PDA

View Full Version : Favorite thing about PSO2 as of right now?

imrevned
May 2, 2012, 12:13 PM
Hello, I figured I should introduce myself on the forums, so this will be an introduction. I would like to ask you guys what your favorite "things" (whether it be one feature of the game, the feel of the game, just talk about it! lol) about PSO2 is as of right now. I am very curious what each of your favourite aspects of the game are. Sadly, I did not even hear about Phantasy Star Online 2 until it was too late (I discovered it yesterday XD). I am not a true, die-hard fan of the Phantasy Star games, but I have played PSO and PSU and enjoyed both games immensely. Though, for PSU, I played it as a demo on the Xbox 360 and played it online, I am not sure whether I really liked it or was highly addicted xD Anyway, as I am waiting for Open Beta, I have been reading up on the game, watching videos and etc. I would like to get the opinions of people who have actually participated in closed beta because I am dying to play and I am dying for feedback, lol. So... yep. That's the point of this thread and this is my introduction. Please, post to your heart's content! :D

~ Feel free to discuss all of the things you enjoy, you don't have to pick one! :D

BIG OLAF
May 2, 2012, 12:15 PM
Begin able to change outfits to any color you want.

soulpimpwizzurd
May 2, 2012, 12:17 PM
sup bro, this is a pretty cool place to hang out and talk about pso2. from time to time there's a clashing of opinions but as long as you don't take it too seriously you'll find this place is pretty nice.

i liked many things about pso2. i liked how you could go to the second level of the shopping/main lobby area and jump off to the first floor. (no invisible walls to force you to use the stairs each time), the combat system feels smooth and fast, the music suits the game nicely, and the character creator is top notch

but as with many others, i too, believe the game NEEDS AN ASS SLIDER IN THE CHARACTER CREATION :(

lol olaf it's kind of a pain to change the outfit color imo. don't you need to get like 10 scratch card outfits to get a "custom color" voucher or something?

CoffeeStained
May 2, 2012, 12:18 PM
That you-are-not-the-father quest clear music. 8)
Oh, and that adding yourself as an npc helper system.

CelestialBlade
May 2, 2012, 12:18 PM
Just one?! D:

The combat, I'd say. It's SO much more fun now.

NeonaPulsar
May 2, 2012, 12:19 PM
Begin able to change outfits to any color you want.
I never actually found that option. Something to look for i guess.

I really liked the controls to the game. They were fun, easy to get use to, and made nuking with techs a breeze.

Zorafim
May 2, 2012, 12:20 PM
Oh, I'd have to say... Everything. Yeah, just everything.

Porkmaster
May 2, 2012, 12:23 PM
Just one, huh? Well, this may be a little biased, as I'm both a composer and have uploaded 12 PSO2 tracks to YouTube, but... The music. I just love it, it's amazing. It's a shame I couldn't get all the closed beta music up before it ended, but I'll have more chances once open beta starts.

Goat666
May 2, 2012, 12:34 PM
That'd be the 'my face in yo face' baloon with character expressions, preferrably when 10+ people are hammering down a boss.

Rath-Kun
May 2, 2012, 12:40 PM
Oh, I'd have to say... Everything. Yeah, just everything.

Agreed.

imrevned
May 2, 2012, 12:43 PM
"Everything." hahah, I am really looking forward to this.

soulpimpwizzurd
May 2, 2012, 12:45 PM
"Everything." hahah, I am really looking forward to this.

it's a good game man. when ob comes out do the right thing.

be a hunter.

imrevned, you could edit your opening post to say that instead of double post. giggle*

imrevned
May 2, 2012, 12:50 PM
it's a good game man. when ob comes out do the right thing.

be a hunter.

imrevned, you could edit your opening post to say that instead of double post. giggle*
Yeah, in all the games I have been a hunter :3 I am a sucker for characters who use a sword. To be honest, I am very new to forum posting, I am a "noob" xD

Priest
May 2, 2012, 01:26 PM
I love the multiparty areas. Especially when they are made up of 4 teams with 3 NPCs each. I never feel lonely!

Cayenne
May 2, 2012, 01:32 PM
I'm gonna say 2.

1) The music (forest, oh yes!)

2) The ease of playing with team mates and random players.

Dinosaur
May 2, 2012, 01:32 PM
The community

imrevned
May 2, 2012, 01:48 PM
Is there a good amount of English speaking players? I imagine there is.

goldwing
May 2, 2012, 01:49 PM
I love the fact that its similer to pso in many ways i love how the forest music has a hint of the old forest song and well i just love everything about it XD

Eggobandit
May 2, 2012, 01:58 PM
I love the new forest track. Its so much less repetitive than the alpha version, and they even threw in the PSO forest music! It just fits so well with the stage, especially part 2 with all the trees and shadows and stuff.

