PDA

View Full Version : Force techniques animations

LokinModar
May 1, 2012, 10:52 AM
I thought they would bring back the old Rafoie/Rabarta graphics from old PSO. They were far better than just the red/blue smoke cloud from PSU...

Someone else thinks this way?

Also Deband/Shifta effect in Old PSO looked better (at least in PSO I&II)

Dragwind
May 2, 2012, 03:52 AM
Red/blue smoke cloud from PSU? I'm not sure I understand what you're referring to.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jr1aTWaofI

I personally think PSU had some of the best technique animations in the series (especially at high levels). Keep in mind though, we haven't really seen the full extent of techs yet in PSO2.

NoiseHERO
May 2, 2012, 03:54 AM
MORE PROOF PSO PURISTS HAVE SELECTIVE MEMORY!

Hrith
May 2, 2012, 03:55 AM
PSO2 techs are bound to look different at high levels, but so far the max level is 15.

Spellbinder
May 2, 2012, 03:57 AM
Where is the level 15 noted?

NoiseHERO
May 2, 2012, 03:57 AM
The highest I've seen was level 5... for ALL photon arts.. @_@

Vashyron
May 2, 2012, 04:29 AM
Where is the level 15 noted?

Datamined.

Hayde
May 2, 2012, 05:17 AM
Wasn't tech's in the original PSO capped at 15? if I recall, they raised the cap to 30 when PSOv2 was released, right? If the max level of PA's and techs were 5 (that's the highest I got, at least) in PSO2 CBT, then the max level at 40 cap should be at least 10, if not 15.

I"m okay with Rafoie and Rabarta (actually the whole cyclone/blizzard thing is sorta neat)--wish the range was a little bigger, of course...but Razonde....not sure I like its new incarnation. I much preferred this crazy chain of lightning.

Itsuki
May 2, 2012, 05:32 AM
I"m okay with Rafoie and Rabarta (actually the whole cyclone/blizzard thing is sorta neat)--wish the range was a little bigger, of course...but Razonde....not sure I like its new incarnation. I much preferred this crazy chain of lightning.

In all honesty, I think Rabarta and Gifoie have good enough range. On the other hand, Razonde has a useless range in PSO2 currently. Hopefully it will be better at later levels, but currently, its the most useless technique.

In PSO2, as a force, you tend to be in practically melee range if you're using a rod anyways. Or if you're using a Talis, you cast from wherever you throw it, so its always right on top of the mobs anyways. This means the spells don't really need to be as wide of range as they were before. Though I'm sure they'll increase with level anyways.

Keiko_Seisha
May 2, 2012, 05:37 AM
In all honesty, I think Rabarta and Gifoie have good enough range. On the other hand, Razonde has a useless range in PSO2 currently. Hopefully it will be better at later levels, but currently, its the most useless technique.

Razonde gains more range the higher off the ground it's used. If you use a rod make a jump and then cast it. It's best used with a talis though, toss a talis into the air, charge it, and let it go and the range is pretty nice.

Edit: I will say though that compared to it's "lower-class" tech in the same family Razonde pales compared to Gizonde since Gizonde is just that much easier to make full use of.

CelestialBlade
May 2, 2012, 06:01 AM
Personally I like what I've seen of the PSO2 techs, many of them are like a mix of PSO's and PSU's. I found PSU techs pretty horrible for the most part after 30 (with a few exceptions like Gizonde and Resta) so it's nice to see these are more than colored lens flares.

LokinModar
May 2, 2012, 07:58 AM
I liked rafoie being RAFOIE, the big round fireball explosion from PSO...

Goat666
May 2, 2012, 08:02 AM
Some graphic effects like rafoie or grenade launcher explosions look like they came out from playstation one to me(maxing everything in the options). Dull.

LokinModar
May 2, 2012, 08:25 AM
Some graphic effects like rafoie or grenade launcher explosions look like they came out from playstation one to me(maxing everything in the options). Dull.

That is what i am talking about... They seem simpler than the '12 year ago' effects. The computers today are far mor powerful that the old ones where PSO:BB used to run...

I think they considered these effects because there are multi-party areas...

Macman
May 2, 2012, 08:36 AM
Some charged techs in PSO2 already compare with high-end techs in PSU. I fear how flashy and screen-consuming a max-level tech will become.

Zyrusticae
May 2, 2012, 08:39 AM
I do think the effects could be much better graphically, even without making them flashier (since obviously flashiness is reserved for higher-level techs). Foie techs, in particular, really suffer in this incarnation.

Fujiko
May 2, 2012, 08:40 AM
Some charged techs in PSO2 already compare with high-end techs in PSU. I fear how flashy and screen-consuming a max-level tech will become.

It was pretty crazy in a party of 3 Forces and 1 Ranger all spamming RAfoie and the launcher.

Game still ran smooth as silk for me, even if I could not see the monsters very well half the time.

Can't say the same for PSO or PSU/PS2 when that happened...

Macman
May 2, 2012, 08:41 AM
I had a group of 3 forces in the Volcano at one time. Rabarta is sooooo noisy.

LokinModar
May 2, 2012, 08:43 AM
Rafoie used to lag a lot when 2 or more forces were spamming in Old PSO...

Ark22
May 2, 2012, 09:05 AM
We do not need flashier techs. Techs look great now unless you're a graphics whore. But if we get better looking techs, and everyone and their mother spams Gi-techs you will lag, a lot. But I really can't wait to see what it will look like at a higher level.