PDA

View Full Version : Cash shop speculation

Peejay
May 1, 2012, 08:27 AM
This is where we can all think of how much those Gachas are going to suck from our pockets! Since I don't know the exchange rate, I can only take rough guesses, right? In any case, CLOSE ENOUGH. I think trying to scrape things down to being not-cash at this point might be a bit silly anyways.

I think that AC will probably run at a rate of 1000 per 20 dollars, roughly. That said, a new character slot will probably be about that much. Since the slot is permanent, you can expect to pay a premium on it. As for Premium... I think it'd be around 6 dollars for 30 days, making it probably cheaper than APB.

I don't imagine the scratches will change at all, and I think that's a good thing. Sure, you can go through scratches fast, but you're also getting a fairly decent amount from it, compared to say... Neopets or some garbage.

Sizustar
May 1, 2012, 08:28 AM
1 AC = 1 Japanese Yen

Peejay
May 1, 2012, 08:30 AM
If that's the only issue we want to address, we're not going to get much from it. Keeping in mind Closed Beta was going to see how much people were spending on what, so we're going to see all the prices of the AC shop adjusted anyways. I wanted to speculate on what would cost how much in the meantime.

ashley50
May 1, 2012, 08:32 AM
Same as buying JP PSN Cards.

Sizustar
May 1, 2012, 08:38 AM
If that's the only issue we want to address, we're not going to get much from it. Keeping in mind Closed Beta was going to see how much people were spending on what, so we're going to see all the prices of the AC shop adjusted anyways. I wanted to speculate on what would cost how much in the meantime.

Scape doll might change depending on how many people actually used it.

EXP-up might go up, as it's too easy to level in the CB.

Mike
May 1, 2012, 08:43 AM

Everything was set at 10 AC, from scratches to rooms to scape dolls. Everything is going to change.

youcantcatchtheblue
May 1, 2012, 09:03 AM
I was kinda disappointed in the Gachas...

I got the Rappy suit, but out of all the items I got from the Gachas I didn't see anything really worthwhile keeping. But maybe that's a good thing since I won't spend a ton of money trying to get what I want from them.

I guess they'll be changing the items that were in the Gachas every patch or so though, so maybe they'll have some good items in there eventually.

Peejay
May 1, 2012, 09:09 AM
They confirmed that there will be different gachas with different TYPES of high tier prizes. I think one is clothes and one is everything else, or something of the like.

I'm hoping the room is maybe 5 bucks for 30 days or something of the equivalent. I'd rather go premium and get everything, but I'm not too clear on the details of premium even now.

Alenoir
May 1, 2012, 09:51 AM
I can see them charging anywhere from 700 to 1000 yen for the premium member thing for 30 days. Being Japanese though it may even go up higher.

Gacha seems like it will be 200 to 300 yen a spin, on par with everything else gacha-dependent in Japan. :T

Sure hope it's 1 AC = 1 yen though. That way it'd be easier to get some quick FUN if they're gonna make the FUN gacha mostly furniture.

Priest
May 1, 2012, 11:03 AM

If scape dolls are expensive in release, blame me. I abused them hardcore, never waited for a revive unless I was typing haha.

PSO Addict
May 1, 2012, 11:07 AM
My brother and I shouted "Pay to win!" everytime we purchased scape dolls.

Rath-Kun
May 1, 2012, 11:39 AM

Haha, awesome.

That does kind of suck that you need to use real money to use scapes but in the heat of the moment that's a good selling point. Yet at the same time its kind of scary for someone who REALLY wants to win and spends a crap ton of money.

buri-chan
May 1, 2012, 11:40 AM
Wait, hear me out here.

Gravure Mode.

I'd buy that for 100 AC.

Mega Ultra Chicken
May 1, 2012, 12:57 PM

Here's an internet.

Needless to say, I probably won't use Gachas much unless they're the only thing FUN can be used for.

Taitu
May 1, 2012, 01:01 PM

I'm sure all those Moon Atomizers will be happy to be used once people don't have a seemingly unending supply of free AC at their disposal.

Anon_Fire
May 1, 2012, 07:24 PM
I predict the prices of Arkz Cash in PSO2 to be somwhere along the lines of:

500AC = $5.00
1000AC = $10.00
2000AC = $20.00
3000AC = $30.00
5000AC = $50.00
10000AC = $100.00

Vashyron
May 1, 2012, 07:28 PM
Doesn't really matter at this point even if we knew the correct AC = Yen as we don't know how much AC stuff will cost.

thinktank001
May 1, 2012, 11:39 PM

1000AC = $10.00

That sounds about the same as most other P2W games.

Players should be expecting all consumables, permanent items, and account services to be expensive. If we are lucky timed deco items will be cheap.

Peejay
May 1, 2012, 11:52 PM
That sounds about the same as most other P2W games.