More than anything i like the improvements to enemy programming.

They dodge, they block, pathfind, attack eachother, have weakpoints, interactive physics, are well animated, use teamwork, have destructible features...

They are complex, in ways that PSU never achieved and even PSO didn't achieve. The Dragon enemies just-guard you and the Savage Wolves can actually jump off walls. The dragon boss transforms 3 times and Dark Ragne actually climbs on the walls in his own boss area. I love the enemies in this game.

Nurusanura
May 2, 2012, 02:00 PM
It's hard to say... I do like everything about it, but what I like most would have to be...

The ability to change classes. Once you hit cap, well screw you, you aren't done! Go level your Force you turd!

Hey, what if I am a masochist! so what! :D

Zorafim
May 2, 2012, 02:02 PM
Is there a good amount of English speaking players? I imagine there is.

We had an almost full block on ship 2, block 20. It was just about as full as block 1. So yeah, there's a good amount of players.

FerrPSO
May 2, 2012, 02:05 PM
-The battle system (Hunters more hack and slash, Rangers more TPF)
-The multiparty areas
-The emergency codes (after 30 hours of closed beta it never felt old)

Tetsaru
May 2, 2012, 02:07 PM
I'd say the third-person aiming controls for guns and techs, the multi-party areas, and randomized emergency codes to keep things interesting.

That, and being able to edit female characters' boobs. :wacko:

Peejay
May 2, 2012, 02:39 PM
My absolute favourite parts of the game has to be two things:

The extensive weapon inheritance system, which will probably be expanded further. It seems exciting playing that game of chance trying to equip my weapon with something bizarre like Poison III and having a slight chance to succeed and become really stupid powerful.

And the Interrupt codes. They add a different sort of difficult that is refreshing, and all of them happen according to your relative location and level, too. The higher you are, the more risky those become (most times.) It's really an ingenious system to have in place to keep things fresh for me.

Hrith
May 2, 2012, 03:07 PM
The gameplay.

Joe Friday
May 2, 2012, 03:52 PM
Just one thing..? Don't make me choose!

The combat system.

I also love the character creator (needs more flexible costume colours for fleshies though). The multiparty areas are also great for meeting random people and stumbling across nasty surprises.

Para
May 2, 2012, 03:56 PM
Can I name something that I dislike instead?

I dislike the restriction on what you are allowed to have mapped to your mouse buttons.
Also the monster models seem need to be a little less blocky.

Other than that... the game is amazing.

Demon-
May 2, 2012, 04:10 PM
Yeah my favorite thing is the combat system.

also:

multiparty areas
interupt codes
bosses
character creator
music
EVERYTHING!

Ryo
May 2, 2012, 04:17 PM
Definitely the combat system. But to be honest, this game continuously surprised me with new and awesome things, I can't think of any one thing that truly detracted from my enjoyment.

Scotty T
May 2, 2012, 04:18 PM
Character creator

Not everything is good, but most of it :P

Clessy
May 2, 2012, 06:04 PM
Favorite thing? Dude its got its issues but over all its really a great game so picking one thing is so hard.

Ima say the amazing art direction / graphical style. The music comes second though. The gameplay is nice and fast but, balance could stand some work.

Kraiseson
May 2, 2012, 06:47 PM
BEST THING IS HOW MUCH PPL PLAY

Sidney
May 2, 2012, 07:46 PM
Accessories are not tied to your choice of hairstyle! Free hairstyle changes! No more tech leveling/grinding! Awesome, detailed character creator! Fun gameplay! Huzzah!

NoiseHERO
May 2, 2012, 08:07 PM
Just one?! D:

The combat, I'd say. It's SO much more fun now.

This, can't pick just one, but I'm stuck between the addictive combat and general gameplay that reminds me of ALL of my favorite games (and I'm pretty picky with games)

And the awesome character creation and upgraded community aspects from PSU (minus the outfits... and goal lobbies I'll miss goal lobbies.)

So I guess combat wins. Even weapons that I was previously uninterested in, in PSO and PSU were like infinitely more fun, and just cool to look at in this game.(partizan)

Masa-san
May 2, 2012, 08:08 PM
Dance party.

PSO Addict
May 2, 2012, 08:16 PM
I was totally expecting a "Dance party" response.

Chik'Tikka
May 2, 2012, 08:51 PM
ummm.... considering i got kicked from PSU multiple times for not paying on time, i'd say i like the "free" the most+^_^+ when i has moneys i can pay for stuff and when i don't i can still keep playing+^_^+

Rauten
May 2, 2012, 08:58 PM
Infinite spawns

Oohh, good one, I'm with this. Those endless spawns in the multi party areas are VERY sweet.

