PDA

View Full Version : What oddities have you seen?

MrTurkleton
Apr 30, 2012, 08:07 PM
Been to this site for a long time and dont remember my old account so i made a new one :P.

Anyway, what kind of oddities have you seen durring the beta. For me i had a small render glitch that would rarely pop up and cause people to view hair oddly.

http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/880/pso20120419231737002.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/11/pso20120419231737002.jpg/)

On a small side note i just recently had this odditiy happen with the character creator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9nwPK1nyI0

Clessy
Apr 30, 2012, 08:14 PM
Sometimes the teleporter will put you in the sky and you're just walking in air for awhile. Once you go forward enough you end up on the bottom floor of the lobby.

NoiseHERO
Apr 30, 2012, 08:18 PM
I like parkour sliding down stair rails.

I hope they never "fix" that.

MrTurkleton
Apr 30, 2012, 08:20 PM
the sliding was always entertaining. Also a simple question. Durring the beta did they purposly remove the sitting spots on the chairs? seems odd to have them just to remove them shortly afterword

NoiseHERO
Apr 30, 2012, 08:24 PM
Yeah they thought it was causing a lot of the lag and disabled it.

Technically we could already sit on them, and doing it the normal way your character looks kind of stiff, so I guess no one complained.

MrTurkleton
Apr 30, 2012, 08:35 PM
guess that makes sense. Just wish we didnt have to purchase a ticket to get access to more player actions.

Also i have no idea what i did for the bouncing but apparently its an error with the character itself because it seems the boncing saved to the character file itself. Come open beta, granted this isnt just a creator glitch, it should be interesting to run with the super bouncy woman.

Anyone interested in the file? :P

Polly
Apr 30, 2012, 08:35 PM
Had people spawning as just heads with no bodies and only their equipped units last night and lots of red, blue, and silver ERROR textured Rappies. Great time had by all at the ERROR ghost heads dance party. I'd post pics, but for some reason the game simply stopped saving them even though I'd get the "Screenshot Taken" message. Guess you can call that another oddity.

Chik'Tikka
Apr 30, 2012, 09:03 PM
switching between a rappy costume and a regular outfit disabled Alt and Ctrl for me, making me have to leave the block and come back (or room, mission lobby, etc). that got very annoying sometimes+^_^+ also the in game recorder didn't seem to work, i wanted that to rub in my friends faces!!! and i hope they ADD a mile long Parkour ramp in a mission or something+^_^+

DiMiTri
Apr 30, 2012, 09:07 PM
I consistently experienced the scroll sound looping after scrolling through items in the inventory/palettes/etc. That was my cue to mute and crank up some music!

NeonaPulsar
Apr 30, 2012, 09:14 PM
If it counts as an oddity, on occasion, i would get trapped in my room with no way out but to log. It would just load and load with me standing at the door before finally just letting me move around again.

NoiseHERO
Apr 30, 2012, 09:16 PM
If it counts as an oddity, on occasion, i would get trapped in my room with no way out but to log. It would just load and load with me standing at the door before finally just letting me move around again.

SILENT HILL!

THE MY ROOM!

MrTurkleton
Apr 30, 2012, 09:28 PM
Here is the "bouncy" female newman for you guys to see for yourself. Should be interesting to see if it works in open beta. Load it in the editor to see for yourself :P

Artifice
Apr 30, 2012, 09:32 PM
The most annoying one was probably when the ingame mouse...ing would freak out and lower the sensitivity greatly, and moving my mouse around barely turned my character at all. Spamming menus and stuff seemed to fix it eventually, but I hope it doesn't occur in the next build :P

MrTurkleton
Apr 30, 2012, 09:35 PM
hopefully the open beta will fix the issue of game settings not saving

Cayenne
Apr 30, 2012, 09:40 PM
Seeing someone looking exactly like me, i think that's odd.

NoiseHERO
Apr 30, 2012, 09:44 PM
Sometimes when fighting bosses, especially ragne, they would spin around in circles RAPIDLY and freak out when their HP would get low and they start moving faster.

Could be a lag, or a glitch or both.

But I kind of thought it did that on purpous since it IS a freaky alien demon space spider and it looked kinda cool with the motion blur.