Players should be expecting all consumables, permanent items, and account services to be expensive. If we are lucky timed deco items will be cheap.

I view this as unlikely considering how much effort SEGA has actually put into player feedback as far as that would go to this point. If that comes up, something might actually happen quickly. I'm positive it would be.

ClothoBuer
May 2, 2012, 12:33 AM

500AC = $5.00
1000AC = $10.00
2000AC = $20.00
3000AC = $30.00
5000AC = $50.00
10000AC = $100.00

No. It's a common business practice to 'discount' prices the more of something you're offering. So using that template, it'd look something more like this:

500 AC - $6
1000 - $10
2500 - $20
5000 - $35
10000 - $60

By doing it like this, they're going to abuse your brain's reasoning and logic ability to conclude that 10000 is the best deal for the price, and while you could probaby get by with 2500, the fact that you get 4 times as much for 3 times the price will ultimately sway many purchasers, and in the end Sega still scores a nice profit equivalent to what would have been 4 months subscription under normal P2P terms.

Spellbinder
May 2, 2012, 12:37 AM
Wouldn't it be better to be talking in yen if you're going to guess pricing?

Powder Keg
May 2, 2012, 01:06 AM
Wait a second....

Consumables like Scape dolls... real money?

Rosecraft
May 2, 2012, 09:44 AM
80Yen = roughly $1.00 as of today. So if it's about 1,000 Yen(en). Then it would be close to $12.50. But this is if you were to buy stuff on the Japanese server, if that is also the only place you intended to play. I don't think Sega is one for discounted prices. But we will see.

Rath-Kun
May 2, 2012, 10:33 AM
I'd buy that for 100 AC.

I'D BUY THAT FOR A DOLLAR.

It feels like everyone is playing the Price is Right. Will be interesting to see who is the closest.

Dabian
May 2, 2012, 10:58 AM
I envisage myself splurging on outfits/styles more than anything else.

Using the portable games as a basis, I predict 1AC = 1 yen. And Paying 200-300 yen for an outfit would seem reasonable. It certainly did to alot of PSP users.

kyuuketsuki
May 2, 2012, 12:34 PM
Wait a second....

Consumables like Scape dolls... real money?
Yes. It's only Scape Dolls and Star Atomizers that sold for AC as of the Closed Beta. Neither of them are really needed. If you're in a group, you can just spawn back at the camp ship, have a team mate throw down a pipe, and be back where you were in < 5 seconds. If you're soloing... just toss down a pipe every so often or be prepared to spend 30 seconds or so running back to where you were.

kyuuketsuki
May 2, 2012, 12:36 PM
I don't think Sega is one for discounted prices. But we will see.
Well, there were "discounts" for buying bundles of gacha tickets (11 tickets for 100 AC, whereas 100 AC normally only got you 10 goes at the gacha). They're also selling 30 day, 60 day, and 90 day tickets for the "premium" features like My Room, My Shop, etc. It can be safely assumed that you'll get a small discount for buying 60 and 90 day tickets -- what'd be the point otherwise?

Saotome Kaneda
May 2, 2012, 03:02 PM
Yes. It's only Scape Dolls and Star Atomizers Cosmo Atomizers that sold for AC as of the Closed Beta.

ftfy

Cosmo Atomizers are basically buff Star Atomizers though.

BWS-1
May 2, 2012, 03:20 PM
So far, the rates are second to the ''accessibility'' to whatever we'd us AC for when it comes to my concerns.

I mean, isn't there like over 1000 items in PSU which were JP PC server-only? Most of them using GC?

I guess now it's different, if we're ever to get the game, surely we wouldn't be left without content update or AC...

Powder Keg
May 2, 2012, 06:48 PM
Consumable items using real money seems just a bit over the edge to me.

Oh well, hopefully Megid isn't a level design like it was in PSU.

I really wonder what types of things they will make findable and what you will pay for? Making everything purchasable would kind of take the hunting fun out of it, if it's limited to items with "easymode" perks and clothes, etc then that'll be fine.

So far I know extra character slots will cost money, which I'm sure everyone will use. If I play I'm not spending too much right off the bat, if any at all.

kyuuketsuki
May 2, 2012, 07:31 PM
ftfy

Cosmo Atomizers are basically buff Star Atomizers though.
Oh right my mistake. We shall call them Star Atomizers +1.

Rosecraft
May 3, 2012, 02:27 AM
Well, there were "discounts" for buying bundles of gacha tickets (11 tickets for 100 AC, whereas 100 AC normally only got you 10 goes at the gacha). They're also selling 30 day, 60 day, and 90 day tickets for the "premium" features like My Room, My Shop, etc. It can be safely assumed that you'll get a small discount for buying 60 and 90 day tickets -- what'd be the point otherwise?

Really? That is great! Their history says otherwise. -.- I didn't play the beta for very long.