PDA

View Full Version : Questions about PSO 2

Donutoid
May 1, 2012, 03:33 PM
So, there's a few things I've been wondering about this:
-First, is it planned to be released in America? If not, is it possible for them to change their mind?
-Second, how can I get my hands on this Alpha/Beta I see people talking about. I'm so eager to play it and I would love to give it a try! (PSO is probably my favorite game ever)
-Third I assume it's a PC exclusive, but not 100 percent sure. Does anyone know if it will be released on consoles?

ALSO: Please forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this thread, but I couldn't find anything where I can post about "PSO 2". I'm kind of a noobie on this website, I've always used it for information, but never actually made an account till now. >.<

buri-chan
May 1, 2012, 03:55 PM
- There have been no official statements yet, but some data-mining supports the idea that Sega is thinking about it. They're still probably running scared from PSU.

- Alphas are over, and the Closed Beta just ended. The Open Beta will be available in hopefully not too long, and character data will carry over from the OB to release.

- The game is first coming out for PC in Japan. A Vita release with cross-platform to PC will be available in 2013. There are single-player Android and iOS versions planned, but not elaborated on.

Sizustar
May 1, 2012, 03:56 PM
-First, is it planned to be released in America? If not, is it possible for them to change their mind?
-Second, how can I get my hands on this Alpha/Beta I see people talking about. I'm so eager to play it and I would love to give it a try! (PSO is probably my favorite game ever)
-Third I assume it's a PC exclusive, but not 100 percent sure. Does anyone know if it will be released on consoles?

ALSO: Please forgive me if this is the wrong place to post this thread, but I couldn't find anything where I can post about "PSO 2". I'm kind of a noobie on this website, I've always used it for information, but never actually made an account till now. >.<

1. No official word, data indicate they are planning multiple language version, but as the Japanese version isn't even released, other version will have to wait.

2. Close beta ended this week, Open Beta date has not been set yet, we might get more info on the Live event on 05/03

3. Only three platform
PC version - Summer 2012,
PS Vita 2013,
Ios/Android - Soon

Donutoid
May 1, 2012, 04:03 PM
Alright, thanks everyone for the reply! So where are we going to be able to download the Open Beta when it releases, or is that still unknown?

buri-chan
May 1, 2012, 04:07 PM
First you'll need to register for a JP Sega ID. The thread with instructions is here. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2725351&postcount=1678) After that, just keep an eye open for news, or check on pso2.jp every so often.

Donutoid
May 1, 2012, 04:11 PM
Thank you! :D I appreciate it.

It's difficult reading this website. D; Do you know Japanese or do you just use a translator?

Also, is it difficult to navigate through the game menus? Since it's all in Japanese and what not.

Rath-Kun
May 3, 2012, 03:38 PM
It's not difficult, there is an English patch. Making it a bit easier.

Prior to the patch though its a lot of experimenting, click on that menu and see what it does. Try out the next.

Xieveral
May 3, 2012, 03:46 PM
http://www.saint-ism.com/2012/03/so-you-want-to-sign-up-for-the-pso2-closed-beta-test/

This should guide you through the registration process.

Also, not that it matters at this point but the portion with the ToS agreement changed slightly, asking for a beta key if you chose to sign up for any of the beta test options.

Cayenne
May 3, 2012, 03:47 PM
2 threads just today asking when is it coming to USA?

*facepalm*

Can we please look at some threads already made before asking the same questions over and over?

Donutoid
May 3, 2012, 03:53 PM
Wait, so is it still possible to obtain a beta key?

Peejay
May 3, 2012, 03:59 PM
No, the closed Beta is shut down and the next portion of the test has yet to be announced. You'll have to wait until then to see what they're doing. If it is still closed Beta 2, one of us will probably be able to pitch you a key immediately. If it's open, then you don't need to wait around and can just have at it.

Rath-Kun
May 3, 2012, 03:59 PM
Beta is done dude. Heh.

Dan Maku
May 3, 2012, 04:04 PM

1. There's no info on a western release yet. However, judging by the English credits dug up by datamining, plus a swear filter for English curses in-game, chances for an English release are looking hopeful.

2. You have to sign up with a SEGA ID. There should be info on how to do that floating around the forums.

3. A cross-platform capable version of the game has be announced for the PSVita. Other than that, no console release.

Donutoid
May 4, 2012, 02:48 PM
No, the closed Beta is shut down and the next portion of the test has yet to be announced. You'll have to wait until then to see what they're doing. If it is still closed Beta 2, one of us will probably be able to pitch you a key immediately. If it's open, then you don't need to wait around and can just have at it.

Alright, thanks! :D This weekend I'm going to work on getting my Sega ID (JP)
Then.... I just need to build a computer that can handle PSO 2. Considering my current one can't even handle the character creator...

Sizustar
May 4, 2012, 04:36 PM
Alright, thanks! :D This weekend I'm going to work on getting my Sega ID (JP)
Then.... I just need to build a computer that can handle PSO 2. Considering my current one can't even handle the character creator...

Well, generally, any 300~500 USD PC can play the game, it's requirement isn't exactly that high.
If you need help to plan or build one, you can ask in this topic
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194014

I'm sure other and me will answer your question.

Donutoid
May 5, 2012, 12:42 PM
Well, generally, any 300~500 USD PC can play the game, it's requirement isn't exactly that high.
If you need help to plan or build one, you can ask in this topic
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=194014

I'm sure other and me will answer your question.
Ah, thank you. That should help a lot! :D