Also I'll be playing with those magic boobs... for erm... bug testing purposes....>_>;; <_<;;;

ShadowDragon28
Apr 30, 2012, 10:00 PM
i glitch i kept getting was under the "Quest Result" selection in one of the menus. I click on it to confirm, and it would keep giving me "Quest Clear" S-Rank and point total every time I clicked on it, as if I did 100 runs i didn't do. It was weird.

Chik'Tikka
Apr 30, 2012, 10:03 PM
ohh that reminds me, i couldn't get the matter board to finish mission 2 for like 4 tries+^_^+

Primobol
Apr 30, 2012, 10:51 PM
I got the "error" textures while in the lobby. It was always red with "error" in yellow for me. I don't know what is that. Maybe I was out of VRAM to allocate more textures? o.O
I think it's hard for that to happen... I know the game was using almost 1.5GB of system memory (RAM) when I was the lobby but I didn't check how much VRAM was in use. I got 1.5GB VRAM on the graphics card (dedicated video memory) but the system can use around 4GB of video memory.

Also, when playing with a friend I noticed that "desync" problem where the mobs are in different location for each one of us. I was watching my friend fight with an invisible thing at my side (damage numbers were popping out of thin air too) when he said "k, go there pull another one" (we were doing the urban emergency quest at level 3 just for the challenge xD and "pulling" them to kill faster with the machinegun "turrets"). When I found one enemy and began pulling it, it died and my friend said (at the other side of the town) "yey this one is down" LOL.

serenade
Apr 30, 2012, 10:54 PM
there were a couple instances where i loaded into an area but my attack palette was missing. i couldn't do anything but run around until i hit start on my controller to bring up the menu and then exit the menu. that seemed to bring my attack palette back....

Primobol
Apr 30, 2012, 10:57 PM
hopefully the open beta will fix the issue of game settings not saving

Hmm that reminds me there were only one option that wasn't saving for me. Max number of full detail players loaded or something like that. It was always at 50 and everytime I start the game I had to go there and crank it up to 200 or sometimes the game wouldn't load my character's model (LOL) or most of the NPC's in town.

NoiseHERO
Apr 30, 2012, 11:04 PM
there were a couple instances where i loaded into an area but my attack palette was missing. i couldn't do anything but run around until i hit start on my controller to bring up the menu and then exit the menu. that seemed to bring my attack palette back....

Pressing the T key to bring up your mouse cursor makes it so that you can't do a lot of things, I guess for a controller user it'd throw you off a bit. It threw ME off *Xbox controller*

Also my Xbox controller has a PERFECT setup, but my playstation-ish controller had a really messy funky set up... Did people with REAL PS3 controllers also have default control issues?

I'll have to try it with my Playstation controller adapter next time...

Chik'Tikka
Apr 30, 2012, 11:06 PM
all my Xbox controllers are wireless....... and it's like $50 for a adapter so i just used mouse/keyboard+^_^+ ima jelly of you+^_^+
EDIT; just googled it and they have new model thats only $20+^_^+ ima have controller for PSO2 by open beta!!

PSO Addict
May 1, 2012, 09:28 AM
I used a Playstation controller thinking I would change the setup but when I did I only found it harder and was quite happy with the default. I did also experience the post load lack of action bar and had to run around in circles around the enemies until it decided to load.

Vashyron
May 1, 2012, 10:01 AM
Here's a red error Rappy from a friend. Screenshots wasn't working then for some reason.

[spoiler-box]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12804628/PSO2/Closed%20Beta/2012-04-22%2012.29.47.jpg[/spoiler-box]

And here's some odd stuff that happened near those 20 last minutes on Ship 2 Block 20.

[spoiler-box]
This hair...
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12804628/PSO2/Closed%20Beta/2012-04-30_00067.jpg

I have no head.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12804628/PSO2/Closed%20Beta/2012-04-30_00066.jpg

Oh dear.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12804628/PSO2/Closed%20Beta/2012-04-30_00073.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

I also saw some Casts with JUST legs before, when I tried to STEAM screenshot it my game crashed. What went trough my head was "Can't let you do that Starfox."

PSO Addict
May 1, 2012, 10:05 AM
I CHOOSE YOU... HOLOGRAPHIC RAPPY CARD!

