PDA

View Full Version : so how are launchers

adonis565
Apr 30, 2012, 04:06 PM
do they actually have a use now? I only played the beta for a day

Cayenne
Apr 30, 2012, 04:09 PM
This is being discussed here: http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194663

Zorafim
Apr 30, 2012, 04:10 PM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/Zorafin/PSO2/pso20120428_155515_001.jpg

Yeah, they have a use. That's an AoE, by the way. At level 5.

So far, the choice in ranger weapons seem to be "Would you rather be mobile, be able to switch to a melee weapon, or do a metric shit ton of rape damage in exchange for being a sitting duck?" Assault Rifles are kind of like twin handguns in PSU. They've got mobility, and they're great against weak enemies, but they don't have much of a punch. Launchers have a ton of power, but are really difficult to time, leaving you less focused on defense. They also plant you, again making it difficult to dodge. Once you get past these two things though, they do INSANE amounts of damage. They do massive damage if they hit the target, they do damage if they miss the target, they hit everything around the shot, and the bullet art is even better!

So, yeah. They kind of have a use.

buri-chan
Apr 30, 2012, 04:11 PM
One of the most beautiful sights I saw in the beta was a trio of Rangers raining synchronized holy hell on a Ragne with launchers (because I was one of them). Much more useful than they were in Portable. Great for clearing out groups of enemies, staggers enemies, AOE detonation, no reload when falling...the only downside is that you have to stop to fire them, but a Ranger that close to the enemy is a bad Ranger. Never got to try the Ride Launcher Like a Bronco PA, though.

Demon-
Apr 30, 2012, 04:15 PM
Some people say they are broken and way to over powered.

Syphio
Apr 30, 2012, 04:21 PM
Some people say they are broken and way to over powered.

I played as a ranger, and they kinda are, I mean, I was lvl 5 and I did 200+ damage with the "boom" skill of the launcher, and well, you dont see me complaining about it. :lol:

Sirius-91
Apr 30, 2012, 04:25 PM
Weak bullet does a whole lot more DPS than the launcher could ever hope for.

foreignreign
Apr 30, 2012, 04:27 PM
They've got mobility, and they're great against weak enemies, but they don't have much of a punch.

If Weak Bullet allows you to put multiple weak points on an enemy at once (didn't get to a high enough level to try this), then assault rifle's damage is just as heavy as Launcher.

Multiple weak spots + Homing Emission + max Weak Point damage skills = loads of damage

Eggobandit
Apr 30, 2012, 04:28 PM
Weak bullet does a whole lot more DPS than the launcher could ever hope for.

1) weak bullet

2) switch to launcher

3) ????

4) thousands of damage

foreignreign
Apr 30, 2012, 04:29 PM
1) weak bullet

2) switch to launcher

3) ????

4) thousands of damage

Doesn't the weak spot go away if you switch weapons?

Zorafim
Apr 30, 2012, 04:33 PM
At any rate, the launchers are good.
Kinda nice feeling like a PSIV caseal.

Randomness
Apr 30, 2012, 04:48 PM
I played as a ranger, and they kinda are, I mean, I was lvl 5 and I did 200+ damage with the "boom" skill of the launcher, and well, you dont see me complaining about it. :lol:

You didn't mention the "Reduce boss hits to 1 damage" part of Jellen Shot.

Rath-Kun
Apr 30, 2012, 04:49 PM
Thought that was interesting, that bosses can now have status effects.

LokinModar
Apr 30, 2012, 04:57 PM
As far as i can remember, you can Jellen+Zalure De Rol Le, Dark Falz, etc. in PSO....

foreignreign
Apr 30, 2012, 04:59 PM
Think he meant burn/freeze/etc.

Gardios
Apr 30, 2012, 05:13 PM
You didn't mention the "Reduce boss hits to 1 damage" part of Jellen Shot.

Keep in mind that the CD was bugged - it's supposed to be 120s while it was actually 60s. With an uptime of 20s, you still need to be careful in the remaining 100s so it's not that ridiculous once they fix it.

Omega-z
Apr 30, 2012, 06:33 PM
Jellen Shot doesn't per say make the Boss do 1 damage. But the effect of Jellen dropping the Boss's Ability stat lower so that your Ability to kick in to give you that possibility.

dooby613
Apr 30, 2012, 09:55 PM
personally I preferred the mobility allowed with other weapons, at first, then when I got a PA that made me ride it and then I virtually never stopped using it.