PDA

View Full Version : So still no word on a global release?

ChronoTrigga
Apr 30, 2012, 09:45 PM
This worries me. I know we'll have fan-translations and what not, but I wish we had a hint at least about a possibilty. And if so, how will the global vs jp servers pan out in terms of equalness.

Chik'Tikka
Apr 30, 2012, 09:49 PM
who knows.... they may add 20 more ships and just make it all global with multi-language installs..... it's possible, i live on the other side of the world and suffered next to no lag+^_^+

Demon-
Apr 30, 2012, 09:52 PM
So still no word on a global release?

Not yet but there have been a lot of little hints so far although they mean nothing until they come out with an announcement.

ashley50
Apr 30, 2012, 09:54 PM
There's no solid statement about this subject atm.

Cayenne
Apr 30, 2012, 09:54 PM
No official word so anything you hear on here is general assumptions.

SEGA did HINT on wanting (generally speaking) to expand beyond Japan but that's about as close as official as you can get.

Zyrusticae
Apr 30, 2012, 09:56 PM
Even if there isn't one, the latency is actually highly playable and it's easy to get over the language barrier if you just hang out in the same block as all the other English players and apply the unofficial translation patch (and learn some katakana for the item names).

At this point, I am not really caring for an international release. It'd be nice to have, of course...

~Inu~
Apr 30, 2012, 09:57 PM
Does Japan even have a release date yet?
I'm sure Sakai has some of PSO2's future planned out and is just waiting to surprise us... Optimism, there.

Powder Keg
Apr 30, 2012, 10:01 PM
Didn't people discover a language option in the data?

I'm sure it could be tossed, but...the ability to switch languages would make it pointless to separate the servers. Everyone would (and should) just go to JP.

RocSage
Apr 30, 2012, 10:06 PM
The biggest problem I have with the lack of information about a global release is that I prefer a Global product with everything translated and all that and I'm willing to wait for it, but there in lies the hook. I'll want to get a few paid for things and because of that I want to make sure the game I spend money on is the version that is the one I want to play. So by them not giving information makes me much more careful to spend money and because localization has take 6month to a year when they DO localize the games it means that I'm likely to play on the JP servers without paying anything for quite a while and I may grow tired of waiting and not being able to understand some things, which I like to understand, like the story.

Other people may feel the same way and some will be more extreme about it which means by them not providing info might result in them losing a bit of money.

Also. The problem with SEGA seems to have always been Sega of America and they have persisted even when they said they restructured. So it is either something high up in the company or SoA just being so terrible that they need a clean start or to just have it all under one company.

Chik'Tikka
Apr 30, 2012, 10:09 PM

I'm sure it could be tossed, but...the ability to switch languages would make it pointless to separate the servers. Everyone would (and should) just go to JP.

hmm... keep in mind international currency laws, such as the scratch tickets, they allow minors in the US to potentially gamble with potentially real money online, which is illegal in the states (granted you buy a bunch of AC for one cost and do what ever) if the prompt to buy more AC pops up each time if you have none and allows you to buy the exact amount needed to play the scratch, there are going to be some extremely peeved parents wanting to law suit+^_^+ it all depends on whether or not Japan will count it as an e-currency (like Microsoft Points) it might be cheaper to have US side servers to avoid tariffs and taxes and such as well+^_^+ i don't know much but i do know it's complicated in a broader business sense+^_^+

buri-chan
Apr 30, 2012, 10:10 PM
I'm just hoping they'll accept Paypal for AC purchases.

Chik'Tikka
Apr 30, 2012, 10:16 PM
if not, i hope they take visa/mastercard+^_^+ greendot uses those+^_^+

Hayde
Apr 30, 2012, 10:17 PM

There was a "Language" and "Region"entry in the settings ini/.pso2 file. It doesn't do anything at this point, of course. So yes...it appears they've had added at least for the possibility of a multi-lingual release.

EDIT:

In your Documents > SEGA > PHANTASYSTARONLINE2 folder :

It's in your user_beta.pso2 (which you had to edit for the virtual full screen):

Locale = {
Language = "Ja",
Region = "Ja",
},

Changing it to EN or anything else, of course doesn't do anything; I tried that on day 1 :p

Enforcer MKV
Apr 30, 2012, 10:48 PM
Japan doesn't even have an official release date, yet. I'm still not overly worried about a global release, specifically because of all the little hints. I honestly want them to work on getting the game finished. But hey, I'm not complaining if they announce something on the 3rd as a nice little surprise.

Para
Apr 30, 2012, 10:50 PM
I'm just hoping they'll accept Paypal for AC purchases.

paypal would be amazing.

Kion
Apr 30, 2012, 11:08 PM
Depends on how they separate the servers if they are going to separate them. When the open beta comes out we can group-translate everything. I think patching the japanese client and sticking to one area is ideal.

HUmar Darkedge
Apr 30, 2012, 11:19 PM
i heard of its release for 2013. But i'm not sure.

BIG OLAF
Apr 30, 2012, 11:22 PM

No, pretty sure it was confirmed as a "Summer '12" release, was it not?

buri-chan
Apr 30, 2012, 11:24 PM

That was for the Vita.

HUmar Darkedge
May 1, 2012, 12:00 AM
No, pretty sure it was confirmed as a "Summer '12" release, was it not?

That was for the Vita.

-_- O...K. Well, thanks for the hint. I guess. But the Vita is still for JP. I reckon.

Finalzone
May 1, 2012, 01:06 AM
This worries me. I know we'll have fan-translations and what not, but I wish we had a hint at least about a possibilty. And if so, how will the global vs jp servers pan out in terms of equalness.

It is a matter of time based on my positive experiences with majority of Japanese players. PSO2 developers likely knew international players are looking for the release hence the participation of alpha and beta release.

ChronoTrigga
May 1, 2012, 03:59 AM
What about the PSU/PSO mods? They any hopeful? (momonpso, etc.)