~Inu~
May 2, 2012, 09:25 PM
I loved everything in general, but if I had to pick something a little different... I'd say, My Room.
Seriously, it's so Animal Crossing style. I love it.
The Lobby system is 1000x better, and the free fields of EMERGENCY: CODE ANOTHER BOSS TO KILL

It's just the entire game period, it's amazing.

imrevned
May 2, 2012, 09:36 PM
I loved everything in general, but if I had to pick something a little different... I'd say, My Room.
Seriously, it's so Animal Crossing style. I love it.
The Lobby system is 1000x better, and the free fields of EMERGENCY: CODE ANOTHER BOSS TO KILL

It's just the entire game period, it's amazing.
I was raised on Animal Crossing! xD <3

njdss4
May 2, 2012, 10:20 PM
Being able to jump, and to be able to attack while in mid-air.
Being able to switch classes, removing the need to have more than one character (which this game would charge you for through the cash shop).
Being able to invite NPCs to fill out your party, and even AI clones of people you've played with. It's kinda creepy, but still a good feature.
Being able to send items to your warehouse while out in the field. I pick up EVERYTHING so I can take it back and sell it, feed it to my mag, or save it for when I switch classes.
Being able to join other people's parties in progress.

Freshellent
May 2, 2012, 10:42 PM
The community

/agree

That, and the speed of the game. I like the responsiveness of combat.

Or the Codes, I love the presentation and gets me so pumped I get when I see them.

Griffin
May 2, 2012, 10:45 PM
The females are finally sexy.
Being able to jump and attack.
Graphics.
Map immersion.

That's more than one favorite thing. BAN ME.

njdss4
May 2, 2012, 10:55 PM
/agree

That, and the speed of the game. I like the responsiveness of combat.

Or the Codes, I love the presentation and gets me so pumped I get when I see them.

"CHANGE OVER" "CROSS BURST" "ONE MORE" I really loved that.

Ryudo
May 2, 2012, 11:32 PM
definitely the interrupt/code events, it's probably the single best thing to happen to this kind of game in a decade. I fully expect to see loads of games ripping it off

RocketZX
May 2, 2012, 11:43 PM
i love EVERYTHING about this game
the Multi-party quests,
the emergency code events,
areas with infinite enemy respawn (sure you have to move to another part of the map and back but STILL).
being able to find a party that is SPECIFICALLY doing the quest you're highlighting.
Client orders, they make the game more entertaining and the NPCs are kinda cool IMO
but BUT BUT...
if I had to pick one thing, one SINGLE little thing that I like in PSO2....
that would be that YOU DON'T HAVE TO HIT AN ENEMY TO GET EXPERIENCE IN YOUR PARTY!!
you have NOOOOOO idea how stupid I thought it was that you don't share EXP unless you land a hit, but when you're in a full party people PWN everything before you even SAW them sometimes, and that pissed me off, in PSU i had to resort to shotgun spam to ensure i get some exp of every enemy spawn. and also if I decide to multi-box i can level MYSELF up just by the follow command and blasting everyone with one character!

Drifting Fable
May 3, 2012, 12:07 AM
I personally think friend bots are an amazing feature

Buddy has to leave you alone for a couple of hours? Don't solo, bring your friend bot!

And in this game the friendly AI is actually semi competent. As long as the multiparty area isn't filled, it pretty much fixes the need for soloing.

yoshiblue
May 3, 2012, 12:09 AM
So far, everything. If there was anything that crossed my mind, its the need for mini games.

Cayenne
May 3, 2012, 12:33 AM
Wow, has no one mentioned how the boobies bounce?

*shakes head*

Shame...

imrevned
May 3, 2012, 05:48 PM
Wow, has no one mentioned how the boobies bounce?

*shakes head*

Shame...
Hmm... Sweet :D

Dan Maku
May 3, 2012, 05:51 PM
The game feels more like a straight-forward action game than the previous titles. That was one thing that always annoyed me about MMOs: they take after WoW and are little more than boring strategy games. I don't have that feeling at all with PSO2: it feels more like Devil May Cry than others.

catwat
May 3, 2012, 06:58 PM
I dont know whats my favorite thing lol i just love everything about it but things i like are:

The animations in generall, its all very smooth and looks so clean and awesome for me
The randomness in mission from area generating to mob spawns to emergency events, stuff like this just kept me going for hours and it never got too boring.
Respawning monsters! nuff said :D
The art and design of just everything in game
The improvements from the previous PSO, I just noticed it right away that they kept to some things and really made and effort to improve other things

Rath-Kun
May 3, 2012, 07:44 PM
The improvements from the previous PSO, I just noticed it right away that they kept to some things and really made and effort to improve other things

I liked that they kept a lot of the old sound effects.

imrevned
May 4, 2012, 01:01 AM
I am truly excited to play :D