PDA

View Full Version : Where is our character data saved?

Rezzer
Apr 30, 2012, 02:15 PM
I was just wondering where our character data was saved on our computers? Someone told me we will be able to use our character from the closed beta for the open beta. How do we go about doing that?

GrandTickler
Apr 30, 2012, 02:18 PM
documents>sega>pso2

in the pso2 folder u can find the files named after your save data for the chars

AnnabellaRenee87
Apr 30, 2012, 02:18 PM
The Character data was saved server side as I went back and forth on my laptop and desktop.

the only character data that was saved client side was the file from the Character creater.

Your closed beta data will not transfer to the open beta. However your open beta data will go over to full release.

Mag-X
Apr 30, 2012, 02:29 PM
If you didn't save your character as a file during character creation, then you'll have do it over again.

Rezzer
Apr 30, 2012, 10:00 PM
i had to save it manually or did it save automatically?

MelancholyWitch
Apr 30, 2012, 10:03 PM
You had to save it manually, you can still go back into character creator and create your ideal character & save it.

Rezzer
Apr 30, 2012, 10:09 PM
so its to late to save my character data from cbt?

Mag-X
Apr 30, 2012, 10:44 PM
Yes. Once you started playing your character it was too late. There was a save option during character creation. All it saved was visual customization based on race and sex. It didn't save class or levels or anything. No matter what, we're all starting from scratch again.

Chik'Tikka
Apr 30, 2012, 10:53 PM
Yes. Once you started playing your character it was too late. There was a save option during character creation. All it saved was visual customization based on race and sex. It didn't save class or levels or anything. No matter what, we're all starting from scratch again.

yeah, i wish i'd known about it, i spent almost an hour on my characters nose alone.... +^_^+

Skyy
May 2, 2012, 06:22 AM
Hmm that's interesting, so we really had to save the looks manually? o.o Because I can't remember ever saving Chiyana while I created her yet I still have a Chiyana.fhp file... oh well I guess I must have done it subconsciously :/ I'm sorry for everyone who has to remake their characters :(

Reser
May 2, 2012, 07:39 AM
The box that comes up for saving the file is similar to a box for naming your character. I saved mine without realising while not using English patch since I thought it was simply asking my character name.

I however did not save one of my characters and really wish they would add the option to save at the Eshe Store, surely if you modify your character a lot you should be able to save those changes?

Sizustar
May 2, 2012, 08:15 AM
If you haven't save your character, or forgot to save, an good idea is to take screenshot of the character, while creating, in case the program crash.

Screenshot with different option open is the best, like these

[SPOILER-BOX]http://www.pso2-uploader.info/uploda/src/up1180.jpg[/SPOILER-BOX]

Rauten
May 2, 2012, 09:42 AM
Keep in mind, you can still create the character using the Character Creator, and the client will import it over. If you have a file you think might be the character, try opening the Character Creator and see if it allows you to open any file.