Taitu
May 1, 2012, 10:08 AM
I used a Logitech gamepad for the game. Going into the game the right stick was oddly mapped to various game functions as opposed to moving the camera. Assuming this game was made with DirectX, for those that have coded in it before will know that the gamepad functionality in DirectInput is setup to interface specifically with the 360 controller. DirectX was created by Microsoft, thus it only makes sense that they will support their controller. If there is any difference in the button layout of the controller you're installing in comparison to the 360 controller then of course it will show when you enter the game.

moorebounce
May 1, 2012, 10:09 AM
The only thing I ran across were enemies that didn't die when they should have. It took them about 30-40 seconds to actually die. The problem is you had to keep attacking them them until they did or they would attack you.

Skyy
May 1, 2012, 10:17 AM
The only really odd thing I have seen were occasional invisible enemies for me xD A few times I just stood there and thought "Umm what are my team-mates fighting against? o.o"

Rath-Kun
May 1, 2012, 10:27 AM
Headless... Horseman? D:

Cool Data Drained Rappy xD

LokinModar
May 1, 2012, 10:55 AM
I once got stuck in mid air between the cars in the city. I jumped and the char fell in a "hole" between the car stack and remained in "jump" animation. All i could do was spin the char and the camera. Luckly the cars disappeared after the "code" event ended...

Vent
May 1, 2012, 12:48 PM
Sometimes when fighting bosses, especially ragne, they would spin around in circles RAPIDLY and freak out when their HP would get low and they start moving faster.

I believe that happens when they get stuck between their own minions.

Peejay
May 1, 2012, 12:49 PM
I believe that happens when they get stuck between their own minions.

In the cases I've seen, Ragne would leg sweep and kill his own minions if they blocked his path.

Vashyron
May 1, 2012, 01:07 PM
Here is the "bouncy" female newman for you guys to see for yourself. Should be interesting to see if it works in open beta. Load it in the editor to see for yourself :P

Okay, I just tried it out. It works and I'm finding it highly odd on why the game would save the "bounciness" in character file. :wacko: Though only the left boob was flopping around like mad that I saw.

If they allow importing of characters into Open Beta and this isn't fixed... oh dear. Haha.

Rath-Kun
May 1, 2012, 01:31 PM
Wiggle wiggle wiggle!

Girl look at that body.

Macman
May 1, 2012, 02:10 PM
It's like giving Super Macho Man's pecs to a girl.

Vashyron
May 2, 2012, 02:08 PM
Huh so Ok, funny you say you had no idea how it occurred, when I actually bothered to check today to see how it was possibly done the breast slider is "somehow" going out of bounds.

Editing character memory eh?

Chives
May 2, 2012, 04:42 PM
One time I was in a fight against ragne where he didn't move at all, and the small spiders didnt spawn either. Talk about easy mode.

Ce'Nedra
May 2, 2012, 04:50 PM
The only really odd thing I have seen were occasional invisible enemies for me xD A few times I just stood there and thought "Umm what are my team-mates fighting against? o.o"

Been like that since psogc. Bad desynch makes it happen though I must say I haven't seen it as much as on psogc.

In fact I haven't seen anything odd on my end aside break dancing dark range I the emergency quest. Basically he runs to the roof, and wals down upside down and mostly backwards too. Fixes the moment he stands still.

Vashyron
May 2, 2012, 04:52 PM
Actually there is the common desynch where you see Team mates fighting thin air, but there is also actual "invisible" enemies where a enemy model doesn't load but they are there and you can lock on, I've seen it happen more with Breedas.

Aeris
May 2, 2012, 05:03 PM
Here's a red error Rappy from a friend. Screenshots wasn't working then for some reason.

[spoiler-box]http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12804628/PSO2/Closed%20Beta/2012-04-22%2012.29.47.jpg[/spoiler-box]

And here's some odd stuff that happened near those 20 last minutes on Ship 2 Block 20.

[spoiler-box]
This hair...
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12804628/PSO2/Closed%20Beta/2012-04-30_00067.jpg

I have no head.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12804628/PSO2/Closed%20Beta/2012-04-30_00066.jpg

Oh dear.
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12804628/PSO2/Closed%20Beta/2012-04-30_00073.jpg
[/spoiler-box]

I also saw some Casts with JUST legs before, when I tried to STEAM screenshot it my game crashed. What went trough my head was "Can't let you do that Starfox."
Never ran into those problems with everything maxed out but +1 for remembering the starfox reference xD

Ce'Nedra
May 2, 2012, 05:03 PM
I noticed the breedas as well, but aside that I haven't seen much desynching at all, which is a good thing.