did improve on a few areas, but was overall a disappointment compared to PSO. Luckily it seems that they've managed to take all or most of the good from PSU and put it into PSO2, without letting the bad in. Or most of it.

Cayenne
May 2, 2012, 11:09 AM
Well, so far the Closed Beta had a WAY better impression and following than PSU at launch so that's a very good sign as what's to come!

And to think PSU won an E3 award for best in show before it was released...

*facepalm*

CelestialBlade
May 2, 2012, 08:23 PM
....gah, I'm so mad now. My GTX 550 Ti just came in today and I benchmarked 6571 at max settings with all the shaders turned up. I wish I coulda seen the beta like that ;_;

Eggobandit
May 2, 2012, 08:32 PM
Ooooooooh, boy....*dons ballistic armor*

I liked PSU. It was fun. I enjoyed the story, and I enjoyed the Online. Honestly, it was my first Phantasy Star game, and it rocked. Trying to play BB after that was...well, not fun.

I'm probably going to get attacked for this, but so be it...*sigh* I liked beasts, Nanoblasts, SUVs, and a lot of what PSU had. They had a lot that needed work, and a lot of that was fixed in JP PSU from what I understand. It's a real shame we didn't get everything the Japanese did, and that's my biggest fear for PSO2; the discrimination and alienation of a portion of their fan base.

Why do people keep acting like PSU was a bad game?

It had a bunch of stupid fucking things about it, but in general i think its biggest flaw was simply neglect.

tkdyo
May 2, 2012, 08:35 PM
So now that its over...do you guys think its better for it to have voice support? I think it would be a lot more fun talking to people while playing, as if I was sitting in the same room with my friends like on the old console :D

Rauten
May 2, 2012, 08:47 PM
So now that its over...do you guys think its better for it to have voice support? I think it would be a lot more fun talking to people while playing, as if I was sitting in the same room with my friends like on the old console :D

Uh, no. No no no no no no no no no. No.
Not only it isn't really necessary, between normal chat, cut-in-chat-bubbles-with-your-character's-face, pre-recorded messages, quick access messages and Symbol Chat, but 99% of the time a game includes some form of voice comms, it sounds like rotten hell.
Plus it'd be another possible venue of chat abuse; not only you may be forced to witness the obnoxious pre-recorded messages of your partner, you may also suddenly be subjected to the unspeakable horrors that may lurk within his "music" collection.

Zeota
May 2, 2012, 08:53 PM

No need for integrated VOIP to be honest. I tend to shy away from games with such a thing for reasons Rauten already mentioned. The game already provides enough tools to convey certain emotions anyway.

Chik'Tikka
May 2, 2012, 09:13 PM
Why do people keep acting like PSU was a bad game?

It had a bunch of stupid fucking things about it, but in general i think its biggest flaw was simply neglect.

This!!! ^^ i played on Xbox servers due to lack of computer, (and better graphics) and I'd only play 2 months out of the year and never really fell behind or missed anything important+^_^+ great game though!! i stumbled on CBT when i was looking at what may have changed Xbox servers before i renewed my membership after 10 months here on PSO-World+^_^+ so i made an account and got an invite for the last weekend!!! so far this is one of the best forum communities I've gotten to know and i really look forward to playing with all of you!!

Cayenne
May 2, 2012, 10:26 PM
PSU just didn't cater to a lot of the previous PSO fans (including me) but we have PSO2 to look forward to and that's all that matters at this point.

Dabian
May 2, 2012, 10:29 PM
They set out to make a different game when they made PSU. Therein lies the problem I think. So thankfully with PSO2, notwithstanding title similarities, they're coming back to PSO.